Start by marking “Between Now and Forever (Callaways, #4)” as Want to Read:
Between Now and Forever (Callaways, #4)

Between Now and Forever

(Callaways #4)

From #1 NY Times Bestselling Author Barbara Freethy comes a romantic and suspenseful new novel in the popular family series, The Callaways.

Nicole met Ryan when he was a handsome, cocky teenager with a desire to fly high above the clouds. Ryan encouraged Nicole to dream big and promised her a lifetime of happiness, but several years into their lives together, they were fac
Published (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Between Now and Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Now and Forever

Shari
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Freethy has done it again. The Callaway clan drew me in from the beginning. The story of Nicole and Ryan has mystery, suspense and romance. It is always great to catch up with the Callways. This book is a part of a series but can be read as a stand alone.
Vikki Vaught
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid 5 Stars!

I heard Barbara Freethy speak at RWA 2015 and was very impressed. When I discovered this book on sale for 99 cents and the audio version for $1.99, I decided it was time to read one of her books. I’m so glad I found this one!

Nicole Prescott is estranged from her husband when their autistic son, Brandon disappears from the Halloween school festival. Her soon-to-be ex-husband joins her as they search for their missing son.

As they follow the clues to their little boy, Nicole and Ryan
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
I have been waiting for Nicole and Ryan’s story ever since we were introduced to Brandon, because any story about them was bound to tell us about Brandon. I have been really curious about Brandon’s condition and have been hoping for a miracle for him.

Nicole and Ryan have been together since they can remember. They were so much in love! They have always been there for each other. But with Brandon being diagnosed with Autism, their different outlook of the situation wedged a gap between them, espe
Caz Malpas
3.5 - 4 STARS

Another good book in The Callaways series. This one is telling the story of Nicola Callaway, she has an autistic son, her marriage has broken down and she's missing her estranged husband.

When tragedy strikes she needs her soon to be ex like she never has before, will he be there for her.
A good story that keeps you guessing who dunnit, kept me interested.

NEXT PLEASE........
Gaele

A couple since their teens, Nicole and Ryan started an idyllic life. Everything is fine until their five year old adopted son Brandon is diagnosed with autism, and the strain as they seek out multiple ineffective treatments, deal with increased costs and Nicole finds herself juggling her time and attention between husband and child. Ryan is feeling ignored and unwanted, and shuffled to the side, reignighting his own issues with his own father as a child.. A common issue with couples after childr
Isha Coleman
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
What would you do for those you love? How far would you go to protect them? This book really had me pondering that question. Nicole and Ryan fell in love as teens. They married and adopted their son Brandon as a baby. Everything seemed perfect until Brandon was diagnosed with autism. Nicole and Ryan are now on the verge of divorce. When Brandon disappears both are beside themselves. Now they must work together to get him back. Along the way they are confronted with secrets and danger. A suspense ...more
Jackie
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found it rather insulting to kids with autism and their families, which is unfortunate. I've enjoyed some of the author's other work, but really wish sometime had been spent with adoptive families of children severely impacted by autism.
Krista
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series and the Callaway family. This was a clean romance with a twist. The couple's son is kidnapped and new family connections are found along the way. Beautifully written; it makes you want to hold your loved ones close.
steph
The plot lines of these books just keep getting more and more soap opera-y. Not going to lie, crazy plot linee aside I loved this couple the most out of the four books I've read so far. It helped that I felt they had the most realistic connection, what with them being married but separated.
E-Reader Addict
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Barbara Freethy is an author I see frequently in the emails I receive daily that offer book deals, so I decided to give Between Now and Forever a chance.

I love a second-chance love story - especially one of a married couple. Throw in some suspense, and I was hooked. But not wanting to give away too much of the story makes it hard to write a review. So I’ll just say this: this was a good, solid romantic suspense book.

I loved reading Nicole and Ryan’s story. As much as I don’t want to r
Gwen S.
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryan and Nicole Are Back Together, Again Plus Three! 3.75***** Spoiler Alert!

Ryan and Nicole are finally back as a unit as they search for and locate their kidnapped son, Brandon, who has autism. Along the way, they discover Brandon's twin, Kyle who was also kidnapped, and his mother Jessica. The underlying family dynamics, involving a teen pregnancy, drug addiction, grandparent kidnapping, and family secrets resurface six years later and are the basis of this gravity defying novel.

The well dev
Becky
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicole and Ryan have been in love for what seems like forever. There dreams of the perfect life and family were smashed when their adopted son Brandon was diagnosed with autism. Brandon started out as a normal baby and little boy and then suddenly withdrew into his own world. Nicole spent every second of hers and Brandon's days looking for more cures, doctors and therapies, determined to get her little boy back. Her obsession and disillusionment pushed Ryan out of their world. Ryan and Nicole's ...more
Marcia  Haskell
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The magic of twins

A lovely story about 2 families whose sons were kidnapped. One family has an adopted son, Brandon, who is autistic and who rejects contact with people, including his mother and father. As a result of the strain of Brandon’s autism, his parents have separated and planning to divorce.

The second family has Kyle, whose adoptive mother and father have died. Before his death, Kyles father remarried and he now lives with his mother, the second wife.

