Start by marking “Ballistic (Icarus #2)” as Want to Read:
Ballistic (Icarus #2)

Ballistic

(Icarus #2)

It's been three days since Solar Storm Icarus silenced the world...three days since the GRS virus wiped out most of humanity and started changing the few who remained. Liv and the others made it through the initial wave, but they've lost a lot along the way and the journey to Salvation is far from over. A rogue military organization has taken hold of the area and they poss ...more
Published June 1st 2016 by Aria Michaels

To ask other readers questions about Ballistic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballistic

AK Mama Reads
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mama Says:
Another wild ride from Aria Michaels is in store for readers of the Icarus series.  Continuing their harrowing journey following the events in Killshot, Liv, Zan, Ty, Ry, and the rest are thrown one nasty slime-covered curve ball after another in this emotional second installment.
Though there are characters which exhibit some growth, I still can't stand Christa, but it makes sense to have some people survive that aren't necessarily your favorites, because isn't that rather realistic?
A
CassieRose
I was hooked on Aria Michaels writing since I finished Killshot last year. So when I got the chance to be on of the advance readers for Ballistic I was overcome with excitement!

Ballistic was wonderfully written and picked up perfectly from where Killshot ended, mere days after Icarus hit and silenced the world. Liv and her group of friends are doing their best to survive and find Liv's younger brother. Though both tasks prove to be more difficult then one would hope when they encounter the afte
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

**** 4.5 Cranky Stars ****

No time was lost between Killshot and Ballistic. The journey carried on for these unfortunate Icarus survivors.

Liv along with her friends carried on their quest to find their lost family as well as the answers to the mystery of the virus woken up by Icarus. For Liv however, it’s all because of Beans.

We finally meet the famous Beans and boy, he’s such a great young man. I say: man because the tragedy brought by the solar flare to his young life forced him to grow up. Lik
Ashley Stevenson
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book exchange for an honest review. This book was just amazing and Livi was still staying strong through everything trying not to give up. Some answers are answered but their are more questions to what happened. Can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Paula
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again the nail biting commenced

I fell in love with Aria Michaels writing with Killshot. She has me hooked and biting my nails with Ballistic. Now I hope she hurries with the next book.
I was annoyed though with all the incomplete editing in the book. If I pay for a book the editing should be completed.
S.F. Benson
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aria Michaels’ delivers another great book!

I enjoyed reading this installment in the Icarus series. The characters are evolving and we’re learning more about them and their situation. It’s a treacherous world Liv and her friends are attempting to survive in. Every day they are learning more and more—new creatures, atmospheric dangers, and a possible nefarious reason for all that is happening. Just a warning—once you start this book you won’t want to stop.

Liv was already a strong girl in the firs
Paperbacks
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often I come across a series which has a truly cinematic quality, this is the case with the Icarus series. Ballistic doesn’t falter after Killshot and the same depth of world and character building is astounding.

Before picking up on Liv’s search, we start with Lucas’ story. The chaos in the aftermath and where we discover that he is at least alive, but being taken to “safety” by the Army. Liv on the other hand is still battling through with her band of friends and allies, at least with
MillsyLovesBooks
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo IMG_20160917_141022_157000_zpstx92ozgh.jpeg

"We go were you go . Your fight is our fight. You didn't put us in danger, it was just there, and you got us through it."

I jumped straight into Ballistic, Icarus Series #2 by Aria Michaels after i finished Killshot, i was so glad that i got to read this series one after the other because i think the wait would have killed me, i was that eager to carry on the journey. Both books grabbed hold of me and didn't let me go. The continuation of this amazing series was flawless. It's a fast paced, acti
Jennifer Kritz
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ballistic: Icarus Series Book Two by Aria Michaels is a second book in the Icarus Series.
The story picks up where book one leave us. Our band of friends (Jake, Falisha, Christa, Ty, Eli and Riley) are being led by Olivia and Zander on a quest to find Lucas, Olivia’s brother. The group meets with many trials and tribulations since the virus and solar flares have wiped out most of humanity. There is constant fear of the military finding them, the infected zombies and a new threat the rat like crea
Nic Spears
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided for Beta-reading and in exchange for an honest review**

Oh my holy hell!!!!

You know when you finish a book and your emotions are so over the place, you can’t even comprehend where to start when writing a review?
Well, that has been me since I finished reading.
After reading Killshot I wandered how in the hell Aria could top it, but by god has she surpassed any and all expectations I could have ever had.
There is literally nothing I can say that will give Aria and Ballistic the justice
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read Killshot (Book 1) I couldn’t believe that I was reading Sci Fi. Not my usual genre of books to read. But, after reading it I knew I had to read Ballistic (Book 2 in the Icarus Series) I needed to know what happened to everyone with the cliffhanger that I was left with in Book 1. I am very happy to say that I really enjoyed Ballistic!

The lead characters are teenagers and after the Solar Storm Icarus most of the world has been left dead. Liv (Sarge) yes you guessed it. She is in charg
Dawn
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

I just finished reading Killshot, the first book in the Icarus series, and I immediately start reading Ballistic. Even before Chapter One starts, I found out that Liv’s little brother, Lucas (or Beans as she calls him) is alive. At least that means she and her friends aren’t on a worthless mission to find him. Chapter One begins where Killshot left off.

Ballistic explains more about how the virus has affected people as well as the governme
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a highly anticipated sequel! Seems like I waited impatiently for ages before this masterpiece was finished and let me tell you, it was well worth the delay!

