Start by marking “Chicago War: The Complete Series (The Chicago War, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Chicago War: The Complete Series (The Chicago War, #1-4)

Chicago War: The Complete Series

(The Chicago War #1-4)

The war began with the death of one person and would end with the killing of many more. Four families paint Chicago red as greed, hatred, secrets, and loyalties divide them to opposite ends of the city.

But in the midst of the fighting and bloodshed, there are those who struggle between love and famiglia.

They are the most dangerous of all.

They have everything to lose.

A
ebook
Published August 8th 2016 (first published July 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Chicago War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicago War

Ruthless People by J.J. McAvoyBound by Honor by Cora ReillyThe Untouchables by J.J. McAvoyAmerican Savages by J.J. McAvoyA Bloody Kingdom by J.J. McAvoy
Best Mafia Novels
224 books — 237 voters
The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle LoriIn the Beginning by London MillerWhere the Sun Hides by Bethany-KrisUnruly by Bethany-KrisRevere by Bethany-Kris
Mafia/Mob
102 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Chicago War: The Complete Series (The Chicago War, #1-4)
Bethany-Kris
Nov 24, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chicago War: The Complete Series is on sale for 2.99 on Amazon US until Feb 12th!

*and is free in KU.

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2FCU3D2
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicago-War-...
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/Chicago-War-Com...
Amazon AUS: https://www.amazon.com.au/Chicago-War...
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

What a great series! It contains secrets, betrayal, and death. No one can be trusted.

The first book explains how the war inside the Outfit starts. Each story focuses on a different couple. But because each book is built on each other, these cannot be read as a standalone.

The series gets more complex and intense the more you read. A perfect mix of romance and suspense. Bethany-Kris did a wonderful job creating a dangerous world with erotic moments.

description description description

description
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating: 4.75★

“No one was deathless in their world. Even the innocents couldn’t be saved.”

I am sometimes wary of reading bundle books because I always end up not continuing reading the rest of the books because I fear that the rest would not be able to compare with the first one or that I would end up binge reading the rest of the book. And I end up devouring the books, sleep be damned!

A war is brewing in the Outfit in Chicago. Mistakes and decisions made in the past wasn’t for
Sunami
May 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
5/9/17 - sale 99 cents
Christine
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man oh man...the start of a beautiful series. The first book introduces you into this world of crime, drama and passion. Not only is there passion between couples but passion for the life they are all living. There are ups and downs in the life of the Chicago Outfit. The only way to survive is to follow the rules. Made up of four families, DeLucas, Trentinis, Contis, and Rossis, they are in control of Chicago. When the top boss is no longer the top, tensions rise to figure out who will be the le ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author sign-
Sangria
What a treat! The way she writes these men in such a dark world is so incredibly realistic. It's really breathtaking if you're a huge fan of Mafia. IMO, no one really equals her. I have a few authors who do but they've ventured into Irish Braugh or Bratva. But this author to really does it for me, corners the market on the Italians. She's one of the few that still installs the Catholic Church & believe it or not that's still a big part of their life. These stories are epic reads & she cleverly i ...more
A Klue
Emeril Lagasse’s one liner to describe “take your breath away” culinary perfection comes to mind when I think of this literary mafia romance masterpiece series by Bethany-Kris…”BAM!” That’s right, people, it’s pure “BAM!” x 4!

Each book pulls you further into this four family all-out Mafioso war with each one focusing on a different main couple’s unfolding HEA. Don’t even think about jumping around here. Read them in order to get the full impact and details, so when the bullets and blood start t
Sylvie Coco
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not normally a mafia romance fan but Bethany-Kris can really tell a story! I am so immersed in the mafia world. The story line is perfect and how she write them in 4 books is amazing. I am sad the story comes to an end. I like that all the books have no OW/OM problems and there is no doubt of H/hs relationship and commitment to each other!
Bookish
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia, smut, witty-banter
4.5 Stars.
Mspraise50
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Series if you like Mafia stories.
Books 2 Blog
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This box set is the complete Chicago Wars story from Damien and Lilly through to Thommas and Aribella.

Although each book concentrates on the love story of two characters, the underlying and intriguing story line about the Outfits internal battle for the coveted position of 'the boss' runs throughout the series. The loss of innocent lives is heartbreaking and the emotional battles these couples face are sometimes overwhelming. Each person faced their own problems and were pushed and pulled in dif
Christina
I enjoyed Damien and Lily’s story but I skimmed through the others. It was hard to keep up with who was who and who belonged to which family and all the threads were just hard to follow.

Again, editing errors that threw me out of the story: “in the very least” and “gage his intentions.” <—- gage was used incorrectly at least five times. Also, the extreme overuse of “lover” in Tommas and Abriella’s book was like nails on a chalkboard. I don’t even want to go back and count how many times they ref
Cassandra Hunt
A marathon!

This box set was a marathon for me. It gave me everything! Love, death, destruction, family, chaos, suspense, erotica, brotherhood. And little bits and pieces of the other books I loved so much. It ties in the Marchello's and the Guzzis. This should be a movie or TV series. I absolutely loved it! Everything blended in perfectly. Leaving me craving more. I'm dying to read the Legacy of the children lives and how they all intertwine.
Precious ✨
Still some of her best work.

