Start by marking “Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances” as Want to Read:
Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances

Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances

An accidental reunion . . . a sneaky plot . . . things finally falling into place.

Maybe This Time contains three heart-warming stories of love and second chances. Because when fate gives you a break, you grab the chance to finally make things right.

In Sweeter by the Second, when paintings conservator Rina David arrives for the Arts Festival in the heritage town of Jimenez
ebook
Published June 3rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Maybe This Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe This Time

Start your review of Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Finding love that was lost. Moving on but never really moving forward. Holding back while secretly holding on. This is how I summed up the three short stories from CP Santi's Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances. I can't help but feel the love that Rina & Tony had endured after their breakup, take another chance with Geno and Viv, and finally succumbing to their feelings with Arne and Bea.

It's always nice to read books that feature places in the Philippines. I get to learn more a
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of the 3 short stories, my fave would have to be Sweeter by the Second. I wish the author would write a book about their full love story!

"We're responsible for our own choices. I've made a lot of stupid decisions in my life."

"But life doesn't work that way. When I learned you were married, I was devastated. But I realized it was my fault. I could have had that, but I chose differently. I really regret losing you, but I don't regret what I've achieved. I just wish we could've had another chan
Kat at Book Thingo
CP Santi's prose is always lovely, but medyo bitin.

Full review at Book Thingo.

Reading short story romance is a bit like a cup of hot chocolate on a wintry afternoon. It’s warm, delicious and satisfying, as long as you’re not expecting a cappuccino. Or, in this case, a fully fledged romantic arc. But if you have limited reading time, this anthology packs enough of a punch to satisfy, without that overwhelming sense of just one more page that often means having to catch the next bus, or dinner bei
Ronald Lim
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Originally posted on RonReads

Having read none of C.P. Santi’s work before, I honestly didn’t know what to expect once I started in on “Sweeter by the Second”. I was pleasantly surprised that the main characters were in their thirties, and even more so when C.P. kept them that way. It would have been easy to cheat and just tell the story of how they fell in love as young people and then occasionally move back to their current age, but all of the characters remain firmly in their thirties in the s
Jeremae
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let it be known here on out that I do not believe in second chances, and this book just became the exception. Okay now that that’s out of the way, let me just squeal my way into writing this review. I assure you that reading this book will give you pure, unadulterated fluffy, feel good giddy feelings.
I loved the locations. I loved that the characters are a bit older, and are happy and settled with their chosen careers. I loved the familiarity and connection that every character had with each oth
Marian Rosary
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maybe it's the romantic in me speaking, but I am a firm believer of second chances. While they are rare and hard-earned, they definitely exist for me. I love that this was the focus of C.P. Santi's short story anthology, Maybe This Time: Stories of Love and Second Chances.
While I'm familiar with #romanceclass books, this is the first time I've read something written by C.P. Santi and I gotta say, I love what she did with this trope. I don't read much second chance romances because I find them t
Ana Tejano
* Also posted on It's Time, Ana

The first time I read C.P. Santi's book, Be Careful What You Wish For, I was giggling quietly as I went through the pages. There's something so fresh and authentic in her writing that I knew immediately that I would read her other books, too. I had the same experience with her YA book, When Cocoy Became Kikay, so when the opportunity to read her collection of short stories came up, I immediately jumped at it. (Albeit late to read, but still!)

Maybe This Time: Sto
Ailla Magcamit
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebooks
description
Read full review HERE! :)

Story ratings breakdown:
Sweeter by the Second - 4
Exorcising my Ex - 4
Meant to Be - 3.5

The first story, Sweeter by the Second, lives up to its name. The sweetness is really evident between Rina and Tony. I also loved how I managed to get a glimpse of the beauty that is Misamis Occidental. It sounds so lovely and the people, so warm! Plotwise, I found it...interesting. I mean, yes, it was a bit cliched but there's this sense of "newness" to it that you'd still want
Jessica
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best collection ever! All three stories in the book have unique charms I can’t describe, and by the time I hit the ending of the last 3rd story, I felt my heart sunk, thinking “aw, no more?”

This was the second book I’ve read from C.P. Santi, and I would say that I love it more than Be Careful What You Wish For.

