Start by marking “Stories For Rainy Days” as Want to Read:
Stories For Rainy Days

Stories For Rainy Days

It was rainy day, with a hot darjeeling tea, warm striped blanket and polka dot socks. One perfect moment to read stories for cats.
Published May 30th 2016 by Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia

To ask other readers questions about Stories For Rainy Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories For Rainy Days

Arief Bakhtiar D.
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
H

"Alone does not necessarily mean lonely."
―Lettisia Gianti

SETIDAK-TIDAKNYA bagi saya, buku Stories for Rainy Days seperti ditulis untuk merayakan ingatan-ingatan yang tak sempat terpikirkan dalam-dalam ketika manusia berada di tengah keramaian/ kesibukan. Maka saya bayangkan Naela Ali menjauh dari ketegangan hidup, sengaja lari dari kebisingan yang hiruk pikuk, dan menyendiri. Dan saya bayangkan, ketika saya membaca Stories for Rainy Days, saat itulah saya mengetahui apa-apa yang tengah dipikirk
omni voread er
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
"Sometimes you meet a person and you just click-you're comfortable with them, like you've known them your whole life, and you don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything." - halaman 16

"But now, things are different. We turned into strangers." - halaman 20.
Marina
Thanks a lot Gramedia.com for the 70% discount from IDR 110.000 into IDR 33.000! Happy Harbolnas!
--------------------------
** Books 44 - 2017 **

Buku ini untuk memenuhi Tsundoku Books Challenge 2017

3,4 dari 5 bintang!

"I realized that life is all about letting go - letting go our own egos that we are willing to make certaim amount of efforts and energy to take the risks and accept the good or bad circumstances that might happen for the one we love

Letting go also means that sometimes, no matter
Irma Agsari
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Lately, I came across Naela Ali’s instagram account (her username is @naelaali) quite often, because apparently some of my followings are her followers. So I kind of check her feeds every now and then because it is decent, clean, and I love the tone of her pictures. Her artworks are also great. Based on those stalking activities, I found out that recently she just published a short story collection. It was originally self-published, but this year, a major publisher republished it.

Just like othe
afin
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rated 4 / 5 stars

Synopsis:
It was a rainy day,
with a hot darjeeling tea,
warm striped blanket
and polka dot socks.
One perfect moment
to read stories
for cats.

Review:
Stories for Rainy Days is a collection of stories by Naela Ali. If you are familiar with Naela Ali then you must've known that a book with the same title had been self-published by her before. I'm not sure if the self-published version was different than this one since I didn't read that one. By the way, if you are not familiar with Naela
an
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I need to remind myself that I don't have to write review of every book that I read. Especially this one. Well, this still considered as a review, just not an in-depth one.

I noticed (and followed) Naela Ali for her artworks. Her watercolor illustration to be exact. When her self-published book published by a big publisher (in hardcover!) I knew that I will buy it... I did, when it was on a book sale. And, oh God, how I am not regretting I didn't buy it in normal price. This book is.... well, let
Ayu Yudha
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
baca bareng marina di bulan februari 2017, saya suka ilustrasinya.
semacam bukunya lala bohang ya, tapi yang ini tidak sekelam bukunya lala sih ya.
pengin baca yang vol. 2-nya juga nih..
Faizah Aulia R

"That solitary moment you have at a crowded place, when nothing else matters, only you and your book.
That is bliss."

Enggak berasa warm banget sesuai blurbnya, tapi lebih ke galaw......................................
beda selera 'warm' aja kali yha hwhwhw

suka banget ilustrasinya sih, big fan of her sejak follow di IG nya dulu2 kkk
alis
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
ilustrasinya bagus tapi sayang aku ga suka isinya terlalu cheesy buatku 😐
Shanya Putri Siahaan
So quote-able😍

Bahasanya juga ringan, mudah dimengerti. Yang mau belajar bahasa Inggris boleh, nih, dicoba. Biar sekalian ada nyeseknya😏😌

Ilustrasinya sangat cantik😍❤ Sayangnya di Scoop gambarnya jadi pecah-pecah😂

Minusnya, di beberapa chapter ada kalimat yang metaphornya diulang. Not really a big problem for me, tho. Tapi aneh juga rasanya baca paragraf baru tapi ngerasa "Eh, ini kan yang dibaca tadi?"😂
Nura
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Read Harder Challenge 2018 #1: A one-sitting book

The size help to finished it in one-sitting. Read it on my way home from work. For the most part, I felt that the stories like a continuation from the previous story. But suddenly, it's not. Its kinda threw me of the track. I get why people would love this book. Its sweet. Luckily I read Love is... by Puuung first, so it didn't get me a cavity for my teeth because its sweetness. But there are also bitterness when the girl got her heart break. It r
Kitty Wibisono
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I love this book better than the last one

One of my fave quotes:

Forever was a word too strong to be said. And anything could turn into promises and I didn't want to say something that I was not sure myself.

