Start by marking “The Heir and the Human (Saven #3.1)” as Want to Read:
The Heir and the Human (Saven #3.1)

The Heir and the Human (Saven #3.1)

Axton’s existence was a lonely one until his mother brought Sadie into his life. Now, she’s the center of his universe, and he’ll do everything in his power to protect her.

But Griselda’s evil plans cast a dark shadow over their love, threatening the future he so desperately craves. With separation looming, Ax is preparing to sacrifice everything for the girl he loves. It’s
ebook
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Heir and the Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir and the Human

Dali
Currently FREE (02/06/2017) http://amzn.to/2lgCzRV

This story of two souls that were never meant to be is absolutely swoony and sweet, and breathtakingly sad. I devoured it loving every minute until the bittersweet end.

What would you do to keep the only person who’s ever loved you in your life? Even knowing she doesn’t belong to you and that her destiny lies somewhere else with someone else?
“I couldn't shake the feeling that you had taken something of mine. Something you had no right to.” ~
Amanda Minnock
Aug 23, 2016 Amanda Minnock rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Siobhan Davis for my copy of the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Just when you think you are making your mind up about how you feel about Axton this novella will slam you in the heart and change the way you are looking at the whole story, I was in bits wanting to stroke his lovely long blonde hair and tell him it's ok you are worthy of so much more! Now I'm in a confused state not knowing who Sadie will end up with or more like who she is lucky enough to have.

The story
Siobhan Davis
May 25, 2016 Siobhan Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you are on my ARC team, and up to date with your reviews, you will have received your advance copy of this novella today. Check your Kindle/email inbox. Enjoy!
Siobhan
Aug 15, 2016 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heir and the Human is an optional Saven short story, but if you enjoy Axton then I certainly recommend giving it a read. This story was so enlightening, giving much more than I had anticipated.

As we’ve worked through the books, I’ve come to enjoy the Saven series more and more. When Axton was introduced, I feared the worst – my mind screamed ‘love triangle’ and I hate those things. Fortunately, the story revolving around Axton and Sadie was a lot more grown up than I had expected it to be. T
Lola
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I was so excited when I saw we would get a piece of Ax and Sadie their backstory and wow this novella sure didn't disappoint. It's an optional read, but I think it really adds something to this world and story Siobhan created. You can skip it and still follow the story, but I feel like this novella adds another layer and some depth and background to some characters.

We learn more about Ax and Sadie their past and their time on Tor in this novella
Moriah
May 26, 2016 Moriah rated it it was amazing
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I must preface with: I’m wholeheartedly Team Logan. While I wanted to slap some sense into him in the first Saven novel, I fell in love with him along with Sadie. Being three books deep into this series (four if you count the novella, which you have to read in order for any of Saven Defiance to make sense), and my love for Logan is still strong.

However…Siobhan had me sympathi
Dianne
…And here is the Rest of the Story of Axton and Sadie’s life, love and now the loss they faced. Anyone on the fence about Axton versus Logan in Sadie’s life are going to be brought to your romantic knees as Axton tells their love story that was doomed from the start. The Heir and the Human is the latest great read from Siobhan Davis and I actually read it twice and yes, I ran the gamut of emotions both times. A romantic’s dream, two amazing men, both powerful and both deeply in love with a girl ...more
K.M. Montemayor
Aug 05, 2016 K.M. Montemayor rated it really liked it
4.25 Ax stars!
I couldn't shake the feeling that you had taken something of mine. Something you had no right to. Logan, The Heir and the Human

In Denial, Ax told us what happened when Sadie was on Tor with him and how her memory was erased. In Heir we are shown it.

There weren't a lot of surprises, but I still enjoyed the story from Ax's perspective. In this novella, he is quite a likable character and you can't help but feel bad for the guy. At times I was even debating if he had Sadie first. Wi
meghann
Nov 25, 2016 meghann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
***Thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

The third book in the Saven series left me feeling all sorts of anger towards Ax. Sure, he was in an impossible situation. I could understand his heartbreak, sadness and anger. It pretty much sucked to be him. But then he started crossing that line into crazy, and I'm worried he will do something unforgivable in the final book in the series.

