Start by marking “Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)

Lies We Keep

(Pieces of Me #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
When your soul shatters, how will you pick up the pieces?

Jezebel Tate’s writing career has reached success few experience, but when the light of fame shines too bright, Jezebel is cast back into the shadows, where she’s forced to ask herself what happens when admiration becomes obsession.

James Blakely is running from his past. A broken man haunted by a deadly mistake, Jame
Published December 12th 2017 by Rose Books

To ask other readers questions about Lies We Keep, please sign up.

Cheree Castellanos Edits
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride! Jezebel is an author who has done pretty well for herself. She has been through a lot in the few years she has been writing, and a crazy man has taken notice. So with the help of her BFF and publicist, she hires a bodyguard. A very hot bodyguard the Jez knew right away she had a connection with.
The attraction is too much, and they have an impossible time resisting each other, but James Blakely is there for a reason and has a job to do, he can't let himself get distracted.
The chemist
Karlee
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Both Jezebel and James are running from their past but fate has seemed to brought them together. With a stalker getting closer to Jezebel, she decides to hire a bodyguard per her best friend Tara's request. When James walks in for the interview, Jezebel knows instantly he will be the one to keep her safe. But a simple hookup isn't just simple the two start to develop feelings but neither wants to admit it. It isn't until the stalker is too close to comfort with death on the line they realize the ...more
Narrative Ink Reviews
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Rose’s newest novel, Lies We Keep, is her first venture into romance after completing the supernatural Blood Books trilogy, and it may be her finest work yet. Rose brings her infallible instinct for edge-of-your-seat stories to a new genre. This book has elements of all the best fiction: superb writing, a page-turning plot, complex characters, humor, romance, sex, danger, and a killer voice. Though at its heart, this book is a love story, it has all the nail-biting suspense Rose is know ...more
Samantha
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Jezebel is such an interesting character. She is so strong in the face of something so scary.( I won't spoil it for you). Blakley is a sexy man who comes into Jezebels life, right when she needs him. Can they keep each other safe and finally open up about the dark secrets that haunt them? This book has romance, sex, hidden secrets and frightening ordeals. I recommend you read this book!
Mcf1nder_sk
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everybody has a favorite author, based on what genre you read. For a good horror novel, I've followed Stephen King for 40+ years. For sci-fi/fantasy, Isaac Asimov has been my go-to read since I learned to read. There is always one author that has specialized in a specific genre, but the game has changed.
Danielle Rose is an author I've followed since I discovered her supernatural series Blood Rose, involving witches and vampires. Rose spread her wings with the fantastic horror short story Her.
Heather
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great premise for the book, but I don't think it was well developed.

Famous writer who is dealing with a stalker needs protection so she and her assistant decide to hire security. After to many failed interviews, Jezebel makes her decision for her new body guard based on looks alone. She's so attracted to this guy that she decides to hire him on the spot without even waiting for his clearances to come back. Then when she runs into him outside of the interview, she invites him back to her apartme
Becky Wise
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I just became addicted to a new to me author. Danielle Rose blew me away with Lies We Keep. I didn't want to put this down. Seriously I need the next book in this series. Jezebel and James have off the charts chemistry from the beginning. First you think oh it's another one of those books where the client falls for body guard. But in reality it is so much more then that. James really tried to fight his attraction but with Jezebel there was no way he could stop falling for her. Jezebel is ...more
Denise Sherman
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lies we Keep is a wonderful read.. Quite different then the other books that I have read from this Author... and that is what makes it so much more enjoyable and enticing to read. I love the real anticipation of what happens with the main character Jezebel (very beautiful) ... and how she deals with every situation that she runs into...
The secondary character James Blakely.. very hot and seductive... sees Jezebel as somebody to protect and make sure that she stays safe.. that is his job.... but
Ceres95
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jezebel is a successful romance writer, yet she’s harassed by a stranger. To reassure her best friend who is none other than her agent, she hires a bodyguard.

James Blakely is sexy and sure of himself, when he accepts the job offered by Jezebel he knows that the complications aren’t far because he’s attracted by this charming lady who doesn’t stop making advances.

Jezebel knows what she wants, professionally or personally, and what she wants is to put James Blakely in her bed, no matter if her lif
Emma bramley
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book by this author that I've read. This is the first book in this series by this author. This is a steamy romance read. The characters were amazing and well written. This story has a suspense side to it too which will keep you reading long into the night. I can't wait to read more in this series and by this author in the future.
Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Amanda Williams
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book. I just couldn't put it down. Full of romance, mystery and suspense. Truly remarkable storytelling. As I finished the story I knew that my life will not be the same again. I have fallen for this author's writing and cannot wait to devour the next book. The characters were truly inspirational and the storyline was compelling.
Stephanie Norris
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
a steamy story about an author by the name of Jezebel avoiding her past while a determined stalker pushes the hiring of a body guard. However, Jezebel's new body guard isn't all he seems. Like her, he's dealing with some avoidance of his own... 3.5 stars. It wasn't the kind of book I normally read & it didn't leave me much reason to further explore the genre
Kellane Mitchener
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 So Good!!!

Jez and James were a great coupling, they grew into themselves and changed for the better. I lived for the suspense in this story too. The side characters helped this story as well. I can't wait to read other books by Danielle.
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading Danielle Rose’s novels, Lies We Keep is different from her others but a good different. The suspense and who is it kept me interested but the characters kept me reading. I felt connected to them and the story. Hot hot hot and I loved it!

Review by Raychel
Gemma
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that I read and it won't be my last because they have written an intriguing story that had a storyline that had me captivated from the start to end of this book. I cant wait to read more of this series.
Jessica Rachow
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is one novel I could not put down. Danielle Rose is a magnificent writer, who is able to bring everything you would want from this kind of story. Her writing moves you through a cycle of emotions and feelings. The story is tense, humorous and sexy - everything I hoped for when I turned to the first page. The characters are deeply troubled, with pasts that are hard to pry out of them. It's clear we've only scratched the surface of Blakely in this first novel, and I am really l ...more
Danielle
Sep 25, 2018
Bran Pendergrass
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-netgalley

***I was provided this book by Netgalley and Rose Books in exchange for an honest review***

4.5 Stars (This book was almost perfection!)

The Breakdown:

So, WOW! Right from the very first sentence, the first paragraph I was hooked! This fast-paced page turner is going to give the Fifty and Crossfire series a run for their money! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IT IS HOTT & STEAMY! If you can’t take the heat stay far, far away from the kitchen that Jezebel and Blakely are occupying! Or any other room/vehic

Danielle Rose
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Raychel Faulkner
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Jul 06, 2018
BeckieG
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jez Tate is just an author. She wants to write books, she has a past she'd rather forget and doesn't want the celebrity lifestyle.

This journey introduces Jez to Blakely, her newly hired bodyguard that she find incredibly hot and instantly connects with him.

Blakely has his own secrets and he tries not to see anything in Jez than she's his client.

Simple employer/employer relationship....or so you'd think.

The story was a great pace, detailed and had you enjoying the highs and lows of the characters
poppy
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super read. Jezebel is an author and has a stalker so she hires a bodyguard James at her agent's insistence. The chemistry between these two is immediate but both have pasts they need to overcome. These two were great characters and were really hot together it was a really interesting read and I really enjoyed it
Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

For more information about Danielle Rose, visit her website: www.droseauthor.com.

Pieces of Me (3 books)
  • Truth We Bare (Pieces of Me, #2)
  • Pieces of Me: The Complete Series