Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Journey: A Pride & Prejudice Variation” as Want to Read:
Mr. Darcy's Journey: A Pride & Prejudice Variation

Mr. Darcy's Journey: A Pride & Prejudice Variation

Mr. Darcy is at his wits’ end. Elizabeth Bennet, the woman he can’t live without, overhears him insulting her family. Now she won’t even listen to his apologies. Then his old friend Sir Anthony Duxbury tells him two of their friends are in terrible danger. If Darcy wants to help them, they have to leave for Yorkshire immediately.

But something doesn’t add up. Elizabeth clai
Published June 10th 2016 by White Soup Press

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Darcy's Journey, please sign up.
Cathy No, it is mostly an adventure story and any romantic content is clean.

Debbie Brown
Shelves: 2016-jaff, jaff
This is a Pride and Prejudice adventure, with the addition of several interesting new characters. In Kent, Colonel Fitzwilliam comes with his sister, Lady Frederica, and his mother, Lady Matlock, as well as Mr. Darcy. Frederica, an assertive, lively young lady, becomes friends with Elizabeth. Sir Anthony Duxbury (who Elizabeth had previously met as Mr. Hopewell) comes to Rosings to ask Darcy, his old classmate, a favor, not realizing that Frederica and Lady Matlock are in residence. Two other sc ...more
Eliza Baum
Another winner from Abigail Reynolds! There was less angst than some of her others, and a healthy dose of adventure to replace it, which I absolutely adored. I'm always a sucker for having an involved Fitzwilliam family, and every member portrayed here was delightful. I loved the way their travels played out, the ways that Darcy and Elizabeth became closer almost by accident(view spoiler), and all ...more
Sheila Majczan
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth wants to get out of Meryton. The local gossips are painting her as a woman jilted and she has run out of patience. With her father’s agreement and a maid servant as a chaperone she is to take the stage to London. But when riding to town in a carriage makes Nelly sick, Elizabeth flaunts customs and decides that since there are several other women on the stage she will forge on. As the women get off at subsequent stops, as a cleric makes advances and then rain and ice force the stage to ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
I listened to an audio version narrated by Elizabeth Klett. I felt she did an amazing job. It kept me entertained, I liked her voice and she kept a good pace. One thing though was Darcy's voice at times. He had a drawl and sounded so proud. Which he is of course, and it did seem to go away as the book progressed and he learned his ways.

In this one Lizzy is swept away by events. Straight into the boisterous Fitzwilliam family, and it was great seeing them. The colonel of course, a sister with opi
Margie's Must Reads
Abigail Reynolds is the QUEEN of Pride and Prejudice Variations. I have never once been disappointed in one of her novels. How she does it, I will never know! She takes our favorite literary couple and manages to breathe new life into them EVERY SINGLE TIME!! She is AMAZING! Mr. Darcy's Journey was captivating! A MUST READ for all Janeites!
Talia
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it though not much of a romance novel more of an adventure.

Reread: I got the print copy and loved it that much more. Love holding a book. The story is fantastic. Lady Matlock is fabulous. Everything terrific!
Tina
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is another great book from Ms. Reynolds.

Rating: 4 1/2 stars out of 5
Claudine DiMuzio / Just Jane 1813
How will their travels to Northern England possibly compromise Darcy and Elizabeth’s future?

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

Source: I received an ARC of this story from the author for a fair and honest review.

When I started reading JAFF, I had no clue about how to navigate my way through learning all of the authors and titles within this subgenre. Hence, I spent an exhaustive amount of hours combing through websites and on Amazon, reading everything I could find in an attempt to gain some sort of basi
Teresita
Shelves: jaff
A fast paced adventure full of surprises!! In this story Elizabeth is kept on her toes with one after another crisis and adventure! I really loved how she learns to appreciate a different view of Darcy through his actions and his family.

