Start by marking “Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)

Cowboys Don't Stay

(Code of the West #3)

Rodeo cowboy Noah Tanner spent his life going down the road. He never stopped. He never stayed --until rehab from an accident stuck him in Laramie, Wyoming over the holidays.

So, fine. He'd stay with Tess. Who better to spend Christmas with than the gorgeous nurse who'd patched him up once before?

Once Tess Montgomery had loved Noah. She still had him to thank for her
Published May 22nd 2016 by Tule Publishing (first published July 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboys Don't Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboys Don't Stay

Start your review of Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
Gaufre
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
It is a heartwarming story with everything being so convenient. Noah invades Tess' home and she lets him. He makes decisions for her and their daughter, whom he didn't even know existed a few days prior, and she lets him.
Brenda
Sweet and enjoyable holiday season read.

Noah Tanner and Taggart Jones, best friends are on their way home after winning the PBR championship --one in bronc riding the other in bull-riding-- when they meet with a terrible accident.

When Noah opens his eyes in the hospital, he finds the nurse looking at him is Tess Montgomery, the girl who had shown him paradise for two weeks eight years ago, having welcomed him into her life, her arms and her bed after an injury. Now, she treated him with a cool
Booklover
Such a sweet cute story,absolutely loved Noah-Tess,and the bonding and scenes with Suee was fun to read,especially the scene when Suse bumps into a tress and breaks her teeth and has few scratches,loved the way Noah-Tess both find their way to love back and Noah realises his mistakes and finally works on earning Suse and Tess's trust and love

The secondary characters were great,Noah's family was good and Noah sharing his childhood scrapbook and pics with Suse and Tess was also fun to read

Overall
Lu
Lovely story with a strong heroine and an amazing kid

This is my first book by this author but will not be the last.
Tess was a nurse student when she met Noah, a cowboy that was in the hospital to recover from an injury suffered during a rodeo. They shared an instant connection and spend two weeks together, being lovers and friends.
When the two weeks have passed and Noah was finally recovered, he simply left with some rodeo companions and told her that he could not stay, that he had never
Ruth Anne Garcia
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story where Noah, a bronc rider, lives by the rodeo. He never stays in one place for long. After getting hit by a Semi, he's thrust into the hospital and has a long recovery ahead of him. For now, his nurse is a blast from the past.

Cute story, lots of sweetness, and a good ending. I enjoyed it. The Christmas theme of the book was perfect for the season. I loved how sweet Noah could be.

Tess struggles with her fears, trust, and heart.
Katzsouza4yahoo.Com
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the series and loved it
Kati
A sweet Christmas romance, though a bit too traditional for my liking - womenfolk in the kitchen, menfolk inspecting guns, church every Sunday and the like. But I did like the surprisingly non-bratty child. Kudos for that.
Judith Fletcher
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The accident and the surprise.

On the way home Noah and Tagert where in an accident, which put them both in hospital.
To Noah this seems like fate as eight year's earlier the same had happened to him, landing him in the same hospital.
Tess was surprised to read the name of her new patient, in fact it was a shock she could have done without.
This was the second time Noah had been in her life, the first time he had walked away without a word and left her to be a mother on her own nine months later.
Janet Simmons
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story of Tess and Noah. It is a stand alone however there are others in the series about Noah's brothers if you want to continue reading about the family. They can be read in any order. Tess and Noah is a second chance romance. He is a Rodeo bronco champ and Tess is a nurse. The first time they met was eight years ago and she was a nursing student, he had needed somewhere to recuperate after getting out of the hospital. Tess had let him stay with her for a couple of weeks.
This time a semi
Tonileg
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Second chances romance with a cowboy from the rodeo circuit has to take a break for the holidays when he has a serious car accident while en route home to his brother's ranch.
Noah Tanner ends up in the same hospital that many years ago he met a special nurse that he fall in love and left to go back to the rodeo, but this time he is going to stick around because there is a surprise secret daughter that is now in his life. Totally impossible story, but a cute holiday themed read.
192 pages and
Courtney Hurley
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars. This was okay. Predictable, but still cute. I’m not crazy about kids in romances because they’re always overly precocious & annoying, and this one was no different. Don’t think I will continue with the series, but it was a nice quick read and overall, I was rooting for Tess & Noah. It’s so refreshing to read romance that’s not based on a dominant/submissive dynamic and doesn’t involve a hyper-aggressive alpha (which can be great, too, but gets old after a while).
Laura Cozicar
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cowboys Don’t Stay is Book #3 in the Tanner Brothers Series but it reads well as a stand alone. This is the story of Noah and Tess, a rodeo cowboy and the girl he left behind. The story is sweet and touching, of past regrets and second chances. Well written and captivating. May have to read the rest of the series.
Carol
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cowboys Don't Stay....

