Start by marking “Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting Volume 1

Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting Volume 1

Fresh out of art school and creatively unfulfilled, Molly is stuck in the suburbs with her parents and their cat, Pishi. When she is offered an opportunity to cat sit, she sees it as a way to get closer to her friends who live in the Los Angeles Arts District while fulfilling her dream of making a living as an artist.
Published November 18th 2015 by EMET Comics

To ask other readers questions about Finding Molly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Molly

Whispering Stories
Molly Sanchez-Talebi, is a young woman, an art grad. She lives with her parents and their pet cat. She has plenty of dreams for her future, including one day being a full-time artist.

After drawing a cat portrait, a woman notices her work and offers her a cat-related job. She wants her to cat sit for her whilst she is away for the weekend. Needing the money, Molly agrees.

But what do you do whilst looking after cats for someone else? Crazy cats at that. Yep, you write a comic-blog about them!

I’m a
Skye Kilaen
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun new adult comic about a biracial young artists who's flailing around about what to do with her life, when she's offered a job catsitting the feline from hell. Her clients are pleased with both her sitting and the cartoons she's drawn of their little furball, and Molly becomes internet famous for her cat drawings. That's not the artistic vision she had for her life, and it doesn't meet her goal of moving out of her parents' place and into the city to start Real Life (tm), but what else can ...more
Liana Kangas
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trades
Honestly I am always in the search of a "feel good" indie comic. They are so few and far between. This comic is definitely one of my favorites because it's easily relatable to me being about an artist and the struggles finding one's niche. It's well written and has awesome artwork; a powerhouse if you will. I'm excited to see where the rest of the story line takes Molly.
Tilly Booth
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS NEW GRAPHIC NOVEL ALERT. Sort of...It's an awesome, cat filled, diverse web comic that will be doing a kickstarter in the future to print this comic. Which will be well worth it because it was a funny, easy and laugh out loud story following Molly. (This is the review for #1-#5)

Molly is an artist living with her parents, struggling to get by and spending time with her loveably cat, Pishi. However, her inspiration to of art is kind of lacking. All she can manage is drawings of
Elizabeth Mathis
Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting is a graphic novel about Molly Sanchez-Talebi, an unemployed art school grad who hesitantly starts catsitting to pay the bills. She dreams of breaking out of suburbia and her artistic rut, but she has a lot of self-discovery to do before that happens. The comic follows her funny misadventures as she learns that maybe these (sometimes) friendly felines are just what she needs to get her life on track.

Rating: 4/5 Penguins
Quick Reasons: adorable, GORGEOUS a
Emily
Molly is an art school graduate with no job and no inspiration, still living at her parents’ house. Her parents are great people, but Molly thought she would have more to draw about than her family’s cat. But then a woman notices her cat drawings and hires her to cat-sit for the weekend, inspiring her to start a web comic about her crazy cat-sitting experiences. Perhaps Molly has more hope for the future than she thought.

Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting was an interesting first volume
Ginger Woods
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So book one, right away the art sucked me in. It was super cute, I adored her family cat! He seemed to always be in her way, but he was so adorable and loving. I found Molly as a character to be okay, she seemed to be really struggling with her art. I think she was just making excuses not to paint. I want to publish a book, and I have so many excuses to not write.

Sometimes an artist just has to sit down and do a crappy project, just so they can find their mojo.

