Jump to ratings and reviews
Cody’s the sexy drummer extraordinaire of the hard rock band Oblivion.

Kitty’s the little sister of one of Cody’s band mates and she’s had a secret crush on him for years.

When the band are back home for a few days, the chemistry between them is both unexpected and undeniably off-the-charts.

She quickly realizes that the prospect of having what she’s always fantasized about is a very real possibility.

He quickly realizes that although he feels this mind-blowing attraction towards her, she’s the little sister of one of his band mates - he would get his ass kicked from here to hell if he ever laid a finger on her!

But can Kitty convince him? After all, no one else needs to know, a one-time hook-up might suit both of them…or could it ruin everything?

Warning: This story contains hot rock stars, sizzling sexual encounters and language that you would expect from heavy rock musicians used to a life of sex, booze and rock and roll. Pure Torture contains graphic sex scenes and is strictly 18+ only.

This novel is Book 3 in the 'Oblivion On Tour' series. Each book in the series follows a different band member and tells the story of the women that steal their hearts. Pure Torture can be read as a stand-alone but you might also want to check out Heaven Sent (Book 1) and Bolt From The Blue (Book 2).

214 pages, Kindle Edition

4 books295 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
858 reviews423 followers
July 24, 2016
3,5 STARS

description

Hmm, where to start with this story. There were parts that I really enjoyed, like how Cody and Kitty learned to be with each other and how their relationship progressed, especially at that tragic time that hit the whole group pretty hard. But unfortunatelly there were also parts that I didn't like, like not at all. I despise any drug abuse and the way groupies are steriotyped. I don't care if the character is not actually using drugs or they simply are in the room where those dang drugs are, I just don't care about that. I only care that the reader knows there are present and being used by some individual in that story. I feel really unconfortable reading about that, since we all know that young readers read books like this one and therefore it's not cool or alright to expose them to that. That's my personal opinion but you may have your own that varies from mine. That being said, I have many mixed feelings about the story.

I didn't read the previous two books in this series but I didn't feel like I had to do that in order to understand this story. We get to see all the charcters in previous books and I really got to like them. They are fun and each personality brings something new to the whole picture. I especially loved Kitty's dad and I felt for him and Kitty's family when tragedy hit their lives.

I also liked Kitty's character. She was fun and smart and didn't let others bring her down. She knew her worth, what she wanted and she went for it. Also, she was someone you could really rely on. Just a girl with a big heart. Hers and Cody's chamistry was off the charts, they were like fireworks but fireworks made from dynamite. Sure hot, super explosive and at times, super dangerous.

description

And as for Cody, at first I really didn't like him but then he started to grown on me. He really cared about Kitty and I loved that he fought for what he thought was right for them. BUT that one stunt, on Christmas, man, all that good just washed away. I mean seriously, you'd have to be brain dead or one serious asshole to pull that off. You don't bring a groupie/self proclaimed girlfriend to Kitty's family dinner and then say she means nothing to you and she just tagged along. Like, SERIOUSLY!!! WTF! And it's the first Christmas after that tragedy. What an idiot...

description

So, as already said, that's why I have so many mixed feelings about this story. It's a good book but those stunts...just unnecessary and not welcome. The epilogue is why I gave this story the exctra half star, since it was really cute and just what the story needed. A nice closure that leaves room for the next story.

description

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Doris.
2,220 reviews81 followers
July 23, 2016
This is a 5 star plus book and the extra plus is for the intense emotional ride you will have reading this fantastic rock romance read. Pure Torture is now one of my top reads not only for the rock romance genre but in general. Ms. Sparks has just put me through moments of extreme lust and extreme torture so the title is more than fitting.

Cody is the drummer for the rock band Oblivion and like the rest of the guys from the band he has lived the true rock star life so while on a short break the boys head back home to Oklahoma to see family and relax for a few days before they start up touring again. It’s been awhile and since some things seem to never change Cody is about to see something or someone who has changed beyond his imagination. (And we all can guess where that imagination can go for a rock star!) The guitarist for Oblivion, Nikki, has a family which happens to be the nucleus family for all the boys because that is where they grew up practicing their music and Nikki’s mom and dad were mom and dad to all the guys. So when little sis, Kitty, was around they all treated her like a little sister too. “Brothers” or not Kitty had always had a crush on Cody and he had been her fantasy since she first began noticing boys.

Well, well, well…little sister sure has grown up since the last time the boys were home and no one notices it more than Cody. As soon as she follows Nikki into the room after all that time little Kitty is now Kitty the sexiest most beautiful woman Cody has ever seen. As for Kitty that crush she has always had on Cody only has gotten stronger and she would like nothing more than to have a one nighter with him because even she realizes that rock stars never settle down with one girl for very long when they have groupies constantly there to take care of their every desire. That pull may be more than either of them can deal with and God knows that Nikki would kill Cody for laying a hand on his sister. But Kitty is not making it easy for Cody to resist her and he finally breaks and they have the wildest, most electrifying connection that two people could have. But they know that it just is lust and nothing more than that is attracting them…right? So this is the part that I mentioned before about “extreme lust” and boy is it some hot stuff. These two make their wildest sexual fantasies come true. It is so good that Kitty follows Cody out on tour during her break from college. They both haven’t figured it out yet that it isn’t just the sex anymore they have had their souls connect on another level neither was looking for. But all that comes crashing down when Nikki gets a phone call from home and the boys leave the tour to go back to Oklahoma for an emergency.