until they do. Noah met Tess in the hospital 8 years ago after he was injured in the rodeo. He runs into her again when injured in a car accident after the rodeo. The surprise of his life is just around the corner but what will be do when it comes time to leave again?!?!?
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Cowboys Don't Stay (Tanner Brother Book 3)

The love story of Tess and Noah. Right year ago Tess and Noah has a love affair and now their had a sever year old daughter, Susannah. Noah know nothing about her until he has an accident and need a place to stay. Can they renew they love? Great story.
Carolyn Schwab
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable series but it should have stopped at book 3 with the Tanner brothers. Instead, as is the case with some of these series, it extends beyond the original concept. I, therefore, stopped at this one when I reviewed the following books and realised that the author has strayed.
Patti Adams
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Middle of the road

This book had a good premise. However I felt the author told the entire story. I never felt the characters emotions. No build up or real angst, just boom It went from nothing to you are the one. Wholesome read overall but lacking in development in my opinion.
Linda Freeman
The cowboy grew up, started placing his priorities appropriately and found the key to happiness. The writing and characters were excellent. The reader developed feelings for these individuals and sincerely wanted them to succeed, develop trust and achieve their HEA.
Jan Locke
Answered prayers

This is the sweetest story of a little girl, Susannah, the consequence of an affair between her mom and a rodeo cowboy, that I've ever read. I haven't read the first two books in this series but I definitely will now!
Hanna
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Worth rereading

I realized on about page 6 that I had read this years ago. I read a lot, and it says a lot about the quality of the book that I recalled it. Interesting, well-rounded characters, and a plot that could have been trite but feels fresh made this a pleasure to reread.
Robin Hansen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prayers come true

Loved the story and loved the characters. So much heartbreak but so much love. Any man can get a woman with child, but only a brave man who never gives up can be a father. Thankfully Noah was persistent.
Black Butterfly
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
3 *stars REALLY
THIS COULD’A BEEN A HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIE. IT BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES OF MY DAD EATING MY FIRST ATTEMPS AT COOKING. HE’D GENTLY TELL ME HOW I COULD IMPROVE BUT HE ALWAYS ATE IIT WITH GUSTO. I TRULY CHARISH MY MEMORIES OF MY WONDERFUL DADDY. SIGH! ‘D
charmaine White
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Next Please

A heart warming,funny,lovely tear jerker.Keeps you guessing from start to the very end.This is one of those stories that you can't put down.
Kathryn Munsell
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed!

Noah and Tess’s story is very good. They have problems to solve. Tess questions if Noah can commit to staying. The interaction is believable and well written.
Margarette Dibble
5+ Star's

An old fashioned love story, I would recommend this book for mature adults that enjoy stories that are laugh out loud funny, steamy, and oh so romantic.
Ronie Johnson
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story

This novel had me in tears and was such a joy to read. Family, love and perseverance is just what's needed in this cowboy story.
Steve Bender
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really funny and touching story of a father discovering he's a father after 7 years. Good story and great dialogue. Higfhly recommended. Some sexual scenes.
Crystal Alexander-Bentley
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute heartwarming story. Love, laughter, and tears
Safety Lady
Loved this one

A sweet romance with love able characters. Great writing coupled with a good story made this so hard to put down. Nice cowboy romance. Happy reading.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

Just because he is the last to fall. Doesn't mean it's bad thing . Just that it took him longer to grow up. And slow down.
Linda
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cowboys Don’t Stay (#3)

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the story line was good. I couldn’t put this book down until I finished it.
Romance Book Budd...: Cowboys don't stay 21 10 Nov 26, 2019 08:55AM

• Wild for You (Riding Tall 2 Book 4)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers #2)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
  • Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • The Christmas Challenge (The Wilder Brothers #3)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Gamble (Destined for Love, #2)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • A Small Town Christmas (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #1)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • A Mistletoe Kiss
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
Anne McAllister has written nearly 70 romance novels for Tule Publishing and Harlequin Books.

She has won two RITA awards from the Romance Writers of America — for COWBOY PRIDE and THE STARDUST COWBOY — and has had nine other books which were RITA finalists.

Her books have also been finalists for the National Readers’ Choice Award. She was named Midwest Fiction Writers “Writer of the Year” and also

Code of the West (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Cowboys Don't Cry (Code of the West #1; Tanner Brothers #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Quit (Code of the West #2; Tanner Brothers #2)
  • The Cowboy and the Kid (Tanner Brothers #4; Code of the West #4)
  • Cowboy Pride (Code of the West #5)
  • A Cowboy's Tears (Code of the West #6)
  • The Cowboy Steals a Lady (Code of the West #7)
  • The Cowboy Crashes a Wedding (Code of the West #8)
  • The Stardust Cowboy (Code of the West #9)
  • Cowboy on the Run (World's Most Eligible Bachelors #12; Code of the West #10)
  • A Cowboy's Secret (Code of the West #11)