Start by marking “Trapped In Silver (Eldryn Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Trapped In Silver (Eldryn Chronicles #1)

Trapped In Silver (Eldryn Chronicles #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  259 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Courage comes from a shadowed place in our hearts; a blurred line that straddles love and sheer stupidity.
To seventeen-year-old Ava, wild woodcats, hungry stragglers, and simple-minded townsfolk are the evils she’s grown accustomed to. But when Ethan, an unusual man with eyes of smoke and fire opal, enters her world she quickly understands that there are worse things out
Paperback
Published February 7th 2017 by Oftomes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Trapped In Silver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped In Silver

Ben Alderson
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE:
I know I am bias because I publish this.. but I publish it for a reason. I loved it even more the second time I read it. Ava is so amazing and I love a slow burning fantasy. It really opens up this world for book two which i am SO ready to read soon!

OH MY GOD.
When reading submissions for Oftomes Publishing I look for many things.
Intrigue, romance, action, character development and a solid world.
This ticked all the boxes.

This story is filled with magic, world building and relationship. I
James Trevino
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I spent some time thinking if I should give this 2 or 3 stars. It ended up with 3 because of the humor (which worked quite well) and because it had a pretty strong, if totally predictable ending (twist). I am not a book critic (since my high average rating). When I read a book I don't search for faults. But when they are glaring it's impossible not to notice them. And that was the case here.

So, full disclosure, I know a lot of people first look at the plot when analyzing a book. I don't do that
Steven Brown
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Debut Author Is One To Watch

Here’s the thing about real people. They’re complicated. Okay, fine. We’re complicated. We can stand up to a pack of wolves with nothing but a knife at dusk and then shiver in a warm bed until dawn, terrified by a nightmare we don’t even remember. It doesn’t make any sense. Real people don’t always make sense. Emily Sowden gets that. She gets how real life works.

Take Ava. She might not be great at fighting, but she’s a survivor. She knows how to depend on herself
Tara
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got the chance to read this book early and had a lot of fun reading it! The magic and mystery is strong in this one, and it had me trying to figure out what was happening, with mixed success.
With an interesting cast of characters and Ava being the protagonist, I had a lot of fun going through this story!
Crazy4Books
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-books
The main character Ava was interesting but I didnt like how she kept getting in trouble by not making smart decisions. Although the trouble was entertaining. I enjoyed her sarcasm and tendency to be headstrong but I wanted her to be more persistant when demanding answers. Well she was persistant at times but the lack of answers was a little frustraring I liked how she was independent and took care of her farm. I also enjoyed the whole Cedar aspect. Some of her dreams were a little odd and didnt ...more
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Emily Sowden’s Trapped in Silver is another Oftomes novel I wanted to give a go and try to read. I love a good fantasy, so when the synopsis mentioned being sucked into a world of different creatures and discovering past truths, I was already intrigued!

This story has a very slow and steady pace. There is never anything that goes too fast that you won’t be able to understand it in the end. I really liked that it was so steady, and it never dragged – which I was worried it would. I also really lik
Christina Benjamin
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Spectacularly suspenseful. Spellbound to the very last page.”
“Sinister, seductive, breathless…I have chills!”

I hope you’re ready to be transported into a magical world right along with the main character. Trapped in Silver is a wild ride, full of suspense and mysterious characters wary to share their secrets. Layers are slowly pulled back until you start to realize you’re in over your head right along with the characters.

The characters are so unique. They’re depth and complicated relationships
Fey (feysbookishworld)
Song Choice: Shake it out - Florence + the machine
Review: Let me tell you, THIS IS A FRIGGIN AMAZING BOOK! Seriously I love this book. I love the storyline, and her writing style is just so perfect! Ava is a Friggin awesome character, from page One I was like “yas gurl, werk it. *flicks hair*” Her writing just pulls you into the story, I felt like I was transported to a new world. The emotions I felt reading this – oh my. I have so many theories but I think I’ll be posting them around March time
Sara
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I would like to thank the publisher for giving me the opportunity to review this novel.

I must say this book had a lot of interesting elements. I like Ava, her small town and the ambience it had going in the beginning and all of the sudden it all changes. And honestly that is what made me gave it three stars. We had such a interesting balance that got a bit of when the trio of boys gets introduced, I didn't care for them, they were odd and a bit cliché.

