Start by marking “Love, Marriage, and a Baby Carriage” as Want to Read:
Love, Marriage, and a Baby Carriage

Read Book

Love, Marriage, and a Baby Carriage

Theodore Reinhart is a young man looking for love. In San Diego. At a convention. For penguin shifters. WaddleCon is the go-to event of the year when looking for your life partner, but Theodore isn’t comfortable with the game they’ve turned dating into, nor does the convention provide for the gay community. A mistake in speed dating table assignments puts Theodore in front ...more
Published June 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

Shin Mon Thway
OMG! What a cute and charming story! And penguins?!?!?! Ah, come on, you gotta be kidding me! Who doesn’t love those adorable, waddling penguins! The story was so cute and funny! I really wish this was a full length novel or at least a 100pages novella instead of a short story. This was very VERY fun! I really loved Wes and Theo and the chemistry between them. And to top that adorable gooey sweetness, a baby penguin! Melted my heart straight away! Highly recommends this one to anyone who loves a ...more
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to R * A Reader Obsessed * by: Sara
4 Stars

Ok, I admit I'm a lot disgruntled that this ended so abruptly albeit with a HEA, but still!!!!! Just when it was getting to the good part it ends, and where the F is my damn epilogue?

Regardless, this was seriously too cute with a nice dose of sexy. How can one resist a story about penguins no less, who meet at a singles convention looking for their one and only. Anyone? Throw in the fact that not only do Theodore and Wesley hit it off immediately, circumstance finds them saddled with an a
SheReadsALot
3.5 HEARTS--KA-YUTE!

Can't be avoided...

Don't even try.

Theodore is a 25 year old ginger MET tour guide & Magellanic penguin shifter who joins WaddleCon - a singles' penguin convention. The poor ginger sees the convention is geared to hetero couples once he arrives in San Diego. Things don't seem to be going his way until he meets a hunky fellow penguin shifter, Wesley. They strike up a conversation during a round of speed dating and Theo is adorably flustered. And for good reason, Wes is an
Barbara➰
OMG freaking adorable! Sweet penguin shifters! But I want more. I wish this was a longer book. But absolutely sweet and cute fluffiness.
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silly, but so dam cute 😁.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Penguin Love!!!!

photo tumblr_niz3o75Xxu1s94lfqo4_500_zpsln8foohx.jpg

This was my first experience with this author and it will not be my last. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t mind reading a follow up to this little nugget of shifter cuteness.

Theo and his salmon pants ensemble hooked me quickly. He’s a little bit awkward and he’s definitely disappointed to learn that his first WaddleCon is going to be a bust because it’s targeted toward the heterosexual penguins. What do you do when you find yourself across the country in an odd salmon pant/plaid
Eugenia
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, on-hoopla, shifter, shorts
Soooooo ADORABLE!! Penguin Shifters travel to WaddleCon in San Diego to find their mate. Our boys meet and it’s instant sizzle. Throw in an egg discovered in a trash can, a jealous penguin, a cheating mate, and WaddleCon security, and you’ve got a hell of a short story!

Penguins in the bathtub! How cute is that?!!
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

This was such an adorable shifter story!!! My first penguin experience and definitely my favorite out of the Daily Dose. I'm a shifter girl and I can tell you the wolves, cats, and bears are generally my go to area. I didn't expect a penguin shifter, but it was fantastic! This was the perfect combination of plot and romance. The beginning didn't read like I started in the middle for such a short book, but it was just enough and left me wanting to more.

Theodore comes to San Diego for Waddle Con.
Melissa
OMG this was too adorable! First, penguin shifters - so cool! And then the egg and them protecting it. Sigh. My heart was so happy to read this. Such a fun story and I highly recommend.
⚣Michaelle⚣
4 Stars

OMG, penguin shifters. PENGUIN. SHIFTERS. How adorable is that??? Super adorable, I tell you. Poe had me in stitches from the dialogue to the characterization...and that whole chase/escape scene is ridiculously Over-The-Top - but I DON'T CARE. ADORBZ!

Also, WaddleCon. I just can't with that it's so cute.

(I know these stories in the Daily Dose are supposed to be short, but I'd have given this 5 stars if it had been just a little bit longer...)
C.S. Poe
May 24, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Google Play: bit.ly/LoveMBCGP
iBooks: bit.ly/LoveMBCIBK
Kobo: bit.ly/LoveMBCK
Scribd: bit.ly/LoveMBCSBD

*Read the excerpt on Goodreads under 'Kindle Edition'
FREE CODA: "Hot Fudge Sundae Day" bit.ly/LoveMBCCoda1
namericanwordcat
Want to have some weird sweet fun? Hold on to your hat, it is penguin shifters and a found egg.

Yeah. And a romp though San Diego.

It needs to be longer of course, but its a hoot or what ever noise it is that penguins make.
Serena Yates
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Too adorable for words is what came to mind when I tried to decide the best way to describe this story. I knew it was going to be good from the moment I saw “WaddleCon” appear in the blurb. That was all I needed to know to have cute penguins marching across my brain. And that is what this story is about - penguin shifters meeting at “the go-to event of the year when looking for your life partner”. On one hand you have Theodore who realizes, too late, that this is a con strictly for straight peng ...more
Bike Book Reviews
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is part of the Walk on the Wild Side Daily Dose books from Dreamspinner and boy is it cute! I fell in love with sweet awkward Theodore and his Salmon Pants!

Theodore is attending Waddle Con, a singles convention for penguin shifters, and he isn't starting out the way he wants, with lost luggage and a questionable outfit a sales clerk insisted he 'had to' have! Theodore thinks things might be looking up when he is accidentally paired with beautiful model Wesley on a speed date.

