Start by marking “Trapped” as Want to Read:
Trapped

Trapped

On the way to investigate a fugitive sighting, 21-year-old news intern Aubrey Kent is injured when an unexpected storm destroys the newscopter—along with the rest of the crew.

Now, stranded in the Canadian wilderness and on the brink of death, Aubrey is rescued by a handsome stranger whose cold disposition is as frightening as the remote cabin in which he lives. With no way
318 pages
Published October 28th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped

Selene
This is my first time reading this author's work and I enjoyed it! The storyline is a great departure from my usual round of erotica, but it's written well: some suspense, action, mystery, and intrigue are involved. There were some noticeable editing issues, but they weren't great enough to prevent me from finishing the story.

The POV is singular, steamy times start at around 80%, and I can see how the ending could cause some readers to hate this book. For me, it worked! Enjoyed!
Julia
This had so many elements I adore in romance! Loved the Hero and the heroine was endearing.

Safety
(view spoiler)
Roxy
Nov 02, 2016 Roxy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A heartfelt read with lots of suspense. Highly recommended.
Mette
Nov 02, 2016 Mette rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to beat around the bush; I’ll just come right out and say it.

This book has left me with my mouth hanging open, and I don’t know what to do with myself! I have no idea what I just read, all I know is that it was incredibly beautiful and not at all what I had expected.

description

Aubrey is an intern at a news station, and she is on the news helicopter when it crashes in the northern Canada. Everyone onboard is killed except Aubrey who Jack saves out of the burning ruins of the helicopter. Jack l
Lauren
Oct 21, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading this book prior to its release date and I'm so grateful. I've never read a "cabin romance" before so maybe I'm a little biased, but I really loved this read. What really worked for me was the wild, winter setting and the feeling of adventure that came with it.

Jack and Aubrey were great characters and I think Amanda Lance did a nice job of exploring survivor's guilt as well as PTSD. The relationships between the protagonists and the secondary characters were also w
Tabby
Oct 31, 2016 Tabby rated it it was amazing
Awesome read.
Beth
Nov 03, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing
Love! Love! Love!
Lindsey
Nov 07, 2016 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
An "edge of your seat" thriller with lots of romance. Highly recommended.
Mel
Oct 25, 2016 Mel rated it liked it
3 “Lucky” stars!

Aubrey Kent, an intern at the CCRB news station in Seattle, thinks she is was lucky to be chosen to join the news team on a trip to Canada to follow up on lead for a high profile case. She doesn’t think she is lucky anymore when she ends up in a cabin far away from civilization after surviving the horrible helicopter crash in northern Canada.

Upon waking, she meets Jack Gordon, the mysterious stranger that lives in the house. At first, Jack comes across as a harsh, brooding, uncar
Shelley
Nov 04, 2016 Shelley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
*4.5 Stars

There’s nothing quite like a good survival book to keep you on the edge of your seat. Trapped pulled me into Aubrey’s terrifying story right from the beginning and kept me riveted to the pages.

Whenever I read a survival story, I like to put myself in the shoes of the protagonist. What would I do if I was trapped in the wilderness with a stranger? How would I cope with the knowledge that I was the only one to survive the crash? Would survivor’s guilt, my injuries, my desolate surroundin
Kahea
I finished this book a few days ago and have been trying to put the words together to get a semi coherent review accomplished. Now some would believe that it’s because I didn’t like the book, which is far from the truth. In fact I really enjoyed it and had a hard time putting it down. The issue stems from the ending. It wasn’t bad, not at all, but it was so damn logical that it left me in limbo where I agreed with it, I honestly couldn’t help it, but I didn’t want to.

Being hand picked to be apa
Sara
Nov 02, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it
Trapped was a nice surprise for me. A great romantic suspense novel that throws in quite a twist near the end.

