Start by marking “Cardiac (Jack Getty Thriller)” as Want to Read:
Cardiac (Jack Getty Thriller)

Cardiac (Jack Getty Thriller)

What if the one thing meant to keep you alive was used to kill you?

Embattled CEO Jack Getty is nervous. This is his final chance to save his company. He is announcing his firm's breakthrough discovery at the world’s largest annual biotech conference. A discovery that trials show will extend human life by 75%. But as Jack approaches the podium, he suffers a major heart att
Published May 23rd 2016 by DLW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cardiac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardiac

Dianne
Well, this one is going to make people look twice at the marvels of medicine! Imagine receiving a lifesaving medical device that could turn on you at the press of a key should someone decide you are in the way of their agenda?

Jack, a hard-driving, successful CEO is about to turn the world on its heels with a breakthrough biotech discovery. He is also facing a hostile takeover of his company. That was the perfect combination for a heart attack that nearly killed him. It was the latest WiFi enable
Whispering Stories
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book opens with the main character, CEO of a pharmaceutical company, Jack Getty about to give a speech to a large crowd at a conference regarding his company, where he sees it heading in the future, and their latest product.

Just before he goes on stage, Jack is given something to drink. He is told that it will stop his mouth from drying, and not let any mucus buildup in his throat during his speech. However, that is not all that was in the drink, subsequently Jack collapses on stage.

Blue lig
Joan
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the most captivating novel I have read in some time. The novel started out with a bang and the action never stopped. The twists and turns in the plot kept me pushing to the end.

This novel portrays the kind of nightmare no one wants to go through. Imagine having the latest wi-fi reporting pacemaker inserted in you only to find that someone has control over it. They want information from you and can torture you until you give in to their demands.

I really like Monaghan's writing style. Even
Kathleen Kelly
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cardiac starts out with CEO Jack Getty getting ready to take the stage to give a presentation of a new drug that could help with age longevity. He is offered a drink and shortly thereafter he experiences agonizing pain in his chest and the next thing he wakes up in a hospital room after having a pacemaker put in.

Now that in and of itself is not such a big thing, pacemakers are put in routinely. As Jack finds out, on the day he goes home from the hospital, he experiences chest pain again, it does
Jessica Bronder
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jack Getty is about to debut some cutting edge technology that has the possibility of extending human life. But on the day of the debut he has a heart attack and is fitted with a wifi controlled pacemaker. The problem arises when hackers get the control to Jack’s new pacemaker and start terrorizing him and his family. It becomes a race against time for Jack to figure out who is behind the plan and do what needs to be done to stop them from hurting Jack and his family.

This is an action packed rac
Babus Ahmed
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
After collapsing on stage at a convention Jack finds himself fitted with a cutting edge pacemaker, which has WiFi capabilities allowing his physician to monitor and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately the same feature is hacked and Jack is held to ransom by a mysterious group who have nefarious intentions.

Not knowing who to trust and protect, Jack and his family are terrorised as he tries to get to the bottom of who these people are and how to save his family and himself from their destruction.

I
Anne
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
It was a while ago since I’ve read a thriller and I’m usually happily surprised when I notice I’m turning the pages quickly to find out what happens next. “Why don’t I read more of these?!”, is something I ask myself then. Only to wait another 6-12 months before starting the next one. Ah, the intricate mind of a bookworm!

Cardiac2.jpg
My experience with this one started off nicely. I was sucked into the story and totally creeped out about the Wi-Fi enabled pacemaker. Imagine people being able to fiddle around
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whew! What a book! Being in a family that has frequent heart problems, Cardiac really makes you think about how advanced modern medicine can be. If I ever have to have a pacemaker some day I will probably be a bit of nervous wreck!

This is a great book. It is very action packed and it keeps you on your toes wanting more! I had a hard time putting it down! What is better than a book that you NEVER want to put down?! Not much!

Cardiac is a must read! Thanks so much, Jeff Monaghan, for sending this a
Conrad Samayoa
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tense. The agony of parents feeling they will never see their son again. The lights a parent would go to get to see his kid again.

Tense. Gripping. The agony of parents when their children go missing. Good plot. Shoes the dangers of opening unknown mail.
Kathleen
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Cardiac, the first book in the Jack Getty Thriller Series, author Jeffrey Monaghan weaves a fast-paced debut medical techno thriller set in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that follows Jack Getty, the CEO of Algen Incorporated, a biotech company, as he tries to protect his company from a hostile takeover, while dealing with a dangerous hacker group called Mentor, who has taken control over his body via manipulating the latest Wi-Fi enabled heart pacemaker implanted in his chest after he suffers a h ...more
G.J. Griffiths
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a new book from a new author and I greatly enjoyed reading it. As a thriller it had all of the expected ingredients one hopes to find: an intriguing plot with plenty of twists and turns; strong characters in Jack Getty and his family; believable dialogue throughout the novel and a fast moving, action-packed story with many unpredictable situations that drew me in. Most importantly for me, I was immediately captivated by the beginning of the book and happy with the final denouement at the ...more
Bethany Swafford
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
After a massive heart attack, Jack Getty is fitted with a wireless pacemaker, the most high tech one out there. As soon as he's home, he begins to suspect that all is not as it should be. This CEO finds himself in a race to protect not only his life, but the lives of his family.

This novel hits the ground running from the opening scene. I especially like that we are not given a long exposition about his background and life before the start, instead it is explained throughout the story. The charac
Stacey Schneller
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fast gripping page turner thriller that I really enjoyed reading this book. It was full of twists and turns. The author did a great job on this book and it left me thinking and wanting more.

The characters were great and and very believable and I could imagine them. This thriller story I felt like I was part of the story. This story had me on my toes.

If you are into a gripping page turner thriller this book is for you. You won’t be disappointed.

I received a ARC to give an honest review
Cheryl
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
Unbelievable! I am still having heart palpitations!

This book was a spine chilling nonstop action read!

Jack Getty, CEO, is about to make a medical breakthrough announcement. But someone else has a different plan. That somebody causes Jack to have an MI as he is about to walk on stage so that he will need a pacemaker, a new WiFi pacemaker. But he soon finds out that someone has control of his pacemaker and is causing him to suffer cardiac events unless he does what they want.

Murder, kidnapping an