Start by marking “The Impossible Vastness of Us” as Want to Read:
The Impossible Vastness of Us

The Impossible Vastness of Us

I know how to watch my back. I’m the only one that ever has.

India Maxwell hasn’t just moved across the country—she’s plummeted to the bottom rung of the social ladder. It’s taken years to cover the mess of her home life with a veneer of popularity. Now she’s living in one of Boston’s wealthiest neighborhoods with her mom’s fiancé and his daughter, Eloise. Thanks to her soo
Published June 27th 2017 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Impossible Vastness of Us, please sign up.
Elizabeth Vanessa, I think there may be a hint in Samantha's acknowledgments at the end~ India,Finn & Eli's story isn't over. I'm hoping for a 2nd book too!…moreVanessa, I think there may be a hint in Samantha's acknowledgments at the end~ India,Finn & Eli's story isn't over. I'm hoping for a 2nd book too! (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Taylor Emerick It's kind of hard to answer this one without spoilers because things aren't as they seem. It seems like a love triangle at first, but you discover it…moreIt's kind of hard to answer this one without spoilers because things aren't as they seem. It seems like a love triangle at first, but you discover it actually isn't. (less)

Christy
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo 19430109_10103935979222958_1622558706880480818_n_zpswp7xhp6m.jpg

Samantha Young wrote a beautiful, emotional, and addicting YA book. It was a sweet romance, but it was more that that. It focused on growth, family and friendships. The characters were diverse and the subject matter wasn’t light and fluffy. This coming of age YA hooked me from start to finish.

India is uprooted from her friends and high school in California when her mother decides to move her across the country to Boston. India and her mother don’t have the best relationship, so whe
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!!

How do you begin to gush about a book you loved so so much? Samantha Young is one of my all-time favorite authors, I’ll read anything the woman writes. So when she published a YA I was intrigued, and decided to give it a shot. I was completely blown away!!!! Young delivers a heartfelt and beautiful story, filled with angst, friendship, love and family.

India Maxwell is alarmed when her flight attendant mother tells her she’s been seeing a man on the other side of the country. Pretty s
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.75 Stars*
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

What a nice surprise,I loved the characters and Samantha Young did a wonderful job with the storyline.The story was captivating with the perfect mix of plot twists,secrets,great characters and some serious issues.I like India more than everyone in this story.But I was also intrigued to know more for Finn and Eloise.
All the characters are complex and everything they are going through feels realistic.
There were some moments it was a little bit slow but I didn't have a problem with this.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bests
An advanced reading copy has been kindly provided by Harlequin Teen via Netgalley.com in exchange for an honest opinion

5 stars!

First some facts about this book:
-it’s a page turner;
-high school drama BUT among Boston Blue Bloods (Gossip Girls much? Love it!);
-near disaster averted;
-everyone is hiding something so have fun guessing the secrets;
-the heroine is resilient beyond anything else. You’ll wish to have a daughter just like her. Or to be her;
-brooding hot guy on the horizon. Mysterious, dis
Berit☀️✨
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an extremely well done young adult contemporary; major props to Samantha Young....

Everybody is a little damaged and a little flawed no matter how pretty the packaging is on the outside.... India is torn from her California high school where she is queen bee, to live with mom's fiancé and go to a private school in Boston... she is not only gaining a stepfather but also a stepsister who is the same age.... India was such a real character and I liked how her relationship with her stepsiste
Kat
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first YA genre title I’ve read by Samantha Young. India Maxwell moves across the country when her mother marries a man from Boston and now has to contend with a new stepsister, Eloise, and her boyfriend, Finn. The relationship between Eloise and India particularly grew on me. In some ways it reminded me of Erin Watt’s Royals series. This is the perfect read if you love lots of drama, relationships and mean girls, galore.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reade
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
DNF @ 41%

After a month, I decided to give up The Impossible Vastness of Us and here are the reasons why:
- Social climbers and spoiled brats are my character pet peeves. Most likely I'll hate these characters regardless of their back story. India Maxwell is a social climber. Eloise Fairweather is a spoiled brat. So.... BYE 👋🏼😸
- I think I have outgrown high school cliques. If I'm in my teenage years, I'll probably enjoy the drama. This one was was boring and forced.
- Finn Rochester was a mysterio
Shannon Moore
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guys, I found it!! I got my reading mojo back! WOOHOO! I could not be more excited about this. For about five weeks I haven't wanted to read and I think in total I read (not including audio books) a whooping total of like three books *[I just counted and it was actually seven but whatever, that's still low for me.]* That's pathetic. I apologize for this disgrace to the book community. Please don't stop loving me, I'm back, I promise.

