Start by marking “Tma (Martin Servaz, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tma (Martin Servaz, #3)

Tma

(Commandant Martin Servaz #3)

Na Štědrý den objeví Christine Steinmeyerová, rozhlasová moderátorka z Toulouse, ve své poštovní schránce dopis od ženy, která v něm oznamuje svou sebevraždu. Christine je přesvědčená, že se dopis dostal do její schránky omylem. Chyba? Hoax? Jenže druhý den ji zavolá do rádia neznámý posluchač, který ji obviní z toho, že nic neudělala. Brzy se urážky, hrozby a různé ...more
Published June 6th 2016 by XYZ Knihy

To ask other readers questions about Tma, please sign up.
Asteropê December 6, 2016 - Hardcover & Kindle editions. Other non-Amazon formats will obviously be available then as well.
See: …more
See: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Turn-Ligh...
English editions on GR:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... - HB
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... - Kindle(less)

Start your review of Tma (Martin Servaz, #3)
Matt
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing with another Bernard Minier novel, I noticed a distinct change in this series. Whereas the first two novels were definitely crime thrillers, this one has morphed into something psychological, but still holds a strong story to keep the reader fully engaged. Christine Steinmeyer is prepared to go out on Christmas Eve when she noticed an unmarked letter in her post box. Opening it, she discovers a letter expressing that the writer intends on killing themselves and that she, the reader, ...more
Linda Strong
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Christine Steinmeyer received a suicide note on Christmas Eve. It was written by a woman, but Christine is convinced the note was delivered her by mistake. But during her radio show, she receives a call from a man who states she had let this woman die because she did nothing.

And from there, everything gets even worse. Drugs are found in her desk drawers. Someone is getting into her home and leaving CDs of operas for her to find ...they all have to do with suicide. Her co-workers are inventing
Olivia
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-reviews
"Don't Turn Out the Lights" is an intense psychological thriller. Christine, a radio personality, receives a suicide note without a name or address on Christmas Eve. She is supposed to be meeting her fiancé Gerald's parents, so she is forced to do very little and mostly ignores it. On Christmas, while on the radio, a caller accuses her of letting someone die. Although she takes the letter to the police, they believe that she created it herself. As her life turns into a downward spiral, Christine ...more
Elaine
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
I was actually not looking forward to Don't Turn Out the Lights, only because it looked long and wordy. I enjoyed the first two books but I didn't love it.

But I was surprised...in a good way!

The third book in the Commandant Martin Servaz series was a surprise because it had less to do with the formidable detective and more to do with the main character, Christine Steinmeyer. She is being stalked and harassed with strange letters, threatening phone calls and mind games determined to send her
Rosa
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, read-in-2019
It's been four years since I read The Circle, and while I've enjoyed this Don't Turn Out the Lights, I didn't like it as much as the previous ones.
The plot twist about Commandant Servaz being on leave due to the gift he recieved from Hirtman is interesting but it keeps Martin out of the spotlight and we know the story through Christine, and that sometimes is too much. (view spoiler)
Illona
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant. This was just one twist on another and even though I'm not entirely sure why the 2 DNA samples are important, I do know that Servaz is gonna find Marianne. Hopefully. And kill Hirtmann maybe?

Also, thank goodness Christine is still alive. But did Mila even realise that she did something wrong?!
Elaine
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: french, 2016
The first 300 pages left me breathless and, well, not wanting to put out the light! Unfortunately, there were well over 300 pages after that, and at some point I longed for an editor. I noticed that the vocabulary/writing is somewhat repetitive- this is great for a language student like me and I felt that my contemporary French was definitely improved by reading this book. However that's the sort of thing that I imagine would be less enchanting for a native speaker!
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.0 Stars

This is technically the third book in the Commandant Martin Servaz series. However, it is not necessary to read the two previous books in order to understand and enjoy this novel as a standalone. The prologue does appear to spoil events from the previous books, so you may want to skip to the first chapter if you are considering going back to read the beginning of the series.

The story is told from two main perspectives with two seemingly unrelated mysteries. I was initially hooked in by
Susanne  Strong
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Intense and Complex Thriller. This suspense novel is not to be missed. It is well thought out, easy to read and it keeps your attention.