Now for the extreme torture part…Kitty has to decide where she is needed and how to keep this thing with Cody going. There is no way that she will be able to do what she wants to do when she believes that she is needed elsewhere. What was so devastating that brought everyone back to Oklahoma and will Kitty be able to keep Cody if she doesn’t go back out on tour with him? Do long distance relationships work when your brother is there to witness everything that may happen when the band is back on tour? Will Kitty and Cody ever realize that what they have/had was something that was felt down to their very souls?

Believe me you will have a time when your mouth drops open because you were thinking “oh, this is looking so good again and your heart is soaring” to “what the hell is this all about” and you feel your heart break right along with Kitty’s. Ms. Sparks has you laughing out loud at times to having that box of Kleenexes around because tears are coming down your face. Yes, it is intense as I said but oh so worth the emotional roller coaster that you are put on! This is one band that I can’t get enough of and can’t wait to see what Ms. Sparks has in store for me next.

This book was provided as an ARC from the author for an honest review.
Profile Image for JoAnna G.
677 reviews8 followers
Heat Level: 4.5 flames out of 5
Rating: 4.5stars out of 5
Blurb:

Cody’s the sexy drummer extraordinaire of the hard rock band Oblivion.

Review:This was intense emotional book. There is tragedy and WTF moments. Like WTF was he thinking doing that and did he really just do that and think it was ok? Kitty has always had a crush on him. He thought of her a s the little sister, but when he sees her for the first time in a while, everything changes. I also really liked him until he had the worst dumb moment ever.

This book was good. There are a lot of drug references. At roughly 55% of the book I couldn’t believe what happened. I was shocked and blind-sighted, it was heartbreaking I had tears welling in my eyes. I was at work. That was not good. I blamed allergies when my co-worker walked in.

Kitty is a strong young woman and dealing with a lot of things going on. At about 82% or so I was just done and over Cody. All the love and like I had for him was gone. Simply vanished. Drama that didn’t have to be there. Yes I know books need drama, though this wasn’t needed. This is that WTF moment that you can never take back. I was appalled by it.

Now other than that I really loved this book. The chemistry between the two was palpable. Some spontaneous combustion. I would recommend this book.

This is book 3 in The OBlivion on Tour series. I have not read the second book and I was still able to follow along perfectly.

Review Copy of Pure Torture provided by the Tania Sparks/Self for an honest Review.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.8k reviews128 followers
July 29, 2016
Cody is the drummer of the world famous rock band Oblivion. He's enjoyed all of the perks of living the rockers life, and hasn't come close to settling down. When the band finally has a break after a long tour, they head to Oklahoma to chill out with family. Kitty is the little sister to Nikki, the guitarist, and has had a crush on Cody since she knew what a crush was. It killed her that he never noticed her because of her age, but he's in shock when he sees that she's all grown up now. Not only that, he feels a strong connection to her that he cannot act on, as she is his friends little sister, so he's determined to stay away. Kitty isn't having it though and makes sure he can't ignore her, and finally convinces him to hook up. But once isn't nearly enough, so Kitty decides to go on tour with them. All of the time they spend together has feelings growing quickly. But when Kitty has to suddenly go home, will their new feelings survive the separation?

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this series, and it seems like I have been waiting FOREVER for this book to come out. Even though the wait almost killed me, I must say, it was worth it, as the author showed new levels of awesome, if possible, with Cody's story. The character development is fantastic, and with the other guys as the cast of secondaries, it's perfect. It was also awesome to see what they were up to now. Flammable chemistry EXPLODED into panty destroying sexy scene goodness that had me sweating profusely. Tania Spark's brilliant writing style had all of my dramatic girly girl emotions flying all around, and with some diabolical OMG moments that almost brought me to me knees, I found myself calling her mean names with tears streaming down my face. She never fails to transport me fully into the story, so the angst feels like it's happening to me personally. It's given her a one way ticket to the list of authors trying to kill me dead, and even though f-bombs drop everywhere while reading her amazing writing, I will never stop impatiently waiting for the next book to come out. Do yourself a solid, and check out Oblivion on Tour because I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL!
Profile Image for Lustful Literature.
1,822 reviews324 followers

Debbie's Reveiw 4.5 STARS

This is the third book in this series and boy oh boy was it a fantastic read.

For starters the chemistry and banter between the two main characters Kitty and Cody was off the charts hot but it was also funny as hell. I loved that he was trying to play hard to get and Kitty was all no holding back and was going to do whatever she needed to do to spend one night with the hot drummer.

