Start by marking “The Key to Everything” as Want to Read:
The Key to Everything

The Key to Everything

College senior Oakland Fuller has always believed in signs and soulmates, so when both a therapist and a fortuneteller say that her repeated relationship failures are due to unresolved feelings for her high school boyfriend, Seth, Oakland tries desperately to get back in touch with him. Problem: Seth isn’t responding to her online messages.

To rescue Oakland from a p
Published January 9th 2018 by Paula Stokes (first published November 7th 2017)

Start your review of The Key to Everything
Sara (sarabara081)
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Paula Stokes wrote a New Adult novel, y’all! I’ve been reading her YA books for years and she has grown to be a favorite author of mine so when I heard something a little spicier with college age characters was on the horizon I jumped at the chance to read it.

I found the writing to be very comparable to her YA works. The author is excellent at creating these characters that are quite flawed but very likable. Characters you can’t help but to root for and that’s exactly the type of cha
alice (arctic books)
I was really excited to read Paula’s newest, and I jumped in without really looking at the synopsis. THE KEY TO EVERYTHING is very reminiscent to other traveling / romance books, particularly to a more recent novel, I SEE LONDON, I SEE FRANCE. THE KEY TO EVERYTHING follows Oakland and Morgan, both college seniors as they travel to Thailand and meet two soldiers, Tyson and Jed, with whom they hook up and hang out.

Oakland was a pretty relatable character in terms with her personality a
Stacee

A great story with a vibrant setting, excellent banter in nearly every conversation, and an MC I could really root for.

Full review to come.
Irene
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: english, ebooks-read, 2018
ARC provided by the author

You know how when you're reading a book by one of your favorite authors, you expect just a little bit more than what you normally would? That's the case with this book.

I love Paula's books and was stoked (pun intended) when I heard she was writing a new adult novel. I know she's capable of writing ya romance novels, and since I love new adult books, I couldn't be more excited.

I really liked this book, but I had a few problems: ...more
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Stanford senior Oakland and her best friend Morgan travel to Thailand. Oakland, still pining for her high school boyfriend after six unsuccessful college romances, thinks she sees Seth, complicating the burgeoning romance with a friends Oakland and Morgan have met traveling.

I’m a huge Paula Stokes fan. I love the way she creates characters with interesting personalities and backstories. Oakland’s parents are weekend ghost hunters, for example. Stokes writes with unique voice and move
Lauren
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I can't stop smiling...the ending was way too cute and perfect for words!

Paula Stokes's THE KEY TO EVERYTHING is romantic, adventurous, and insightful.

I loved a lot about THE KEY TO EVERYTHING; however, I have to say the characters were by far my favorite part! THEY KEY TO EVERYTHING is classified as New Adult so Oakland and Morgan are college aged - second semester seniors to be exact. It was so much fun to read about characters who are around my age and going through similar things to what I
Meigan
I always forget how much I love romance books, especially when they’re new adult. New adult, for me, offers what adult and YA romances don’t - heaps of angst on top of heaps of uncertainty, and that’s exactly what The Key to Everything delivered, along with a hefty side of frustration.

Oakland has some strange notion in her head that finding her old boyfriend Seth will provide her the happiness that seems to be missing, and give her the perfect future she’s been dreaming of. Of course it doesn’t
Jaime Arkin
I’ve been a fan of Paula Stokes for ages it seems – I really love her YA stuff, so when I heard she was writing an NA title, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it.

The Key To Everything introduces us to Oakland Fuller. She’s always believed in soulmates, so when the latest in her most recent string of relationships fails, she knows there’s a reason. When both her therapist and a random fortuneteller both confirm that her issues lie in some unresolved feelings for her high school boyfriend,
Kiara
*I read this during Huricane Maria: September 22. I read it as an arc. This is my honest opinion. All reviews can be found at www.theterriblebookblogger.wordpress.com

I love Paula Stokes and her writing. I do not love New Adult books. This review is the result of both things in one.

