Start by marking “My Big Fat Texas Wedding (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Texas Wedding (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #7.5)

My Big Fat Texas Wedding

(Deep in the Heart of Texas #7.5)

Everything’s Bigger in Texas . . .

Super Bowl Champ, Austin Reeves rolls into his hometown of Bramble expecting a big ol’ hero’s welcome. Instead, he gets the big ol’ cold shoulder from a bunch of pissed off Texans. Completely baffled, he turns to the only person willing to talk to him—the shy girl he knew in high school. But that shy girl has become a hot woman with a
Published June 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Texas Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Texas Wedding

Start your review of My Big Fat Texas Wedding (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #7.5)
Stephanie
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great short story, approximately 90 pages, of a romance that is finally getting a chance to happen.
When Austin returns home after winning the superbowl he thought he would be welcomed with open arms. Instead he is faced with animosity, from everyone except from the one girl who has always treated him like crap. And all because of something he couldn't control, or could he?
Mia has been keeping her feelings bottled up due to being afraid that whoever she loves will end up leavng
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Austin Reeves is heading to his hometown of Bramble, Texas during his off season with the San Diego Chargers. He's anxious to show off his Super Bowl ring and finalize plans for his upcoming wedding to his movie star fiancé. But he doesn't get the welcome he was expecting. It seems the whole town is angry with him. He's confused about why his hometown would act this way but he's not surprised to get the cold shoulder from sexy Mia Cates. She never liked him anyway. Especially ever since he ...more
Kathleen
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you are the hometown boy that made it good in the NFL, you won the coveted Super Bowl and have the ring to prove it, you kind of expect your return home to be filled with fanfare and fireworks. But that is not what happened to Austin Reeves when he returns to Bramble, TX. . He knew people would be a little bit miffed that he played for a team that was not in Texas, but to be shunned so openly. There was one person who did welcome him back, not neccearaly with open arms at first, Mia Cates. ...more
Monique
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good old boy made good, Austin Reeves has prepared his triumphal return home to Bramble. The college football hero now his Super Bowl ring to show, as well as prepare his upcoming wedding to movie actress Suzette Duquette. Austin wanted a small wedding, but Suzette’s publicist wanted a Hollywood extravaganza, so that’s what it shall be. Austin has braced himself for a Texas-size welcome, and his first greeting is not quite what he expected. And neither is the second one. In fact, there is no ...more
BookSnuggle
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
"My Big Fat Texas Wedding" by Katie Lane is book number eight in the "Deep in the Heart of Texas" series. This can be read as a standalone, but I want to go back and read the others in this series. This is Super Bowl Champion, Austin Reeves and school teacher, Mia Cates' story.

This is a great second chance romance quick read. The story takes place in a small west Texas town. The descriptions of the people and town reminded me so much of the west Texas towns I've lived in years ago. It made me
Ada
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Big Fat Texas Wedding, the newest installment set in Bramble, Texas, in Katie Lane's Deep in the Heart of Texas series. In this book, we catch up with young Austin Reeves and Mia Cates, who are now all grown up. Austin is now a Super Bowl Champion and ready to wed a Hollywood starlet. Mia is now a math teacher in Bramble.

Austin returns to Bramble so he can have his wedding there and share in his glory with his hometown, a place where all his loved ones are. But he never expects the cold
Linda Dunn chilson
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The people of Bramble are a little crazy but they are loyal to their people. Austin returns home with a Super Bowl ring and plans to marry his Hollywood sweetheart right there in Bramble. He should be the town hero, only for some reason they are mad at him and he hasn't a clue why, ok yes he beat their precious Cowboys but he was only doing his job.
Mia has been in love with Austin forever that's why she's leaving town during the nuptials. Then Austin ends up on her doorstep confused and hurt,
Lori Meehan
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Another awesome book from Katie Lane and the town of Bramble, Texas. Ms. Lane knows how to bring a small town full of quirky, nosy and lovable towns people to life and make you want to live amongst them.
Austin Reeves comes home to Bramble for his wedding and is meet by a town of angry people, not at all what he expected. Not understanding what's going on he goes to the one person he's sure to tell him what's going on, Mia Cates. She's never liked him anyways or so he thought.