Don't Turn Out the Lights by Bernard Minier is a mystery suspense involving returning character, Detective Martin Servaz, whose past haunts him; and Christine, a woman who receives a mysterious note in her mailbox on Christmas Eve, which sounds an awful lot like a suicide note. Thereafter, Christine is harassed, and then terrorized on a daily basis and
Tanja Berg
I bought three books in the series two weeks ago, I've read them all now. If I had the fourth, I would pick it up immediately. This book gets a star deduction for the predictable death of a dog. Animal abuse is usually a deal breaker for me, meaning wall-banging books.

Martin Servaz is on leave. He's had a bit of a break-down, thinking his former lover has been killed. He begins to get back to his old self after he starts to investigate the case of a woman who committed suicide.

In another part
Diane
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complicated plot taking place in Toulouse, France. Psychological suggestion of suicide through stalking and intimidation and even murder. Many plot twists keep the reader trying to solve who is really the instigator. Didn't know this was the third in a series (hate that!). Decent read but takes time to really get into this one.
Sharon Mensing
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-book, review-copy
This book is as twisty as it gets. Throughout the entire book, up until the last page, we know that a number of individuals have been manipulated by at least one deeply disturbed sociopath. However, assumptions about who is manipulating whom are constantly challenged, and the reader as well as Servaz, the investigator, is repeatedly thrown off balance. Minier is masterful at creating the constantly changing emotional landscape, drawing the reader in, providing a sense of confidence about the ...more
Carol
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't Turn Out The Lights by Bernard Minier

You did nothing...

Christine Steinmeyer thought the anonymous suicide note she found in her mailbox on Christmas Eve wasnt meant for her. But the man calling in to her radio show seems convinced otherwise.

You let her die...

Thats only the beginning. Bit by bit, her life is turned upside down. But who among her friends and family hates her enough to want to destroy her? And why? Its as if someone has taken over her life and everything holding it together
Astrid
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Well, I liked the first one in the series a lot, had some issues with the second one but still liked it, and figured out early on with this one that the trend continues. This one was just ok because the people in this book all behaved like morons, including the cops. And the little twist at the end was so obvious I had to laugh. And don't get me started on the dog, that's a big no-no. I've actually grown tired of supposedly smart people acting stupid and getting themselves into trouble. But I ...more
Mark Ellis
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third in Minier's superb Commandant Servaz series is an extremely clever and entertaining thriller. A Toulouse radio presenter suddenly has her world torn apart by a mysterious antagonist. Despite losing almost everything of value in her life she somehow finds the strength to fight back. Martin Servaz emerges from a bout of severe depression to come to her aid. A marvellous thriller!
Ashley Gillan
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars.

What an amazing journey through madness, murder and opera, of all things.

This book is a mystery/thriller set in France, which grips you from the prologue and doesn't let up until the epilogue. It's the type of book that makes you look forward to picking it up again.

It's the third in a series, but can definitely be read as a standalone, which is how I read it.

There are two main storylines: A depressed, on-leave cop starts receiving strange packages which lead him to the suicide of a
Cat Jenkins
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When did it become de rigueur to try to manipulate your reader's sensibilities by depicting the torture, maiming and death of beloved pets?

Disturbingly, I have encountered this with increasing frequency lately. So, I almost stopped reading this book on something like page two when the man consigns his dog to being ripped apart by wolves. Doesn't just put the dog out there, though. The writer makes sure you understand the animal's loyal heart and devotion that are so betrayed by his owner.
Elite Group
A novel with a few twists

Christine Steinmayer thought the suicide note she found in her mailbox on Christmas Eve wasnt meant for her. But the man calling into her radio show seems to be convinced otherwise.

This is the 3rd book in the series and I havent read the others, so some of the incidental areas were over my head. Apart from that the story can be read as a stand-alone book.