First off, this story is both well written and well executed. I kept reading and every time I stopped, I returned because I was enjoying the story and plot. Paula Stokes’ characters are always lush and real and this book is no exception.
Jonathan Cotto
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an e-arc from the author in exchange for an honest review. **Spoiler Alert**

I like Paula Stokes work. The first book I read from her was Liars Inc. And Girl Against the Universe is one of my favorite reads. So getting the chance to read The Key to Everything, was an interesting experience. And I have to say, I am not disappointed.
I was curious to see what she would bring with this story, considering it was a more adult novel. I enjoyed her descriptive writing styl
diana
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sent-by-author
Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Paula Stokes has a new book! Eeepp!!
The Key to Everything had me both swooning and aahhh-ing! I've never been anywhere outside the country (I'm from the Philippines btw) so I'm a huge fan of "travel" books. This book had such a vibrant setting I wanted to get lost in and I loved experiencing Thailand with Oakland! The female friendship was also amazingly portrayed. I love it! The romance was sweet and definitely swoonworthy. (Not that I expected anything l
Lauren R.
That was a really solid New Adult! These are hard for me because I’m soooo picky and have very little tolerance for drama and angst. I’m happy to say those were fairly minimal. I liked that there wasn’t a lot of lying and jerking around. Oakland definitely got on my nerves a lot and turned into a bit of a crazy stalker at times. However, the story itself was sweet and I LOVED the setting of travel in Thailand.
Thelma
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporaries, adult
3,5
I liked this. Quick read, nice setting. Oakland was a bit 'dumb' in parts but overall I liked her. The rest of the characters were nice too, very diverse. It was nice to have such a different setting. It was also very sex positive which was nice. My nitpicks would be some awkward moments, a bit too much drama for my tastes and quite a few typos. But overall I definitely enjoyed it!
Lindsey
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Cute read.
Jennifer Madero (Boricuan Bookworms)
Check out more of my reviews at Boricuan Bookworms

eARC Provided by Author For Reviewing Purposes

I love Paula Stoke's writing style and her stories. They are always realistic, thought-provoking, and with great family and/or friend dynamics. The Key to Everything is no exception. I enjoyed Oakland's and Morgan's friendship, always sticking together and through crazy ideas, let it be about hookups, searching for your soul mate, quite simply, mutually supporting each other's goals and dreams.

However, the m/>
Mariely
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an eARC copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.
Ok, I think you all know I'm a big fan of Paula Stokes and of course, I was super excited when I heard her first New Adult book was coming up! But I won't lie, I was a little scared... Why? Because I love Paula's writing style on her YA books so I didn't know what to expect. But now that I've read it, I can honestly tell you, The Key to Everything was literally everything and more.

I LOVE the relationship between Oak
Ashley Reading Stewardess
Exotic locations, an amazing best friend and a different type of love triangle, what's not intriguing about that. The Key to Everything is Paula Stokes first self published novel and follows college senior Oakland Fuller as she travels to Thailand with her best friend for a chance to escape her so far unsuccessful search for her ex-boyfriend Seth. A guy Oakland is convinced is her soul mate, despite not having seen or spoken to him since she dumped him on prom night. With the beauty of Thailand ...more
Kathy Coe
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. If you're a New Adult fan, I HIGHLY recommend this one!
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Hot ship and the travel element is fabulous.
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

I'll go ahead and admit it: I am always a tiny bit scared to venture into a New Adult book. I've read some really good ones, and some that definitely left me with a bad taste for the genre. But when I saw that Paula Stokes was writing one, I knew if I'd be trying anyone's NA, it'd be hers! And I was very happy with my decision!

Usually the thing I hate most about NA is that I find the
Amanda at Brains, Books, and Brawn
*I received an advance eBook copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion.*

I can't think of another scenario where I've felt like a book was written just for me. I love Paula and her YA work but this NA romance blew me away. She was already an auto-buy author but if she keeps pubbing these romances I will pre-order and stalk the internet for ARC opportunities every single time.
I'm the first to admit that I have a very large collection of book boyfriends.
Caro
May 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

Well, this was a lovely read, and a great start of my reading year. :-)

The story is mostly about Oakland and her journey to finding herself and just trying to find a place in this crazy world, lol. I loved her character, flaws and all. I actually liked her imperfect the most. Ms. Stokes was able to really show just how scary the world can seem when you finish college. It’s crazy out there!