“Nikki scowls at him. “She ‘s my goddamned little sister Sticks. I don’t want her to look sexy. So keep your opinions to yourself…and your fucking hands for that matter. Don’t think I didn’t see that dickhead.”

The book sucked me in from the very first chapter and had me glued until the very end. All the relationships between all the characters in this book are totally believable. Not only are some parts hot as hell but also this book had me all over the place; crying one minute and laughing the next. Both main characters are very likable and Cody did a few things that pissed me off. At one point I wanted to crawl into my kindle and junk punch him, but the majority of the book I really did like him. The plot as well as all the secondary characters kept this book extremely interesting. It just flowed beautifully and at the perfect pace. I never felt like skimming ahead. I hate when books are filled will fillers and useless crap that no one really cares about and this one most certainly was not.

“I’m sitting in a dark movie theatre with a rock star that seems to have no idea of what appropriate behavior in a public place is. And even worse he has absolutely no shame at all.”

I loved that is was in both Kitty’s and Cody’s point of view. I liked being able to know exactly what they were thinking. I am a huge fan of first person so was extremely happy this book was told that way. If you love rock star romance books you seriously need to give this series a shot. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Profile Image for Renee at Book Happiness.
1,485 reviews38 followers
August 6, 2016
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say I really enjoyed this rocker book and I was truly sad to find out that this was the third in the series so of course I have to back and discover the rest of the series..

I just loved Kitty and Cody's story.. I am huge sucker for brothers best friend books and this one was absolutely GREAT!!! I found myself pulled right into this story and this wonderful emotional roller coaster that this author takes us on...

I love finding new authors (to me) I can not wait to read more from this author and this series!!!
Profile Image for Maddy Matos.
733 reviews6 followers
July 19, 2020
I totally and absolutely loved this book, it was hot AF. Cody was the drummer of the band and he was as sweet as candy. He was angry and sad because his parents didn’t give a crap about him and he’s sitting there sulking when in walks in the girl of his wet dreams. He drops his drum sticks and stands there staring with his mouth open, she’s greeting the other guys in the room and he’s heard that voice before. When he realizes it’s Kitty, Nikki the lead guitarist little sister, and she’s all grown up now! This story is hot, sweet and just romantic. I don’t say that about a lot of books or give them five stars easily but this book just made me happy. The author said there are two more books to this group of guys and I’m patiently waiting for them. I recommend this book highly.
29 reviews
July 4, 2018
Wonderful story

I have read everything available in this series. The Oblivion guys are all really great and real. You have given them all a heart and the love to go with it. Pure torture was my favorite so far. I can actually imagine getting to spend your whole life with your childhood crush. You brought the book together perfectly. I can't wait to see what in store for Scott and Hanson. I'm politely waiting for the next book. Thank you so much for this one.👍
Profile Image for Michelle Austin.
2,603 reviews30 followers
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Review:
description

Pure Torture was a great 5 star read.

This is Cody and Kitty’s story.
Cody is the drummer for Oblivion and Kitty is Nikki's little sister. Nikki is the singer of the band and is very protective of his sister.

When Cody see’s Kitty again for the first time in a year he is instantly attracted to her. Kitty has always had a crush on Cody and sets her sights on getting him in bed. I have to say some of the things Kitty pulls on Cody was hilarious but it worked.

They start sleeping with each other and continue to hide it from Nikki. When Kitty finds out she gets to go on tour with the band she lets her excitement get the best of her. Let’s just say Nikki finds out the truth and goes after Cody.

The story really heats up while Kitty’s on tour with the band. Then they get a heart wrenching call that brings them all back home. I had a few ugly cry moments. Things change for Kitty and Cody. Will they be able to make a long distance relationship work?

This is a great read. There are a few moments that shocked me and the letter by mom sent me over the edge. I love all the band members and their girlfriends. They all added a great element to the story. This is my first read in the series, I would say that Pure Torture can be read as a stand alone, although I plan to go back and get caught up. We do get to see a HEA with the chance of maybe seeing more from these two (she asks with fingers crossed). I look forward to the next book in the series. Thank you Tania Sparks for a great read.

Oblivion on Tour: #1 Heaven Sent. #2 Bolt from the Blue, #3 Pure Torture

Alpha Book Club
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by MAustin from Alpha Book Club
Profile Image for Jody.
1,979 reviews43 followers
August 3, 2016
As a reader who voraciously consumes rock star-themed romances I've found the Oblivion on Tour series to be an entertaining and emotionally engaging addition to the genre. With this third installment it's drummer Cody who steps into the spotlight with his forbidden connection to his bandmates's little sister. Theirs is a connection teeming with sexual tension from years of her trying to gain his attention and here it's finally given the attention it deserves in a combustible joining that's emotional and sprinkled with heartbreaking and frustrating moments.

