Start by marking “Oh, Baby!” as Want to Read:
Oh, Baby!

Oh, Baby! (The Whitney Chronicles #3)

From the moment we met, obstetrician Clay Reynolds scorned my profession as a birthing coach. His scathing remarks left me crying on the shoulder of my potbellied pig, Gertie! It seems only the handsome doc's eight-year-old son, who thinks I hung the moon, can make Clay be civil to me. Clay is a great doctor and loving father. And we're finding a lot in common as we volunt ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, Baby!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, Baby!

Christie
Jul 10, 2010 Christie rated it it was ok
This was a quick (and somewhat educational) read about a doula and her life and work at a hospital. The main problem I had was with the love interest. For a character that was portrayed as so logical, his reason for disliking the main character was completely illogical. For me, this was a major flaw in the plot.
Carola
Jun 20, 2014 Carola rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
It felt a bit too preachy for my taste, both on the Christian and the Doula theme. I didn't connect with either of the main characters. His reason for not liking or respecting her profession is really lame, and has nothing to do at all with being a doula. By his reasoning, he should have hated all doctors as well. I had to force myself to finish the book.
Barbara
Usually, I like Judy Baer's books, but I am truly sick and tired of the plot device that states that the staid, uptight, logical person (in this book, Dr. Clay Reynolds, an OB-GYN) must shed that part of his persona and adopt the free-spirited ways of his love (here, doula Molly Cassidy, rescuer of pets).

Thinking and acting in a logical manner should not be a crime. It should be required of all individuals throughout their lives. Here, though, Clay has seemingly forgotten how to laugh and love.
Richelle
Jun 01, 2009 Richelle rated it really liked it
It was a very cute book!
But, Clay didn't make any sense to me! Molly was crazy to fall for him! I only liked him in the very beginning(when he see's the baby girl), and at the very VERY end (when he finally tells Molly why he has been such a jerk!).
Ugh.
There were a few typos, too. It was a very cute story line and I did like the main character. I just wanted her to stick up for herself.

Still, I am glad I read the book, and I will read more from this author. She puts her faith into her characte
Diana
Nov 02, 2011 Diana rated it it was ok
Well... I didn't know this was Christian Fiction when I checked it out but I sure found out the hard way. I don't mind Christian Fiction, I actually enjoy the genre when it's not preachy. This... is very very very preachy. Almost too preachy but the love story was interesting so I finished it. I really didn't like Molly, the MC. She would tell someone not to be judgmental on page and then, on the very next page, she would be judgmental herself. I don't know... I will pass on this author from now ...more
Just - The romance reader
Apr 13, 2009 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Judy Baer fan's and chick-lit lovers.
From the first book I read, I've been a huge fan of Judy Baer. I find Baer's books to be a bit on the predictable side when it comes to the endings. You'll always find a happy ending with the main characters finally realizing that eventhough they have butted heads they're in love and end up getting married (sorry for the spoiler). But Baer's books are fun and light reads. I usually fly through them quickly and wish for another one to read.
Martha
May 20, 2015 Martha rated it really liked it
A great fiction book on doulas… Slightly cheesy and a little unrealistic, it does actually have some of the main facts correct when it comes to a doula/patient relationship. In this funny, chick lit book, romance between an unlikely doctor and doula is fun!
Mackenzie
Oct 19, 2016 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Book 3 of 3
Lorraine
Aug 03, 2011 Lorraine rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lorraine by: Nicole
Predictable Christian chick-lit, but loved the fact that it's about a doula and childbirth.
Callie
Apr 21, 2014 Callie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was just a cute, quick read. Christian chic-lit, didn't require a lot of focus, which was perfect for middle-of-the-night feelings with my newborn. I liked it!
Ratforce
Judy Baer is known for her fun and flirty inspirational romances. You may want to start with Oh, Baby!, which tells the story of a birthing coach and the single father she’d like to know better.
Gwen Bryant
Jan 08, 2014 Gwen Bryant rated it really liked it
Judy Baer books are lots of fun.
Shanle
Sep 19, 2012 Shanle rated it really liked it
I love the mixture of faith, laughs and romance. I think I have read one other book by Judy Baer and now I will have to find more!
Laurie
Sep 19, 2011 Laurie rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Cute. Wanted more doula details, though.
Jenny
Jan 08, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Picked this out for a cheap romance book - not a lot of romance and not very deep plot. Fast read.
Bethany
Apr 27, 2011 Bethany rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, religious, humor
I read a LOT of Baer's fiction in middle school and high school, and this brought back the memories: not super well-written or anything special, but an entertaining, quick read nonetheless.
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Brianna Prince
Brianna Prince rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Vee
Vee rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Shaysu
Shaysu rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Amber Harrington
Amber Harrington rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Isabelle Rm
Isabelle Rm rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Tomisin John
Tomisin John rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Danielle Stanforth
Danielle Stanforth rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2011
Julie Malcolm
Julie Malcolm rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2011
Jana
Jana rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Controlling Interest
  • Newlywed Games
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • My So Called Love Life
  • Faking Grace
  • Mixed Signals
  • Lost in NashVegas
  • Consider Lily
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
  • Too Good To Be True
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...

The Whitney Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Whitney Chronicles