*Book Obsessed
Ashley Morris
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love Katie Lane's books and with My Big Fat Texas Wedding she pulled me into the book and made me feel like I was right there. Everyone in Bramble are not happy with Austin so they make it known to him. Mia was this once shy girl who is now a beautiful young women who is still in love with Austin despite his ways when they were younger and now. The good people of Bramble shows Austin what has been right there in front of him to be happy. This book is short, a really fun read and I highly ...more
Nancy
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, love needs a helping hand. I loved it. Unrequited love of the heroine for the hero, leads this quirky menage of characters to take drastic measures it get them together. Wonderful story.
Nate Brightman
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a devoted fan of Katie Lane’s Deep in the Heart of Texas series I thoroughly enjoyed this final little novella that ended the series. Well ended the series may be the wrong description because the final full length book The Last Cowboy in Texas was really the finale. But this book gave me a chance to return to Bramble Texas and visit with not only the main characters in this book Mia Cates and Austin Reeves but also the three women who laid the foundation of the series and of course the crazy ...more
Moira
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick, light-hearted story set in the quirky town of Bramble, TX. Funny characters make for a sweet story.
lorene miller
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The town of bramble

I loved this series it was fun and cute I love all the people of this little town I hope that Katie keeps writing about them
Bernie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Big Fat Texas Wedding review

My Big Fat Texas Wedding is an amusing novella written by author Katie Lane about the crazy happenings in Bramble, Texas.
Annissa Thomas
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect ending

I am so happy I got to read Austin and Mia's story. I have been a fan of the Deep in the Heart of Texas series for a long time now and getting to read this love story feels like watching a series finale for my favorite tv show. I loved revisting Bramble one last time and reading the love story I have been wondering about for a few books now.
Cindy
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fans of the Deep in the Heart of Texas series should enjoy this novella which gives us the story of two of the kids we met through out the series.

Austin Reeves and his mom moved to Bramble, Texas after his parent divorced. He was a bit lost and a trouble maker until he join the high school football team and with the help of his coach Slate Calhoun (hero from the first book) became the star quarter back of the team who eventually went on to play pro football and just won his first Superbowl.

Mia
Joann Maggio
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Big Fat Texas Wedding Written by Katie Lane

When Super Bowl star Austin Reeves returns to his beloved home town in Bramble, Texas he is excited to see all the folks he loves. However, he is not received with joy or the welcome he anticipated. He soon realizes the towns people despise him and he finds himself confused by their behavior.

Austin believes the town has issues with him not throwing the Super Bowl for the San Diego Chargers in favor of their Texas team. He soon learns the town folks
Cathy
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The people of Bramble, Texas are furious with their hometown hero, Austin Reeves, and he can’t figure out why. Austin has come home to get ready for his wedding to Suzette Marquette, Hollywood Star and everyone in town have make him feel very unwelcome. When he runs into an old friend, Mia Cates, he is confused as to how she makes him feel. He starts questioning everything in his life until he doesn’t know whether to stay or go.

This was such a fun read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed out
Mary Lawson
My Big Fat Texas Wedding
Katie Lane

Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Expecting a warm welcome when he returned to Bramble, Texas, Austin Reeves is totally taken back by the open hostility from people he thought were friends and who loved him. This opens the book and takes you through his bafflement as to why a Super Bowl champ is treated this way.
As he tries to figure out what is going on, he meets up with Mia Cates who tries to hid her feelings for him since he is home to marry
Phylis Carpenter
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just fell in love with the people of the town of Bramble. Austin Reeves is coming home to the town of Bramble to plan his big wedding to this actress named Suzette. He has hired wedding planner after wedding planner but they keep quitting.

Austin is excited to be returning home since he won the super bowl and has the ring to prove it. He anticipates a huge welcoming party, parade and the works. Boy is he surprised that everyone in the town hates him.

