Start by marking “Deep Quarry” as Want to Read:
Deep Quarry

Deep Quarry

Ben Takent is a private eye on a hot, dusty world at the edge of the civilized galaxy. When he’s asked to find out who is stealing artifacts from a 10,000-year-old archaeological dig in the desert, he reluctantly takes the case. Then, when it becomes clear that the artifacts are pointing to an ancient alien spacecraft, the stakes in the case go up—way up.
Published July 1st 2016 by ReAnimus Press (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Quarry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Quarry

Alessio
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Più thriller la prima parte, più scifi la seconda. Tiene col fiato sospeso fino al finale.
Jessica Bronder
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ben Takent is a private detective hired by Kate Dunlet. Kate is running an archeological dig and has discovered that some small artifacts are disappearing. Then a space ship is discovered at the dig. Ben and Kate now have a lot more on their hands since the space ship is still occupied by some not so friendly aliens.

This story reminds me of a classic noir detective story but with aliens mixed in. I like Ben, he was the smart mouthed detective. The opening scene where he is putting callers on hol
diana
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read any book by the author but since Deep Quarry is a mixture of sci-fi and mystery (both of which I love) I figured why not take the opportunity and start with this one?

Honestly this was an okay read for me. I liked the writing but there really wasn't anything about the book that stood out. I love the sci-fi aspect to it because come on, who wouldn't?
It was also different from what I expected. There was so much humor and I definitely didn't expect that from a book such as this one
Gustave
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every moment of this fast moving investigative sci-fi book. Also, it was the first book I read from front to back and got me hooked on science fiction genre.
Harper Valentine
I read this book years ago and thought it was great, but decided to re-read it.
How I thought this was so great I don't know.
John Stith is a great writer, I can only assume this was his first attempt at writing or I have a odd copy or something! The whole book uses the same words over and over and over and over...., the words are like the same words, the story was very spherical, like a sphere, the sphere of the story, was like walking in a sphere, you know how a sphere is very spherical, this s
Bev
May 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wouldn't call this a really successful blend of science fiction and mystery. I like both, And there are others who do it better (Asimov). This is okay.
Aimee
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is listed as a Sci-Fi book, but it's really a mystery thats set on another planet.
Scribal
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my least favorite Stith books. Whatever interest the story might have is drained by the tedium of the writing and plotting.
Kallierose
Seemed like a standard sci-fi adventure with a touch of mystery. But there was nothing about it that really grabbed me.
Zapple100
Jan 08, 2015
Jose Barbosa
Jan 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

PUSHBACK , a brand new mystery-suspense novel, was published in November 2018.

PUSHBACK : At his ten-year high-school reunion, an investment counselor finds he doesn't know one person there, and soon realizes he must outwit an unknown antagonist who wants him dead.

"...unsettling Hitchcockian thriller...Judicious use of humor provides some relief from the dark plot line. Fans of Daniel Palmer-esque