But on a whim this week I wanted to try something different an
Corina
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's been a few years since I last read a novel by Samantha Young. Fortunately nothing had changed in the grand scheme of things, and I still greatly enjoyed her writing.

I decided to listen to the audiobook for The Impossible Vastness of Us and wasn't disappointed in the least. The storyline was moving and the characters as true to their young adult nature as possible without being obnoxious.

All three main characters India, Eloise and Finn had their own issues to overcome throughout this story.
Lo Bookfrantic
3.5 ⭐⭐⭐ Stars

I listened to the AUDIO version of this book via my library overdrive app. Told from female point of view. The story was good it did made me cried few times and laughed too. However; I felt a bit bored at times lol there was a lot of teen drama that I felt like it never stopped haha. I was OK with how the story ended even though I wished it would have been a bit different. Overall I liked it and would definitely check out more of this author's work.

Amy Bartol
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of The Impossible Vastness of Us.

India Maxwell is used to armoring up against the world. She has constructed thick walls to protect herself. Enduring a childhood marked by the instability of a single mom who’s prone to having relationships with all the wrong men, India has formed a distrust that runs deep. Even with this rocky start in life, India has cultivated friends in her high school and found a place where she’s accepted. But with her mother’s abrupt announcement that sh
Norah Una Sumner
description

I really enjoyed The Impossible Vastness Of Us - the characters were fantastic and the way they all developed throughout the book was the main reason I loved the story so much. The over-the-top drama at the end was a bit of a mood killer for me since it reminded me of The Royals series by Erin Watt. I was scared that the whole Eloise-Finn-India triangle might take a wrong turn but I was positively surprised to see that there was no love drama when it came to these three. India's relationship wit
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
4.5 STARS

India is a California high school student, completely uprooted from life as she knows it, when her flighty mother drops the bombshell that she's fallen in love with a successful businessman from Boston and they'll be relocating immediately. India finds herself thrust into an opulent home, a new private school, and into a tenuous relationship with her soon-to-be step sister and an upper crust circle of friends India doesn't quite click with... especially her step sisters boyfriend. The I
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
October 27, 2017
Just finished re reading the last 20% of this and still in complete awe of this book! Sam, I applaud you. Now, please write me a novella....pretty please?

4.99999999 STARS!

Wow. Just, wow. Every time I get the chance to read a Sam Young book I change. It might not be a dramatic, life altering change, but there's change nonetheless. That is not something that I welcome often. I'm a Cancer, and Cancer's like consistency, we don't like surprises, but there's something about Sam's writ
Kathryn
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book captured my heart in so many ways.
These characters have become a part of me and I am so freaking sad this book has ended.
I want to just have a never ending book with these characters... think that could happen Sam??
The amazingness of this story has touched me so deeply. There are so many issues that is touched upon. Seeing India struggle from the beginning to become such a strong young woman... inspiring!!
Finn.. oh goodness!!! I was leery in the beginning b/c he was so brooding, but ga
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
The Impossible Vastness of Us was one of those books that I didn't realize I was addicted to until it was three in the morning and I just finished the book in one sitting. This book started off a little slow, but I quickly found myself absorbed in this world and the characters. I became fascinated by the characters and their stories.

What was so captivating about this book was all the secrets. Every single character had something they were hiding, and I was dying to learn their secrets. I wanted
Karen Mc

Sometimes you read a story that you KNOW from the start will stay with you forever. A story that just sticks. A story that swiftly works its way into your heart. A story that means the world while becoming your world. Entrancing and emotionally-charged, The Impossible Vastness of Us is an inspirational story of young love that imprints on the heart and soul.

