Start by marking “Ruthless (Playboys in Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless (Playboys in Love, #2)

Ruthless

(Playboys in Love #2)

People call me Ruthless for a reason.

Whether in the court room or the bedroom, my reputation is well-earned. I’m either working hard, working out, or working my way into some woman's panties. Problem is, none of them share my particular kink, and I end up walking away unsatisfied.

Until I meet HER.

She’s a friend of a friend, which makes her off-limits until temptation take
Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless, please sign up.
Gina L. Maxwell Hi, Elsa. Ruthless is going up for pre-order this week and will be released January 30th! I'm so excited for you to get to know Roman better. ;)…moreHi, Elsa. Ruthless is going up for pre-order this week and will be released January 30th! I'm so excited for you to get to know Roman better. ;)(less)

Start your review of Ruthless (Playboys in Love, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

I’ve never met a woman I wanted to either fuck or strangle so much in my entire life.

Well, well, Miss Maxwell, you naughty naughty girl. If I knew this new series of yours was THIS hot, I'd have jumped on it way sooner than this. As it is, I'm kicking myself for taking this long to discover it. I've been a huge fan of this author since I first discovered her with Rules of Entanglement (which I absolutely adored). This series of hers is certainly a lot spicier, and you won't fi
Coco.V
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Engaging, fast-paced and very well-written, I enjoyed immensely this seriously hot story that captivated me from the start. Ruthless was a great combination of all the elements that fit my reading preferences - entertaining plot, lovable and interesting characters, humour, romance, passion, emotion, off-the-charts chemistry and the love scenes were without a doubt crazy HOT.

Roman aka Ruthless is a successful attorney AND a sexy as hell male stripper. He has a couple of rules and one of them is n
Sabrina
NOW LIVE
*Amazon*Barnes & Noble*Kobo*

A Hero that wears both suits and piercings? Hell to the yes! I loved that Roman was such a contradiction and it made him a really unique character. It's not often that I would say two very different personalities could come together so well but this author did a brilliant job at blending the two. Roman was a perfect mix of suit wearing lawyer who could eat you alive in the Court room and also sexy stripper that you'd beg to eat you alive in the bedroom.

Roman
~IreneOust~
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

photo ruthless collage_zpstec77ans.png

I would like to say this book took me by surprise but then I'll be lying. If you are familiar with Gina L. Maxwell's work, you'd probably agree that she writes some of the hottest sexual encounters! I don't know what it is about her stories that manages to hit all the right buttons ... it just does. Her books are fun, full of witty banter, sexy as hell and just pure entertainment!

This story is no exception. It probably won't be for everyone but readers who love their Heroes with a touch of kink
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
RUTHLESS is now being featured in a Blog Tour + giveaway!!

I've been a fan of Gina Maxwell's since I read her debut novel, Seducing Cinderella, and she cemented my fandom with Shameless. I absolutely fell in love with the P4H crew and couldn't wait to find out more about each of them and the ladies that love them.

Roman has intrigued me from the start. Successful attorney by day, sexy and in-hot-demand stripper at night, I had to know more. Imagine my delight when I discovered his kink *wink*. I t
Denisa
3.5 Better than I expected.

It was hot and cute and funny at times. And it was fast paced, so all these make me a very happy girl.
I wasn't expecting too much and surprises like these are always welcomed.

Why not more start, if it's so good? I didn't really think it's memorable. It's the kind of book you really enjoy and are glad you read it, but at the end of the week, you have to think a bit to remember what happened (though I do have a bad memory, so there's that).

All in all, it's a really go
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
2 ~ Sharing is not my Kink ~ Stars

This review is my honest and personal opinion and I know authors can't please everyone and that was the case here. I'm actually sad that this one didn't work for me. Ruthless had a lot of things that I loved and I know others, more adventurous and with less triggers then me, will absolutely love this series. All I can say is it didn't work for me. I can say I honestly gave it a shot and now I know that it's not something I would actively seek out.