Cody's the quintessential rock star in his views of the rocker lifestyle and his enjoyment of all the decadent delights offered to him. He's enjoyed many women over the years but the moment Kitty walks through the door they all fade from memory. Though he struggles with the forbidden fruit that is Kitty, he can't deny their combustible connection. It's ultimately endearing seeing him drawn to her so entirely and throughout their time together readers discover a softer and sweeter side to him. He shows a romantic and caring side to his usual jaded persona that drew me to him but left me angry over a choice he made late in the story that left his and Kitty's HEA in doubt. It's a choice that disappointed me yet added to the emotional ups and downs of this story and made it a more engaging story overall. Despite that I enjoyed his pairing with Kitty and the joy and heartbreak of their burgeoning relationship as it fully immersed me in the overall story.

Kitty has grown up to be a beautiful woman after years of being seen just as Nikki's little sister. She's always felt an attraction to Cody, but it's not until an unforgettable meeting puts them on equal footing, and thinking of the fires they could ignite, when things change. A one-night stand soon leads to more but when tragedy strikes their path to HEA becomes shadowed. Questions of keeping a long-distance love alive soon permeate the story as does Kitty's choice in where her life will lead her. Kitty's a strong-willed woman who knows what she wants and goes after it. That's not to say she doesn't make mistakes in her handling of their long-distance relationship. Flashes of immaturity and doubts have her bruising the tenuous connection she's made with Cody. Most importantly she's also a loyal and loving daughter, whose family is important to every member of the band, and its all these conflicts that keep readers on the edge of their seats with kleenex at hand.

This is an emotionally intense story with a few unexpected twists and turns that will leave readers screaming as well as crying. It's an engaging tale though too, full of scorching encounters and sexy banter between Kitty and Cody. Along with this memorable main couple comes an equally engaging cast of secondary characters who vividly depict the gritty and sexualized rocker lifestyle. It's a lifestyle teeming with groupies and drugs that leads to temptation and puts Kitty and Cody's HEA in doubt. Once the final page is turned though readers will feel exhausted but satisfied, despite a few flaws, counting down the days until the next installment in this steamy and angsty series!
Profile Image for Dawn West.
538 reviews41 followers
August 2, 2016
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

Mmm... Yes.

So, I have a bit of an obsession with music. All genres, really, but rock in particular. I own a guitar, bass, and at one time even had a set of drums. And while I tried to make my own music for a while, I realized I'm a better listener than player. However, I still have a soft spot in my heart for musicians, having dated a couple in the past and Warped Tour 2004 is one of my fond memories. And believe it or not, this was the first rock star book I've ever read!

Pure Torture was a quick read for me. Cody is a hot drummer with a wild streak. He blows through women like a rocket, with no plans to settle down. I could tell right away that this was going to be a steamy read. And boy was I right...

Then in comes Kitty, our bandmate's little sister who is "all grown up" and harboring a huge, long-time crush on Cody. When the two spot each other, the sparks are instant. And so is the temptation. But Cody realizes that Kitty is off limits and he tries his very best to avoid her flirty advances. For a while.

But the majority of the story deals with after the couple comes together and their struggles to find a sense of normalcy in such a strenuous situation. Long-distance, groupies, insecurities, and grief, eat away at Cody and Kitty's relationship.

My only real qualm with this story is Kitty's immaturity. It really shines through when she decides to lie to Cody. I won't go into further detail about it, but I lost a bit of respect for her, at that point. Sure, long distance relationships are hard for both parties. Having spent a considerable amount of time in a long-distance type of relationship, myself, I had a hard time pitying her. But that was due to my own life experience. I eventually forgave Kitty. Even fictional characters are allowed to be idiots and make mistakes. :)

In closing...
This book definitely turned me on to the rest of the series. I will go back and read the first two books and look out for the next ones, too. Four suns and rock on!

Full review on blog: http://uptildawnbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/review-tour-pure-torture-by-tania-sparks.html
Profile Image for Bloggers From Down Under .
797 reviews42 followers
Meet Cody.
The drummer for the world renowned Oblivion.
He loves his band.
He loves his band-mates.
They are family to him.
Relationships….Never.
He’s the playboy, show them a good time, then see ya.
It’s just who he is.
Until he sees her.
Cody hasn’t seen her for a year.
He can’t believe his eyes.
She’s stunning, beautiful, a woman.
His last memory of her…..His band-mates kid sister.
But not anymore.
She’s every bit woman, and Cody wants her.

Meet Kitty.
She’s young, vibrant, beautiful.
She loves her life.
Still at college, she’s been looking forward to the break to see not only her brother, but the guys from Oblivion.
It’s been a year.
Secretly she’s had a crush on Cody, the drummer.
She has for years.
But once she sees him, she knows she needs to have him, to claim him, to be his.

But will Cody and Kitty get their chance?
What will Kittys brother do when he finds out?
Will it be the end of Oblivion?
Or will this be the start of something new, beautiful?
Could this be the relationship they both desperately want?
Or could they ultimately ruin each other?

Guys…..We are so not giving anything else up because you are just going to have to read it to find out.

