Start by marking “The Storm Dragon” as Want to Read:
The Storm Dragon

The Storm Dragon

(The Secret Rescuers #1)

A group of friends set out to save magical creatures from a cruel queen and her wicked soldiers in the first book in the brand-new Secret Rescuers chapter book series.

When Sophy finds a little lost dragon named Cloudy, she knows he’s in danger. It will take all the courage she can muster—and a little bit of magic—to keep the baby dragon safe. But what if there
Published March 7th 2017 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm Dragon

Start your review of The Storm Dragon
Stephanie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My girls LOVED this book and are excited to continue the series. I loved that it made them so excited to listen to a story that they wanted to do so anytime we had a free minute.
Jessica Robbins
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Amy
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not appropriate for younger audience I'm selecting for.
Kristine
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Absolutely adorable story. Perfect for our 4 year old daughter. She loved it.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Harrison, Paula The Storm Dragon (The Secret Rescuers #1), illustrated by Sophy Williams. Simon & Schuster, 2015. $5.99. Content: G.

As a maid in the castle, Sophy wishes for adventure. But when a baby dragon crash-lands near her, she knows all that is about to change. With the help of a magical stone, she communicates with Cloudy the storm dragon, and learns that he is hurt. But his broken wing isn't the only problem; Sir Fitzroy the knight is determined to lock up all magical cr
Kaylee
This is a very sweet and interesting story. Quite original too, I thought. However, there were a couple things that bugged me. First of all, it ended on a cliffhanger. A 112-page children's book should not end on a cliffhanger.

The other issue is that it's very unrealistic. The castle has one cook, a housekeeper, a little girl who is the only maid (who does pretty much everything), and a little boy who does all the gardening AND takes care of the stables all by himself. The only other people who
Leslie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short, cute story about a young servant girl who rescues a baby dragon, which she can speak to through the possession of some magic stones. The first of a series, and as such, ends rather abruptly on a cliffhanger leading into he next adventure. Mild "danger" should not upset even a very young child. The soft black and white illustrations, while charming, were a surprise, after the bright colors of the jacket. On to Book Two!
Harriet
I really liked the baby dragon. I already read The Sky Unicorn and now I read the first one, and I really liked how they got to know each other (he got a broken wing and she wanted to help him). I liked there was the magic stones that she had and I hope to read the third book. It was one of my favorite ones yet.
Subashini Surendran
When Sophy finds the little lost dragon, she knows he is in danger. It will take all her courage to keep the dragon safe, and a little bit of magic too. But what if there are other creatures in danger? It looks like Sophy's going to need some friends to help her with her secret rescues.
Chauntelle
Great kids book, the little girl I work with, LOVED it
Rebekah Keiser
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books-2019
My daughter loved this book. The main character is Sophy, same as my daughter, which is loved. An amber eyed baby storm dragon who can talk thrilled her.
Lisa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute and adorable Children's read, with adventure and sweet friendship. Kids love it!
Matthew Becker
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Choppy but the kids loved it
Erika
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darling story with great illustrations! Sophy and Cloudy are dear! Looking forward to reading more in this series!
Elgyn
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
s. 9 vyskočil pihovatý hluk
Helen
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophy is a maid at the Royal castle in a magical kingdom. When a small dragon crash-lands in the orchard, not only can she understand it, but she knows she must return it to its family. A bad-hearted noble, Sir Fitzroy, wants to destroy all magical creatures in the kingdom and will stop at nothing to do so. Sophy must keep the little creature safe from him and his band of men.

Although I read a lot of junior fiction as part of my job at the library - and for pleasure too - I don't oft
Katie
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: younger-fiction
Sophy is a maid at a Castle in the Kingdom of Arramia, which has lots of magical animals including storm dragons. A baby one, Cloudy, tries flying on his own but crash lands in the Castle. Sophy saves it.

Another series for girls that have finished with Daisy Meadows.

A few pictures but not enough to scaffold the story.
Debbie
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-erin-2016
Erin read this book mostly aloud to us, although her dad and I did read a few pages to her. She loved the dragon and the main character, Sophy, and she will definitely like to read more books in the series.
Engel Dreizehn
ARC...its cute and warm illustrations. If I was a kid learning to read again I prob would have loved it!
Michelle
Feb 26, 2018
Amy
Jun 04, 2018
gottifredi francesca m.
rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2018
Alica Thomas
May 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• If You Take a Mouse to School
  • The Princess in Black (The Princess in Black, #1)
  • Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #2)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • The Unicorn Quest (The Unicorn Quest #1)
  • Sharks! Ghost Armies! Secret Agents!: World War II
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Painting (Greetings from Somewhere #3)
  • The Mystery of the Mosaic (Greetings from Somewhere #2)
  • The Founding Fathers Were Spies!: Revolutionary War
  • Heroes Who Risked Everything for Freedom: Civil War
  • Amelia Bedelia Road Trip! (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books, #3)
  • Where Is the Serengeti?
  • Fearless Flyers, Dazzle Painters, and Code Talkers!: World War I
  • The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (The Princess in Black, #3)
  • Contraband (Stone Barrington #50)
  • Where Is Area 51?
  • Put Your Eyes Up Here: And Other School Poems
  • Mo Willems

The Secret Rescuers (6 books)
  • The Sky Unicorn (The Secret Rescuers #2)
  • The Baby Firebird (The Secret Rescuers #3)
  • The Magic Fox (The Secret Rescuers #4)
  • The Star Wolf (The Secret Rescuers, #5)
  • The Sea Pony (The Secret Rescuers, #6)