Word of advice, don't start reading this story if you may have to put it down to do something else... just saying...
Dung
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: austen-inspried
Love the Fitzwilliam clan and some of the new characters, especially her honorary brother.
Susan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Elizabeth Bennet has finally arrived at the Hunsford Parsonage leaving a bereft Jane at the Gardiners. Soon events mean that Darcy, Elizabeth and members of the Fitzwilliam family are heading north. A north threatened with riots.
No wonder is Darcy is quiet with such a troublesome family like the Fitzwilliams as relations, but adorable too. A lovely, well-written story with a few added characters.
Nicole Clarkston
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, Abigail never disappoints! This was a thrilling, moderately angsty ride from start to finish. Elizabeth was strong yet properly ladylike, Darcy utterly smitten as he should be. I LOVED the whole Fitzwilliam family! What a hoot! Thanks for the enjoyment, Abigail.
Charlene
Rebellious journey

Awesome! Ms Reynolds has done it again! Unbelievable story, I don't know how she does it!

Well the tangled web in which Elizabeth and Darcy are caught up in involves the rebellious Luddite movement.

Though the story starts out innocently enough, Lizzy is jilted by Wickham and everyone is gossiping about it. So when Jane who is in London falls very ill, Lizzy leaves to help care for her at the Gardiners. While in London she runs into Darcy and his sister at the lending library. T
wosedwew
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Morality is a private and costly luxury -- Henry B. Adams

History was current events In Jane Austen's time -- the changing from an agrarian to an industrial world, the constant war with the little general and the beginning of labor strikes.

Jane Austen wrote about none of these things instead keeping her works to the important matters of love and finding lifelong happiness.

In this book, Ms. Reynolds has corrected Austen's omission and covered the problems with child labor and other practices in th
Jenny
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure this book is!! I don't even know how to summarise the plot... we start in Meryton where Elizabeth is apparently jilted by Wickham. Jane is jilted by Bingley and then sent to the Gardiner's to mend her broken heart but things get worse for her there. Elizabeth meets Darcy in London, then again at Rosings but he is not just with the Colonel but Lady Matlock and his sister, Lady Frederick as well. They all travel to Sheffield where they get caught up in riots before going to Pembe ...more
EM Clark
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Up all night to finish it!

Well, it has been a good while since I stayed up until 3am to finish a book! (Not that I haven't on a few occasions in the last year, mind you) This is so fascinating, a little bit of historical fiction, with such lovable new(ish) characters to join ODC in participating. The Fitzwilliams of this tale are just a riot! Darcy is such a sweet person, even if he keeps that mostly to himself, that I almost cried from his lonely childhood memories a few times. However, he's al
Cathy
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, owned
I listened to this on audible and it was quite a journey! This story had so much historical background that it became a bit heavy at times. However, there were many amusements and adventures that kept me at the edge of my seat. The romance between ODC took many twists and turns but it was more sweet than angsty. As always, Reynolds had done her research thoroughly and kept me entertained. I only wish that it had had more romance, but other than that it was a good story.
Carole (in Canada)
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: JAFF, Historical Romance
Shelves: variations
Hang on to your bonnet! This is a madcap action packed romp from Kent to the north of England for Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy and his 'fighting Fitzwilliam' family! It all starts out with Elizabeth being annoyed with the defection of Mr. Wickham's attentions. Not because her heart is injured, but for the pitying looks of the neighbourhood. Jane Bennet is already in London with the Gardiners after Mr. Bingley has quit Netherfield. However, it is when Elizabeth receives a letter from Aunt Gardiner ...more
Nicol Legakis
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm afraid this wasn't my favorite Abigail Reynolds book. It read too much like a Georgette Heyer novel (which is fun and quirky but doesn't mesh with the seriousness of the Luddite movement). Also, the ebook is in major need of editing.

On a positive note, I LOVED Countess Matlock! What a great character.

I didn't get to see enough Lizzy and Darcy interaction to feel a deep connection and Lizzy behaved oddly. Also, Jane's character and actions seemed very out of place.

