Start by marking “The Heir and the Human (Saven #4.1)” as Want to Read:
The Heir and the Human (Saven #4.1)

The Heir and the Human

(Saven #4.1)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Axton’s existence was a lonely one until his mother brought Sadie into his life. Now, she’s the center of his universe, and he’ll do everything in his power to protect her.

But Griselda’s evil plans cast a dark shadow over their love, threatening the future he so desperately craves. With separation looming, Ax is preparing to sacrifice everything for the girl he loves. It’s
ebook
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Heir and the Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir and the Human

Dali
Currently FREE (02/06/2017) http://amzn.to/2lgCzRV

This story of two souls that were never meant to be is absolutely swoony and sweet, and breathtakingly sad. I devoured it loving every minute until the bittersweet end.

What would you do to keep the only person who’s ever loved you in your life? Even knowing she doesn’t belong to you and that her destiny lies somewhere else with someone else?
“I couldn't shake the feeling that you had taken something of mine. Something you had no right to.” ~
Amanda
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Siobhan Davis for my copy of the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Just when you think you are making your mind up about how you feel about Axton this novella will slam you in the heart and change the way you are looking at the whole story, I was in bits wanting to stroke his lovely long blonde hair and tell him it's ok you are worthy of so much more! Now I'm in a confused state not knowing who Sadie will end up with or more like who she is lucky enough to have.

The story
Siobhan Davis
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you are on my ARC team, and up to date with your reviews, you will have received your advance copy of this novella today. Check your Kindle/email inbox. Enjoy!
Siobhan
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heir and the Human is an optional Saven short story, but if you enjoy Axton then I certainly recommend giving it a read. This story was so enlightening, giving much more than I had anticipated.

As we’ve worked through the books, I’ve come to enjoy the Saven series more and more. When Axton was introduced, I feared the worst – my mind screamed ‘love triangle’ and I hate those things. Fortunately, the story revolving around Axton and Sadie was a lot more grown up than I had expected it to be. T
Moriah
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I must preface with: I’m wholeheartedly Team Logan. While I wanted to slap some sense into him in the first Saven novel, I fell in love with him along with Sadie. Being three books deep into this series (four if you count the novella, which you have to read in order for any of Saven Defiance to make sense), and my love for Logan is still strong.

However…Siobhan had me sympathi
Dianne
…And here is the Rest of the Story of Axton and Sadie’s life, love and now the loss they faced. Anyone on the fence about Axton versus Logan in Sadie’s life are going to be brought to your romantic knees as Axton tells their love story that was doomed from the start. The Heir and the Human is the latest great read from Siobhan Davis and I actually read it twice and yes, I ran the gamut of emotions both times. A romantic’s dream, two amazing men, both powerful and both deeply in love with a girl ...more
K.M. Montemayor
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 Ax stars!
I couldn't shake the feeling that you had taken something of mine. Something you had no right to. Logan, The Heir and the Human

In Denial, Ax told us what happened when Sadie was on Tor with him and how her memory was erased. In Heir we are shown it.

There weren't a lot of surprises, but I still enjoyed the story from Ax's perspective. In this novella, he is quite a likable character and you can't help but feel bad for the guy. At times I was even debating if he had Sadie first. Wi
meghann
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
***Thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

The third book in the Saven series left me feeling all sorts of anger towards Ax. Sure, he was in an impossible situation. I could understand his heartbreak, sadness and anger. It pretty much sucked to be him. But then he started crossing that line into crazy, and I'm worried he will do something unforgivable in the final book in the series.

Then I read this novella, and now I don't know how
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
This book was such an emotional rollercoaster! Though I love Logan, I can't help but feel sad for Axton. At the end of Saven defiance, I hated his betrayal but after reading this novella, I can pretty much understand his anguish. He has pretty hard life and sadie is the only one who made his life beautiful and now he has lost everything from his evil mother. We also get to know about Ax friends Blade and Izzy. The ending was definitely heart wrenching! There is no end for Griselda's cruelty and ...more
Donna
A great addition to the series!

