Start by marking “Paper Castles” as Want to Read:
Paper Castles

Paper Castles

In Savannah Georgia, the gardens aren't the only things keeping secrets.

"I want to know what goes on in your head," Adam said. "What do you think about? What are your dreams?"
"My dreams," Savannah said, picking up her spoon and stirring her coffee again. She stared into the swirling depths as if she could conjure up the specter of the girl who once had dreams to spare. "
Published July 14th 2016 by Capricorn Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Paper Castles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Castles

Bianca
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first time reading this author and definitely not my last. She writes with such honesty and grace. I was enthralled with the storyline, smitten by the characters, and was absolutely lost in the words.

“But moments couldn’t be caught. Wisps of laughter, precious seconds when the heart strained against the chest wall, overflowing with emotion-they were gone in an instant.”

It’s 1963. Socialite, Savannah Palmerton has it all. The husba
Gail Choate
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of novel that I can really get into. Ms. Lee has managed to weave an intoxicating blend of romantic intrigue, the turbulence of the 1960s South, public scandal, and courtroom drama into one seriously riveting tale. Her characters are intricately fleshed out and believable, reacting to the chaos around them in the ways their individual personalities would demand.

This would leave me triumphant one moment and then aghast the next, laughing, and then even shedding a tear. Ms. Lee h
Shy
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books

A few chapters into the book, I feel like walking away from it. "Great, another cheating story," was what I thought. And cheating is not really my cup of tea. But as this is a book I was requested to review, I thought I should at least try to read half of it before telling the author this book is not for me.

But I was surprised. It's not what I judged it to be. Somewhere by the end of the chapter at 30 percent, Savannah had my respect and I was now set to
Rach Lawrence
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, arc, review-request
Review originally posted on Rach Lawrence Books.

*I was provided a copy of Paper Castles by the author in exchange for an honest review. I am not compensated for my honest opinion.*

4.5 Stars!

In 1963, Georgia Socialite Savannah Palmerton has what looks like the perfect life: a successful husband, two children, and a beautiful house. But looks can be deceiving. Secrets hide behind that perfect façade, secrets that are just waiting to be let into the light. With Savannah’s marriage and family crumbl
Juliet Aharoni
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paper Castles is one of the best books I've ever read. And I've read thousands and thousands of novels. Terri Lee has the talent to make words bounce on the page and fall like sparkling diamonds.

The setting is just after President Kennedy's assassination where the people of the world are in shock.

The characters are all perfectly presented, even Roxanne, a very minor protagonist. Savannah, whose life has been filled with one tragedy after another, remains strong till the end. Neenie is always th
Erin Fenske
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC, and I am so glad I was able to! Terri Lee gave the world ANOTHER wonderful novel! Throughout the entire reading experience I kept visually picturing each and every character and scene, like a movie was playing in my mind while I read each sentence. So many different emotions will be felt during this read, so be prepared! I for one, enjoyed every last bit of it! Do I recommend this book? You bet I do!
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
Hmmm? The best I can do is a 2.5*. It took a while for me to get invested in this story and the characters felt slightly 'shallow', rather two dimensional at times. saying that the first half of the book was much more finely nuanced that the second half; the courtroom section felt rushed and I didn't buy the aptly tied-up-with-a-bow conclusion. Not complete waste of reading time but....
NFLS
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's 1960s, around Kennedy's assassination. Savannah, a socialite in Savannah Georgia is arrested, allegedly murdering her husband, who cheated on her for many years. This book divulges Savannah's fear and struggles as she faces her family, her children, her social standing and allegation. This book feels real to me, I can feel Savannah's dread feeling as proof by proof and witness by witness presented by the DA. My heart is broken reading how her daughter turns against her violently, as much as ...more
Tiana
Dec 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I saw Suanne Laqueur's name and I clicked and grabbed this book straight away. But as I was reading, I knew this book couldn't have been created and written by Suanne. I found this book disappointing, it couldn't hold my interest. The writing style wasn't bad, but there was nothing special about this. I haven't even finished this book yet, but I can't see myself doing so any time soon. When you start skimming paragraphs and then pages, I think it means I may as well close it altogether and move ...more
Anita Lock
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Palmerton returns to her Georgian alma mater to take an art class. An affair quickly brews between Savannah and her instructor. But before it gets hot and heavy, Savannah brings the relationship to a halt. Savannah is a troubled woman, especially since her marriage is on the rocks. An unusual string of events unfolds between Savannah and her husband, Price, including a heated argument. The next thing Savannah knows, Price has been murdered and she is earmarked as his alleged killer. Ten ...more
Katherine
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
In trying to cover too many struggles in the life of the " heroine " or anyway , main character, Savannah Palmerton, the author produced a book in which everything is very superficial. The paper castles of the title refers to the homes of the rich ( castles ) which from the outside looking in house happy families, well-adjusted and loving. But, it can be assumed from the travails of this pampered, protected almost 40 year old, they actually are made not of sturdy brick but rather of fragile pape ...more
Jessyca Garcia
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
The book “Paper Castles” by Terri Lee was a reminder that money cannot buy happiness. The story starts off in 1963. Savannah Palmerton is a rich socialite who has an unhappy marriage. When a murder occurs in her family, Savannah is the prime suspect. She tries to hold it together while her family is being torn apart and dark secrets start to reveal themselves. Her only hope is that her lawyer, Phil Hannigan, can save her from a life in jail.

