Start by marking “Trapped” as Want to Read:
Trapped

Trapped

On the way to investigate a fugitive sighting, 21-year-old news intern Aubrey Kent is injured when an unexpected storm destroys the newscopter—along with the rest of the crew.

Now, stranded in the Canadian wilderness and on the brink of death, Aubrey is rescued by a handsome stranger whose cold disposition is as frightening as the remote cabin in which he lives.
318 pages
Published October 28th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped

Start your review of Trapped
Selene
This is my first time reading this author's work and I enjoyed it! The storyline is a great departure from my usual round of erotica, but it's written well: some suspense, action, mystery, and intrigue are involved. There were some noticeable editing issues, but they weren't great enough to prevent me from finishing the story.

The POV is singular, steamy times start at around 80%, and I can see how the ending could cause some readers to hate this book. For me, it worked! Enjoyed!
Annika
description

Huh. Who would've thought that a book almost exclusively set in a remote cabin in the Canadian woods, starring basically no more than two characters could be so riveting? Certainly not me.
Sure, I'm a total sucker for the trapped trope - whether it be snowed in, stranded, or a broken down car - but mostly, these situations only serve as a catalyst for the ensuing romance. It's rather uncommen for them to serve as the entire plot.

Though there was an interesting little mystery side-plot going on, this story's main focus lie
Julia
This had so many elements I adore in romance! Loved the Hero and the heroine was endearing.

Safety
(view spoiler) ...more
Emilia
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I completely devoured this story. Loaded with thrills and chills, Jack and Aubrey's story kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first page. The romance itself is fantastic, but I also like how the author addresses some more serious issues as well.
This is definitely one of the more unique romances I've read lately so if you're looking for something different, you should check this one out.
NightRider
Nov 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
The ending ruined it for me. Some people might like it or tolerate it. Me? Not so much. I don't think I will be reading any more of her work, not when 2 out of 3 stories that I have read had bad endings, in my opinion.

Roxy
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A heartfelt read with lots of suspense. Highly recommended.
Ashley

This one was very fast paced once you got about 25% into it. I really never warmed up to Aubrey and it wasn't til nearly the end that I began to warm to Jack. I was moderately engaged (though the beginning was very slow), but I did quite a bit of eye rolling over how far fetched much of it was. (view spoiler) ...more
Lisa Houston
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was drawn to the lovely cover on the book. Read the description and the book sounded intriguing. I cannot complain at all. I loved the book. Right from the word go I was enthralled by it. Loved the 2 main characters. Loved watching how there relationship was built from nothing and not knowing one another to having to live side by side in the middle of nowhere. A huge test on the best of relationships. There were plenty twists and turns in the novel to keep your interest. Highly recommend this on ...more
Mette
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to beat around the bush; I’ll just come right out and say it.

This book has left me with my mouth hanging open, and I don’t know what to do with myself! I have no idea what I just read, all I know is that it was incredibly beautiful and not at all what I had expected.

description

Aubrey is an intern at a news station, and she is on the news helicopter when it crashe
Beth
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love! Love! Love!
Lauren
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading this book prior to its release date and I'm so grateful. I've never read a "cabin romance" before so maybe I'm a little biased, but I really loved this read. What really worked for me was the wild, winter setting and the feeling of adventure that came with it.

Jack and Aubrey were great characters and I think Amanda Lance did a nice job of exploring survivor's guilt as well as PTSD. The relationships between the protagonists and the secondary characters were also w
Rachel Campbell
Didn't like the ending

The pace was slow. Things finally started to move along and then it needed...poorly in my opinion.
All in all...it left me disappointed
Lindsey
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An "edge of your seat" thriller with lots of romance. Highly recommended.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Aubrey Kent is a news intern and is traveling with a crew to Canada for an interview when the weather caused the helicopter to crash and only she survives. She is rescued by a stranger who takes her to his cabin. The weather and their remote location keeps them from getting help.

Lots of potential. The story itself was intriguing but the execution was a little rough. It was written in the first person point of view of Aubrey. There were times I would have liked to get Jack's point of
Heather 123
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I would have rated this book higher if it wasn't for the ending, unfortunately that ruined it for me.

Aside from the abrupt, unfinished ending that leaves the reader hanging, the story was slow moving and fairly predictable. There was a lot of inner dialogue, where I would have preferred the characters talking to one another instead. At times it was boring and I found myself skipping pages just to move the story along.

And then there's the ending.

WTF?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
Mel
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3 “Lucky” stars!

Aubrey Kent, an intern at the CCRB news station in Seattle, thinks she is was lucky to be chosen to join the news team on a trip to Canada to follow up on lead for a high profile case. She doesn’t think she is lucky anymore when she ends up in a cabin far away from civilization after surviving the horrible helicopter crash in northern Canada.

Upon waking, she meets Jack Gordon, the mysterious stranger that lives in the house. At first, Jack comes across as a harsh, brooding, uncaring individual but it t
Shelley
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
*4.5 Stars

There’s nothing quite like a good survival book to keep you on the edge of your seat. Trapped pulled me into Aubrey’s terrifying story right from the beginning and kept me riveted to the pages.