Another element that was lacking was world
Laura (bbliophile)
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is going to be a very difficult review to write, because most of the times I know what to write down before I start a review, but today, that’s different. I have no idea where to start this review, so let’s start on a positive note, and talk about the things I did like about Trapped in Silver.

The writing was great. It sucked me right in and wouldn’t let me go. It was definitely that kind of book where you forget what’s going on around you, because you’re so engrossed in the story.
I really e
Sofi Mascaró
I spent the last two days trying to find out how to put everything I felt with this book in words...

This is such a phenomenal story and I can't believe it was rejected so many times!!

Thanks to OfTomes publishing and Emily Sowden for providing me a free copy in exchange of a honest review :)

This story is like nothing I've read before. We have Ava, a teenage girl who takes care of her family farm, lives with her "brother" Roan and, in order to survive, dresses up as a man and calls herself Cedar.
XinaHailey
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emily is without a doubt the next big thing to hit high fantasy!
In my opinion, With a writing style reminiscent of Sarah J Maas and perfect for fans of ACOTAR, Trapped in Silver will leave you awaiting the next installment with bated breath!
Following a strong, resourceful, kick-ass heroine, with a whole host of wonderful multi-faceted characters, creatures and unpredictable twists and turns, this is easily one of my top reads of 2016.
Definitely one to watch! - I highly recommend you add this to
Meredith Grimm
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do I even start? I loved this book! I'm so glad that I had a chance to read it before it's release, so let's dive right into this review!
I love the writing style in this book. I also love the dual perspectives, I think it adds a lot to the story, and helps develop both characters on a deeper level. It moves along very quickly, and that's something I appreciate in a fantasy novel. I don't need eight chapters to describe the journey, and while Emily Snowden has painted absolutely stunning p
Stacy Fetters
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
"That cold, crippling terror choked me again as I felt someone else’s presence bent over the body on its other side. Our faces couldn’t have been more than a foot apart as wretched breath washed over my skin. Instinct took over and I was running. I fled from the tunnel and veered left, sprinting back the way I came."

I was supposed to be following along with the read-a-thon with the publishing house, but I couldn't stop reading this. Every time I put this book down, it kept calling my name and
Jessthebookslover
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spoiler-free review of Trapped in Silver by Emily Sowden.
This review copy was sent to me by @oftomes publishing, thanks once again for the opportunity!
Rating: 4/5 stars
So, here we go. I'm not lying when I say that a spell was cast on me on page one.
First thing I remember thinking was something that sounded like "hell yes" .
It was a long time since I read a fantasy so well structured and written!
SYNOPSIS:
Aideen
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: http://aideensbookobsession.blogspot....

*I received an eARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opiniorns are my own.*

My thoughts:
I liked Trapped in Silver but didn't love it. It was just meh for me.

My favourite character was Ava. She's headstrong and makes rash decisions but she's independent and sarcastic too which I liked.

There is a lot of characters in Trapped in Silver. There was so many that at times I was confused who was who, espe
Abby
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is a spoiler free review.

I gave this book a 4/5 stars. This is a great novel, and I recommend it to all fantasy lovers.

Here is the synopsis- Seventeen-year-old Ava is used to wild woodcats, homeless wanderers, and simple town people. But when a boy named Ethan arrives she quickly understands that there are worse things to deal with. She’s very good at lying to protect herself and she is an amazing fighter, but against the Berserker’s she is having difficulty maintaining her stance.

Near dead
Katie Brock
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Firstly, thanks to Ben and Oftomes Publishing for letting me read this book in an exchange for an honest review.

I'll try and make this review as spoiler free as possible!

Still deciding whether it's a 3.5 or a 4/5 rating, probably the latter but that's only because Ava was always putting herself in charge and in danger and I just thought "why?"

I'm not sure of the world, but for me, this book has a medieval setting, but there's mystery and monsters. Demons, people who look like us but with differe
Sabrina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I was a bit hesitant to start Trapped in Silver because I sometimes find high fantasy novels overwhelming. My worries were washed away by the first chapter. The author does an amazing job transporting readers to the world Ava is ensnared in while painting an eloquent setting. This book is told in 2 point of views, Ava and Ethan. I personally found Ava's POV and character very lively and headstrong. Ava is kickass.

There a
Mei
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, young-adult
Rating : 2 Stars

The dead didn’t get up and walk around in the real world. I looked at his feet. No shadow beneath the moonlight. It wasn’t possible.