I thought I c
Malene
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought Shameless was okay. Ruthless was so much better. I really enjoyed the story for what it was. Yes, there wasn't any deep plot but I was entertained nonetheless. Addison and Roman were great and their chemistry insanely hot. Holy moly! Roman had his kinky side and Addison embraced it and her own too. Their sex scenes were sizzling, dripping hot like lava.
Now I'm really looking forward to reading Austin's book because his kinky side is somewhat of a taboo. The group dynamics is also what
Karen Mc
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

You’re the predator right up until you’re the prey.

Gina Maxwell’s latest heart-thrashing romance, Ruthless, was the predator and I was the prey. This scintillating and spellbinding story pounced on me, holding me in its clutches, where I could do nothing but submit to this UTTER BOOK BLISS that was Ruthless. Ruthless is a scintillating and scorching romance that burns the body and seduces the soul.

I fell in INSTANT LOVE with Ruthless, an achingly addictive love story that held me hard…captivati
Jos
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Timitra
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking forward to reading Ruthless ever since I finished reading Shameless and I must say it did not disappoint and was totally worth the wait.

I loved the heroine, Addison, she had me laughing over the ridiculous things she'd say and think. I loved that she was strong, feisty and the prefect match for Roman. I absolutely adored the him, I loved that he was more than what met the eye. I thought they were perfectly matched. The chemistry between them was off the charts and lead to some
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 KINKY CROWNS

Be prepared to enter the world of delicious alpha men with their own kink when you open the cover of the Playboys in Love series. This erotic world that Gina L. Maxwell is perfect blend of licentious deeds and romance, creating a story that will pull at your heartstrings and keep things hot in the sheets.

From the very first chapter, I was drawn into this story, ad mainly because of the voice of the female lead. Her dominance, her intelligence, her a
Jen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roxie and Jen's Review

Holy smoking hotness!! This will kind of be a double review of sorts.

YES, YES, YES! Think Meg Ryan orgasmic bliss... We wanted a hot, soaking panties kind of read and we got that and so much MORE! We are suckers for stripper books. Like we can't get enough and stalk lists looking for them. Well... we hit the motherload. Gina L. Maxwell had us wanting to hire these guys to "come" to our next event!! We picked up Shameless recently which is book 1 in the Playboys in Love se
Liz F
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I've FINALLY done it! I've finally read a book by Gina Maxwell! I met her at the RT Convention a few years ago and she was so fun and hilarious and cool that I couldn't wait to start reading her! All of my blogmates loved her and I knew she was going to write one hell of a book. Fast forward a few years and here I am, just NOW getting to it! Better late than never!!!

Addison was awesome! I wasn't sure I was going to like her at first though. She
MJ
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
I thought Shameless was off the charts sexy but with Ruthless, I'd say Gina Maxwell has clearly let her inner freak flag wave tall and proud! Phew, this one truly set my Kindle on fire and I have to say I am really happy that the author has written these Playboys in Love books with such passion. You can feel the absolute lust dripping from both Addie and Roman's eyes whenever they look at each other. She's a bonafide maneater with a beautiful heart and he is the confirmed bachelor with a penchan ...more
A Klue
With its stripper by night/lawyer by day main hero who likes to have sex with his stripper clients while his fellow male stripper friends often watch/participate, this book goes down a path I do not travel. Until that big reveal at the beginning, I was looking forward to reading this one. Though stunned, because I seriously was not expecting that, I kept reading thinking the heroine will likely lead this bad boy down a new path of his own...redemption. Problem was the heroine's equally crass/cru ...more
Scarlett Leva
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-reads
RUTHLESS is a MUST READ…. the SENSUALITY in this book is off the charts. It will leave you SPELL-BOUND.

The book is well written. A little, No a lot on the RISKY side but done exceptionally well. Ruthless is smart, educated, and SEXY as HELL. I like his devotion that he has to his friends and family. The thing that he can do with his body. Sorry can’t go into much detail. You just have to find out for yourself.

I loved Addision!!!! I enjoyed that she wasn’t a weak female. Her character is strong,
Lisa Aiello
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy-romance
I received a NetGalley ARC for an honest review.

