Start by marking “Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)

Lies We Keep

(Pieces of Me #1)

When your soul shatters, how will you pick up the pieces?

Jezebel Tate’s writing career has reached success few experience, but when the light of fame shines too bright, Jezebel is cast back into the shadows, where she’s forced to ask herself what happens when admiration becomes obsession.

Published December 12th 2017 by Rose Books

To ask other readers questions about Lies We Keep, please sign up.

Start your review of Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Jezebel hires bodyguard James Blakely to protect her from a stalker. Instant heat and chemistry bring this story to life. I really enjoyed the suspense aspect to the story. Danielle had me drawling over her descriptions of the sexy god that is Blakley.

Jezebel’s character took some warming up for me, but I feel there is more to her than we hear about, so I am hoping more comes to light in book two with her.

Danielle Rose is a new author for me and I like her writing style, it is well written and
Michele
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm all about sexy bodyguard books. "Lies We Keep" definitely delivers in the hot bodyguard department with James Blakely. Jezebel, a young author who is being stalked, agrees to hire him as her bodyguard. It is obvious that Blakely is carrying around some significant baggage but he won't discuss it. Blakely interviews with Jezebel and is the first one that she has felt comfortable with. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she is attracted to him as well.

There is an undeniable push and pull between
Bozena
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is my first book by this author and I loved every second of it ❣
I love how the story begins 😍
From the first page you are immediately in the story and Jezebels world or better said her head (her very visual imagination 🤭).
This book describes the ugly side of the celebrity life.
It describes what being a famous writer means from the unpleasant side.
Jezebel Tate is a writer who loves to write and she has a gift, that makes writing very easy for her. She is famous for her sexy cowboy books and w
Marie Vasquez
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
For a quick read, Jezebel and James’ story had all the elements for a wonderful story.

I absolutely loved Jezebel. She was bold and confident and went after what she wanted. And in her story she wanted James. What started out as an itch to scratch with her new sexy bodyguard turned into something much more. This alpha female found an alpha male to curl her toes and win her heart.

It was sexy, suspenseful and through it all Jez remained true to herself and no matter her circumstance she never bec
Heather 123
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great premise for the book, but I don't think it was well developed.

Famous writer who is dealing with a stalker needs protection so she and her assistant decide to hire security. After to many failed interviews, Jezebel makes her decision for her new body guard based on looks alone. She's so attracted to this guy that she decides to hire him on the spot without even waiting for his clearances to come back. Then when she runs into him outside of the interview, she invites him back to her apartme
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ride! Jezebel is an author who has done pretty well for herself. She has been through a lot in the few years she has been writing, and a crazy man has taken notice. So with the help of her BFF and publicist, she hires a bodyguard. A very hot bodyguard the Jez knew right away she had a connection with.
The attraction is too much, and they have an impossible time resisting each other, but James Blakely is there for a reason and has a job to do, he can't let himself get distracted.
The chemist
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2018)!💝

Blurb:
When your soul shatters, how will you pick up the pieces?

James Blakely is running from his past. A broken man haunted by a deadly mistake, James reluctantly accepts a position as Miss Tate’s private security and finds himsel
Karlee
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Both Jezebel and James are running from their past but fate has seemed to brought them together. With a stalker getting closer to Jezebel, she decides to hire a bodyguard per her best friend Tara's request. When James walks in for the interview, Jezebel knows instantly he will be the one to keep her safe. But a simple hookup isn't just simple the two start to develop feelings but neither wants to admit it. It isn't until the stalker is too close to comfort with death on the line they realize the ...more
Shy Reviews
*Big thank you to NetGalley/Publisher who sent me this book in exchange for an honest review*

I usually dont like books about security guards and their clients falling in love. I've read a few books with similar plots and they always seemed a bit cheesy to me.