I was kind of dreading reading this one. I love this series. I love Sadie and Logan. This novella is all about Sadie's time with Ax, when she loved him. I knew it would be heartbreaking. I knew I would fall in love with the idea of Sadie and Axton, because Siobhan Davis knows how to make you do that. But at the same time I'm in love with the idea of Sadie and Logan. Am I making sense?! It's funny because Siobhan did a great job with Sadie's character in this book.
Rose
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
~I received a free e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review~

This review is going to be really short as I don't really have much to say. I really enjoyed this novella which outlined the past in which Sadie doesn't remember but remains branded onto Ax's mind. This story is optional but I recommend it to all that have read the previous books as it gives insight into Sadie's hidden past.
Tayla Robichaud
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I received a free book from the author for an honest review.

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I skipped over some lovey Dovey parts because I'm not the biggest fan of him but it was enjoyable.

I'm glad we finally find out what happened to blade.
Candace Robinson
I don't know, but I really like Ax!!
Clare O'Beara
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, I should really have been up to date on the Saven series before reading this one. If I was I might give it better marks. The point of this story is that a young man and young woman want to be together but parents deem it inappropriate. I had hoped for a sub plot but we get just a nod at destroying a device, despite a detailed background and an on-going process of administering altered DNA to some of the people on this planet. Hence only one of the couple is a legacy human. We see a formida ...more
Tracey Billing
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good novella that is taken from Ax's POW and his relationship with Sadie.
Poulami
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Daydreaming Books.

*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

*Major spoilers for those who haven't read the previous books in this series.*

I was a little hesitant to read this book at first seeing how Axton wasn't my favourite character but at the same time I was curious to learn what happened back at the time when Sadie was at Tor. This book definitely didn't disappoint.

Axton is aware of her mother's heinous plans for Sadie. If she go
Shan
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Spoilers for the previous books in this review*

My heart breaks for Ax! I'm so sad! Reading this and knowing things won't turn out great for Ax's plans was gut-wrenching! Also, poor Izzy! In the next book, I need for there to be some way for Ax to have his Sadie, while Logan can also have his Sadie. Like some type of weird time warp thing(twin Sadies!), and also while we are doing that, we can also pick up Blade too! I want everyone to be happy dang it! For our current Sadie, I still want her wi
Alisha
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful novella by Siobhan Davis. I had inferred and anticipated some of what we learned of Axton and Sadie in this novel, but not on the detailed level. You find out in the other full-length novels how deeply Axton loves Sadie, but part of me always wondered if it was for show. This novella helps the reader understand his genuine love for her and some details of their relationship with Izzy and Blade.

One of the best parts of this novella was getting to see Izzy and Blade. This novella gives
Dana
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you love Axton’s character or still feel on the fence about him, then this novella is a must.

As much as I hate her, I really love Griselda. Female villains seem exponentially more evil, and her behavior throughout this novella had my jaw dropping a number of times—especially the end! Wow. That ending. I had an idea about how this would end after reading Saven Defiance, but after getting further attached to Siobhan’s complex characters, I found myself feeling heartbroken all over again.

Like I
Kim
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review from the author.

This one is the short story in the view point of Ax. It gives us a little bit of insight into what went on with his past and his feelings for Sadie, and their history together. If you're looking for answers as to the ending of book #3 with this one, you won't find it, it's purely past.

Made me feel a twinge of sympathy but he's still not my favorite character.
Megan Hunt
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this lil novella as it explains the heart ache that ax is feeling, that sadie and ax did tryely love and care for each other. Though i wish ax had more of a backbone when dealing with his mum. But then again with the monster she is and what she has done i dont entirely blame him!
Heartbroken over blade and the heartache that is affecting izzy and axton.
Karla
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another emotional roller coaster that has me falling in love with Ax all over again.. A very quick read, A must read novella for lovers of the Saven Saga...

