Start by marking “The Cabin” as Want to Read:
The Cabin

The Cabin

There may only be one killer, but no one is innocent.

When Mackenzie treks to a secluded cabin in the woods with six friends, she expects a fun weekend of partying, drinking, and hookups. But when they wake to find two of their own dead and covered in blood, it's clear there's a killer among them.

As the police try to unravel the case, Mackenzie launches her own investigatio
Published September 6th 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The Cabin, please sign up.
Sibella Yeah, the title was changed from the "The Covert" to "The Cabin"

Julie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This one wasn't for me. Not a great book to begin with, but the ending made the whole endeavor feel like a waste of time.

Josu Grilli
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-1-mayo
Pronto en el canal mi opinión completa sobre la novela pero omg el final.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
They think they're invincible.
They think they can do and say whatever they want.
They think there are no consequences.
They've left me no choice.
It's time for them to pay for their sins.

From that prologue and the blurb, I thought I was going to love this book. It sounded like a B scary movie and I love those. As most of my friends on goodreads know, I very rarely 1 star a book, some 2 stars, but I always try to pick books I think I will like, but I missed the mark on this one.

I liked a couple o
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.)

“They’re dead. They’re dead! No, no, no, no!”

This was a YA mystery story, in which 2 teens were murdered in a cabin in the woods.

Mackenzie was an okay character, and I could understand why she didn’t want to believe that one of her friends was capable of murder. She did stand up and try and find the murderer herself though, even if she did put herself in danger becaus
Erin
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo
I really liked Natasha Preston's "The Cellar", but this book was just an o.k read. Neither the murder mystery, the characters, or even the romance angle made this very memorable.
Stacee
May 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 40%

I loved the premise of this and was so eager to get to it. Sadly I was annoyed by the characters right from the beginning.

Mackenzie could be a decent MC. She's loyal and positive and actively tries to see the good side to things. She is also wildly dramatic and her inner monologue was a hot mess. There are several other characters, but in the amount I read, none of them stood out to me.

The idea of waking up to a murder in a locked house is 1000% up my alley. To be completely honest, as
Sandra Uv
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1/5

Es un libro malo, mediocre, aburrido, estereotipado... El Thriller juvenil está en decadencia total. Que pena que este tipo de libros tan comerciales sean los que tengan visibilidad, cuando hay thrillers desconocidos mucho mejores. Le doy el 1 porque se lee rápido. Un sinsentido absoluto.
Reseña completa:

-Wordpress:https://suenosentreletras.wordpress.c...
-Blogger: http://addicionaloslibros.blogspot.co...
Inge
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it

This review is a little blah because there's not much to say about this book. The Cabin wasn't anything special. It didn't add anything new. The characters weren't particularly intriguing, and the murder motive was less than believable. The premise sounded a lot more exciting than the execution turned out to be. Nevertheless, it was still a quick read, and I truly believe the author when she says it was fun to write. I kept reading because I wanted to know who'd done the killing and why
Bibiana In Bookland
Me han fallado varias cosas, cosas que me hacían poner los ojos en blanco, y también un poco esa historia de amor que se crea, aunque ha llegado un momento que he entendido el motivo de que existiera. Me ha mantenido muuuuuuy atrapada, porque de verdad que estaba perdidísima! siempre cambiaba de opinión sobre quién era el asesino!! Por lo que lo he leído bastante rápido. Me ha creado tensión, suspense, rabia, y algo de miedo.
L.P. Logan

Just No.
[image error]

This book is all about teenagers drinking, killing people, doing drugs, and killing people . . . . and then after all of that drinking some more, having sex, wasting breath and brain cells having absolutely thoughtless conversations, drinking some more . . . . and then expecting there to be no consequences.

I HATED this book. I hated what it portrayed. I loathed what it represented. I DESPISE what it is trying to push to the recommended age of 14+.

DON'T Drink! Don't Do Dru
Jano
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reseña completa: http://elcaosliterario.blogspot.com/2...

La principal diferencia del nuevo libro de Natasha Preston respecto al primero es que "La cabaña" es mucho más juvenil. Sus tramas están centradas en adolescentes y en sus líos amorosos al más puro estilo Pretty Little Liars. Con esta serie tiene también en común la llegada de mensajes del asesino al grupo de amigos y que entre ellos se encuentre el culpable, con toda la desconfianza que esto implica.

El planteamiento del libro es bastante
Morris
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reviews
“The Cabin” was a solid four-star thriller up until the very end. That doesn’t stop it from being enjoyable in a B horror movie sort of way.

The characters are the stereotypical mix that you come to expect from horror movies and fun, fast reading thrillers. There were some plot surprises and enough creepy things to give you some chills. Just. The ending. I can’t quite forgive that one.

Overall, “The Cabin” is a fun read for the Halloween season or any other time you’re feeling like a fun and breez
Brandy
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A weekend with friends turns deadly! ❤ 4.5 stars ...more
Maryanne
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book.... Wow I can't even describe it...

So amazing and beautiful!!!! I loved it so much!!!!
Caos
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
La verdad es que no tenía muchas expectativas con este libro y me he sorprendido cuándo... No, la verdad es que no las a superado. El 75% del libro se me a hecho un poco pesado, lo estaba leyendo porque sentía curiosidad por saber quién era el asesino, pero no sentí casi nada de empatía por los personajes, y encima me a parecido demasiado surrealista el motivo por el cual pasa todo, y la forma... Como forzado. No es aburrido, pero sí un poco cansino. Pero eso sí, me a sorprendido el final. No ti ...more
Maia Moore
* I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review *

I loved the description of this on NetGalley. It reminded me of a Christopher Pike book I loved when I was a teen, so I was ready for a good murder mystery.