There were things I really liked about “Paper Castles”
Nimi
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Savannah got everything she wanted in life, only to realise with time that she had dersired all the wrong things.

Now trapped in the life of a socialite, with a husband of seventeen years, who couldn't care less about her, she is trying to re-discover herself.
With a murder in the family that Savannah is suspected of, everything takes on a different hue.

This is life's way re-arranging Savannah's life.

As the book starts, Savannah is searching for her old, confident self through painting, having los
Adrwe Symonds
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When a book sweeps you away, it's hard to come back to dry land. I've just been to Savannah GA and it was 1963. Savannah Palmerton is living the life she was expected to live. The soul has gone out of her marriage, her children are teenagers who no longer need the constant attention of their Mommy and she is left wondering: "Is this all there is?" Along comes Adam, a handsome, charismatic, talented young artist who's teaching an art class at the local college. A casual flirtation leads her down ...more
Easin Arafat
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's one word for this book: Gorgeous. Not just beautiful, not just well written, those words don't begin to touch the soul of this book. It is simply, GORGEOUS. From beginning to end. It feels like Lee LOVED every single sentence. So that her readers could love them, too.
Savannah the protagonist and Savannah the city are lovingly drawn. The love scenes are LOVE scenes. Beautiful and provocative without ever falling over into the tawdry.
The bits of history that make up the background music i
Yvonne Erwin
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paper Castles is an expertly woven tale of love lost, love mourned and love searched for. Along with a heaping tablespoon of betrayal, and another of pain.

Sometimes we get what we wanted, only to find out it's not what we need. Savannah Palmerton was well married; she got the man of her dreams. But the dream turned ugly even before the wedding. Now her deceitful husband winds up dead, murdered in his law office. Could Savannah be the killer? Savannah can't say - she can't remember what happened
Reeca Elliott
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Basically, Savannah is unhappy in her life, even though she has received everything she has every wanted. She starts to explore her options....

I found Savannah to be a little selfish and maybe just a tad whiney. I love strong women characters and Savannah did not make the cut. I also, truly, madly, deeply dispised her husband. Of course, it is 1963 and many things have changed, but he just absolutely tripped my trigger.

This is a story about family, secrets and betrayal on the largest level. The
Sony
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and I'm left with all kinds of feelings. The kind of stuff that always happens when you've been sucked into a book world and then turn the last page. You're left feeling a little lost. I'm sad to leave Savannah and Neenie and Phil behind. That's the hard truth when characters are written so realistically. The main character, Savannah is put through the wringer and I followed right behind her. Feeling every emotion. I love it when an author takes the time to make a secon ...more
Samara
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm obsessed with this book. I love how the author just jumped right into it in chapter one. I literally fell in love with Savannah and don't even get me started on Neenie. There are deep issues running below the surface of the story and Lee handles them with grace. A beautiful love story, gorgeously written. I'm reading it again because when a book is good I usually devour it and then feel like I might have missed something by racing to the end. And with this book you don't want to miss a thing ...more
Sajibb
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blown away by this beautiful story. I love the time period of the 1960's and Lee captured the feel of the south perfectly without crossing over the line and preaching. The characters are all so real I just wanted to pull up a chair and chat with them. I found myself thinking about them long after I closed the book. A friend recommended this author to me and I'm so glad I listened.The writing is beyond gorgeous. Where has this author been? I know she'll be on my radar from now on.
Sujana
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a gorgeous book. So beautifully written, I had to stop several times to catch my breath. I fell in love with all the characters and Neenie has a special place in my heart. There’s nothing fluffy or cookie-cutter about this story. This is what a romance book should look like.
Sue
Take a trip back in time to the early 60's in the south. There is infidelity but you don't get a front row seat. It's a by product really. Very low steam factor. I enjoyed the suspense!
Veronica Stacchini

• Gavin
  • Ashland & Vine
  • La Vie d'une autre
  • E=mc², mon amour
  • The Changeling (The Changeling, #1)
  • Purgatoire des innocents
  • La Marche du Prophète (Aeternia #1)
  • La chambre des merveilles
  • L'instant précis où les destins s'entremêlent
  • The Child's Past Life
  • Write to Die
  • Face Blind: A Mystery
  • Le reste de leur vie
  • Ce qui nous lie
From the time I was a little girl I've had stories swimming in my head. The beginning of my love affair with words.
My tag line is:
ROMANCE MAY BE PRETTY BUT LOVE STORIES ARE REAL.

I chase them down with a passion, unwilling to settle for the tale that sits on the surface. Digging until I reveal the truth. Beneath the pretty layers we present to the world, we find relationships stripped of pretense.