Start by marking “Ella's Will” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Will Hawkins is just a mere stable boy. How can he ever think to woo Ella, his once-wealthy childhood friend who is stubbornly independent, especially when his competition is the prince? Without any magic or fairy godmothers, Will must show Ella that he is her true prince charming in this perspective twist of the Cinderella story.
Paperback
Published September 1st 2016 by Sweetwater Books (first published July 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Ella's Will, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ella's Will

Katie W
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
They say that there are two sides to every story and that's just what this book shows. In Ella (my review can be found here), the reader is treated to a Cinderella-type story from Ella's point-of-view. But in Ella's Will, the reader gets into the head of Will, a stable boy who is in love with Ella, even though he may not be able to ever have her. It's pretty much the exact same story, with a few twists, as it's from Will's perspective.

I loved that I knew how this story was going to go and how it
Becca
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Ella and knew I had a tour coming up for Ella's will. I am so glad I got to be part of this tour. This book was so good.

In this re-telling of Cinderella we get to see Will's view of the things that have happened. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when an author lets us see the "other" side of the story. It is one of my favorite things. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does I always grab them and devour them. I wish we could have all the characters view on the story. It would be amazing.
Chelsea Dyreng
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a hard book to read, mainly because my teenage twins kept STEALING it from me. They were totally ga-ga over it, and every time I would ask them about it they would put their hands on their hearts and swoon. Once I had my chance to read the book I could see why. This is definitely a book to savor, with a hero that is worthy of adoration. Not the kind of adoration that teenagers give to bare-chested men or icy cold vampires, but for a man who works hard, who is filled with compassion ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

Okay, so this is actually the same story as found in "Ella" but told from a different perspective. Instead of Ella's point of view, this book comes from Will. I haven't read the first book but I don't think it's necessary to read the first book in order to understand this one. I will say that now I feel almost compelled to read the first book because I know Ella has a point of view and I long to know it.

What is not to love about Will? He is so devoted to Ella and determined to make her
Jessilyn Peaslee
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I feel a little silly giving my own book 5 stars, but what else am I supposed to do ?!? ;) I loved writing this book. I loved writing the Cinderella story from a person's perspective who I didn't even know would exist until he just showed up. I guess that's what I loved the most about Will. As I wrote "Ella," I had no intention of having a "Will." But once he came, he changed everything.

I loved telling a realistic version of the Cinderella story. It is a story of overcoming adversity and risin
Sydney
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee has written another charming retelling of the story of Cinderella. This time it is from the point of Ella Blackeley’s friend, Will, a brilliant stable hand that once worked for Ella’s father and now works for the royal family. Yet again Jessilyn will capture the heart and attention of her readers with this delightful and magical retelling and twist on one of my all-time favorite fairytales. This is a story filled with a fantastic story and magnificent characters that rea ...more
Anna P
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different, But It Worked

The book, “Ella’s Will” the second book in it’s series by Jessilyn Stewart was not what I was expecting, but it met my expectations and maybe even went above. The first book in the series is “Ella”, and that book is amazing on it’s own, but this one was just as amazing as the first. The title, “Ella’s Will” can be seen different ways because it can actually be talking about her will, or it can be talking about the man in the book named, Will. In my opinion the title of t
Melanie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved "Ella" and was excited to read this! We learn about Will in this book and what was going through his mind.

Will was close to Ella's father but, after his death, went away for a while so at first he becomes reacquainted with her. He's surprised by what he learns and is impressed with the way Ella handles herself.

I enjoyed Will's story but still love Ella's more! I knew what would happen but didn't feel like it was necessarily the same story. Will's life was different than what I
Kelly
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down the best Cinderella retelling I have ever read! The twist to it is genius! The main characters were so selfless that I cried my eyes out over them!

I thought this would be a love triangle, but it’s not. You know how stories go where boy meets girl they fall in love but something happens that they have a falling out and then get back together? That is not how this book works. Ella and Will are two people who are selfless and sacrificing for each other. Will has known Ella since
Linnae
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Maybe it's not the Prince who deserves the lady's hand.

Will Hawkins grew up in the Blakely home, ever since his own father died. In fact, Henry Blakely taught him more about what it means to be a man and a father than anyone else. His love of horses, and his first horse of his very own, came from working for Mr. Blakely. When Mr. Blakely died, however, Will was let go.

Some years later, as he's passing Ashfield--the Blakely ancestral home--he notices what seems to be a servant girl out in the yar
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I love a good fairy-tale retelling. Stories of Cinderella have been a favorite. I was not disappointed in this rendition of the classic.