Before I was 10% in I was pretty fed up already. The whole book is a mess of showing rather than telling, especially for personality traits. Mackenzie constantly tells us her friend is over protective, or prone to rage etc, and nothing about them is ever shown. It really grat
Alice Duarte
May 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Una de las peores lecturas que he tenido en lo que va del año. Flojo y absurdo, con un final patético, no hubo nada que valiera la pena. Ha sido una total pérdida de tiempo.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 6, 2016
Genre: Young Adult Thriller/Suspense

:: 3.5 Pretty Little Stars ::

This was a good book. Nothing spectacular, but still interesting none the less. I found the plot to be a bit unbelievable and the characters were hard to connect with but the story is extremely fast paced and super mysterious.

When I first saw that Natasha Preston was writing another book I knew I had to grab a copy because I really liked the Cellar. But this one fell a bit flat. I think it's be
Rissa
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book started off being a typical love story and you think you know how the story will play out. But keep reading because soon after you think you know whats going to happen, two people are murdered in the cabin.
It kept me wondering who killed them the entire book (and usually im able figure out it out ahead of time) and i think that has to do with detective. The detective put in my head a motive for everyone which was very smart of the author because it kept me guessing.

And damn that last
Kayla Krantz
I read the reviews on this book before I picked it up but I shrugged them off because I've read a handful of Miss Preston's other works and enjoyed them. However, this book drove me crazy. The instalove was terrible and distracting. Rather than being concerned about finding her best friend's killer, the main character kept fantasizing about a guy she had just met the night her friend died. She kept making terrible choices and several times, I wished I could've shaken some sense into her.

Although
subookish
"Se creen invencibles. Piensan que pueden hacer y decir lo que les venga en gana. Creen que no hay consecuencias. No me han dejado otra opción. Ha llegado la hora de que paguen por sus pecados"
Ya tenéis en mi blog (link en mi perfil ⬆⬆⬆), la reseña completa sobre La cabaña.
No es un gran thriller ni un gran libro, es sencillo con una trama muy simple... un grupo de amigos van a pasar un fin de semana a la cabaña propiedad de uno de ellos... después de una noche de juerga y alcohol.... dos aparec
Karou Rincon
Muy malo, personajes sosos, historia totalmente absurda y sin fundamentos.
Alba Amor por los libros
1,5* en realidad.
Es un despropósito tras otro. El 1,5 es porque es rápido y fácil de leer y no se hace nada pesado hasta la primera mitad. Luego ni la trama avanza ni nada tiene sentido. Todo es absurdo y forzado. Parece más una parodia de un thriller que un thriller de verdad.
El sótano tampoco me pareció bueno pero ahora comparándolo con este me parece hasta bueno.
Ashley
Did I pick this book up earlier this evening because I knew it would be a quick read and I was falling behind on my reading goals? Yeah, you got me.

I purchased The Cabin a few months ago, actually while I was grocery shopping with my mother. At the time I didn't realize it had orginially been a Wattpad story. Oh boy, I can't even begin to tell you the countless number of hours I spent on that app when I first discovered it. It definitley felt like a Wattpad story to me. I don't know if you know
Michelle
A locked cabin. A group of friends who have known each other for years. A no-parents weekend. Two dead bodies. This has all the hallmarks of an outstanding murder mystery. Unfortunately, the execution is weak, the characters are even weaker, and the ending…well, the ending is one of the lowest points of the entire novel.

The main problems lie with the narrative flow as well as with the lack of character development. The story itself is choppy. Told through the first-person narrator, you expect so
Stephen Arvidson
Natasha Preston’s latest entry has the hallmarks of a locked-room mystery. Seven high-school graduates embark on a debaucherous weekend to a secluded cabin and wake up to find two of their friends dead, stabbed to death on the kitchen floor. With no signs of forced entry, suspicion turns to the five survivors. As Mackenzie Keaton, the arguably endearing protagonist, resolves to clear her name and those of her cohorts, she soon discovers that none of her friends are above reproach—except, of cour ...more
Kate Brown
Sep 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
Oh Natasha.....what an absolute disaster of a book. This may sound harsh, but I've read better stories from my 7th graders. The first major problem is the absolute outrageous plot and each event seems more impossible and unbelievable. One minute the protagonist is upset by the dead bodies of her friends and then the next she is head over heels in love. The ending is so predictable and the protagonist does very little to even uncover who is the true murderer. I loved Preston's book, "The Cellar", ...more
Sadie
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Only a mystery could go from a 4 to 1 star in the last three pages.

(view spoiler)
The Cabin Discussion 4 21 Jan 29, 2018 07:13AM
419 READs: Samantha Adams Review Period 1 1 6 Nov 27, 2017 06:07AM
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author.

UK native Natasha Preston grew up in small villages and towns. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, gritty Young Adult thrillers and, of course, the occasional serial killer.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk
Facebook - https://goo.gl/vAAGsB
Twitter - https://goo.gl/JGrC4b
“we're going to be ok was one of the most overused phrases, but also one of the truest. no matter what has happened, how deeply something hurt you, the world continued to spin, and you would continue to breathe. things might be awful for a while- sometimes a long while- but eventually, you would be able to function again. I just wasn't sure if I had the patience or energy to wait for that time” 4 likes
“If you don’t trust anyone, then no one can screw you over. You’re going to find that out the hard way,” 1 likes