Start by marking “Kate's Capitol (Kate's Case Files #2)” as Want to Read:
Kate's Capitol (Kate's Case Files #2)

Kate's Capitol

(Kate's Case Files #2)

Do the small compromises we make daily really hurt anyone or matter to God?
Kate’s first case as an FBI agent is nothing like she expected. Posing as an intern at the Texas Capitol, she finds herself spending more time behind the computer than she does figuring out the case. Is Representative Jason Ashbury guilty of a third degree felony or is one of his staff to blame? An
Published May 24th 2016 by Sarah Holman (first published May 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Kate's Capitol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate's Capitol

Amanda Tero
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed Kate's Innocence, I really looked forward to Kate's Capitol. I was not disappointed! The flow of it was perfect. Never did it seem to drag or leave me clueless as to what was going on.

I really appreciated the theme of this book, about following God in even the small aspects of life. This one is without a doubt a strong Christian-themed book.

The romance was slightly disappointing to me. It's not that I don't like romance in books; it just seemed to
Kate Willis
2018 Reread
If you re-read the first book, you gotta re-read the second one too. ;) I'm even more hyped for the rest of this series now! <3 I'm really excited to see how the author develops Kate dealing with her past, and I can't wait to spend more time with these great characters. Also, I had forgotten TJ's nickname, so that was fun to remember. XD

Original Review
Well, it didn’t take me long to devour the second book. ;) It seems like when I need a light but satisfying read, I always pick up someth
Apr 30, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This book is a story that has a lot of fact along with fiction. The setting is a place I worked, the case is based on a news story, and the message is one that God has been teaching me.

Kate and Patrick are back for another adventure.
Rebekah Morris
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first book in this series, I was eagerly looking forward to reading the second. I was not disappointed! I read it in one afternoon and enjoyed it all. I loved getting to reconnect with Kate, Patrick and all the other characters. And, though this wasn't an "exciting" case (with guns, bombs and such), it was still very interesting, had it's tense moments and came to a satisfying end.
I hope Sarah Holman writes more stories in this series.
Mikayla
Couldn't be more awesome. 'nough said.
Hailey Rose
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yay!!! I got to spend time with these awesome characters again!!

While not as good as book 1, it was so much fun to be with my FBI friends on a new case. Kate is such a cool character. I (still) want to know more about her.
Lilian
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: almostfavorites
I'm suddenly such a binge-reader. o.O
Deborah O'Carroll
Another thoroughly enjoyable mystery story from Sarah Holman!

In a way, Kate’s Capitol was quite different than the first one. Kate’s Innocence (book 1) had a lot of action and peril; this one has more of a political/office/spy sort of feel, so there was still tension, just of a slightly less life-threatening sort for most of the book. It was interesting watching the FBI team tracking trails of paperwork etc. This one is somewhat tense but not as high-stakes as the first book, so they
Raechel
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I enjoyed getting the chance to read this next book in the Kate Files series. It was great following up with the characters and getting to know them more.
Though I've never been much into political things, I found this book's plot interesting and engaging.
Though I think that the 'who-dunnit' was a little...underdeveloped/obvious. When it came to figuring out who the "bad guy" was, there was a big deal made about who it should be that I was expecting that it just had to be someone else
Esther Filbrun
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Esther by: Sarah
Shelves: to-review
Couldn't stop reading it! I loved Kate’s Capitol! Having read the first book in the series, Kate’s Innocence, I was excited to be able to read the second. In this story, Kate is now an FBI agent, working with a team to discover the truth behind claims surrounding Rep. Ashbury in the Texas Capitol, Austen. Can Kate keep up the façade of an intern long enough to glean the information they need? When Patrick shows her special attention, will she be okay with that, or want to keep her distance? With ...more
Bekah
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book in this series by the name of Kate's Innocence, so I was excited to read of Kate and Patrick's next adventure, set in Texas.

What I Liked: It was nice to catch up with Patrick and Kate along with the other agents in this book. I loved all their comradeship as they worked on the case. There were several points where the clean humor made me smile and chuckle a bit. It broke up the serious nature of the book very well.

While it took a little bit for the s
Abigail Harris
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Review
Genre: Fiction.
My Rating: 5 Stars.
Recommendation: Anyone over 13 because of slight violence.
My favorite character/s: Kate is more closed off from others than in the first book. I like Kate and feel bad for her as she struggles with her fears.
My Verse for Kate is Proverbs 15:13
He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. King James Version.
Patrick is just as determined in this book to be Kate’s friend as in the first book when he
Caitlyn Santi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series! If there is one thing I love it is stories that feature the FBI (so much that I even wrote one myself!) and Kate's Case files is such a fun and unique take on the FBI. I absolutely love this fabulous (and hilarious!) ensemble cast of characters, I especially get a kick out of Logan and all her fun little quirks! It was neat that the majority of this book took place in and around the Texas State Capitol, the author described the surroundings and atmosphere so wel ...more
Olivia
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun read! I can't decide if I liked this better than the first one or not. It was nice to be reunited with all the characters again-Kate, Patrick, Logan, Thomas, and many new ones!

What I liked a lot about this was all the mystery surrounding the capitol building. You can really tell the author knows her stuff. I didn't understand all the government details, but what I did understand was interesting.

I love the spiritual lessons of no compromise and how easily the author wove it thr
Esther
Another 48 hour read! Why didn't I read this series sooner? It's just powerful, plain and simple.

I was so happy to find that this book picked up shortly after the first. There wasn't even that awkward transition that you normally have between books in a series. The dynamics were a little different of course, but the heart prevailed.

I have to say my favorite thing about this series is the characters. They are so well rounded and play off each other incredibly well! And I know their fictional, b
Tarissa
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Kate's Capitol just as much as the first book in the Kate's Case Files series -- maybe even a little better.

Kate's Capitol has political suspense and FBI intrigue. I found it to be a fun book, with a lot of interesting angles in the plot. It's Kate's first case as an FBI agent now. She and the rest of the team are taking on undercover roles at the Texas Capitol to investigate who is stealing extra money from Representative Jason Ashbury's campaign. Surely it's not Ashbury himself?

What do I li/>What
Liberty Baehr
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book kept me interested from start to finish - much like it's predessor, but so much more in depth. There was a little normal attraction - but it wasn't inappropriate - more of taking control of their thought life. I learned so much about Washington politics & tunnels. Such intrigue! My preteen & teen daughters were eager to read it too!!
Angie Thompson
Really enjoyed getting back with the team again! I'm not entirely sure how I fell for this group of characters so hard, but I really, really love them! <3 Although I was a bit confused by Kate's feelings at the beginning--umm, did you really think you could take this job and not be constantly interacting with Patrick? But I did sort of understand her wanting to put up walls, even though I'm not entirely sure of everything that's behind them, and I'm really rooting for her to continue letting ...more
Lynda Knapp
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A page-turner for sure.

Wow, when I first started this book, I thought it would be an okay read. It didn't take too many pages for me to find out that this was definitely a page turner. I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed Kate, Patrick, and the rest of the team. Definitely recommend this book.
Ruth
Jo Miller
Dec 03, 2016
Gracie and Ella
Nov 15, 2016
Sarah Holman lives in central Texas with her amazing family. When not working on her next novel, she can usually be found hanging out with her siblings, reading, or taking long walks. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it’s because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined. You can find out more about her at her website www.thedestinyofone.com

Kate's Case Files (5 books)
  • Kate's Innocence (Kate's Case Files #1)
  • Kate's Dilemma (Kate's Case Files #3)
  • Kate’s Conundrum (Kate's Case Files #4)
  • Kate's Christmas (Kate's Case Files #5)