Even a bad painting, or a badly wri
Rebecca
This is a must read for anyone who likes cats and fun cute comics! Super adorable.
Christopher Schmitz
I have a certain fondness for comics—both traditional superheroes as well as graphic novels. Those with any affinity for the format knows that there is so much more to it than mere ka-pow, action, and fisticuffs. There is an art to the pacing—to telling the story in frames and boxes instead of paragraphs. Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting does the job superbly well. I especially appreciated the art style which didn’t feel the need to give everybody six-pack abs and one-size fits all CW b ...more
Tara
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far, this is the best graphic novel I’ve ever read. Loved the story, characters, art and colours.
Charles Bush
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled across this comic by reading a great review of it on IGN. I'm so glad I made my comic store order this for me. It's a crying shame this book is not as popular as other indie comics and, thus, is so hard to find. Finding Molly is the perfect story for any young person chasing down their dream. It's a coming-of-age story that reminds you that you get in life what you put out. And to top it off the art is vibrant and beautiful, and the dialogue and tone is true and relatable; Prado defin ...more
Casey Frank
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Molly and her cast of family, friends, and cats when it was a web comic, so much so, that I happily contributed to the Kickstarter campaign to create a published volume.
This collection is the perfect fun read for anyone who is brave enough to pursue a career in the arts, for anyone who feels the doubt and frustration in becoming an independent adult, for anyone who plays the comparison game too much when it comes to finding personal satisfaction.
And, it's also a fab read for anyone who l
Joseph Fuchs
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I originally only read issue #2 and never got the chance to read the rest of the series. Afterwards I was gifted this graphic novel by one of my friends over the holidays and was super happy to be able to read the entire series. By far my favorite character is Rome haha!

Totally worth reading, and I highly recommend!
Lilly McKeon
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can totally relate to a struggling young artist who finds a voice for herself in LA. This graphic novel is really inspirational and feels empowering to my own endeavors. And the art is so beautifully drawn,I couldn't put it down.
Josh Ian
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite graphic novels of all time. In addition to the story, the bonus content was really cool to look at! Definitely appreciated that the artist and publisher added that in there.
After finishing the book, I bought one for my niece to help spread the word.
clairebear713
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I met the author, and she is so nice! I can't wait to buy the sequel!
Amanda
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This was so cute. I love it.
Sandra Lopez
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a graphic novel about a girl named Molly, who works at a book shop, and feels uninspired and listless. Before, she was an ingenious artist looking to take the art world by storm. And, now…well, now she has her cat.

It seems that her cat is involved in every aspect of Molly’s life. He’s just there—always there! What?! What do you want?!

To top it all off, Molly has her parents, who explicitly stated, “Listen, either you look for a job today, or you look for a husband.” *Sigh* Why do Mexican
Deb
I’ve looked at graphic novels before, but never really sat down and read one. When EMET Comics offered me a review copy of Finding Molly, it looked like something I’d enjoy – bookstore, cats, art, and a young woman struggling post-college to find herself. So although I have no understanding of the genre and no basis for comparison, I gave it a shot, and I’m really glad I did. I read it in nearly one sitting, and then read it again to see all the little things I missed the first time.

Molly is ou
Jessica Bronder
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly is just out of college and trying to find her place in the world. Presently she is living with her parents are she finds a niche for her art. She finds herself creating cat portraits and ends up becoming a cat sitter. She starts saving up and manages to get an apartment in the building with her friends. But Molly is struggling and still having a hard time adjusting.

I really liked this book. I LOVE graphic novels and since I am a huge cat fan I just couldn’t say no to this book.

Molly wants
Meghan P
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun graphic novel to read. The story was very well written and cute as could be- not to mention the art was amazing and filled with cats. (Duh.) What could be better? Highly recommend.
Haruka Chan
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the few good things that happened in 2016. Anyone into reading indie comics and empowering women should definitely check out this series. Molly understands the struggles of finding ourselves in everyday life and mixes it in with cats. I mean, what's not to love?
Jim Leesch
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic.
Amanda Miller
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is cute. I love the art style and I'm excited to read more eventually.
Ali
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely book: great art, compelling coming of age story, and cats! I couldn't be happier to read this with a cat by my side. So worth it!
Erica McGillivray
This is an adorable coming of age and moving out of your parents' house story. Plus, cats.
Emma
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this! Warms my crazy cat lady heart.
Johanna
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the cutest comic. The artwork is beautiful and adorable, and the story is a sweet coming-of-age story about a young adult finding her way in the world, and it's very relateable. I loved it.
Nicki Markus
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am not a huge reader of graphic novels, but when the publisher approached me to review, I liked the premise of this story, so I decided to give it a try. On the whole, I'm glad I did. The story is wonderful and very true to life (speaking as a creative myself). It gets across some great messages in a fun and engaging way. The illustrations were great and I thought the story moved at a good pace. The only downside for me was the issue of reading it as an eBook. In print, there'd be no issues, b ...more
Kate