Whenever I read a survival story, I like to put myself in the shoes of the protagonist. What would I do if I was trapped in the wilderness with a stranger? How would I cope with the knowledge that I was the only one to survive the crash? Would survivor’s guilt, my injuries, my de
Kahea
I finished this book a few days ago and have been trying to put the words together to get a semi coherent review accomplished. Now some would believe that it’s because I didn’t like the book, which is far from the truth. In fact I really enjoyed it and had a hard time putting it down. The issue stems from the ending. It wasn’t bad, not at all, but it was so damn logical that it left me in limbo where I agreed with it, I honestly couldn’t help it, but I didn’t want to.

Being hand picked to be apa
Sara
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Trapped was a nice surprise for me. A great romantic suspense novel that throws in quite a twist near the end.

Aubrey is trapped in the wilderness and gets rescued by Jack, a handsome loner with a secret. Aubrey becomes his reluctant roommate as the winter tolls on leaving the both stranded. As the time passes, they develop a tentative friendship that slowly morphs into more. But his secret threatens everything.

I loved the slow build of their relationship. Despite their differences, they seemed
Barb
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Lance has written a thriller, “Trapped”. I read this as fast as I could because I just had to know the outcome.

Aubrey is flying with a news crew to check out rumors that a mob hit man is holed up in the Canadian wilderness with the mob and the law after him. The weather turns deadly and the helicopter goes down. All are killed but Aubrey, who wakes up in a remote cabin with an uncaring man. It seems that he has rescued her from the wreckage, patched up her wounds and is stuck
Book Him Danno
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars out of 5

This is the first time I have read anything by Amanda Lance and while I can't was I will read more by this author I can say this book has stayed with me since I finished.

The characters are stuck between being complex and unimaginable. Crazy I know. Aubrey is likable but at the same time the author created scenes that I felt I had read more than one in the book. While I enjoyed the character development at times it felt like the book was on repeat.

The story moved
Melissa Borsey
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Aubrey is the sole survivor when the newscopter she was riding in crashes. She wakes in a cabin in severe pain and no memory of the crash. At first she is afraid of the man who pulled her from the wreckage but the longer she is trapped in the cabin with him the more attached she becomes and then she discovers who he really is. I thought this was an interesting story filled with suspense and romance. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Rosemary
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg this is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat !!! A fast read you wont want to put down..without spoiling anything,I will say...I loved and hated the ending. I hope there will be a book #2 !
Mădălina Manolache
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I hate the ending ....
Patty
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trapped by Amanda Lance is a unique thriller/romance. Aubrey Kent is an intern for a news station. Aubrey was in a helicopter that crashes in the snow, on the way to do a story with her co workers. Aubrey wakes up in a strangers cabin. Is he there to help or hurt her. This book has more twists and turns, that kept me reading page after page. Not sure what I think of the ending. Very interesting book that I recommend for people who like mystery thrillers.

I received this book in exchan
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Trapped was incredibly well-paced. It wasted no time in jumping into the plot, there was sufficient time given for Aubrey and Jack to bond, and the aftermath of the “reveal” was sorted out without feeling rushed at all.

Aubrey is a news intern who was following a lead on a fugitive sighting in Canada when the helicopter she was on went down. Jack rescued her, the sole survivor of the crash, and brought her back to his cabin to nurse her back to recovery. With no way to get help due/>4.5
Books Laid Bare
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, let’s just get this out of the way first and perhaps you will get a flavour of where this review is going. To the author…. Is there going to be another book?
From the first page, I was knee deep in a story that I just couldn’t put down. My day took on a hostage situation as I fell foul of the fact that my life was simple on hold for the day, thank the lord I picked this up on a weekend!
The author pitched this book, full to the brim with so much angst and attitude that there were times
CYNDY
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
****5 Lucky Stars*****
So I finished this book a while ago I haven’t be able to write my review because I could not my words together to write this review and it’s not because I didn’t like this book no I enjoyed this book; I could not stop reading it once I started it and I’m kind of mad that I don’t know if there is a part 2 because there defiantly can be a part 2 and this is my first read for this author and I was hooked. Aubrey Kent is an intern at CCRB new station and was chosen to joi
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Review is also here: http://iloveromanticfiction.com/2016/...

Main characters: Aubrey Kent, (ambitious would-be reporter and our heroine) Jack Golden (secretive hero and man with a dark past...)

Jack cracked his knuckles, clearly unprepared for what he wanted to say. “I—I don’t want to get attached to you. I can’t stand the idea of missing you when you go.”

Plot: When Aubrey Kent joined her news team on an assignment somewhere near the Canadian border, she could not have foreseen the disastrous cons

• The Cabin
  • If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Wicked Game
  • Up Close and Dangerous
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Two Alone
  • Cry No More
  • Winter Fire (Maxwells, #2) (Only, #6)
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13)
  • Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
  • Grievous (Scarlet Scars, #2)
  • Withering Hope
  • Wanderlust
A native of New Jersey and lifelong nerd, Amanda Lance completed her Master in Liberal Arts at Thomas Edison State College after her BA in English Literature and AFA in creative writing.

She currently resides in Easton Pennsylvania with her boyfriend and their spoiled dogs. She is a cliché booknerd who is terrible at math, clinically obsessive, and prone to addictive behavior. She may o