I was given this book in return for an honest review.
Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen
I HATE AXTON!

OK now that I got that out of my system I can continue this review. I'm not totally heartless OK? I do admit that he had a pretty rough life. But I don't like him as a person. Never really have and never really will. But this book gave me the insight into Sadie's other lifetime that I was looking for. And poor Izzy! I refuse to say why I feel bad for her. If you want to know you'll have to read this book yourself.
Stephanie
Devastatingly Amazing

This little glimpse into Ax and Sadies past is as awesome as is is awful. It really brings a necessary light to his "insanity". It makes it very easy to empathize with his situation. Epic 💘 and loss.
Heather Renee
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good addition

I wish this book had been dual POV. I would have loved to know what Sadie was thinking with all this! Other than that it was a great read and I look forward to the next book!
Jessica Pope
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Please note: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Heir and the Human by Siobhan Davis is a bonus novella of the Saven series written from the point of view of Axton a.k.a Ax, who readers met in Saven Denial (Saven book #2.5). It also includes other Saven series favorites such as Sadie, Logan, Izzy and Dali, and introduces Blaze among other new characters. It is the most emotionally charged piece of the series and I can now see why the author admitted to her street team that she
Rayne
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! Well written and so romantic. In this novella we get an insight into Axton and his POV of the time Sadie was in Torc. Their relationship was intense. We also get a little view of how Ax and Logan interacted. The author has done an amazing job showing how these lives crisscrossed over the years.
Jennifer G
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this novella from the author for an honest review.
I had such mixed feelings about reading this book. I knew it would be great because all of Siobhan's books are, but I didn't want to develop any further feelings for Ax. I absolutely adore Sadie and Logan. I sympathize with Ax and I understand that his love for Sadie is true and strong, but he wants Sadie which means he needs to destroy their love. I am not a fan for that reason alone. Any backstory can only make me like him
Hywela
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: available-now
Having read all the other books in the series. I was curious to know more about Axton and looked forward to reading this latest story. I was not disappointed 'The heir and the Human' adds another layer and depth to the series.

Poor, poor Axton. First he is brought up with a mother who is cruel and manipulative and shows him no motherly love or affection. In fact it's not an exageration to say Griselda is pure evil; then, the girl Griselda introduces into the household as part of her devious plan
Sharla Fackrell lane
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As usual this novella was not a disappointment! I loved filling in the blanks about not only Ax and Sadie but other relationships as well! This is a very important part of Sadie's story!

This novella was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Subscribe to the Kennedy Boys newsletter to read exclusive bonus scenes and advance samples of new releases in the series http://eepurl.com/cpxkFP

USA Today bestselling author Siobhan Davis writes emotionally intense young adult and new adult fiction with swoon-worthy romance, complex characters, and tons of unexpected plot twists and turns that will have you flipping the pages beyond bedtime! She

Saven (5 books)
  • Saven Deception (Saven #1)
  • Saven Disclosure (Saven #2)
  • Saven Denial (Saven #3)
  • Saven Defiance (Saven #4)
  • Saven Deliverance (Saven #5)
“Ax.” Sadie is breathless as she caresses the angular lines of my face. “I love you so much. You’re my whole world. You know that, right?” 1 likes
“Why do we hate one another?” he offers after a bit. I shrug, not even looking at him. “That’s very ignorant, even for you.” A snide layer slips into his tone. “What do you want me to say, Logan?” I eyeball him. “It’s just one of those things.” Oh, and yeah, I’ve stolen your girl, and my mother wants to end you sometime soon. “I remember what I thought of you the first time I saw you,” he continues. I’m expecting him to say how much he pitied poor bastard me. So, I’m almost knocked off my feet when he replies completely differently. “I couldn’t shake the feeling that you had taken something of mine. Something you had no right to. It’s lingered over the years, that all-consuming feeling. And I feel it now. What are you hiding, Axton? What do you have that’s mine?” 0 likes