Start by marking “An Annoyance of Neighbours” as Want to Read:
An Annoyance of Neighbours

An Annoyance of Neighbours

Life is never dull when you have neighbours!

Neighbours – we all have them. Whether they’re amazing or the bane of your life, everyone has a story about them.

Have you ever had a disagreement with a neighbour?
Have your neighbours ever woken you up shouting? Slamming doors? Revving a car?
Do you avoid your neighbours because they’re irritating, boring or nosy?
Do you sometimes
Published June 28th 2016 by Troubador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about An Annoyance of Neighbours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Annoyance of Neighbours

Start your review of An Annoyance of Neighbours
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

INITIAL THOUGHTS
Well I have lived at a few different addresses, so I have had my fair share of neighbours. A few good neighbours and a large share of not so good neighbours too! So I was looking forward to looking at the different classifications of neighbours as well as learning how to handle them. I like "people watching" so I guess this book is also a way of doing that maybe I can work out which category my own neighbours are in!
So I'm approaching this book looking forward to a lighthearted
Cliff
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very amusing look at the kinds of neighbours that might be encountered. Can we see ourselves in any of them? Ends with sensible advice about how to deal with problem neighbours (English law which might not be the same in other jurisdictions)
Karen Whittard
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley and author Angela Lightbun for this book in exchange for an honest review.

The good, the bad and the ugly, (not literally obviously) neighbours. Neighbours come in all shapes and sizes and in all different ways. Some times great, others not so much. We all got em, we all have our own stories of many different types of them. Sometimes you love them and sometimes you want to take a flying leap at them. They are things that you can't escape from unless you win the lottery and go
Ilana
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Neighbours come in different sizes, ages or provided with more or less or at all sense of humour. Written with the fine sense of observation of the journalist and sociologist and served with big laughs. In the author's words: 'The collective noun for neighbours is an 'annoyance' or a 'nerve', and we all know just how annoying and frazzling on the nerves neighbours can be'. The book is a 'humorous collection of neighbour stereotypes, not meant to be taken too seriously or literally'. And here ...more
Randal White
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, fiction
Lightburn has penned a book about the different types of neighbors one may encounter in life. 58 different kinds, to be exact. Her observations tend to be spot-on.
I have lived in many places in the United States, in the West, in the East, and in the Midwest. About a dozen places in all. Each location was a crap-shoot on the type of neighbors we would have. Lightburn has identified them all, and then some. As I was reading this, I couldn't help saying to myself, "Yes, that's "so-and-so" to a T"!
Bibi
Sep 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely spot on with the different types of neighbors. I especially loved the Absent Minded Professor and the quiz at the end that determined what kind of neighbor you are. I guess the reason for the one star was that I lost interest after the 10th profile or so...so to have over 50 was a bit much. Reading started to become a chore, and I hate that.
Maureen Moyes
Sep 26, 2016
Angela Lightburn
May 27, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)