We loved this instalment of the Oblivion on Tour series. We were taken on a sinfully delicious, heartbreaking journey. We laughed at the craziness of both Cody, Kitty and the band. Our hearts broke at the loss they felt. We held our breath hoping and praying for them to be together.
We fell in love with Cody and his humour, strength and vulnerability.
We fell in love with Kitty and her determination, her sass and personality.
Put these two together, you have one amazingly explosive read.

We recommend this novel to be placed on everyone’s TBR list…..You won’t be disappointed.

For us a 5 star read.
Profile Image for Naomi Connor.
359 reviews4 followers
August 3, 2016
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

I dont even know where to start, this book was an emotional roller coaster for all involved. I was hooked from beginning to end and was left with a nasty book hangover. The passion jumped from the pages and I was rooting for this couple from the beginning. If you like sex, rock stars, forbidden love, kink and drama this book id definitely for you

After a long time on the road rock band Oblivion finally get to have a much needed rest and head home to spend time with their family and friends.
Drummer Cody has been living the high life and is never short of a lady to keep him company. He definitely has no plans to settle down any time soon, however his life is about to change drastically when Kitty walks back into it.

Kitty is Nikki's little sister and he just happens to be the guitarist of Oblivion. She has also had a crush on Cody for years, but he has never gave her a second glance, she has always just been the little sister and that was a hard pill to swallow.

With Kitty's feelings still very much the same as they always have been, Cody is drawn to the beauty before him. Their chemistry and sexual tension is very apparent but he cant act on it, she is his best friends little sister so he must stay away.

Unable to ignore their desire any longer and Kitty refusing to take no for an answer, this couple find themselves spending the night together...but one night will never be enough. Their feelings are both deep and strong and they want to see where this could lead but just when things start life throws a spanner in the works and this couple are put to the test.

Will this couple get their HEA?
Will Nikki put his foot down?
Can u ever really have a relationship with a rockstar?
Profile Image for Carla.
989 reviews3 followers
July 22, 2016
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Book Enthusiast Promotions.

**Carla's Four Star Review**

Pure Torture is the third book in the Oblivion on Tour series, and it can be read as a standalone.

Cody is the sexy and eccentric drummer for the wildly popular band known as Oblivion. He is your typical rock star who enjoys all the groupies that come along with his lifestyle. He has never even thought of settling down until the day that Kitty walks back into his life and turns it upside down.

Kitty has always been known as Nikki's little sister. For as long as she can remember, she has crushed on Cody, but he has never seen seen her as anything more than a little girl. That all changes when she shows up after a two year absence. It is obvious to everyone, especially Cody, that she has grown into a drop dead gorgeous, sexy woman. Cody is instantly attracted to Kitty, and I swear the sexual tension that exists between them is so thick you could easily cut through it with a knife! Out of respect for Nikki and the rest of his band mates, Cody does his best to stay away from Kitty, but she is just too impossible to resist. As they spend more time together, their relationship evolves from lust into something more. Things are great until real life gets in the way.

This is my first time reading anything by Tania Sparks, but it certainly won't be my last! I am already planning to ready the other books in this series asap! I love all the guys from Oblivion, and I hope that they all find love and happiness! If you are like me and llove a good rock star read, this is a book/series that you are sure to enjoy!
Profile Image for Diana.
319 reviews32 followers
August 4, 2016
I love reading rock star stories as I have always loved rock music and have been intrigued by their lives. This story Pure Torture (Oblivion on Tour #3) is the first one I have read from Tania Sparks. I felt it was an awesome story and seemed like it could actually be true. Kitty is the younger sister of one of Cody’s band mates. She has had a crush on Cody forever. I am sure it is easy to get a crush on older brother’s friends. Well, Cody is your typical rock star, sleeps with a different woman ever night. Fantastic musician with an awesome band that has been together since they were young. The band is back home for break in Oklahoma and in walks Kitty all decked out and grown up. The band is staying at the Penthouse of a local hotel. Kitty stopped by to see everyone. There is a spark between Cody and Kitty, Cody wants to fight it, doesn’t want to cause any problems with his band mate Nikki, Kitty’s older brother. Kitty wants to get Cody out of her system.
The title fits perfectly. I really loved reading this story. There is some issue with dialect, I did notice that there were a quite a few sentences where I had to reread to figure out what was going on. It just didn’t feel like they were from Oklahoma. The dialect was off. Now if I just ignore that part of the book, everything was great, steamy and who wouldn’t want to be with a rock star when they were young?
I also loved how the story turned out. I am planning on reading the other books in this series because I did love the characters and they were a lot of fun to read about.
I did receive this ARC from Book Enthusiastic for an honest review.
Profile Image for Renee.
3,352 reviews35 followers
August 2, 2016
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Pure Torture is the third book in the Oblivion On Tour Series by Tania Sparks. Each book can be read as a standalone.