And honestly - this was a great little story. The characters and the story line kept me engaged. Yes, there was instalust, yes there was some push/pull, and yes there was miscommunication/assumptions made, but Ruthless was an awesome alpha hero without being over the top and too asshole-ish (with a little oh so sexy kink thrown in), and our heroine was sassy, sexy, confident, smart and independent.

Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
One of the best I've read this month so far!

"Ruthless" (Playboys In Love #2) by author Gina L Maxwell.
Release Day: January 30, 2017
My Rating: 5
Cover: 5

I could kick myself for never reading this author before now. Well in my own defense, there are so many great authors around, I don't always come across many of them unless I'm browsing. So Thank you social media for that. Especially Instagram! But in this instance the book found me. Yea!! I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this
Richelle Robinson
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So after reading Shameless in one day I didn't know how I was going to make it until Ruthless came out. So I went on NetGalley, requested the book and the next day this baby was on my Kindle. Talk about happy girl!!! This book did not disappoint!!

We are first introduced to Roman and Addison in Shameless. Roman aka Ruthless is Chance's best friend. Addison is Jane's best friend. So with that being said Roman has decided that Addison is off limits because he doesn't want to ruin the groups friend
Tami
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

4.5

M/F - M/F/M - BDSM lordy I love my alphabet soups. Voyeurs thrown in to keep it interesting. You don't NEED #1 in the series to enjoy this book. I didn't read it, and I loved this book. I can promise that I will pounce when I have the opportunity though LOL. It would be fair to say that I will be pouncing on any opportunity that I am given to read any of this new to me a
Danielle
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 hot and steamy stars
Roman and Addison know each other through friends. Her BFF and his BFF are together. So for Roman, Addison is off limits. This makes Addison want him more and Roman tries to fight it but can't. Their attraction is too powerful.

Then Addison is hired to work for Roman at his law firm.

This book was HOT but there was some things that bothered me... like how is a well known lawyer also a stripper at night???!!! I mean, am I the only person who doesn't understand this???

Ayekah
What a great story. Seriously hot, and had me flipping pages because I didn't want to miss a single thing.
Roman... have mercy on me. I could only picture those words coming out of his mouth, me with a strangle hold on my kindle.
Addie, I loved this honey badger of a girl. Tough, bright and sexy and knows how to play it.
What a wicked ride this book was and Gina did such a brilliant job with these two.
This book gets 4.5 stars from me. Yes it's a must read!!!

**arc from NetGalley and Entangled in
Maria Rose
Ruthless is the second story in the Playboys in Love series by Gina Maxwell. It’s part of Entangled Publishing’s Scorched line, which definitely is a good description for this imprint. The series revolves around a group of guys who work as strippers in their off hours, when they aren’t at their regular day jobs or studying at college. For most of them, working for Playboys 4 Hire is a secret second job, either for the money, or the fun and attention they get from the ladies. In Shameless, book o ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review:

The second book in Gina L. Maxwell’s Playboys in Love series is even better than the first book. Ruthless is every bit as raw and sexy as Shameless, but this hero has two very different sides and the heroine finds out she does as well. Ms. Maxwell has really turned up the heat in her writing with this series giving her readers some of the charts smoldering sexy reading.

Addison wants a night with her best friend’s boyfriend’s friend Roman (aka Ruthless, his stripper name)
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review ***

Can’t tell you where to start with this book… words like; Hot & Holy Hell come to mind first!

Captivating, faced-paced and melt your panties good are other words that describe this fantastic read by Gina L. Maxwell.

Ruthless is the second book in the Playboys in Love series and are about two characters that strive to be the best in their professional lives by day, but by night the tattoos, piercings, mini dress and hair comes down! R
Becca
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness Batman! Roman will make you fanning yourself in the fridge to help keep the blush at bay when reading.

Addison is on a mission... to bed the hotter than hell Roman. The only problem is that Roman has a steadfast rule... No sleeping with friends or friends of friends. And since Addie is Janey's best friend who just so happens to be dating his best friend Chance, she is SO OFF LIMITS.

