Start by marking “Fire Danger (Elementals Challenge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire Danger (Elementals Challenge, #1)

Fire Danger

(Elementals Challenge #1)

All her life, a faint memory of her parents and fire has glowed at the back of Rachel Quinn's mind. With her parents long dead, there is no one to clarify what it means.

When a gorgeous winged man rescues her from a pack of werewolves, something flares to life inside Rachel. Suddenly she can see the paranormal world around her, a world unseen by mortals. And far more compli
Published June 21st 2016 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fire Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Danger

Start your review of Fire Danger (Elementals Challenge, #1)
books are love
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a harder review to write. So I like the book overall. I will read the next for I want to see how the Challenges go and what will happen with Phoenix and Rachel and the other Elementals.

I like the characters. The elementals do need to learn more humanity for I think they have been who they are so long they have forgotten what that is. Ondine I think is going to be the one to help there. Her and Rachel. I like their resolve and strength. I like how they are based on myths. I like how the
Lydia
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
OK, that was... someething new, I guess...

So, you know how I keep yapping about original plots and all that crap? Well, Fire Danger sure was original, and certainly not what I expected - and yet somehow kept missing something, that would have made it one of the ultimate reads.

The story is about Phoenix, the Elemental of Fire, who's instantly drawn to Rachel Quinn's mental signals - and Rachel herself, of course. Together, they find out that Phoenix's evil counterpart, his Demonos, is about to st
Erin
3 ½ out of 5 Stars

This one is definitely one of the most difficult ones I’ve had to review. Why? Because I REALLY liked the story, and the originality of the idea behind it. I liked the characters, who and what they were, and their back stories. The only problem was I didn’t FEEL the story or the characters as much as I would’ve liked to. The one big question I always ask myself when I review a book is “if I put this book down now (at any point), would I be OK with never picking it up again?” Un
Amanda Jane  Williams
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fire Danger is for sure a very original plot with the theme that "Fire draws to fire". That is unusual because in most paranormal books they always pair the fire element with water or air.
Rachel is a Djinn and is being targeted by other Supernatural beings and Phoenix hears her pleas for help.
Phoenix is fixing to go to challenge and that could mean the start of WWIII and that would not be a good thing.
Attraction between Rachel and Phoenix jumps off the page, the only problem is that Phoenix's c
Jackie
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb fantasy story. Rachel remembers some things from the past. Her parents and fire seem to go together. Then she’s rescued by a handsome winged man from werewolves. After that things seem to fit into place. Once you start reading, you won’t be able to stop.
P Leslie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Wow this book was action packed and intense from beginning to end.

Phoenix is an Elemental of fire and is over a thousand years old. He hears a woman's voice, she's calling him because she's in trouble. The mere fact that she's seeking the help of an Elemental means she's no ordinary human. He sets out to help her but is blown away by the sight of the mystery woman.

Rachel, suffers from fugue and loses several hours from her episodes but they
Bookmafia
Jun 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Age: 18+

Recommendation: Oh geeze, I would pass on this one, it is a hot mess.

Type: Series, Fire Danger is the first book in the Elemental’s Challenge series.

Pages: 205

Summary: -awkward sex scenes -one dimensional characters -confusing plot -poor writing +interesting ideas -skips around -absolutely no chemistry between mains.

Full Review:

I don’t even know where to start. I really don’t like writing negative reviews because I can only imagine the way they make the auth
Tim Tobish
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are books that are plot driven and there are books that are character driven. Fire Danger is unusual in that it sits right in the middle. Davon spins a great yarn, making this book a real page-turner. However, the character development is even better, particularly the two protagonists. Rachel is human, and as the book progresses we see her grow strong and access her hidden talents. Yes, of course this this has been done before, but it's so organic to this story that it feels completely fre ...more
Romance Between The Sheets
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fire Danger starts with a women in trouble and somehow she is able to mentally call for help.

Rachel is a woman that lives a somewhat lonely life that finds out that she is more than what she thinks she is. Phoenix is an elemental that commands fire who hears a call for help from Rachel that he can't ignore. There are also werewolves, vampires and other paranormals that are integrated into the story.

Each Elemental has their own Challenge to face and the fate of the human race is in their hands. W
Anne Szlachcic
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok

I found this book to be sadly disappointing given the story concept . It was quite disjointed at times and did not flow properly .
Rachel is a woman that lives a somewhat lonely life that finds out that she is more than what she thinks she is , an Ifrit. Phoenix is an elemental that commands fire who hears a call for help from Rachel that he can't ignore. There are also werewolves, vampires and other paranormals that are integrated into the story.
They are all instrumental in The Challenge , an a
Leeann Naidoo
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
The book has an interesting twist to it but there were some aspects of it that i could not really understand. I kept reading, with hopes that things would get clearer as the book went but I was disappointed when this didn't occur. Some parts of this book still confuse me.

The love between Phoenix and Rachel is expected though they feel like friends-with-benefits instead of lovers. The love between them didn't get a chance to really begin and grow, it kind of just happened.

The rhythm of the story
Dia
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy

I really wanted to love this book.There were good things in this,like the world it was built.Honestly,it was the blurb that pulled me in.
The main problem I had with this book were the characters.They were flat and I didn't really enjoy it.
Even the romance aspect didn't pull me in.But they were some parts I loved too.Like the elementals and the paranormal world. I would really love to read the continuation of the series.

*ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Jara Beaubien
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
was given this book for a honest review

Phoenix and Rachel two characters I came to absolutely like, as Phoenix tries to figure out what Rachel is, that they find love is not a surprise. but what I loved the most is how the Author weaved the mythological characters into today's world. the battle between good and evil is still going on, but in a sphere we don't see. Loved the book and look forward to reading the next one.
Cora
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fire calls to fire in this fast paced book. Fans of Patricia Briggs and Shannon Mayer will enjoy this offering by Davon. Well written and very enjoyable!
Tia
rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2016
Ide
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Overall the ideas are there but the material that should make them a coherent whole is lacking. The protagonists' emotions seem to go from one extreme to the next without reason. For example, Rachel gives Phoenix the silent treatment over the fact that he has killed people in a gruesome manner, but why would that be? Should a fight for the survival of humankind consist of polite duels between adversaries?
Also, the whiff of sexism throughout the novel is troubling. Rachel is more desirable becaus
Jogita
Azusa
Jun 23, 2016
Cielo Mae
Jul 26, 2016
Claire lives in Los Angeles, so many of her stories are set there, too. But she is originally from Brookline, Massachusetts, so that location frequently pops up in her work, too. Claire spends her free time writing, doing animal rescue, and enjoying the sunshine. She specializes in writing romances of all kinds and never shies away from the “between the sheets” elements!

Look for the third book in

News & Interviews