This story is told from the point of view of one of Ella's friends, Will. He remembers her father and what life was like before his death. He is astonished when he sees Ella plucking chicken without shoes on her feet. He needs to know what happened to her and her situation,

This begins a friendship and admiration. He wants and needs to make life better for her, e
Heidi
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of fairy tale retellings. I'm not quite sure why, as fairy tales aren't exactly realistic in most ways. I guess it's the magic of the good being rewarded and the wicked being punished. In a world full of unfairness, it's nice when things work out for those who really deserve it. I really liked the twist on Cinderella that Peaslee presents in Ella's Will. I realize that there is another book called Ella which I haven't read that probably tells the same story from Ella's point of view. ...more
Melanie
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best takes on the Cinderella tale I’ve ever read. The story is told from the point of view of Will, Ellas’s only friend in the whole wide world.

I found this story very emotional and poignant from start to finish. The characters were sweet and tragic at times. Their backstories were filled with pain, yet both grew into strong and compassionate individuals.

If you’re ready for a unique perspective and some twists on this timeless tale, curl up and read Ella’s Will.

It appears that
Melissa
This is the sequel to Ella told from Will's perspective. I enjoyed Ella which is a retelling of the Cinderella story with a twist. This is the same story told from Will's perspective. It is a sweet story about what real love is. Will is loving, self-sacrificing, and truly has Ella's best interest at heart. It's a quick enjoyable read with a happily-ever-after ending. Definitely recommend it to my daughter. I hope that the author plans to tell us how Prince Corbin came about. :)
Rachel
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. To get Will's story after reading Ella's story. The love he has for her is outstanding. These books are definitely favorites. What a great telling of Cinderella and her prince.
Jess
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book from a giveaway and was very pleased by it. It's a new take on a well loved fairy tale and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fairy tales and longs for one from an alternate point of view.
Erin
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Same as Ella written from man perspective
MaryLynn
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed seeing the story from a different view point.
Heidi
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved seeing this story from Will's point of view. This was a great read and a great companion book to Ella. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Margaret Rose
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Skimmed.
Rebekah Lee
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet. This is my favorite book in Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee's series. Absolutely lovely.
April
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Mandy Al-Bjaly
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The name of Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee became precious to me late last year, as soon as I read and fell completely in love with her first novel, Ella. I read many books last year as a frequent book reviewer for Cedar Fort Publishing, and her book was one of my top two favorites.

Back in June of this year, she contacted me and asked me to read the nearly final draft of her new companion novel to Ella, called Ella’s Will, and write an endorsement of it. I was honored and thrilled to be asked to do so
Camille
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fairy-tale
I was only partway through Ella when I decided to pick up this companion novel told from the hero’s perspective and finish Ella reading this alongside it. Ella’s Will is a retold version of Ella from the perspective of the stable boy in love with her, although he believes he can never have her.

Will is such a wonderful hero whose friendship with and love for Ella is so pure and deep; his sweet, devoted, and sacrificing love is so adorable to read about. He's torn between wanting Ella and wanting
Lizard :)
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This book. this book.

This story is basically "Ella" retold except through the point of view of her friend Will. Ohmygoodness. It's just really beautiful. I think I'll just leave you with that.

Juny
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
The battle between two or three stars...2.5 just because originally I was going to give it 3. But after some time away from this book I'm kinda tired of it.
The first one I quite enjoyed and gave it 4 stars. This one however, even after my endless wait and excitement to read it, disappointed me. It was a bit redundant, not only the same story, which I was fine with at first, but his thoughts kept repeating over and over again. Yes I get that he was battling this internal battle of letting Ella
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee

He'll get his true love to the ball...

Will Hawkins loved Henry Blakeley as the father he had wished he had had. Henry's death brought an end to his employment for the Blakeley family.

Years later Will is shocked to see the situation that Henry's daughter Ella is living in. Reduced to the role of servant in her father's home, Ella's life is one of hard work which Will is determined to ease. But if she receives help her stepmother punishes her, seemingly determ
Miriam
Diane Tolley
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful and beloved only daughter of a kind, generous, recently-deceased widower.
Stepmother and stepsisters who are narcissistic, vain and just plain cruel.
And a great, countryside manor falling into disrepair as the daughter of the house tries vainly to keep it—and her step family—cared for.
Sound familiar?
This is a new twist on the old, familiar story, as told by the young man who figures strongly in the tale.
Ella, struggling to fulfil her father’s final wishes, has become little more than a
Cathy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time reading this book! I loved that this book is the same story as Jessilyn Peaslee's Ella, just told from Will's perspective. That brought a whole new level of awesomeness for me. It's so much fun to kind of get the he said, she said thing going on.

I still liked Will, I loved all of the things that he selflessly did for Ella, that she really had no idea he had even done, so they were missing from her side of the story. I loved that he had been working so hard to be able to ask h
« previous 1 3 next »

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things