Why only 3 stars? Well although the plot was very good it was a very long book and sometimes it was like wading
Lori
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only thought it was okay. Will not look for his other books
Jim
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward, I can't wait until 'Martin Servaz' number 4!
ana
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Todd Simpson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another amazing book by Bernard Minier. Ive really enjoyed the first two books in this series, and this one is just as good. Besides having a great plot, the unpredictability of the story is what really appealed to me. I also enjoyed the background and detail the Author has put into the characters.
Christine Steinmeiers life was pretty good, she had a man she loved and a job that she quite enjoyed. However, someone was beginning to mess with her perfect world, and her life was starting
Rowena Hoseason
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
In a series of intricate and explicitly unpleasant plot reversals and psychological sleight of hand, DTOTL explores the twisted sinews of jealousy, manipulation and possession at their most extreme. Is it possible to degrade the self-esteem of a confidant young woman to the point where, hopeless, isolated and despairing, she might end her own life?

I almost quit on this book after the first quarter or so, tiring of the terribly fashionable on-the-zeitgeist stalking of a supposedly intelligent and
Holly
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a little while to get into this book....felt like a really weird beginning. By the time I got to around page 100 it all started to become clear - so don't give up. Many twists and turns happen within this book. As soon as you feel you've got a handle on this psychological thriller, someone throws in a twist and you are off on a new tangent. Obviously the book is in a series because there were numerous references to people who I had not met in this book. Probably would have made a lot ...more
Ching-Bing-Ping
I had earlier liked The Frozen Dead, but The Circle had a mixed effect on me, as the I found it long and uninteresting at times, but Bernard Minier bangs right back with this third installment. The book is a perfect example of a mystery leading you up a path, where you mutter to yourself , "I know the culprit, even before the book has gone 2/3rd" but the massive twist awaits you in the end.
Once again I am in awe of the character of Martin Servaz, and here comes out as a broken man, who rises
Ellen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller, france
Okay okay. This third Servaz mystery was not put-down-able. Hardly light reading. In any sense of the word. This was a twisted ride down the blackest paths of a victim being driven insane. Victims. Who? Right. Horrible, hideous, monstrous. And that was the cheerful side. Don't bother trying to figure out a damn thing. You just have to keep reading. And finally. There's a clue. To the mystery that you thought was solved in Minier's 2nd novel.
Barbara Nutting
This was tough to rate - very ambivalent! 392 pages of violence, sex and profanity - I stuck with it because I wanted to see how it turned out - wouldnt read any more by this author. The characters were shallow, naive and downright stupid - I like a thriller that could feasibly be true - not this one. Again, we have Christine, Cordelia and Celia, hard to keep straight and Leo AKA Leonard - cmon, give me a break!! ...more
adi
this book is a mess!!!!

(view spoiler)
Eduard Kutscher
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I couldn't stop reading. For me there are only 2 flaws:
1. What happens in the second half it's quite predictible, at least I had it so.
2. I expected and wanted more of Julian Hirtmann.
I hope I won't have to wait a long time for the next book. I am eager to know how the relations between Servaz and Hirtmann will go on...
Matthew Ogborn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different approach to this third book in the Servaz series with the bulk of it focused on the women in peril while our protagonist tries to put the pieces together in the background. Minier ratchets up the tension wonderfully with the potential antagonist hard to pin down until deep into the action.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Angor (Franck Sharko, #6)
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)
  • Rêver
  • Le Cri
  • Die Opfer, die man bringt
  • Atomka (Franck Sharko, #5)
  • Victim Without a Face (Fabian Risk, #1)
  • Golden Cage
  • Krv nie je voda
  • Les jumeaux de Piolenc
  • On la trouvait plutôt jolie
  • Code 93
  • Nullpunkt
  • Surface
  • Uglen (Holger Munch og Mia Kruger #2)
  • Pasienten
  • Pandemia (Franck Sharko, #7)
  • Offrens offer
Bernard Minier grew up in the foothills of the French Pyrenees. He had a career as a customs official before publishing his first novel, The Frozen Dead, in 2011. The novel has been translated into a dozen languages and has garnered critical acclaim as well as several literary prizes in France. Minier lives in the Essonne, south of Paris.
(source www.bookbrowse.com)

Commandant Martin Servaz (6 books)
  • The Frozen Dead (Commandant Martin Servaz, #1)
  • The Circle (Commandant Martin Servaz, #2)
  • Nuit (Commandant Martin Servaz, #4)
  • Soeurs (Commandant Martin Servaz, #5)
  • La vallée