The first story “Sweeter by the Second” is my least favorite, but I love the storytelling. The way the author vividly describe the town made Jimenez so alive in my head. I like the mel
H. Bentham
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
These are parts of my full review on my blog, bentchcreates.tumblr.com

I got my free ARC because of a promo(and because I honestly love, love, LOVE Short Story collections!), so here’s me, spreading out the word.

This book features three short stories about relationships that have not reached “forever” status the first time, but have been special enough (and lucky enough!) to be given another chance to really make it work out this time.

Stories:
[1]Sweeter by the Second
*What I loved most: C.P. Santi
Angeli
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I bought this book last Saturday, lured by its cute cover and the promise of feels brought about by second chances. I was able to finish it in a day, capping my Wednesday on a happy note.

Maybe This Time has three short stories about finding love the second time around. For "Sweeter by the Second", we have Tony and Rina who were together back in college but had to part ways to chase their dreams. They meet again after a few years after accomplishing many things in their lives. In "Exorcising my E
Jay Tria
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how these short stories are still brimming with Santi's signature humor and sweetness, but this time with a little bit more adulting. I love how she's able to get into the heads and hearts of these couples, now grown-ups and years apart from the young, hormone-fueled lovebirds they were before, and find the itch there that most of us might recognize. What if years before, I chose wrong? What if all this time it was really you?

Rin and Tony, Viv and Geno, Arne and Bea--everyone had their o
Agay Llanera
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
While reading this anthology, I was practically smiling the whole time. The stories remind me of those movies I used to watch at the Hallmark channel when I wanted to de-stress and feel good about life in general. Because really, good things happen as often as the bad things. And this book chooses to celebrate them by talking about second chances in love. My favorite is the second story, about how an almost-married couple drifted apart, and found each other again, all thanks to their meddling bu ...more
Lynai
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
C.P. Santi’s When Cocoy Became Kikay was a pleasant discovery in my reading life this year and I made it a point to watch out for other books by the author. It was not a surprise that I also enjoyed Maybe This Time. This latest release is a compilation of three short stories all revolving around a single common theme as suggested by the title: second chances, mostly in love but, as I soon discovered, also in life.

Continue reading.
Myra Espino
Interesting read

This is the first time I read this author's work. Interesting stories. I love the first story than the others, but I just wish that I found how it ended (not sure if it's a part of a whole book or what because this author is new to me). Anyway, the other stories are also ok, not bad. What I did not like tho is that some of the expressions of the characters, I'm not used to the words they are using when it comes to me reading books.
natalie
I think out of the three stories Exorcising My Ex was my fave. I know they all have that same theme of second chance at love, but that one stood out the most. i really loved the parents being set up on a Valentine's Day date by their daughter. Hilarious and adorable.

All in all i liked these quick reads.
Kevin
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maybe This Time was such a nice fluffy collection of short stories that focused on romantic second chances (which I'm really a sucker for when it comes to this genre). The stories were all written really well, the plot weren't overly complicated and dramatic, and the characters sounded authentic.

I'll be posting a full review of this soon on my blog.
Isabel (Sab The Book Eater)
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only complaint: I wish these weren't short stories. But hey — short and sweet, right?
Camelle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved it!!!!
Aira Irish
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short and Sweet. I hope this short stories are longer at least it sustain my feels for the characters.

I want more. hahaha
Jul 08, 2016
Trix Luna
Mar 23, 2018

• The Guest List
  • Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)
  • Mango Summer
  • The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1)
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • Summer Crush
  • Felix Ever After
  • More Than This
  • No Two Ways
  • What If It's Us (What If It's Us, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Emerald Lake Billionaires #1)
  • Trials of Artemis (The Haberdashers, #1)
  • The Wedding Trap (Second Service, #1)
  • Lynna's Rogue
  • Country Heaven (Dare River, #1)
  • The Song of Achilles
C. P. Santi is a Filipina writer based in Tokyo, Japan. She is a wife to an engineer / indie songwriter and is a full-time mom to two energetic boys. She loves cooking, baking, eating chocolate, watching J-doramas, singing at karaoke, and running around the house playing tickle tag. She also loves dreaming up stories about the people she meets.

In another life, she is also an architect and academic