Honestly I didn't have the high expectations when I picked up this one. But, dont give me wrong, it's because most people's first novels--sometimes--truly suck, so dont blame me. LOL. But this book's not totally bad for "debut novel". So, it's ok.

Oke, i'm going to make this review as simple as possible. So, here you go.
1. Ethan's point of view was
Jade
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not a skilled critic but here goes. I honestly enjoyed the book from its humour to the characters flirting and banter.
It fit so well together, however at the beginning I didn't settle into the book after about an hour of reading I was hooked and wanted to read more.
Ava is one of the strongest female characters that I have ever had the good graces of reading. Her story will impress you all.
It wasn't completely perfect but no book is. I enjoyed this book truely.
LadyMarauders_books
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trapped in Silver by Emily Sowden leads us into the life of the young Ava and how she finds herself inside a new and unknown world.
I started reading the book 5 days ago and almost instantly fell in love with it. For me Ava is a strong character that stays true to herself but she's not infallible which is really important to me. Many times in YA novels the female character seems almost too strong to really exist (physically and mentally) which is not the case here. Ava does make mistakes and has
Brittany Smith
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs to read this book-It's that good! I was utterly blown away by this lovely treasure and I can not wait until the next one!

The story is thick with imagination and the plot is seamless, I could not find a fault in it at all. Emily Sowden is able to describe a whole world that unfolds in your imagination and you are not left wanting that is for sure. This book will make you laugh, gasp, curse, tear up and root out loud for the characters.

I found the relationship between Ava, Ric and E
Gemma
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Ava who lives on, and practically runs, her families farm alongside her 'brother' Roan. She has to dress up as a boy, Ceder, in order to trade, take part in town life and ultimately survive. She's not like the usual girls in town, she doesn't want to be matched and she often has strange recurring nightmares. One night Ava is attacked by a group of what only can be described as beasts. She is rescued by another group of strangers and suddenly she realizes that there's a whole ...more
Anna Holland
3.5 🌟 !! I wasn't loving it at the beginning but OMG THOSE LAST 150 PAGES MY GOD !
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This book was quite a surprise to me and I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. The Story was intriguing, seductive, mysterious and adventurous. Though it was a slow paced read, I didn’t get bored at all. The world is absolutely fantastic with all the monsters and demons, and the characters are pretty interesting too. Honestly, this book was such a delight to read but I wish there was a bit more action in it. Nonetheless, it was a great
Jasmine
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well shit...

Now I have to wait a year for the next one ... but I shall, because it was that good.
Chynna Williams
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Hello everybody, and welcome back to The CW Torch. Today, I will be reviewing Trapped In Silver by Emily Sowden, which I received for free from OfTomes publishing in return for an honest review! I was extremely excited to start reading this book, because I had read New World Rising written by Jennifer Wilson, which was published by OfTomes as well. I really enjoyed that book, so I was very excited to read another from OfTomes. I also knew that this was a debut novel from Emily Sowden, and I'm al ...more
Keri
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

I enjoyed this book immensely. Whenever I had to put the book down to do something else, I found myself thinking about the story, eager to learn what would happen next.

Trapped in Silver features Ava, an oddity among her traditionalist and conformist town. Ava has to lead two lives in order to survive and go about her daily life. Everything changes when she's brutally chased and attacked after (rebelliously) going to town for a festival.

Ava was a delightful protagonist, e
Sabrina
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am the type of person who is absolutely obsessed with High fantasy novels, so when I saw that Trapped in Silver was being compared to some pretty fantastic YA reads I knew I had to check it out. This book is definitely a very well written fantasy that I quite enjoyed.

Right from the beginning me as a reader was transported into a magically world filled with all kinds of creatures. We have our Demons and I'm we have our Berserkers. Now the real question is, which one are you? These two differen
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Dec 29, 2016 01:36PM
Ever since I was a kiddie there have been four things I've been obsessed with: reading, writing, video games and tea.

Coming from a large, scatty family, Mum gave me a love of reading (judge that from the book piles creeping up the walls and shoved under desks) and Dad gave me a grand love of technology.

When I'm not sneaking in time to write another chapter I can be be found news editing for Pocket
More about Emily Sowden

Eldryn Chronicles (3 books)
  • Lost in Darkness (Eldryn Chronicles, #2)
  • Untitled (Eldryn Chronicles, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)