Aubrey is trapped in the wilderness and gets rescued by Jack, a handsome loner with a secret. Aubrey becomes his reluctant roommate as the winter tolls on leaving the both stranded. As the time passes, they develop a tentative friendship that slowly morphs into more. But his secret threatens everything.

I loved the slow build of their relationship. Despite their differences, they seemed
NightRider
Nov 06, 2016 NightRider rated it did not like it
The ending ruined it for me. Some people might like it or tolerate it. Me? Not so much. I don't think I will be reading any more of her work, not when 2 out of 3 stories that I have read had bad endings, in my opinion.

Emilia
Oct 30, 2016 Emilia rated it it was amazing
I completely devoured this story. Loaded with thrills and chills, Jack and Aubrey's story kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first page. The romance itself is fantastic, but I also like how the author addresses some more serious issues as well.
This is definitely one of the more unique romances I've read lately so if you're looking for something different, you should check this one out.
Rachel Campbell
Didn't like the ending

The pace was slow. Things finally started to move along and then it needed...poorly in my opinion.
All in all...it left me disappointed
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Trapped was incredibly well-paced. It wasted no time in jumping into the plot, there was sufficient time given for Aubrey and Jack to bond, and the aftermath of the “reveal” was sorted out without feeling rushed at all.

Aubrey is a news intern who was following a lead on a fugitive sighting in Canada when the helicopter she was on went down. Jack rescued her, the sole survivor of the crash, and brought her back to his cabin to nurse her back to recovery. With no way to get help due to
Books Laid Bare
Oct 31, 2016 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
So, let’s just get this out of the way first and perhaps you will get a flavour of where this review is going. To the author…. Is there going to be another book?
From the first page, I was knee deep in a story that I just couldn’t put down. My day took on a hostage situation as I fell foul of the fact that my life was simple on hold for the day, thank the lord I picked this up on a weekend!
The author pitched this book, full to the brim with so much angst and attitude that there were times where
CYNDY
Dec 22, 2016 CYNDY rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
****5 Lucky Stars*****
So I finished this book a while ago I haven’t be able to write my review because I could not my words together to write this review and it’s not because I didn’t like this book no I enjoyed this book; I could not stop reading it once I started it and I’m kind of mad that I don’t know if there is a part 2 because there defiantly can be a part 2 and this is my first read for this author and I was hooked. Aubrey Kent is an intern at CCRB new station and was chosen to join one
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Review is also here: http://iloveromanticfiction.com/2016/...

Main characters: Aubrey Kent, (ambitious would-be reporter and our heroine) Jack Golden (secretive hero and man with a dark past...)

Jack cracked his knuckles, clearly unprepared for what he wanted to say. “I—I don’t want to get attached to you. I can’t stand the idea of missing you when you go.”

Plot: When Aubrey Kent joined her news team on an assignment somewhere near the Canadian border, she could not have foreseen the disastrous con
Chasing Away Reality
Nov 03, 2016 Chasing Away Reality rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Readers Copy of this book.

Chapter 1 pulled me in almost immediately! I couldn't wait to find out who this mysterious man was. Was he the guy they got the tip on? Or was he just some innocent man needing the solitude that the Canadian wilderness provided? I found Trapped to be quite unique and interesting. It's completely written from Aubrey's voice, so we go through the entire book living the trauma of the crash, the unknowns surrounding her survival, and the m
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
I am officially ready for winter now. I want snow, cold, and to be able to be bundled up under a big blanket next to a blazing fire. This book was definitely new territory for me. This was not a sweet romance where everything is tied up in a cute little bow. There are twists and turns that were surprising, heartbreaking, anxiety causing, and loving.

I enjoyed Aubrey for the most part. She goes through a horrific accident and ends up in the middle of nowhere, in a huge snow storm, alone in a cabi
Melissa King
Nov 02, 2016 Melissa King rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Trapped by Amanda Lance is the first book that I've read of hers and it won't be my last.
Be warned you'll be drawn in the minute you start reading, it’s emotional and suspenseful but it will leave you wanting more.