I delved into rare territory, a young adult romance, and oh was The Impossible Vastness of Us an incredibly MOVING and MESMERIZING journey.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't typically read a ton of YA because often times it's too young for my taste. But I completely loved The Impossible Vastness of Us—finding it hard to put down for even one second when life (aka kids) were demanding my attention.
The Impossible Vastness of Us is the story of India Maxwell. India has had a rough life to date only to be made worse when her mother decides to get remarried and move them across the country to Boston. In Boston, India is thrust into a high society life—something t
nick

Meh.
Super underwhelming and underdeveloped.
Beth Hudspeth
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I loved this story. Everyone has something they are hiding creating so much depth to the characters. I felt for them all. Not every choice is an easy one.
Maree Repa
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moving Far Away

Five Amazing Stars

I was absolutely thrilled to read this such most wonderful and exciting book. Written by my most favourite writer, Samantha Young. This is such a fantastic story which centres about the self discovery in families in Boston today. About Their strengths, worries and their dealing in contemporary life problems. I was was so completely flattered and just so excited to read and enjoy this most unbelievable book. It was certainly a winner!!

As India Max and Jay where so
Reanell Tisdale
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites-2017
5 stars!

I've been on a YA binge here lately and they've all been 5 stars! It's so refreshing to read YA and get a change up on the "scenery" so to say.

When I read the blurb for this book, I was roped in. I was dying to read it. And when I started? I didn't want to stop until I was finished. I loved every single page of this book. I adored the characters and the plot was not what I was expecting.

I seriously did NOT want this story to ever end. I wanted to stay in their world longer. India and F
Joanna
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Way to start the year with a PERFECT YA BOOK!
Sooo much love for this book. I really really LOVED THIS ONE!

One mind blowing thought that I can sum up to one big blob of a rant. Here goes...
I felt like crying.....
description
the main characters in this book all have their mask and facade. They wore it like a shield to hide what they really feel, what they really want and what they can't face. I can't help but admire them because they were strong through it all. They didn't lose the battle of depression or ab
aniryllis
Aug 16, 2016 marked it as wish-list  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-out
"[...] she finds herself unwillingly drawn to her new stepsister's longtime boyfriend, and discovers a secret that will either forge a bond between the three of them, or unravel the facades holding each of their lives together."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Janja
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Definitely a story I did not expect. The story that pulls you and does not leave you indifferent. I recommend!
Kelly
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Sam's books! It never fails to get my heart pumping and leave me feeling as if I was the main character in the story! Weird and it happens with Every. Single. Book. I have to space reading them as it leaves me drained. It's always too real and raw. She is really that good!!

I like India. She has lived with terrible abuse as a child. And that left her with trust issues and food issues. Now she lives with her mom, aka Hayley as India calls her. Her mom left her with her dad who was abusive t
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book to me. This was an amazing read. I really love how Samantha Young wrote the story. It dealt with a lot of issues that teens face today. This book tells the story of love and friendship as India moves to Boston to live with her future stepfather and stepsister. As the story progresses, India’s character gets more developed and I started to understand her more. Finn is another fabulous character. I thought he was strong for the things that he had been ...more
Jooke
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, favorites
Not the type of book I'm used from this author, but positively surprised.
This probably is one of the better YA-book I've read. The amount of topics covered in this book, doesn't make it "just a high-school drama" like the jock converts the shy, nerdy but beautiful girl to his popular arm candy. (Not that there is something wrong with that, it can be fun and entertaining as well). There is a lot of covered up drama (abuse, bullying, loss, poor vs rich prejudices, lgbtq, mixed families...), but i

• Running Barefoot
  • The Bright Effect
  • Emma's Secret
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Shattered Love (Shattered Love, #1)
  • Win Some, Lose Some
  • When To Let Go
  • Maybe This (The McCallans, #4)
  • Fast Time (Racing on the Edge #8)
  • Only a Breath Apart
  • Goodness, Grace and Me
  • The Moment
  • The Pumpkin Was Stuffed (The Holidays, #5)
  • A Boy Like You (Like Us, #1)
  • The Weight of Destiny (Misfits, #1)
  • None of the Regular Rules
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas #3)
  • Me After You (Willowhaven #1)
I'm a Scottish bookworm whose dream of writing full time came true. Thanks to readers my books have hit the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists and several of my books have been nominated for Goodreads Choice Awards. I write adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction. I'm currently published in 30 countries and I'm a #1 in ...more
“Even if it doesn’t look like it from the outside, I think if you look closely enough you’ll see the right ending is the happy ending.” I” 6 likes
“Oh my God, why did he have to be such a romantic pain in my ass? “I’m” 3 likes