Start by marking “Godspeaker (Legends of Andelan #1)” as Want to Read:
Godspeaker (Legends of Andelan #1)

Godspeaker

(Legends of Andelan #1)

"By my estimation, I have about five days left to live, so I must write this quickly."

Alone in his cell as the world breaks around him, Silas of House Olen scratches out a desperate biography. He has walked with queens, run from a shattering city, watched a great shadow swallow the sun. He has met a god and fallen in love with him — and now he is going to die.

"I never
Published May 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Godspeaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Godspeaker

Start your review of Godspeaker (Legends of Andelan #1)
☙ nemo ❧

this is the third absolutely excellent book i have read IN A ROW, and i honestly don't think my heart can take a fourth.

this was absolutely stunning. i'm going to fling myself into the sun now.
Kateřina Štolová
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
After reading so many positive reviews here I was really excited to read this book. It turned out to be the greatest disappointment since I have a Goodreads account.
It´s started great, I liked the world building and the characters before they started to seem a bit dumb to me for not figuring out what was going on. Then after the plot twist it started to drag and got quite boring. The characters´ actions started to seem illogical and unrealistic.
The end tried really hard to be deep and touching b
Vedri
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, fiction
This book is really something else. I love the characters and the diversity - amazing worldbuilding. I just wish there were more Silas/Umbrion interactions.
Mariam
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, m-m
ACTUAL RATING - 4 1/2

FIRST OF ALL: I do not rate 5 stars easily. My scale goes like this: A 4 star rating is really, really good. A 4 1/2 is AMAZING. A 5 star? Life changing.

I started this review before I finished the book, which was a mistake, because I did not realize the extent of how much my feelings toward this book would change. I am typing this blurry eyed from the tears this book caused. And let me say one thing: I do not cry easily.

Here is my more coherent review before the last page
Mekayla
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Honestly, this book was one of the best things that I have read ever. I have never been able to say what my favorite book is, but if someone were to ask me I would for sure say this one.

What made this book so enjoyable for me was that the romance was not a main focus at all. And the fact that it had LGBT elements wasn't relevant at all. It was put into the book as if it were just a normal part of society, which is nice when most novels with any LGBT characters focus on all the hardships of bein
Alva
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, fantasy
"By that point, I had seen death. I'd tasted it, choked on it. But this was the first time I had felt it."

Man. This fucked me up. I've been at a loss of words ever since I finished Godspeaker a couple days ago.

But. Yes. I loved this. The universe, the characters, the naturally portrayed relationships. I'm so sad now, but so very excited for the next book.
aisu
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartstrings

Wonderfully written book. These are very real characters, with very real flaws. This is a tear jerker, but very worth it.
Kay
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't been this bowled over by a book in quite a while.
Mali
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Artiscain
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
One of the best books I have ever read. The characters felt so real, the dilemmas so well executed, the lore so believable. The love between the two was so well depicted. The ending really didn't go like I expected it to, but I love it. Best possible ending.
I came to love all the characters, something i wasnt expecting at all.
This book was just so good I am crrushed
Saba
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book not expecting it to be as dark as it was and HECK did it make me feel things. I loved the characters and the diversity, and the world itself was so incredible and interesting! Also, I cried a lot. That's not super relevant, I just wanted everyone to know
Virginia
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, books-i-own
WELL I CRIED A BUNCH
(4.75)
Nicole
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really great, I really enjoyed how it was written and it was just real nice. Gives lots to think about.
Daniela Rodriguez
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I stumbled upon by chance, but needless to say, I am so glad I did.

I loved this book. The writing had the kind of depth to it that had me going back a page to reread a passage or five, which lengthened the time I took to actually read the book.

The characters never fell flat. Their motivations and emotions made them real. They brought so much to the story and I particularly loved the scenes with Soya and Perenor in them. Not only that, but they showed so much growth even through
Kate
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Kate by: Tessa Crowley
Shelves: fantasy
Tessa Crowley really outdid herself with this book, and I am ridiculously excited to read the upcoming sequel (whenever that's released.) All of the characters were incredible, and flawed, and diverse (Hello LGBTQA+ line up!) And watching all of them grow was amazing. My heart ached so badly for Silas by the time I was done (both times, I'd be on my third read-through), and despite knowing what was coming the second time around, I was still completely flattened by everything.

Godspeaker is a ne
Heichou_chou_chou
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely the best book I've read in 2017! This book made me suffer and cry and I loved every second of it. I look forward to reading more books written by this author.
k reads
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: quiltbag, read-2016
Interesting and different but NOT a romance. Not really. I feel like there should be more to this story.
Jillian Holloway
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm screaming

This book was so good, I could not put it down. Ough, honestly I'm really mad because it was perfect.
Ret
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
welp, this made me cry on public transport, so that's where i'm at right now. suuuuuper excited for the next book.
curls
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was so very good. The world was so intriguing and the characters were so very amazing. It broke my heart a little, but without making me angry.
K
Jul 27, 2017
Brooke
Oct 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • The Blossom and the Firefly
  • The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1)
  • Symptoms of Being Human
  • Rush: An X and Dima Novella (Run This Town #1.5)
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II
  • Shadowmancer (The Circle #1)
  • Not Your Backup (Sidekick Squad, #3)
  • The Steel Remains (A Land Fit for Heroes, #1)
  • Double or Nothing (Double Trouble #1)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3)
  • The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)
  • The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)
  • Idiot
  • Rarely Pure and Never Simple (Variant Configurations  #1)
  • The Sword of Kaigen