Ballistic begins right where Killshot left off. Michaels doesn't give a lot of review, so if it's been awhile since you finished Killshot, it might be a good idea to reread it or at least skim over the basics. Seems like with the first book covering the big event that there wouldn't be too many surprises left for the group this ti
Kaila
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excited didn't even begin to cover what I felt when I heard that this book was finally finished. I have been waiting for this for a year! After reading KILLSHOT, the first book in the series, I knew that the next one was going to be epic. Boy, was I right!

It started off where the last book ended. After Icarus hit, Liv knew he had to find his brother, Beans. They were now in the middle of finding him, and have encountered more than their fair share of twists and turns. There's a new group of surv
Corrine Pickering
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Ballistic (Icarus 2) Aria Michaels

### 5 Heart-Pounding Hashtags ###

Where the hell do I start, the first book - I had no idea what I was in for and it totally blew my socks off ! I never thought for one minute that this second book would or could compare in slightest. How very wrong I was ... this book is simply amazing.

This book is so perfectly written I was completely drawn in and immersed once again into Liv and Zander's messed up world. This book is full of angst, drama, tension and proper
Carla
Sep 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Sadly, this was a dnf for me.
United Indie Book Blog
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you know those books that just grab ahold of you on the first page, drags you through the mud with blood and tears right up until the end where you feel like throwing your ereader and begging for more? That's Ballistics. Honestly if I could I would keep Aria Michaels locked in her writing cave doped up on coffee and chocolate so she could just write, legally I can't...so I wait and stalk her on social media.

Ballistics is book 2 in the Icarus series and you need to grab book 1 so you know what
Doris
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't breathe from all the snotty, ugly girl crying from reading this book.
Ballistic picks immediately after book one, and there is no rest for the group.
Liv is still trying to reach Beans, and will allow NOTHING to stand in her way.
I was wondering how Michaels was going to keep me on my toes, surely she let it all go in Book One?
Ok, so the next time I see her I'm pinching her for keeping me up all night! Woman don't you know I have to work tomorrow!?!?
For real though, Aria Michaels is so fr
Katy
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The next book in the epic saga of Liv Larson brings their group into to more danger and some answers to the questions they have about what the hell is going on around them since Icarus plunged the world into chaos.

As always, I love Liv’s determination and courage as she tries to hold onto her humanity while protecting everyone at the same time. Can you imagine trying to protect those you love when you almost can't control yourself? It would be horrible/tough, yet Liv chokes down her guilt at put
Sydney Hopke
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG So well worth the wait!! This series is a must read, not something I normally read but once I started I was hooked and patiently waited for this book! This book starts where the last left off with everyone on their way to find Liv's brother. The reader also gets to meet him and find out what he's doing. What happens in this book will keep you on the edge of your seat, make you cry, and curse the author at the end. Yup I yelled at my kindle.

The surprises in this book you just don't expect and
Jessica Andrews
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always Aria Michaels draws you into her apocalyptic world. The story picks up right where it left off and Liv is desperate to find Beans or to at least know he is alive. Beans is desperate to save his new family and himself. I found myself enjoying Beans development and rooting the little guy on! Aria makes you love her characters. By the last page, I was weeping with and for the characters. More of the story behind the apocalypse has begun to reveal itself. Is there a conspiracy? More than o ...more
Amy Bartelloni
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sequel to Killshot from the first page! Lots of action, great character development & amazing action and descriptions. I especially love kick-ass heroines, and Liv does not disappoint. Speaking of kick ass heroines, there are some fantastic new characters introduced in this story, and I really liked the character of Tessa. The ending was the perfect way to wrap up the book, while still leaving you wanting more.
Robyn Jones
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg. First thing. Go buy these books. Now. Do not wait. Do not dillydally. Go buy them. Read them. Then you can thank me for recommending them and then you can go stalk Aria too! She is a wonderful writer. This book is the second in the series. I dont do a lot of recap because of spoilers. I just share my thoughts and if i liked the book. I love this one.
JC (Jen)
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016read
I just finished Ballistic and it was amazing! What a rollercoaster ride! I won't get into the details but you definitely want to read this book! The action, the twists and turns... once you start you won't be able to put it down until it's done and even then you will want more!

I received a copy of Ballistic in exchange for an honest review
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series is by far one of my top favorites! Aria never disappoints when it comes to her writing babies! If you love dystopian or have never read it before, then this series will draw you in and make your imagination come to life! Can't wait for the next one!
Kirstie Bryant
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. In fact after finishing it I'm doing a literary version of Netflix binge by re-reading the three books in the series thus far.

If you want to read my entire review visit my blog.

Arlin Akins
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very compelling sequel

Book two takes us from a small group of kids fighting for survival to a cohesive force to be reckoned with and only builds from there. This was an exciting journey and I can't wait to start the next leg.
Reckless Readers
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Apocalypse book series done so so right. I loved the first book and this one did not disappoint to continue the story. Loved everything about this series and the characters. There's plenty of action and suspense and our favorite romance. Highly recommend this series and this brilliant author.
Raychel Faulkner
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon
Ingrid
Jan 27, 2018
Aria Michaels lives in a small town in Illinois with her loving, patient, husband and her six (yes, SIX) energetic boys. Always the creative type, Aria fed off the encouragement of her mother, and started writing and illustrating her own stories at a very young age. Aria's passion for creation and love of the human spirit followed her to the university level where she graduated with an Associates ...more

Icarus (2 books)