Chicago War is a four book series that intertwines/overlaps multiple couples that each have their own subplot and couple. All with their own scars and issues, schemes and dreams. As well as nightmares and obstacles to overcome. I loved coming back to these stories. This was truly a masterpiece of dialogue.
Mommaleena
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Yet an another amazing series surrounding the Chicago Mafios. Worth some time to read them all!!! Bethany-Kris gives us everything.... Action (in and out of the bedroom), suspense, mystery, family, and in the end love... Who can they trust? But will they all succeed, will The Outfit be better in the end? You'll have to read to find out!
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1)
Rated an awesome 5 stars!!!

This book… well, how do I even begin? *sigh* It was a roller coaster ride of emotions and suspense. I was quite a bit apprehensive of how Lily and Damian’s story was going to end but I do have to admit that the awesome Bethany-Kris certainly did not disappoint and the much awaited Chicago Wars series started with a mighty bang!!!

Lily has no choice but to accept getting married to a man that she does not know since this is the l
Fiona
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these books. They were well written with great story lines that all linked together.
Sonia Mahoney
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rollercoaster

What a saga. This series needs to be given 10 stars. The way Bethany weaves the characters in all the books keeps the reader wanting more.

Suzanne (Lily)
4.5 Stars
Another great series from Bethany-Kris!

I love being able to devour a series from start to finish. The Chicago War has subtle references to the Volka Bratva Series which I thoroughly enjoyed, but it's not necessary to read it first. Each book in this collection features a couple and how they came to be. At the same time the opportunity for war becomes evident as everyone’s patience is tested. It was easy to lose myself in the good times but with incidents and family concerns continually
Sarah Dale
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest Review from the Author and IndieSage PR.

This is all 4 books from the series in one place. It's the best thing ever as each book gets you more and more hooked and you develop and addiction to wanting to know what is going to happen next.

Even though each book in the series is a stand alone for each couple they need to be read in order as they intermingle and plots continue throughout them.

**********
Deathless & Divided (#1)
What a great introduction to the ser
Pervy Ladies Book Blog
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to make this review short and sweet or I am sure to give away everything because once I start gushing about this book I will not be able to stop! It is THAT good. Bethany-Kris does mafia romance like I have never seen done and I am pretty much setting up my shrine now for her! I fell so hard for every character in these books and I didn’t even know it until it was too late! She makes you feel as if you are there and in the thick of it. These books are so hot and will leave you breathle ...more
Gretchen Anderson
Man what a great Mafia story! And having all four in one place right after each other keeps the flow of the story so much better than having to wait on them to come out individually.

The first book is great about introducing all the characters…..and there are quite a bit. It’s a four family Chicago style mafiaso and each elder (for lack of a better word) has children and in some cases grandchildren to keep up with. However, Bethany does a wonderful job helping you along with the families.

The wom
Jade Emley
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"It certainly helped that everyone now seemed to have someone else in another family. At one time, these people were all separated by their bloodlines and their misplaced loyalties, leaving no family deathless . Reckless actions pushed them even further apart. The Chicago War left no one scarless . Each soul burned by the bloodshed came out of the fire a little breathless , but far smarter and more loyal than before.
Honor kept them honest.
Family was everything.
It was hard to kill
Daniela
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS SERIES! Wow...great stories, great couples. The men were all alpha yumminess and the women were all strong and spitfires in their own way. I could not believe the treachery and deceitfulness within these families. The unnecessary bloodshed and deaths of innocents all for what. The back stories of these men were very sad and telling. The way the women were treated by some of their own family members was deplorable. Getting little snippets of the Marcello's was awesome - I miss my Filth ...more
Stephanie  Mae
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series is definitely a must read, my friends. What an unbelievable merry go round of emotions and suspense that will have you reading and sitting on the edge of your seat long into the night. A series so intense with it's characters and plot, which will drive you crazy with the extreme emotions that the Author pulls from you, with her awesome flowing words. So much heart, love, action, hot sex and gritty scenes, what are you waiting for? go and read this series, you won't regret it. Reviewe ...more
Shellby
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Bethany-Kris's books. I have not read one yet that I have not loved. The Chicago War series is an incredible series. It is intense, suspenseful and just everything that you want to read in a series all rolled into one. It was really nice having a box-set of the series. It was really nice having the books all in one place.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Anna
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED the entire Chicago War series! Bethany-Kris is a great story teller and THE best at writing mafia series :)
Athena D.
Nov 06, 2018

• Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
  • Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made #3)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Marauder (Gangsters of New York, Book #2)
  • Kingpin's Foxglove (The Tarkhanov Empire, #1)
  • Royal Elite Epilogue (Royal Elite, #7)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
  • Drago (Made Men, #6)
  • Last Words (Morelli Family, #7)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four sons, four cats, and four dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new rele

The Chicago War (4 books)
  • Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1)
  • Reckless & Ruined (The Chicago War, #2)
  • Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War, #3)
  • Breathless & Bloodstained (The Chicago War, #4)