This one wasn't one of those. This is one of those books that feels and reads completely organically. I loved the tension of the backstories, I thought that Jezebel was a very dynamic character and I thought that James was really swoon worth
Coco.V
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/1/2020)! 🎁
Belle Coyle
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Much better than I was expecting. Solid and deep characters with interesting backstories. Well paced (a very quick read).
Narrative Ink Reviews
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Rose’s newest novel, Lies We Keep, is her first venture into romance after completing the supernatural Blood Books trilogy, and it may be her finest work yet. Rose brings her infallible instinct for edge-of-your-seat stories to a new genre. This book has elements of all the best fiction: superb writing, a page-turning plot, complex characters, humor, romance, sex, danger, and a killer voice. Though at its heart, this book is a love story, it has all the nail-biting suspense Rose is know ...more
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
ok, Damn ! What a start to the book ! I am already excited and grinning like a fool. I love Jezebel Tate's I-will-take-what-I-want attitude. And while we've read this trait in so many alpha males, it is refreshing to reading it from a woman's POV. And double damn if her mouth watering experience of setting her eyes on the drool worthy James Blakely, doesn't make my mouth water !! Right, so now I am all pumped up to see these two locking horns..

Coming back to the plot, not much of originality to
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
Lies we keep story based in Manhattan about a romance writer called Jezebel who is being stalked by a man so she has to hire an ex army body guard James Blakely for her own safety.

James is gorgeous, Jez is instantly attracted to him. I wish the tension was allowed to build on this a bit more felt a little bit rushed to me. The first kiss happened really early on for I always prefer more of a build up to this.

Like that Jez describes herself as an alpha female I don’t think there’s enough of th
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
The chemistry between Jezebel and James is scorching hot from the moment they meet. I was drawn to the story based in their interaction alone.
When the element of danger is thrown into the mix, with the mystery of who the stalker could be, there wasn't a chance of going to sleep until I finished the book.
Both of the main characters have lost their family, so there's an underlying connection between them. Lies We Keep focuses on Jezebel's past, and how it's affected her daily life ever since.
With
Kat
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and I'm so happy I did! Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. The story was very fast-paced and was about a woman who knew what she wanted and was very confident in getting it. There are too few books that star a woman who takes charge, knows the greatness she brings to the table, and isn't afraid of her sexuality, and Danielle Rose did it really well. There were more sexy scenes than I expected, but Ms. Rose also had incredible delivery with ...more
Samantha
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-bookshelf
Jezebel is such an interesting character. She is so strong in the face of something so scary.( I won't spoil it for you). Blakley is a sexy man who comes into Jezebels life, right when she needs him. Can they keep each other safe and finally open up about the dark secrets that haunt them? This book has romance, sex, hidden secrets and frightening ordeals. I recommend you read this book! ...more
Dorothy Sobota
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by this author and definitely not the last. This was a fast read, with a well written plot, plenty of sexy scenes and full of suspense. The connection between Jez and James was instant with plenty of heat. Highly recommend this book.
Sarah Blanchard
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great story! Two shattered souls coming together! My first read by Danielle Rose and it won’t be my last!
Debbie Clark
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is my first Danielle Rose book and all I can say is WOW. Awesome characters. Amazing story. Wonderfully written. You really get into the mind of Jezebel Tate an author who likes to live a quiet life. A stalker is what brings her to meet James Blakey. I love how forward Jezebel is towards James. I love the interactions between them. Jezebel’s friend Tara is a great secondary character. The ending of this story is action packed. Absolutely loved Lies We Keep.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Okay wow, how had I not known of this author until now?? What an awesome read.

So Danielle Rose is a new author to me, and I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this book, and I was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. From chapter one I was pulled in and totally captivated, needing to know what the hell was going on.

Is Lies We Keep, we have James and Jezebel, James a bodyguard and Jezebel a young author. When Jezebel discovers she has a stalker she has no choice than to hire someone to
Up All Night With Books
Five gloriously wonderful stars!
Review by Angelique
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Forgiveness, love, happiness and tragedy comes to light in the first installment of the Pieces of Me series, Lies We Keep by USA Today bestselling author Danielle Rose.

We first meet Jezebel Tate, a successful author who seems to be at the top of her career and living a life that some only dream about. But things are never quite as good as it seems. The thing is, that even with her successful career a
Deb
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed how Lies We Keep builds into a mystery from the first chapter, from there it never wavers. Is it possible to crave someone within desperation? Once having one taste, can that ever be enough? Come walk through Jezebel and James’s world and see for yourself.

