Start by marking “I Just Want to Be Perfect” as Want to Read:
I Just Want to Be Perfect

I Just Want to Be Perfect

I Just Want to Be Perfect is the fourth book in the bestselling I Just Want to Pee Alone series. It brings together 37 hilarious and relatable essays that showcase the foibles of ordinary women trying to be perfect.

The cult of perfection is a thing. As women, we are constantly inundated with "helpful" and/or "ah-may-zing" tips to improve our looks, please our men, raise t
Published May 27th 2016 by @throat_punch books

To ask other readers questions about I Just Want to Be Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Just Want to Be Perfect

Meredith Spidel
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Slightly biased, as I'm one of the authors, but this book is a treat! Obviously funny, but what rang loudest for me was the undercurrent of hope and encouragement offered by all the writers--this life is a far from perfect thing, and that's okay! We're in this together--and we can laugh about it. Grab a copy and come hang out with some new friends.
Michelle
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great collection of funny stories by brutally honest women. I read a couple a night and laughed at almost every single one.

I definitely recommend this for more mature readers. The stories are by moms, about motherly topics, so many of the stories contain topics and language for mature readers.
Suzanne
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a hilarious reminder that the pursuit of perfection is a farce, and the only perfect way to be is perfectly content with life's little hiccups. Finding in those small moments of imperfection the messages that family is messy, life is unpredictable, and perfection is an unattainable goal, the authors lay out in fun and inventive detail the insights they've found in their imperfect moments, the ones we'll all cherish the most, no doubt.
Bev Wall
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Culmination of several short stories, article, ditties, written by young women, some mothers, that strive to be perfect and fail - some miserably. It's funny and I could relate with many of the stories, folks, this is not in-depth reading if that is what you're looking for. It's nice to commiserate, to know that there are others out there that feel like you do, or have done crazy or embarrassing things like you've done, all in the name of perfection. It was a fun read.
Kathleen Kirchner
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as fun as the first three.
Suzanne
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, nonfiction
The stories in this were very relatable - almost TOO relatable sometimes! 3.5 stars.
Abby
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women
A series of humorous essays about how women feel pressure to be perfect all the time. More hit and miss than the others in the series, but still very good.
Karen Johnson
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Laughed all the way through. Although these stories are embarrassing and hilarious, and you'll be glad they didn't happen to you... They are so relatable -- from embarrassing haircuts to getting stuck in clothes that are too tight to cringe-worthy moments with other moms at your kid's school. We all have at least one mortifying story. This book will make you feel better about yours!
Julia
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic collection of essays! I could relate to each one in some way. The women in this book should be applauded for sharing their vulnerable attempts at perfection. They share their stories honestly and often hilariously. A must-read for women everywhere.
LaShelle
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I know one of the writers in this book and so she nicely signed it for me and off I went to read it and LOVED it!! I identified with so many stories, like I literally wondered if I could have ghost written it! It's an easy read, seriously funny and did I say funny?!?
Andra Watkins
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sidesplitting! These ladies weave their writing wizardry on everything from the perils of dieting to the horrors of lunching with the in-laws. No situation is too sacred for some hilarious comeuppance. The perfect read for everyone, because we all need more laughs in our lives.
Veronica Keeney
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Consistently funny!I was reminded of my own nearly disastrous experience of encouraging my Pyro tendencies.It is deeply satisfying and therapeutic,but best well thought out indeed.
Rochel
May 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not as funny as the other books in the series.
Sue-Ellen
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lots of fun

Loved this book as much as the others! Had m laughing and sometimes agreeing throughout the book. Quick and fun read.
Michele
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So funny!

Such a refreshing diversion from the "I'm perfect and you should be too -- here's how" books. It's a bonus that's it's pee your pants funny!
Elissa Imran
Julie
Dec 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Real Housewives Get Personal
  • What's Up Down There?: Questions You'd Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend
  • Check, Please!: Dating, Mating, and Extricating
  • Follow the Model: Miss J's Guide to Unleashing Presence, Poise, and Power
  • In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks
  • Sweet Summer: Growing up with and without My Dad
  • Inside Star Trek: The Real Story
  • You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl: Observations on Life from the Shallow End of the Pool
  • Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives
  • All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge
  • Jackie Oh!
  • Wry Martinis
  • See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit
  • Losing My Faculties: A Teacher's Story
Jen Mann of People I Want to Punch in the Throat is the hilarious author of the New York Times best seller, People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Competitive Crafters, Drop Off Despots, and Other Suburban Scourges and Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat. She also contributes to and publishes the New York Times best selling I Just Want to Pee Alone series of books. Her b ...more
“649.133: Girls, the Care and Maintenance Of,” 0 likes