Cody is the drummer for the band Oblivion. From the second he sees his bandmate and best friends sister Kitty again after a year, he knows he wants her. Kitty had had a crush on Cody for years. The attraction between them is electric and undeniable. Can Kitty convince Cody her brother has to never know if they share one night tougher? Will one night be enough?

I really enjoyed this book. All the Guys in the band Oblivion seem like amazing characters. I really liked Kitty and Cory together. There is so much sexual tension between those two you can literally feel it. Cody is your typical rockstar. He's got no idea of ever settling down, parents that's he's not really close to, and groupies around every corner. Kitty is a fun loving college girl who's the sister of Nikki and has had a crush on Cody for so long everyone knows about it. One night is all she thinks she wants with no one ever knowing. It was fun to watch these two navigate waters they never intended to with each other. It's a book full of passion, heat, love and laughter.

This was my first time reading any book by Tania Sparks. It won't be my last though as I am very curios about the other guys stories and hope to read them as soon as I can.
91 reviews3 followers
August 1, 2016
I received a gifted copy in exchange for a honest review.

If you love a slice of a hard rocker with a side of a sassy female, you will definitely love Pure Torture. Meet the main characters of Tania's newest novel, Cody and Kitty. Kitty is the sister of guitarist, Nikki. Cody is the drummer also known as Sticks. Pure Torture will get your heart thumping to the beat of the music and your fingers itching to get to the next page.

The story line is quite entertaining. The main plot conflict is how two people can make a relationship work when distance is in issue, and a brother can divide them. Watching the ebb and flow of a relationship brought back the reminiscing of the days of a new romance.

The characters are well developed. I would say the most complex character was Cody. He had commitment issues, family issues, and issues over other issues. Even with all of this he was a great guy with a soft heart.

Kitty is the artist of the group. She is trying to find out what she wants to do with her life as she finishes school. She loves the band as if they were family. The trials she endures will either make her or break her.

I recommend this series for lovers of musicians. I have decided I will go back and read the other books in the series. I think it will make a richer experience seeing how the other characters came to play out in the series.

Happy reading!!!
Profile Image for Behind Closed Doors Book Review.
1,243 reviews138 followers
August 5, 2016
Amount of sex - 4.5 / 5
How explicit - 4.5 / 5
Romance - 4 / 5
Overall: - 4.5 / 5
Pure Torture is the third book in the ‘Oblivion on Tour’ series by Tania Sparks. I read the first book, but not the second in the series. I was able to understand and follow this story without much of a problem. I do think reading both books before Pure Torture would have helped me fully appreciate the story, as both characters appear.

Cody is the drummer for the band Oblivion and a well-known player… not sleeping with a groupie more than once. Kitty is a fellow bandmate’s little sister and has visited her brother and the band many times. Kitty has had a crush on Cody, but he unfortunately only thinks of her as a sister…until now. She walks into the room after being away for one year and Cody is totally floored. Cody tries to resist at first, but soon realizes his desire for her is serious.

Pure Torture is a very steamy, hot book with lots of drama. The book took my emotions on a roller coaster ride and I definitely needed tissues at one part. I had a hard time putting it down as I enjoyed it very much. I totally recommend this series to those who enjoy a hot spicy story. **ARC was received in exchange for an honest review**
787 reviews6 followers
August 4, 2016
Holy hot rock star! I loved this story from the very beginning! Cody and Kitty are perfect for each other, but both have some obstacles to overcome before they could be together....the biggest obstacle being the fact that Kitty is the baby sister of one of Cody's bandmates and close friend. The way this is written you will feel the sparks between this couple as they work through their relationship and you will feel the heat! There is one part of the story that was so very unexpected and will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen. I loved this story and I thought all of the guys were sweet with just enough of the alpha thrown in to make them winners!
Profile Image for Nicole.
3,332 reviews42 followers
August 5, 2016
3.5 Stars
I was drawn to this one because it has one of my favorite troupes friend's little sister. I thought it was a good book, but it lost me a little here and there. Cody and Kitty have a lot of history together and Kitty's had a crush on Cody for forever. When these two get together it is smokin' hot. I guess for me I couldn't feel the connection between the two at first I believe that's where is struggled for me a little. The story itself grabbed me and pulled at my emotions. There is one truly heartbreakingly sad part in the this book that was hard for me to read through. I had the tears flowing.
Profile Image for Shanon.
178 reviews
August 1, 2016
DNF at 24%. No plot. Just she had a crush on him always, he finally notices her and then she pushes for more. That's it. No character development, nothing else going on in the story even with secondary characters. Nothing.
Profile Image for Kassiah.
798 reviews85 followers
December 13, 2016
2-1/2 stars.

I haven't read the other books in this series, but that didn't make me feel lost at all. I love rockstar romances and when I saw this was also a falling for the best friend's little sister trope, I knew I had to check it out.

Cody's band is on break, so they head back home, where he sees Kitty, his guitarist's little sister. They all grew up together, but Cody has always seen Kitty as his little sister. Of course, Kitty has always had feelings for Cody, but he's never noticed. He definitely takes notice now. Their attraction is undeniable, so they give into the passion, thinking it's only for one night. One night isn't going to be enough for either of them, so Kitty goes out on tour with Cody. Will they be able to last when they get tragic news that pulls on Kitty to go back home?