Aubrey Kent is only twenty-one, petite in stature, with blond hair, working as a news intern at CCRB. She has only been with them for just a couple of weeks when asked to go on a special assignment to take a helicopter flight with the news crew to Canada. After the helicopter goes down
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Where do I even start? Instantly hooked into this book. It started out light, a bit funny as I was getting to know some of the characters and then WHAM a major turn of events, which led to more serious topics of PTSD and Survivors Guilt. It had me searching for every opportunity to keep reading. I read in line at the grocery store, in a dark corner at Fright Fest with my kids while waiting in line for a haunted house…….I finished it at 3 am. ☺

Jack is secretive and moody, there’s something about
Susan
Oct 29, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing
Read on behalf of The Book Lover’s Emporium

Jack is se
2OCC Reviews
Oct 30, 2016 2OCC Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: gemma
Stars: 4

Trapped was an interesting read that had many twists throughout it. There was a lot of mystery to the book that left me wanting to know what was going to happen. Amanda Lance did a great job with the way that she wrote about the main character experiencing survivors’ guilt and PTSD from the plane crash.

The male character of the story Jack was mystery to me for most of the book. He didn’t give much away throughout most of the book, however as the story started to unfold, I found that I re
Romance Between The Sheets
Firstly love the cover.

This is going to be short and sweet as I do not want to give away any of the moments of pure suspense this story takes the reader on. I am so surprised as to how this story evolved and the two characters emotional tug of war. The ending left me shattered beyond belief and I walked around in a daze thinking what did I just take part in.

This is told from Aubrey's point of view and is perfect and flows just right, the build up to some really intense scenes left me on the edge
Donna Norman
Nov 03, 2016 Donna Norman rated it liked it
3.5 Lucky stars

I'm hoping that there is more to their story. I'm stuck in limbo with how to feel about the ending of this book. I agree with what happened and why it happened, doesn't mean I wanted it too. I'm so annoyed that it was left like that ! So I'm hoping there's more as I don't feel their story is over at least I hope it isn't.

Aubrey was a sassy carefree individual, who put up a good show, wasn't frightened of her circumstance and found herself gaining strength in the fact that she ha
Katie
Oct 29, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
5 star review

Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.

I absolutely loved this book! For me it was something out of my comfort zone – I love a good romance story but something about the synopsis of this book piqued my attention and I’m so glad I read it. I was hooked from the very beginning and the ending – oh my god I don’t even know how to put that into words! I still can’t make my mind up if I liked the ending or not and if there will be another book! I also really liked the setting
Sara Koelsch
Nov 01, 2016 Sara Koelsch rated it really liked it
This book started out good, I kinda felt it lulled a bit after, but it picked up pace again. I gave it 4 stars because in that lull I didn’t think I’d finish because it felt like a long time but it wasn’t long, realistically, for it to pick back up and I’m glad I finished it… it was a good book, a different book, not your typical romance. So if you feel like it starts to drag, give it a chance... it’ll turn around. That was my only complaint on this whole book.

Amanda Lance is a new-to-me author
Between the Coverz
Nov 04, 2016 Between the Coverz rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What a read!! This is a must read for anyone that enjoys a little romance mixed in with some suspense. I was hooked into this book from the beginning and just couldn’t put it down. This book has all sorts of emotions throughout. This book was not written full of fluff, flowers, and forever after.

Once you delve into the story and see the background history of the characters you get to know who they are and why they react and act like they do. You can see the pain that the characte
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A native of New Jersey and lifelong nerd, Amanda Lance completed her Master in Liberal Arts at Thomas Edison State College after her BA in English Literature and AFA in creative writing.

She currently resides in Easton Pennsylvania with her boyfriend and their spoiled dogs. She is a cliché booknerd who is terrible at math, clinically obsessive, and prone to addictive behavior. She may or may not be
More about Amanda Lance...