Start by marking “Sleep, Baby, Sleep” as Want to Read:
Sleep, Baby, Sleep

Read Book

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  25 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Sleep, Baby, Sleep is a classic lullaby paired with enchanting images of families from around the world. Illustrations and text lead little ones into dreamland and this book is a lovely bedtime story for children.
Published May 19th 2016 by Xist Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sleep, Baby, Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep, Baby, Sleep

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Sleep, Baby, Sleep
Producervan in Cornville, AZ from New Orleans & L.A.
Sleep, Baby, Sleep. by Calee M. Lee. Illustrated by Elizabeth Miyu Blake. Xist Publishing. 5+ Stars. Sweet, calming, cozy. You will find yourself drifting off to dreamland with your child/children as you read this aloud. Hypnotic picture book with easeful pictures of the velvety night that will leave young ones feeling sheltered, secure and mightily cared for before bedtime. Highly recommend! Thanks to NetGalley and Xist Publishing for providing this ebook for review.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful bedtime book that uses a traditional German Lullaby as the text. The lullaby has been translated to English and some other verses have been added. This is a simple, repetitive book that will lull children to sleep. If you want, you can find the lullaby on youtube to play after the story is finished. The illustrations are beautifully done with the families in silhouette against colourful washed backgrounds. A great addition to a family library. The publisher generously provide ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book had good illustration and wording. Cute book, but I really wanted it to rhyme. Some of it did, some of it didn't.

I received a advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, net-galley
A classic lullaby, this book is a very calming read. With the repetition of 'sleep, baby, sleep', it's easy to see how it can lull little ones off to the land of nod. The images are enchantingly beautiful and the darker colour theme lends itself well to a bedtime story. The only thing I didn't like was the olde English, such as 'thy' and 'thee', but given that it is a classic lullaby, it's nice to see that the original details have been kept.
Storywraps
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhh! Bedtime has come and this book sweeps the reader across the entire world giving him/her a glimpse of how universal this ritual is with many different families partaking.

This gentle, calming book is a beautiful word - lullaby with dreamy illustrations that will lull little ones into Dreamland.

Images at dusk portray the moon, stars, surrounding landscapes and fields of sheep... all symbols of a day fading away into the stillness of nighttime and culminating in a good night's rest.

It is
야일
Also appears on Gaga Over Books.

Based on an original German lulaby, the added zeal of which adds to the allure of this picture book to be read to one's baby.

I would love to listen to the original German lulaby being sung to their children though for that added zeal due to the accent.

The pictures are quite attractive and they make for the lost effect of this translated work as I believe the original is always the best. But nonetheless it does its job of putting the baby to sleep and having an i
Paul Franco
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Different cultures are shown putting their babies to bed. There’s archaic language and attempts at rhyme, but other than that the words do not stand out.
This is all about the visuals, taken from a German poem written out at the end. The artwork shows every brushstroke, and comes off as something a child would do in kindergarten, which I’m sure was the intention, but it’s a bit jarring at first.
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This is a lovely bedtime picture book for children. The lyrical writing just about lulled me to sleep! The artwork is peaceful and beautiful. I will be purchasing a copy of this for my children.

I received an ARC from NetGalley.
Donna Maguire
Sleep, Baby, Sleep is the beautiful translation of the lullaby originally written in German. I loved the images in the book and it is just a well put together book all round - 5 stars from me and could easily see me singing this to my little girl
Rachel
*thank you to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.
Such a beautiful lullaby! The images are beautiful to look at and they have such a softness to them. This is a really cute bedtime book.
Ryan
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Apparently this is a German lullaby, and it is beautiful. It has that sing song quality that you hear moms and dads whisper singing as they are trying to get a fussy baby down. It’s wonderful. And the illustrations are darkly colorful.
Cat
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this rhyme! So gentle and calming. So descriptive. And the illustrations are so lovely to look at! It's a good bedtime story for the wee little ones!
Dori Rogers
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this to my little ones! It is so very cute and my 6 year old loves to read it by himself
Poongothai
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A nice calming bed time read. Beautiful illustrations.
Lauren
Jul 06, 2017
Norman Coe
Jul 06, 2016
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Liam Fountain
Oct 14, 2019
Lucy Wolfe
May 18, 2020
Elizabeth Blake
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Aya Hamza
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it

It would be amazing for a child to read it in bed while enjoying the art in the book. The art is really beautiful.

I received an ARC of this copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest feedback.
Jazz