I liked Kitty, though her name drove me absolutely bonkers. I just keep thinking about Clipped Wings, and though that might have been what Sparks was going for here, it didn't work for me because this does not compare to that fic at all. Anyway, she stood up for herself, and I admired her for that. I loved how she felt about Cody, and loved their interactions. They had smoking hot chemistry, and I don't know how everyone didn't know all along.

As far as Cody goes...I don't even know what to say. Yes, he was hot. Yes, he had sweet, swoony moments. Yes, he loved Kitty. But damn! He does something that's so dumb, I wanted Kitty to run away from him and never look back. There's a lot of drama in this one, and the story is fast-paced for sure.

With hot scenes and a couple with a history, Pure Torture is a predictable rockstar romance, sure, but it's a fun way to spend a day.

For more reviews and bookish talk, visit our blog at Pretty Sassy Cool
Pretty Sassy Cool Book Reviews and More
Profile Image for Irene.
734 reviews
July 23, 2016
Pure Torture is the 3rd book in the Oblivion on Tour series. You can read it as a standalone. You do see characters from the other books. If you haven't read book 1 & 2, I would. This way you know their background story.

I am rating this 3.5 stars. I liked it, it was OK for me. My husband he picks on me for the type of books I read. He said I read porn. I wasn't even half way through and I had to agree with him, with this book. The first couple of chapters was nothing but sex it seemed.

Once Cody finally ignored thoughts about how bad of an idea it was to hook up with Kitty, it seemed like all they did was have sex.

Kitty knew Cody for years, she had a crush on him. Being that he was older and a man whore she didn't press the issue. When her brother Nikki was home from tour for a couple of days Kitty went to visit the band. Poor Cody didn't even know who she was when she walked in the room. Once it hit him, he knew he couldn't be with her for the simple fact that she was Nikki's sister.

However Kitty had other plans. She broke through that touch skin that Cody had. With her teasing and what not it was on.

Finally about a little over half way through the book their story came about. I wish it was a little more in the beginning. Yes they knew each other for years, yes Cody was and is older. Yes Kitty had a crush. I wanted more though. I wanted to see them out in the world together. Yes they went on a couple of dates but dang it, I wanted more. It would of been nice to see how Kitty reacted when a woman came up to Cody because they were together beforehand. Or a guy come up to Kitty and see how Cody reacted.

Once their story came about, it was like a sick love story. Long distance relationships can work. When doubt is there in the back of your mind of course it isn't going to work. Kitty had the right to be worried, but she should've had a little more faith in Cody when it came to that part.
Felt rushed a little bit as well.

All in all it was an OK book for me.
Profile Image for Kristen Johnson.
1,167 reviews50 followers
August 3, 2016
Pure Torture is my first Tania Sparks book, but I've already gone and purchased the previous books in this series to dig into. Though this is book three in the series, I didn't have a problem following along with the story, so I'd say it can definitely be read a standalone.

One of my favorite tropes is Brother's best friend - so obviously the set up for this book worked for me from the start, even though its a smidge different. Another winning point this book had going for it from the synopsis alone was Rockstar! Who doesn't love a good Rockstar romance?

Our cast of characters include Cody, the drummer of the band, and Kitty, little sister to the guitarist. Kitty's had a serious crush on Cody for a while and when the come around together, the chemistry explodes between them, Kitty feels like maybe they stand a chance. Cody, who feels a familial closeness to his band and its members doesn't want to cause any problems, so he tries to stay away from Kitty, denying his feelings.

This story is full of drama, angst and all the rest that entail a rockstar book, the groupies, the partying, drugs and all the rest. There were moments in the book, where I wanted to smack some sense into the characters, and moments where I wanted to give them a hug and maybe share a cry or two. The push and pull struggle between Cody and Kitty felt sort of overdone, but also was believable.

I really enjoyed getting to know not just Cody and Kitty, but the rest of the band members, and their girlfriends (those who had them). The group definitely was close and you could feel the way they cared about each other.

Pure Torture definitely brings on the heat, with lots of steamy scenes and power chemistry. There is no denying the spark between these two characters.

I can't wait to go back and read the previous books in this series to learn more about each character and the group as a whole.
Profile Image for Angela Dawn.
85 reviews3 followers
July 30, 2016
"What happens on tour stays on tour" is the perfect motto for this rockin' romance. Nikki's lil sister Kitty always had a crush on the drummer Cody. Now that's she's grown and looking as hot as ever Cody can't help but want her. Tania Sparks takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions with the band Oblivion as Cody and Kitty figure out what is the relationship between them.

Cody is like the stereotypical rock star. He never sleeps with a woman more than once. He can't even keep up with their names! I think it surprises everyone when they see Cody and Kitty making out lol! I'm more surprised that her brother Nikki didn't put up an even bigger fight for her. What starts out as a one night stand soon becomes much more.