Jezebel Cox a brilliant author who has a stalker that is making her life crazy. Against everything she wants, she agreed to having a bodyguard. Jezebel likes control in and out of the bedroom, but she is about to meet her match. Jezeb
Jessica Call
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I gotta say I’m a Danielle Rose newbie.
And now I’m a fan. A big fan! So, this book titled Lies We Keep was a smooth, flawless, yummy read! The words flowed effortlessly on the pages making it a instant page turner. Once I started I honestly couldn’t look away. And trust me everyone in my house tried lol.

Jezebel (my mom calls me that lol) Tate is a Author and clearly a really good one considering her 8 figure bank account haha but like all celebrities there’s always that one fan...excep
Nancy Brady
Full disclosure: I received this novel (and one other previously reviewed) directly from the publisher, Waterhouse Press, but that in no way affected this review.

Romance, suspense, revenge, and two broken people who may just heal each other...or not. This romantic suspense novel introduces Jezebel Tate, an author who has not only an eight-figure income (okay, not believable as few authors really attain that threshold unless their stories are made into movies, but I digress) but a stalker who is
Mcf1nder_sk
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everybody has a favorite author, based on what genre you read. For a good horror novel, I've followed Stephen King for 40+ years. For sci-fi/fantasy, Isaac Asimov has been my go-to read since I learned to read. There is always one author that has specialized in a specific genre, but the game has changed.
Danielle Rose is an author I've followed since I discovered her supernatural series Blood Rose, involving witches and vampires. Rose spread her wings with the fantastic horror short story Her.
Belle's Book Labyrinth
Romance Thriller!

Danielle Rose is a new author to me and the blurb for this duet caught my attention. Lies We Keep is book one of the duet where we get to know Jezebel. Being a well-known author, she tries to keep herself out of the spotlight and ends up getting caught in a stalker’s web. Afraid, she hires James as her bodyguard. Did I mention that he is sexy as sin?

James can’t help but to be attracted to Jezebel, however, he does not want to mix his job and keeps trying to deflect her advances.
Sparkymom
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first experience with Danielle Rose. I chose this book at first because the cover caught my attention. The story focuses on James and Jezebel (didn't love the name). Jezebel's need for a bodyguard brings her in contact with James. We don't get a ton of info on James. The next book is his POV, so I'm assuming we will get more there. We just know he is former military recently turned civilian. Jezebel is a famous author with a healthy sexual appetite and no qualms about asking for and ...more
Floraljoy
Could have been more:
The title on this book was a bit misconceiving; it should have been "Lies we tell ourselves". Both of the main characters blamed themselves for tragedies that had happened to their families and they had closed themselves off and not dealt with the emotional ramifications. We see some evidence of Jezebel working towards this in the epilogue but the majority of the book dealt with the lust and physical attraction between her and her bodyguard. Jezebel was an apt name for her a
Jennifer Pierson
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jezebel is an author with a stalker, so she needs a bodyguard immediately, though she's not giving off the impression that she's taking the situation as seriously as she should. So she agrees to hire James, not because he's the right guy for the job per se, but because she wants him badly. So yeah, she didn't come off too well for me despite being in one of my favorite jobs, an author. Now James is guarding her, and fending off her advances for some pages, as she's determined to get him into bed ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Undefeated (Blood Bond Saga #13-15)
  • Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge, #1)
  • Misadventures at City Hall
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge, #3)
  • The Red Ledger: Part 7
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge, #2)
  • Breathless (Steel Brothers Saga, #10)
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • The Red Ledger: Part 8
  • Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend #19
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus #1)
  • Ravenous (Steel Brothers Saga #11)
  • No Longer Lost (Secrets of Stone Book 9)
  • On My Knees (Bridge, #1)
  • Misadventures in a Threesome
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga 1) ebook is FREE!

Dark Shadow (Darkhaven Saga 6) released January 26th!

Pieces of Me (2 books)
  • Truth We Bear (Pieces of Me, #2)