So what does Addie do you ask? Well she learns to push the right buttons and has Roman following her w
Sue Galuska
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow this book was awesome! I just loved Addison Paige and Roman Reeves. These two were off the charts hot and fun! Did I mention hot? I knew Addison was going to be fun based on what she did to Jane in the first book by sending her a stripper from Playboys 4 Hire, but I didn't have a feel yet for Ruthless Roman, lawyer by day, stripper by night!

Addison is attracted to Roman right away when they meet at a friends get-together, but Roman has a rule...don't mess around with a friend's friend.
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via InkSlinger PR as part of blog tour*

Another scorcher by Gina!

The 2nd book in the series, this standalone is now about Jane’s friend, Addison (Addie), and Chance’s friend, Roman. If you’ve read the first book, you know what Roman does as a side gig, along with his 3 other close friends. Outside of that gig, Roman is a lawyer. So is Addison, a budding one, anyway.

Roman broke his own law of not messing with friends of friends. Addison just wants her hands on the delicio
HeatherP
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I really enjoy Gina's books, her Fighting For Love series is some of my books I love and recommend a lot. This series is about lawyers by day and strippers by night men. It sounds so good I had to jump all over it. I have not read the first book and I was ok with jumping right into this one. I didn't feel lost or anything. The story is good and it had a great premise, I just feel some of it missed the mark for me. There was lots of scorching hot moments in this book but some of Roman an
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Good Girl Gone Bad (Dirty Debts, #1)
  • Breach (Breach, #1)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Dirty Rebound (Slayers Hockey, #3)
  • Freedom (Featherstone Academy, #5)
  • Hooked (Viking Bastards MC, #1)
  • Dirty Talker (Slayers Hockey, #4)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Full Exposure (Hands On, #3)
  • Captivated
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • Body Contact (Hands On, #2)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1)
  • Surviving The Biker (The Biker, #2)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)
See top shelves…
Gina L. Maxwell is a full-time writer, wife, and mother living in the upper Midwest, despite her scathing hatred of snow and cold weather. An avid romance novel addict, she began writing as an alternate way of enjoying the romance stories she loves to read. Her debut novel, Seducing Cinderella, hit both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists in less than four weeks, and she’s been livin ...more

Playboys in Love (3 books)
  • Shameless (Playboys in Love, #1)
  • Merciless (Playboys in Love, #3)

News & Interviews

“Just admit your pussy is weeping for my cock.”

“Sure,” she says, pushing her round ass back against my straining dick. “Just as soon as you admit your cock is dying to get inside my pussy.”

Son of a bitch. As much as I want to make her come, proving the command I have over her body, I can’t reward her bratty behavior. That’s okay, though. If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s playing the long game.

“So stubborn,” I say in admonishment. Pulling out of her, I finger-paint a path down the side of her neck with her own arousal, then lap it up with my tongue—fuck, she tastes good—nice and slow, ending with a nip to her earlobe. Her sharp inhale makes my dick twitch before she spins around to face me.”
2 likes
“That’s what it was supposed to be, but then we started meeting up for morning workouts, which led to a joint trip to the GNC, and then we discovered we both play chess, which led to inviting him over for a game night, and then I quoted Mallrats but he didn’t get it, which led to a movie enlightenment mission and several movie-at-home nights…” I trail off, leaving the “etcetera etcetera” unspoken. Huffing out an exasperated sigh, I explain, “The more we hung out together, the more couple-y we got, and before I knew it we were buying extra toothbrushes to keep at our apartments and doing silly shit like giving each other keys. Add in the most amazing porn star sex ever, and it’s apparently enough for me to want to have his puppy.”

“You mean baby.”

“God, no. You know better than that. I’m not the nurturing type.”

“Yeah, well, you also used to say you weren’t the falling in love type, either.”

I narrow my eyes at her. “No one likes a wise-ass, Janey.”

“Maybe not, but sometimes a hard-ass like you needs a wise-ass like me.”
1 likes