I'm rating Pure Torture a 3.5 out of 5 stars. If you like a lot of sex with a bit of kinky in it then you'll like this! At first it's like Cody and Kitty can't keep their hands off each other lol. I would've liked to have seen more drama in the first half of the book. I mean her brother doesn't seem bothered by knowing his little sister is having wild sex with his friend. I would've liked to see more tension between them. I also wish Cody could've fought off his lust for her more than he did. Best friend's little sister is forbidden fruit and liable to end a friendship. This was a good read with lots of sex, drugs (ok maybe not too much of those) and rock n roll!!
Profile Image for Mags.
2,500 reviews22 followers
September 6, 2016
4.5☆

A really enjoyable story. The two main characters Cody and Kitty had plenty of chemistry and when they both gave into their feelings there was plenty of steam. The band members themselves are also a really likable group of guys although not the hard rockers you would necessarily expect from the outset of the series.

Although I must admit to having completely forgotten who these guys were and the two stories that featured previously, and even as I got further into the story and the band mates featured more. I still couldn't remember them or their girlfriends. There were also a few points during this story where the sex was hot but the language used wasn't, for example darned was used a few times especially by Kitty in those moments when I'm not sure anyone would really use such a word. Which kind of put me off and is one of the reasons, I didn't give this story 5☆.

Those few issues aside though, I did really enjoy the story it certainly drew me in kept me hooked and although there is no big heavy emotional issues. There is some sadness and loss that added to the overall story and I will certainly be continuing on with this series when Scott and Hanson's stories are released. As for this one, I would happily recommend it to others. Especially if your a fan of the series and author.
Profile Image for The Book Junkie Reads . . ..
4,813 reviews140 followers
July 29, 2016
Kitty was an adult that just happens to be the kid sister of a fellow band made to Cody. Why hinder what you want because of the brother that you work with? There was more to all that than her kid sister status. Come in and join the tour to find out the answers. The why of it all. The how of it all. The darkness, depravity, desire, and dirty of life on tour with Oblivion. Even when they go home the d's are not far behind. They can be found everywhere they go.

Kitty knew what she wanted and was patient. She was willful and determined. Cody just was oblivious to what was before him. He still was not clear on it when Kitty was right before his eyes. Disbelief and maybe even a little dumb struck he was. The ongoing sex, drugs, sex, groupies, sex, language, sex, and more. There were times things felt rushed. There were times of raw emotions. There was times of lots of things.

I was told this was a standalone book but I felt that I needed to read the first two books to get the background information on the characters and the references made here and there about various things. I did enjoy my read but I felt that my experience could have been more.
**This ARC was provided via Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.**
Profile Image for Kathy.
1,373 reviews6 followers
September 16, 2016
Not Feeling It

Oblivions drummer Cody and guitarist Nikki's little sister Kitty have known each other for years but with the band touring and Kitty in school they haven't seen each other that is until a stop back in their hometown. Kitty walks in to the hotel suite with Nikki and it is insta lust for Cody. Kitty has had a major crush on the drummer and decides to find out if all the rumors about him are true, only problem is Nikki will kill him if he messes with his baby sister. Kitty doesn't care and plans an all out seduction on Cody.
Cody does put up a good fight, until he is alone with her, Kitty is determined and finally gets him to agree to a one night stand. Once they finally do the deed it seemed to me that's all they do. This is where I lost interest, I love hot sex between characters as much as the next person and having read the two previous books I had come to expect a better story.
There is an emotional aspect to the book that wasn't a surprise for me as others mentioned in their reviews. That part of the book played out almost to the letter in the previous book which was Nikki's story. I am looking forward to Scott and Hansen's books and hopefully the author finds the passion and depth the 2 previous books had again.
Profile Image for Elizabeth Horbaczek.
752 reviews5 followers
August 1, 2016
This book was given to me for an honest review.

3 stars

I'm a big fan of rocker books and this book sounded good to start with. But for me the book was just okay. It is very fast paced and not as believable as I would liked it to be. It had a lot of good qualities in the book. I really enjoyed The girlfriends of the rockers in the book. They are very close knit and I really enjoyed the family values you in this book. I liked Kitty. She grew up to be this over the top hot sister looking to land her crush. Loved that about he book. I just couldn't like Cody in this book. He just fell short for me. I didn't like how he treated Kitty sometimes and the some of the things he did just didn't sit right with me. The story line was great. It's always good to see how things will turn out with your musicians. I was just frustrated because at sometimes you could feel the chemistry of the book and at other times you didn't. I couldn't get invested in the characters and I hate when that happens. I liked how the story was told and what obstacles were thrown in the mix.

I hope to read another book from this author, I don't think this one did her justice.
Profile Image for Leisa Prater.
1,510 reviews14 followers
August 2, 2016
This series is awesome !!!! Every time I get to the end of one book ....I am ready for the next...cannot wait to see what happens in these guys lives !!!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.