Wesley i
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to the reviewer in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Theodore attends a convention for single penguin shifters in search of their life partners. He doesn't have much hope, seeing as the Waddle Con doesn't cater to gay members, however, when fate (and speed dating) put handsome Wesley in his path and his interest seems to be reciprocated, of course, he embraces it with both hands.

This was such a cute read! Short and sweet with a touch of hotness. Theodore was absolutely
Alisa
Never in a million years would I have thought I'd read a penguin shifter story. It sounds absurd to me. I'm so glad though that some FB friends encouraged me to read this. It was so darned cute. I loved every minute of this fated mate/penguin story. You guys......they meet at Waddlecon. And one swims around in the bathtub. And there's an abandoned egg.......
Rachel
Per author: Dreamspinner Press has put Love, Marriage, and a Baby Carriage on sale, in honor of World Penguin Day! Pick it up for only 75 cents until April 26th, 11:59 p.m.!

Christelle
It’s fast (only 37 pages) and, if ready for pure cray-cray and cuteness, then, it’s a fun read about two “Penguins” shifters meeting at a speed-dating, falling for each other and dealing with an abandoned Penguin egg found in a bathroom.
It’s so crazy and adorkable that it made me laugh : not bad for a shifter story I only picked up for a reading challenge.
Sara
This may be one of the most adorable and funny things I have read this year.

I have been on one hell of a shifter kick for 2016 and I plan to work my way through as many different species of shifters as I possible can so this, this is about Magellanic Penguins and if you haven't seen what they look like... google that shit.

So, we meet Theodore (*ahem* a fellow ginger) as he is getting ready to fly from the Big Apple to San Diego to attend WaddleCon, a convention for penguins to find their forev
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Freaking adorable!!! 4,5 stars.

REVIEW @Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words

Theodore is having a bad day. With no suitcase (lost somewhere between New York, where he lives, and San Diego, where he has just landed for the Waddle Con), a messy hair and an awful suit (brown jacket and salmon pants. Can you imagine him?) But his bad luck has no end. He had just discovered the Waddle Con is a convention for single people who wants to find their forever penguin partner. Yes, he is a Magellanic penguin s
Ann
This story was absolutely adorable in pretty much every way imaginable. The author managed to make penguins totally work with the cuteness and the sexy. The setup was awkwardly adorkable and the meet-cute was funny and I got all caught up in reading about these two. What started out as a potential fling moved forward once the boys found the abandoned egg and the whole penguin family thing made the jump from temporary to permanent a thing I could get behind for these guys.
BWT (Belen)
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2016

I snickered, I laughed, I snorted. A fun penguin shifter story with some super-serious insta-love that was just plain enjoyable.

My only complaint is I would have liked to have read a better resolution with the cuckolded husband.

Other than that niggling bit...it was cute, quick, and funny.
Pat Nelson
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute, super sweet tale that is definitely NOT your garden variety shifter story. I adored it, and I think you will too.
Allison
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, shorts
This was Adorable! I'm not much of a shifter reader, but Penguins! At WADDLECON! Impossible to resist. It's really much too short but a full story, that made me want more, is packed into it's few pages. I will definitely re-read this when I need to feel all the sweet, goopy feels. 🐧🐧🐧
Nerea
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Supercute!! But I really wish to know more about them! Is too short !! ;_;

FantasyLiving
4 Hearts

WaddleCon!!!!!!!

That word, plus penguin shifters, and I knew this was going to be super cute. I got all excited, and started as soon as it hit my kindle. It is short, so I think most people could finish this on a lunch break, or maybe while dinner is cooking. A very satisfying piece.

Wes and Theo are just adorable together. They have immediate chemistry, and Theo feels that pull in his gut that tells him he has found his mate.

Erin
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this short story...Theodore is adorable! Normally shorter stories can leave you sort of hanging and wanting more, but I found this book covered all the bases with a lovely HEA

I received a free copy for an honest review and am happy to recommend it to anyone :)
Aeren
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cuando vi que era cambiaformas no de lobos sino de pinguinos supe que tenía que leerlo, demasiado mono para poder dejarlo pasar. Ha sido tan fluffy como esperaba y más, me ha encantado, espero leer más cosas de la autora y más largas, ¡me he reido un montón!
Antoinette
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really fun quick read. I laughed the entire time. It was a really unique turn on an abandoned baby. Theodore was adorable and both gave their all to protect the baby. I really enjoyed this short story.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Haldis
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
C.S. Poe has the best understanding of the secret life of penguin shifters that I have ever read! It's almost as if she has lived amongst them!
I love Theodore and Wes, and the egg!
This was a very fun little romp and I highly recommend it!
  • Two Cowboys and a Baby
  • Broken Phoenix
  • Nuts About You (Nutty Romances #1)
  • Out of the Ashes (Asheville Arcana #1)
  • Lucky (Putman County, #1)
  • Blessing and Light
  • The Last Yeti
  • Screw the Fags (Screwing the System, #1.5)
  • Werewolves of Chernobyl
  • How to Catch a Cheetah
  • Healing Hunter's Heart (A Little Bite of Love, #2)
  • Inhaling Smoke
  • Dipping His Pen in the Office Ink
  • Sightings
  • The Vampire Fred: Wicked Game
  • Fangs and Catnip (Dead and Breakfast, #1)
  • Familiar
  • Blood on Sand
C.S. Poe is a Lambda Literary and EPIC award finalist author of gay mystery, romance, and paranormal books.
She is a reluctant mover and has called many places home in her lifetime. C.S. has lived in New York City, Key West, and Ibaraki, Japan, to name a few. She misses the cleanliness, convenience, and limited-edition gachapon of Japan, but she was never very good at riding bikes to get around.
She