You can not always get what you want even if you want to. Things not always turn to be the one you hoped it would be.

Chrysantiani Rahmavita
I personally love this edition (hardcover with minimalist cover design and the cat illustration is my favorite). Stories for Rainy Days comes with deeper love story along with those hipster (or not so hipster) songs mentioned at some pages (maybe for some people it is uneasy because they have to listen it first if they're really want to know) yet some pages didn't change from the first edition. The illustrations also become more elegant and mature. A tiny book of tiny stories by Joseph Gordon-Le ...more
Gita
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
"Love is a funny thing, you know, you felt that it was so real and you thought you would die to live without that certain person, but then one day, you woke up feeling nothing about him. Like, the feeling was vanished just like that. And you look at that person with nothing at all. Like you often wonder, 'how did I ended up loving this man?'
Well, love is funny.
Life is funny."
littleflow3r
3 stars for the cute illustrations, 1 stars for the story, so 2 stars :D
The stories are totally cheesy, and it's like peeking into someone's personal diary, and honestly it made me uncomfortable. But, I really like its illustration!
Dita Azzahra
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was a rainy day, with a hot darjeeling tea, warm striped blanket, and polkadot socks. one perfect moment to read stories for cats
cindy
Feb 22, 2017 added it
Shelves: abtlvng-sketsa
dnf @ p.102

Lovely book, but got overdosed by "menye2" thought. X)
Yuliaj
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Astaga, bolehkah saya kaget sendiri?!!! Ini adalah satu-satunya buku tercepat yang saya habiskan bukan hanya dalam satu malam, melainkan dua jam. Lol. Padahal, baca buku yang berhalaman ratusan biasanya seperti kura-kura berjalan.

Isi bukunya oke sih. Banyak makna yang berhubungan dengan romansa yang bisa dipetik, atau lebih cocok disebut sebagai gambaran isi hati seorang wanita/gadis yang sedang merasakan pasang surut dunia cinta yang ambigu. Tapi, satu hal yang sangat saya harapkan, kalau isi b
Harlystia Rini
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penasaran sama buku ini setelah baca Things and Thoughts I Drew When I was Bored.
Steven S
Baca versi terbitan kpg.

Nice book btw.
miaaa
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fictions-others
It's encouraging that more and more young Indonesian authors wrote interesting stories like these. I wonder though, for such young age with classic music reference, how far would she go?!
Rose Gold Unicorn
dari judulnya aja dah bisa ketebak kan ini buku tipikal menye menye
Opat
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been a fan of naela ali's works for about a year (more or less), so buying this book is one of the appreciation that I can do for her. I bought directly from her so I got the signed copy, set of stickers, and a postcard. The card even written by hand so it is such a special one.

Anyway, It is a good book. I don't need to talk about the ilustration but The writings ain't that incredible maybe because I hope I can relate but I just can't lol. Nonetheless some are special, I decided to give one
Shirley Ririhena
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indonesian
Stories for rainy days is a compilation of short stories accompany with author's original artworks. It written in English and talk about a girl's past love life, it's bittersweet and make me feel melancholy especially since i read it by the window when it's raining. The artworks are soooo pretty, you can see more details about this book on @storiesforrainydays instagram, i would recommend it to anyone looking for short stories or light reading.
Roos
I'm tired of feeling things that I should never feel.
I'm tired of hoping things that I should never hope.
I'm tired of loving the one I should never love.
I'm tired of missing the one I should never miss.
I'm tired of being tiredly tired to feel tired of something so tiring.

- Naela Ali -

A book that can make you feel warm with incredible Illustrations, simple stories about love and ordinary things that connects us to the nature especially on a rainy day.
Anggun P.W
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-on-scoop
Im tired of feeling things that i should never feel
Im tired of hoping things that i should never hope
Im tired of loving the one i should never love
Im tired of missing the one i should never miss
Im tired of being tiredly tired to feel tired of something so tiring

Wondering why this book doesnt feel enchanting to me?hmmm, maybe im just tired
Fadhilatul
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well, actually I didn't finish this book. too mellow. and yeah like the title is, I'm really like in the rainy season with blue condition. and I don't really like it this time. maybe sometime I would give it another try.
Sulis Peri Hutan
Jun 26, 2016 marked it as ngantri-dibaca
Shelves: koleksiku
nggak sengaja kesasar ke IG penulis, woaahhhhhh HARUS PUNYA BUKU INI!!! ilustrasinya keceeeeeee banget, semoga jodoh ya :p
Mira Afianti
It feels like reading teen-lit, in a different form.
Well, the illustrations is really good though.
Don't look Back in Anger