Because of that, I just loved Oakland’s trip, an opportunity t
Katherine
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I realized reading this book I am much pickier in my taste in travel companions than main characters. Oakland follows Paula Stokes' tradition of character who aren't perfect (aka she's real and human... which means annoying like a regular human sometimes). Apparently I'm really picky about travel companions, because I wouldn't want to travel with Oakland, and since as readers we are basically traveling with her, for the first part I was being all snobby in my head.

BUT BUT. Once you see her thro
Elle
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was kindly provided with an eARC to review. All opinions (and any factual mistakes) that follow are my own. I’ll try to avoid any spoilers.

There are so many things I loved about this book: strong female friendship, character growth, gorgeous locations, no insta-love. Plus it was an enjoyable read. It’s the perfect book to take you on a vacation without actually going on vacation.

There was a lot that I liked about The Key to Everything and once things got going, I couldn
Kari
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oakland and her friend, Morgan, decide to spend their Christmas break on a guided tour in Thailand. She is determined that her unresolved feelings for her ex, Seth, is the reason that her current relationships aren't working out. So when she thinks she sees Seth, she has to find out how he feels.

Alright!! I am already a huge Paula Stokes fan, and this book was no exception for me. I loved the travel references and honestly, it made the story really fun. I got pretty annoyed by Oaklan
Kathleen
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what I was expecting going into this book, but I really enjoyed it. I loved the relatable characters and especially a MC I could believe in. Oakland was a great character who had flaws, but embraced them. The friendship between Oakland and Morgan was imperfectly perfect. They love and support each other, but they were also there to knock some sense into each other. The male characters of Seth, Tyson, & Jed were also fun to read. I love the banter between the group.

The travel as
Rachel Kass
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paula Stokes book Girl Against the Universe changed my life, and ever since that release I have been reading literally anything she writes (and loving it), so getting the chance to read an ARC of The Key to Everything was SUPER EXCITING. The book DID NOT disappoint.

Her writing captivated me from the first few pages and I only set it down when I had to eat, sleep, or work. It was a fun and adventurous story about two college best friends going on the adventure of a lifetime to Thailand.

My favor
Danielle Hammelef
The author provided me a Kindle copy in exchange for an honest review. I struggled with the first few chapters because I wasn't connecting with the POV character or her friend because I didn't feel as if I got to know more than a superficial glimpse. But as the story progressed, I finally got to know more about the real person of the POV character and started to care about her and her friends. I have to admit that the sexual content of this book was part that I thought was not right for this cha ...more
Kelly
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I normally don’t read NA (New Adult), but I read Paula Stokes, so naturally, I was excited to read her NA debut! The Key to Everything brings us to Thailand, where our MC (and her best friend) are on vacation. This was a fun, relaxing romantic adventure to follow along with. One of my biggest gripes with books is romance (sometimes necessary, sometimes unnecessary, sometimes completely inorganic and unrealistic, etc.) but I didn’t have a problem with this one!

Note: This
Kristy
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was something a little different from Paula Stokes, a New Adult story rather than her usual YA offerings. This follows Oakland and her friend on both a vacation and a journey. Her best friend Morgan drags her off on vacation to take her mind off other things (basically, the journey).

Oakland is experiencing some unresolved feelings about an old flame. And I speak from experience that those "what ifs?" and "what might have beens" will almost always haunt you. To make her more dete

• Serious Moonlight
  • The Night She Disappeared
  • The Heartbreak Cure
  • Busted
  • Foolish Hearts
*** Please contact me via the contact information on my website: authorpaulastokes.com ***

Paula Stokes is half writer, half RN, and totally thrilled to be part of the world of YA literature. She started out writing historical fiction under a pen name and is now branching out into other YA genres.

When she's not working (rare), she's kayaking, hiking, reading, or seeking out
“The truth never hurts worse than finding out someone you care about lied to you.” 49 likes
“You can’t explain love with experiments and MRIs. I don’t care what your research says. Some things are bigger than science.” 19 likes