It was a fun read though
Vaarin
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this "what if" book of pride and prejudice. Thrilling New angel with interesting historical events. Meeting colonel Fitzwilliam sister Frederica Who becomes Elisabeths friend and encourages her to travel north with her and among others the taciturn mr Darcy. Encountering riots, social problems and matters of the heart...
Madenna U
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will be reading this one again. I could not put this book Down. This was not your classic Elizabeth and Darcy tale, but historical fiction told using my favorite characters. There was still all the classic misunderstandings, but so much more.
Brittany
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Been awhile, but I am back!

My husband and I actually both tackled this one. Made for interesting conversation. I loved the extra characters, and I loved the story about the riots and Luddites. However, I sometimes felt these passages long-winded. Especially when they were making plans to build a good factory.

Elizabeth also switched from hating Darcy to loving him without much in between, but I think that's often a struggle in some JAFF books. It's hard to slowly build her feelings, so it's a l
Mili Fay
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This story got lost in the politics.

Writing: 5 Stars;
Characters: 4 Stars;
Plot: 2.5 Stars;
Entertaining: 3 Stars;
Read again? No.

Total: 3 Stars

I love the author’s work and I liked this book, but I would have enjoyed it more if it focused less on the plight of the common man and more on the relationship between Elizabeth and Darcy.

Some scenes were far too horrific to be treated as flippantly as they have been, while I find some of the behaviour too ridiculous.

This one could do with content editing
Jean Stillman
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved It! This variation was action packed and entertaining from beginning to end! There are new characters and new situations for our favorite couple to get to cope with. Elizabeth is fraught with situations that she has little choice but to deal with, even though she sees them as compromising for her. The book deals with human rights of the period and also women's rights. The only part of the tale that I found myself wanting of was Jane's situation. Otherwise, a great story!
Candy Walker
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
P & P history lesson

I enjoyed reading this Pride and Prejudice variation as it introduced some of the political issues facing the common people of that time. I’d like to imagine the Matlock’s, Darcy’s, and Gardner’s would have been on the side of the common folks as they were in this book.
Chelsea
This was another really enjoyable Pride & Prejudice Variation by Abigail Reynolds. I love Lady Matlock in this book as well as all the Fiztwilliams and seeing how Darcy and Elizabeth bond as they deal with all the chaos that winds up happening throughout the story. The epilogue at the end was really cute as well.
Michele Packard-milam
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well-written Variation

This is a very enjoyable P&P variation, with an interesting plot and memorable characters. The unrest around the introduction of mechanized looms creates an intriguing backdrop. I really like this author’s approach and will read more of her work.
Donna Sanders
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

The author has done a marvellous job at presenting a P&P variation with a different look and feel. Wonderfully written and well worth the read. She never disappoints. Thank you
Staciel
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

Nice read for fans of Jane Austen fan fiction.
Ginger Lane
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Loved this variation on Darcy and Elizabeth. Austen would be proud. And it was exciting to learn all about the Fitzwilliam family.

Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 25, 2016 06:19PM
  • A Quest for Mr Darcy
  • When They Fall in Love: Darcy and Elizabeth in Italy
  • The Many Lives of Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • An Unwavering Trust
  • He Taught Me to Hope (Darcy and the Young Knight's Quest #1)
  • A Peculiar Connection: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Red Chrysanthemum
  • Mr. Darcy to the Rescue: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Darcy Monologues
  • Promises
  • The Companion of His Future Life
  • Bluebells in the Mourning
  • Mr. Darcy's Pledge: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (The Darcy Novels, #1)
  • A Noteworthy Courtship
Abigail Reynolds may be a nationally bestselling author and a physician, but she can’t follow a straight line with a ruler. Originally from upstate New York, she studied Russian and theater at Bryn Mawr College and marine biology at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole. After a stint in performing arts administration, she decided to attend medical school, and took up writing as a hobby d ...more
“But I am supposed to travel to the Lakes with my aunt and uncle in June!"
Lady Matlock beamed. "All the better! They can collect you at Matlock Park. It is just off the North Road, and we would be delighted if they would break their journey with us."
This was beginning to feel like a kidnapping.”
0 likes