Start by marking “Bad Penny (Smart Sexy Nerds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Penny (Smart Sexy Nerds, #1)

Bad Penny (San Francisco Nights #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Penny is happy, settled…and in a rut. A dominatrix in San Francisco for the last ten years, she has a great roommate, a fascinating job, a big comic book collection, and not too much else. But she’s happy enough, and change is so hard… Too bad that, whether she likes it or not, change is coming.

Her asexual best friend and landlord wants kids…with her, preferably. Her favo
ebook, 1st edition, 271 pages
Published June 7th 2016 by Jocelyn Adler

To ask other readers questions about Bad Penny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Penny

Lia   Covington
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received from the author in exchange for an honest review of her work.

Bad Penny is about Penny a settled dominatrix in the heart of San Francisco, working in the kinky community. Penny is happy, and why shouldn’t she be? She has an interesting job, a great landlord who just so happens to be her roommate and best friend, honestly life is prefect. Just when Penny believed her life is perfectly stable, everything has to change! Her best friend/landlord wants kids, G-R-E-A-T. Then her boss wants h
Rebecca
Aug 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book for the most part, but ultimately felt let down with the potential that it had. The main character, Penny, is great. She's fun, she's unabashedly geeky, and she has great relationships that we get to experience from her point of view. I do wish that we could have learned more about some of the other characters we meet, especially those that take center stage with Penny, as what was left out of this novel made it less enjoyable for me, especially at one point described below.

M
Kris
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, wrrt
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I like Penny for the most part. I found her likeable enough as a main character but never did love her character. She does have some humorous thoughts and she's sweet & geeky but I wasn't finding her super dominating. She sees a therapist, there's hints at some troubled past but never really gets delved into in this book. Her job as a dominatrix could have been more interesting, I think, it seemed to get too technical and a li
Nicole Chu
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved this book.
I am so over quick romance novels that skip the substance or give you the same old villains and drama.
Penny is a strong amazing female character trying to find out who she is outside of her job.
She wants to figure out if all she can be is her job and will she ever get the “normal” happily ever after.
Penny being a dominatrix is a fascinating career and I loved that we got to experience her clients with her.
I also love the side characters as well.
The happy ending isn’t th
Karla Schneider
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite type of read. A heartwarming plot with some bdsm on the side, well in this case it was like extra vanilla pretending to be bdsm. But this book was very metaphoric, almost poetic. Excessive detail in every action and feeling. Not better than the crass and heart thumping kink I'm used to reading per say, more mature rather, and leaving me satisfied at the end. It was a wonderful book. I'm sure everybody can relate; when you're thrusting hard and sweating profusely but can't cli ...more
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot, smart, and nerdy. Penny reminds me of my college friends, like headon. A fun shortish read that is eager to teach the basics of the scene by offering an approachable character. Would recommend as novel and erotica.
dommebooks
I stayed up late to finish this book. It's great. Penny has a lot going on in her life - don't we all - but this was intense and emotional. Worth a read.
Stone Bell
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author.

I enjoyed it immensely! I love Penny, and the storyline was very agreeable to me. Penny was very realistically geeky, in the way where being a fan is a noticeable part of her life and the way she thinks. Her friends, coworkers, clients, and romantic partner all seemed like real people with real personalities.

It was a bit more of a story about Penny than I expected. I went in thinking it would be more about her relationship with a single romantic le
Margaret Smith
is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2018
Cindy
Mar 10, 2018
Jocelyn Adler is a mild-mannered librarian by day, and a mild-mannered author by night. She enjoys spicy books and spicy foods, and writing spicy fiction for the betterment of the world.

Jocelyn just released the second novel in the Nerds series ("Bad Decisions," coming out Oct. 2017), which stars Tabitha, Jason, and a new character named Nathan.

The first chapter of Bad Decisions is available for f