Then I read this novella, and now I don't know how
Raven_Blake
This book was such an emotional rollercoaster! Though I love Logan, I can't help but feel sad for Axton. At the end of Saven defiance, I hated his betrayal but after reading this novella, I can pretty much understand his anguish. He has pretty hard life and sadie is the only one who made his life beautiful and now he has lost everything from his evil mother. We also get to know about Ax friends Blade and Izzy. The ending was definitely heart wrenching! There is no end for Griselda's cruelty and ...more
Donna Weiss (BookDragonGirl)
A great addition to the series!

I was kind of dreading reading this one. I love this series. I love Sadie and Logan. This novella is all about Sadie's time with Ax, when she loved him. I knew it would be heartbreaking. I knew I would fall in love with the idea of Sadie and Axton, because Siobhan Davis knows how to make you do that. But at the same time I'm in love with the idea of Sadie and Logan. Am I making sense?! It's funny because Siobhan did a great job with Sadie's character in this book.
Rose
~I received a free e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review~

This review is going to be really short as I don't really have much to say. I really enjoyed this novella which outlined the past in which Sadie doesn't remember but remains branded onto Ax's mind. This story is optional but I recommend it to all that have read the previous books as it gives insight into Sadie's hidden past.
Tayla Robichaud
May 25, 2016 Tayla Robichaud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I received a free book from the author for an honest review.

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I skipped over some lovey Dovey parts because I'm not the biggest fan of him but it was enjoyable.

I'm glad we finally find out what happened to blade.
Candace Robinson
I don't know, but I really like Ax!!
Poulami (Daydreaming Books)
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

*Major spoilers for those who haven't read the previous books in this series.*

I was a little hesitant to read this book at first seeing how Axton wasn't my favourite character but at the same time I was curious to learn what happened back at the time when Sadie was at Tor. This book definitely didn't disappoint.

Axton is aware of her mother's heinous plans for Sadie. If she go
Shannon
May 25, 2016 Shannon rated it it was amazing
*Spoilers for the previous books in this review*

My heart breaks for Ax! I'm so sad! Reading this and knowing things won't turn out great for Ax's plans was gut-wrenching! Also, poor Izzy! In the next book, I need for there to be some way for Ax to have his Sadie, while Logan can also have his Sadie. Like some type of weird time warp thing(twin Sadies!), and also while we are doing that, we can also pick up Blade too! I want everyone to be happy dang it! For our current Sadie, I still want her wi
Alisha
Jul 31, 2016 Alisha rated it it was amazing
Wonderful novella by Siobhan Davis. I had inferred and anticipated some of what we learned of Axton and Sadie in this novel, but not on the detailed level. You find out in the other full-length novels how deeply Axton loves Sadie, but part of me always wondered if it was for show. This novella helps the reader understand his genuine love for her and some details of their relationship with Izzy and Blade.

One of the best parts of this novella was getting to see Izzy and Blade. This novella gives
Dana
Jun 30, 2016 Dana rated it it was amazing
If you love Axton’s character or still feel on the fence about him, then this novella is a must.

As much as I hate her, I really love Griselda. Female villains seem exponentially more evil, and her behavior throughout this novella had my jaw dropping a number of times—especially the end! Wow. That ending. I had an idea about how this would end after reading Saven Defiance, but after getting further attached to Siobhan’s complex characters, I found myself feeling heartbroken all over again.

Like I
Kim
Aug 14, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review from the author.

This one is the short story in the view point of Ax. It gives us a little bit of insight into what went on with his past and his feelings for Sadie, and their history together. If you're looking for answers as to the ending of book #3 with this one, you won't find it, it's purely past.

Made me feel a twinge of sympathy but he's still not my favorite character.
Karla
May 28, 2016 Karla rated it it was amazing
Another emotional roller coaster that has me falling in love with Ax all over again.. A very quick read, A must read novella for lovers of the Saven Saga...