Until the kidnappings, neither ado
Nicole  Henderson
I loved, loved, loved this book. There is a lot going on. If you have read other books in this series, you know these characters pretty well. This author has a way of weaving a love story around chaos. These characters are going through it and the Calloway family is in full effect. Everyone is working to find Brandon, Nicole and Ryan’s autistic son. This book takes readers through ups and downs and just when you think you have figured it out, you’re thrown for a loop. I loved every second of it.
Karole Petty
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite so far.... Love how Ryan & Nicole's story is so true with a lot of relationships of today. Its hard to keep a relationship from falling apart from the stresses of everyday life especially when you have a child with special needs. Love the tenderness, honesty and forgiveness they showed each other to reconnect for the sake of their relationship and their child. Great mystery added to the romance of the story …..can not wait to start the next one to see whos story is next!! ...more
Ann-marie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this series. Nicole and her hubby Ryan had been introduced in earlier books so it was great to see their story and how they came to be separated. This book is so much more than romance. Its suspense mystery and intrigue. Nicole and Ryan son goes missing. They both come together to find their son. Storyline takes them on an adventure to various clues and places through California to find their son and on they way to this they begin to find they way back to each other.
Jeanne Dembenski
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story had some heart wrenching plots, and something no parent wants to ever have to experience. Nicole and Ryan have lots to deal with and find that the problems only bring them closer and they work well together and dig deep to bring their little boy home. And, they find a twin they never had a clue about and when both boys are safely home the families vow to stay close and raise their boys
Vicki Johnson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovers to Strangers to Lovers again

I did enjoy this book in this series! Autism is such a difficult disorder to deal with! You love your child, but loose the connection you have to that child... each situation is different! The beauty of this story is that a mother’s love prevails... maybe not with happy endings all the way around, but leaves you with hope that cannot be denied!
Charlsie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best in the series so far. What a storyline. I have a friend who's daughter has two autistic children and I know how hard it can be. You could just feel the pain and frustration for both Nicole and Ryan. But love is unconditional. Loved the ending. Hope we see more of Brandon and Kyle.
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked on the Callaways

Ryan & Nicole have been separated for several months when their autistic child disappears. They deal with their worries for their son & awkwardness of their relationship as the search for their child gets more tangled. I have read several of the books in this series & Freethy never disappoints with romantic & suspenseful tales.
Brittany Mchugh
Now and Forever

This was a bit of a letdown compared to the other stories in this series. The plot was interesting but the writing felt a little off. A bit too basic I would say. I do recommend just be prepared
Eileen Gernet
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

This book took me on an emotional rollercoaster I'll not soon forget. I don't want to give the story away, but if you have a special needs child you have to read this book. Don't miss this one.
Bonnie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Between Now and Forever

I loved the story line to this read. How can someone separate twins like that and then years down the road decide they are needed and take it upon themselves to kidnap them for their happiness.
Bonnie Tharp
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again Freethy creates an interesting set of circumstances that keep you turning the pages from beginning to end. I am truly enjoying the Callaway series and will be reading #5 pretty soon. Enjoy the ride, my friends - it's great fun.
Joy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite things about this book is that it is about a married couple falling in love again. I'm not sure this is a completely realistic view of having a child with autism, but it was a fun read.
Michelle
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and I am completely hooked!! I can’t wait to go read the rest of the series. I loved the characters; Nicole and Ryan were both strong and vulnerable and just perfect together.
Kimberly
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED!!

This was such a touching story. I would definitely recommend reading this book and passing it on to your friends when you are done.
Katie Chapman
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

An amazing story, but I refuse to wreck it by giving up the plot or the ending. Suffice it to say, I really couldn't put it down.
E
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm picking up the Callaways series again. Enjoyable read--a feel-good novel.
Karen Whooley
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun
One of my favorites!

Barbara Freethy never disappoints. The story of Nicole and Ryan has to be my favorite in the Callaway series. Love always finds its way in the end.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Her Kind of Trouble
  • Never Without Hope (Sacred Vows, #1)
  • Sandwich, with a Side of Romance (Sandwich #1)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Baby Girl (Memory House, #4)
  • Blame It on Paris
  • Deep Autumn Heat (Star Harbor Book 1)
  • Freefall (Aftershock, #2)
  • Betrayed (Angels of Affection, #1)
  • Luck of the Draw (Chance of a Lifetime #2)
  • The Treasure of the Celtic Triangle (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #2)
  • High Seas Deception
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • Home Fire Inferno (Troubleshooters, #16.7; Troubleshooters-Izzy Novellas, #2)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Cottonwood Whispers (Jessilyn Lassiter, #2)
  • Sunset Point (Shelter Bay, #8)
  • Forgotten Enemy (The Powers Of Influence, #1)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe

Callaways (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • On A Night Like This (Callaways, #1)
  • So This Is Love (Callaways, #2)
  • Falling For A Stranger (Callaways, #3)
  • All a Heart Needs (Callaways, #5)
  • That Summer Night (Callaways, #6)
  • When Shadows Fall (Callaways #7)
  • Somewhere Only We Know (Callaways, #8)
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
  • Tender is the Night (Callaways #10)
  • Closer to You (Callaways, #11)
“That was the way of relationships. If no one fought for them, they ended.” 3 likes