This book was full of surprises and you
Margie
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The good citizens of Bramble, Texas once again make their presence felt in their usual fun and quirky way when home-town hero, Super Bowl winner, Austin Reeves arrives home for his upcoming wedding and runs smack dab into the none too friendly townfolk who do not approve of his choice of bride. How dare he spurn hometown lovely, Mia Cates who has had a crush on Austin since forever. Come along for the fun ride where author, Katie Lane sweeps us off our feet with her excellent character ...more
Aly
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in his hometown to marry a star, football athlete Austin thinks the town will welcome him with a big great greeting but all he got from them was the could shoulder. Here's what happen when the people in town do not mind their own business and intend to see Austin marry Mia, now the schoolteacher, who loved him since she was fifteen.

Not bad but I expected more. I know it's a short story but still everything went too fast. Ready to marry Suzette one moment, in love with Mia the next. It was
Pilar Seacord
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
It sounded like it might be a cute story but it starts off annoying. Austin come home a local hero and instead everyone is angry with him but a librarian looks quite different from school. Pretty much the the story is the townspeople being mean to him and Austin not being quite sure. He is engaged to a Hollywood actress and since he wants to be married in town he sends wedding planners ahead but they all leave for varies reasons. Don't want to say any spoilers but the town being angry at Austin ...more
Toni
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

In My Big Fat Texas Wedding, Katie Lane takes us back to Bramble and the hometown sweethearts of Mia and Austin. Both are all grown up now and very deserving of their HEA. Once again the town thinks they know best and meddle to their heart’s content. For readers this means a fun visit back to the town we love and all our favorite characters. I loved going back to Bramble, as I’m sure long-time readers will. If you are new here, well, pull up a chair, grab a drink, and sit a spell. You have a lot
Marie Mckenney
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story

Mia has known and loved Austin for years. Austin feels the same way. Neither admit to it and in fact Mia acts like she can't stand him. He comes back to town years later and the town gets riled up with him because he is with stuff someone else. The things the town does in order to get them back together is funny. The trials and tribulations that go on in this book is cute. Glad that the town helps them with everything. Love the small town books.
marieno
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I hurt because Austin didn't get his hero welcome even if I knew the town had something plan for him and Mia. I was glad to see Mia as an adult but I wanted to see the other kids too. We see Brody and his James Earl Jones voice but somehow he didn't fit as a quarterback in my mind. The book's good but contrary to the other books of the series, it lacked magic or something.
Virna
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read that kept me engaged from the first chapter. The chemistry between Austin and Mia is awesome. I laughed a lot at some of the banter between characters and the story was sweet.
Nancy Rushing
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2016
This is really a cute book. I really enjoyed it. I loved the small town atmosphere where everyone knows everything. That just makes me laugh. This is the only one of this series that I've read so far and I'm anxious to read the others. They all look like a great,fun read.
Amy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Austin is back in his hometown and he's not getting the warm welcome he hoped for. Little does Mia know the reason for the cold shoulder is because of her. The whole town is behind a secret plot to get these two together.
Izzie d
Great to be back in Bramble. The town is crazy and it is a really funny book. Mia and Austin.

• Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #2.5)
  • Ain't She Sweet?
  • Deadmen Walking (Deadman's Cross, #1)
  • Cowboy Rebel
  • Lone Star Christmas (Coldwater Texas, #1)
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley #1)
  • Perky (Do-Over, #2)
  • By Hook or By Rook (London League #4)
  • A Rancher's Heart (The Stones of Heart Falls, #1)
  • Every Other Weekend
  • Mason (Remington Ranch, #1)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family, #2)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Best Fake Fiance (Loveless Brothers #2)
  • Luckiest Cowboy of All / Hometown Cowboy (Happy, Texas #3; Rocky Mountain Riders #1)
Katie Lane is the USA Today bestselling author of the Deep in the Heart of Texas, Hunk for the Holidays, Overnight Billionaires, and Tender Heart Texas series. Katie lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and when she isn’t writing, she enjoys reading, traveling, and cuddling with her high school sweetheart and cairn terrier Roo.

Deep in the Heart of Texas (7 books)
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • Trouble in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #4)
  • Flirting with Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas #5)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #6)
  • The Last Cowboy in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #7)