Start by marking “An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody” as Want to Read:
An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody

An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody

Rockford Peadlebody dies in a train wreck while traveling with his family, (a rather dysfunctional lot of half-blood vampires) after a flood in Mississippi washes their home away. Once his brother Gerald, his wife Ginger, and son Raymond reach grandpa's estate in Ohio, they are surprised that grandaddy Benjamin Peadlebody also died. Now heirs to the infamous Peadlebody man ...more
Paperback, 1, 384 pages
Published May 27th 2016 by D.L. Gardner

To ask other readers questions about An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody

Brenda Perlin
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody by D.L. Gardner is a spunky murder mystery about vampires and some that are not even half vampire but looking for a better identify. All Raymond wanted was a normal life. Not much to ask. Right?

This is a fun novel that was quite unconventional. In a good way. Different than most vampire stories. Enjoyed the suspense in not knowing how this tale would end. Some great characters that had me on the edge of my seat, enthused. Could be a nice escape for any reader who
Kirsten McKenzie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting book: A reluctant vampire. A dysfunctional family. Chipmunks, squirrels, and a suspicious butler. I enjoyed the story but skim read some of it. Raymond's love life struck me as somewhat slightly farfetched, and I wanted more of the library, and more of the elusive real estate agent. But other than wanting more, it is an enjoyable tale, just some edges need rounding off with a few more words.
Autumn
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017

I received this book to give an honest review.

I wasn't sure where this book was going to take me but I can honestly say I enjoyed the story.
A half blood vampire who doesn't want to be a vampire is what caught me in the story. You see Raymond wants a normal life for not only himself but for his mother as well. He doesn't want anything at all to do with his deceased father's family estate. Raymond's mother is a bit strange and will try everything under the
Jenna Whittaker
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody by D.L. Gardner is a comedic murder mystery novel featuring vampires in a unique and, as per the title, unconventional way!

This is both a light and fun read, as well as an engaging and imaginative read. I found myself drawn into the story as the characters, each with their own quirks and eccentricities, make their way through their journeys in this novel.

In conclusion, the characters are well developed, the writing polished, and if you enjoy a dark subject matte
Dan Dykstra
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Peadlebody

At first I thought it was going to be another ho him vampire story. After the first few pages I realized the interesting twist D. L. Gardner was weaving into his story. I really enjoyed the character development and a nice twist in the end. I also really enjoyed the Audible version of this book.
Anna del C. Dye
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody by D. L. Gardner is quite an interesting tale about dysfunctional vampires. It is a great tale, with even a nicer plot that will keep you glue to it’s pages. I enjoyed the characters and their quirky personalities. It is a wholesome tale and would be enjoy by the whole family.
Raymond wants a normal life, he doesn't want to be a half vampire and his mother is trying everything to make it happen for both of them. His grandfather is dead and so is his father. His u
Carol Caldwell
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Peadlebody is a vampire, but he isn't your run-of-the-mill vampire. He only lusts after human blood when he's hungry. His sister-in-law tries to wean him off with squirrel blood, which isn't something he thirsts after. His goal in life is to find out who killed his father and his brother, and as we know, vampires don't die easily.
The plot twists and turns, and is at one time an eerie tale and at another time a comedy. Mr. Peadlebody takes himself seriously, but his sister-in-law is too wrap
Elissa
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"An Unconventional Mr. Peadlebody" is an unconventional story with a slightly different take on the world beyond humanity, wonderfully narrated by Brad Wills with voices both British and American, male and female, southern and midwestern. And funny, with delightful absurdities and paradoxes as two of the characters try to find a cure for vampirism and a third tries to find out what happened to his father. The murder mystery is pretty unconventional, too, although I did figure out portions of it ...more
Kathleen
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who is unconventional?

I really enjoyed the book....fun characters!

By the end of the book, I liked all of the characters and with out spoiling the plot...I enjoyed the ending, and it left me wanting more!
Christine  F
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D.L. Gardner weaves an addictive story that fires the imagination and immerses you deeply into the world of the Peadlebody’s. You quickly become invested in the intriguing characters and find you can’t put the book down! I HIGHLY recommend this book.
Katie Thompson
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was hilarious, entertaining, and so incredibly unique! I mean, how many vampires get laid out on their back by the butler?! And was that a Gorgon at the funeral?!
Gracie Lynn
Natasha
Nov 13, 2017
Mark
Nov 14, 2017
With a passion for a good wholesome story, Gardner dives into the adult and young adult fantasy genres. She is both a best selling author and an award winning illustrator who lives in the Pacific Northwest, USA. Dabbling in screenwriting, she's won screenings and a trophy for some of her film projects.

She loves a tale that ignites imaginations, strengthens friendships, spurs courage and applauds