Start by marking “Fallen Light” as Want to Read:
Fallen Light

Fallen Light

There are many legends in the Empire: the Chainless, the Regenerate, the Barbarians. The Lady. The Raven. The Whispering One.

They’re all coming for Mordinion.
Published May 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Light

Darren
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e-book from the authors website. It is my first book by this author. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I like the variety of characters in it. I hope to read more books by this author.
Naticia
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I liked the ending, but the first 3/4 of the book was a bit of a slog. The characters all felt like wooden cut outs, and character growth happened incredibly slowly and only after a lot of repetition. No one felt like a real person, or expressed any kind of feeling or emotion, which made me dislike all of them, when I felt anything at all for these fake characters.

I might try something else by the author, but if it starts the way this one did, there's no way I'm going to make it past the first
Valicity Garris
Another lovely fantasy novel. I have read works by this author before so I knew what style of writing to expect when I agreed to provide a review. That being said, Sorensen’s style has not changed much since the last book I read but this story is definitely original and set apart from his other work.

Fallen Light feels old fashioned since it is definitely a sword and magic type of story. Even the narration feels like it’s from a different time period and it worked very well with the setting and
Tony Lavely
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mordinion's Long Struggle

Fallen Light is a sword and magic tale which chronicles Mordinion’s sojourn and travails as he travels physically across the Dominion, and emotionally and intellectually as he becomes a Watcher and learns of life and death. His commitment to his goal costs him dear; he loses loves, and friend after friend, but continually strives toward his goal.

The swords and magic are both key to the story, but they are not the story. The story is Mordinion’s li
Andrea Stoeckel
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
[ I received this book free from the author requesting an honest review . I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising]

"Do you like my sword? I am informed that weapons such as these are the second best method of destroying mortals.” “And the best way?” “Giving them what they want
Bri
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has been hard for me to review. Not because it's not good, it totally is. But because the style of the writing isn't on my preference list.

We follow the adventure of Mor, right before the birthday symbolizing his manhoods beginning. He is an intricately written character with layers unpon layers. However Benjamin does a good job of showing them all to you.

I personally may not prefer this style of storytelling, but the story itself is fantastic. There are risings
Tiffany
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author, requesting an honest review in return. All opinions expressed below are mine alone.

Without giving away anything important, the story follows Mordinion as he becomes a man and figures out what to do with his life. Along the way he gains and loses love and friendship, experiences betrayal and “saves” the world.

As a protagonist, Mordinion is well written and intricate. While there is never any doubt as to whom the true hero of the n
Katie Rogers
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fallen Light is about Mordinion's journey and choices along the way, starting with the Watcher's.It starts him, not only on his chosen path, but a journey and adventure he could have never saw coming. He makes choices and friends that will make or break him.
Along the way we meet a few more interesting character's and allies, as Mordinion would refer to them, that make the story more interesting and believable. They bring laughs and heartache, and some even "balance" each other out.
Through
Brian
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book. Enjoyed the story from beginning to end. Sometimes it was difficult to follow the conversations but I'm not always the quickest study. There are some grammatical errors throughout but it's to be expected and they do not take away from the purpose of this story which was to entertain those that read it. There was a little bit of everything you coil hope for a story, battles, laughter, tears, love and hatred. But none was over done. I recommend this book to any that enjoy a good advent ...more
Heidi
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I got Fallen Light, I had a hard time putting the book down. It grabs you and sucks you into the world of the Dominion fully. You follow Mordinion as he becomes a man, and leaves home to find his purpose in life. There is love, loss, betrayal, and twists and turns a plenty.

I loved the book, and definitely recommend that anyone who loves fantasy read this. I would give it 6 stars if I could. One of my favorite books to date.
Victoria Limbert
A very detailed and in depth epic fantasy set in a world of magical beings, forests of hair and cities of crystal. Fallen light is about a young man named Mordinion who finds no regular trade within his small hometown calls to him. He finds his interest piqued when a stranger enters his town who is one of the Watch, those who protect the land from Barbarians outside the borders.

Mordinion goes with the stranger to take the tests that will lead to him becoming one of the Watchers. He proves to be
Jun 21, 2016