I was given this book in return for an honest review.
Alison
Jan 13, 2017 Alison rated it it was amazing
I found it informative, with lots of background story, and compelling to read from another characters point of view
Marlies Bontenbal
Oct 10, 2016 Marlies Bontenbal rated it really liked it
Very good, but I had to stop reading because it breaks my heart to read about something doomed to fail with a seriously broken heart as a result. God, it is just so sad!!!
Hywela
Sep 21, 2016 Hywela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: available-now
Having read all the other books in the series. I was curious to know more about Axton and looked forward to reading this latest story. I was not disappointed 'The heir and the Human' adds another layer and depth to the series.

Poor, poor Axton. First he is brought up with a mother who is cruel and manipulative and shows him no motherly love or affection. In fact it's not an exageration to say Griselda is pure evil; then, the girl Griselda introduces into the household as part of her devious plan
Kimberly
Sep 13, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
The Heir and the Human tells the story of Axton and Sadie and what happened on Torc before the events of the first novel. Going into this backstory, you know the outcome if you've read Saven Defiance. Knowing the outcome instantly puts a sadness over this whole story. You get to know and love Blade and hate what happens to him. You get to know a very different Sadie, ones who's scrappy and feisty. You really, really get to know Axton. Axton... I don't know whether I like him or not after reading ...more
Heather Brandt
Sep 24, 2016 Heather Brandt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good addition

I wish this book had been dual POV. I would have loved to know what Sadie was thinking with all this! Other than that it was a great read and I look forward to the next book!
Stephanie Chu
Dec 16, 2016 Stephanie Chu rated it it was amazing
This was yet another great book by Siobhan Davis.

Reading this book from Axton's view gave a great insight to how he saw Sadie and what she meant to him. While reading this book, I came to understand how hard everything was for Axton and how Sadie affected him on an intense level.

Their love in this book was something to be envied and cherished and while their future together has been written, it finally helped me to understand how Axton took everything that happened to Sadie to heart.

The amazing
Michelle
Sep 22, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jessica Pope
May 29, 2016 Jessica Pope rated it it was amazing
Please note: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Heir and the Human by Siobhan Davis is a bonus novella of the Saven series written from the point of view of Axton a.k.a Ax, who readers met in Saven Denial (Saven book #2.5). It also includes other Saven series favorites such as Sadie, Logan, Izzy and Dali, and introduces Blaze among other new characters. It is the most emotionally charged piece of the series and I can now see why the author admitted to her street team that she
Jennifer G
Jul 05, 2016 Jennifer G rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this novella from the author for an honest review.
I had such mixed feelings about reading this book. I knew it would be great because all of Siobhan's books are, but I didn't want to develop any further feelings for Ax. I absolutely adore Sadie and Logan. I sympathize with Ax and I understand that his love for Sadie is true and strong, but he wants Sadie which means he needs to destroy their love. I am not a fan for that reason alone. Any backstory can only make me like him
Sharla Fackrell lane
Sep 18, 2016 Sharla Fackrell lane rated it it was amazing
As usual this novella was not a disappointment! I loved filling in the blanks about not only Ax and Sadie but other relationships as well! This is a very important part of Sadie's story!

This novella was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Subscribe to the Kennedy Boys newsletter to read an exclusive, advance sample of Losing Kyler and to read bonus scenes in Ky's perspective. http://eepurl.com/cpxkFP

Siobhan Davis writes emotionally intense young adult and new adult fiction with swoon-worthy romance, complex characters, and tons of unexpected plot twists and turns that will have you flipping the pages beyond bedtime! She is the auth
More about Siobhan Davis...

Saven (4 books)
  • Saven Deception (Saven #1)
  • Saven Disclosure (Saven #2)
  • Saven Defiance (Saven #3)
  • Saven Deliverance (Saven #4)

“Ax.” Sadie is breathless as she caresses the angular lines of my face. “I love you so much. You’re my whole world. You know that, right?” 1 likes
“But desperation does funny things to a person. Makes you grasp for any sliver of hope. Makes you throw rational thought and logic out the window. Makes you act in ways you would never have imagined possible. Turns strong men into weak. Honest men into liars.” 0 likes