Start by marking “Smart As A Whip” as Want to Read:
Smart As A Whip

Smart As A Whip

Coming close to giving up on her cherished dream of following in her father's footsteps, Kimber Cassidy, a plus-size voluptuous beauty in her mid-twenties, jumps at the chance to clear the name of a family friend, Manny. There's been a murder at a local BDSM playspace and Manny's been framed for the crime. In order to keep an innocent man from spending his life in jail, Ki ...more
Published May 23rd 2016 by Blushing Books

To ask other readers questions about Smart As A Whip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart As A Whip

Becca
Jun 11, 2016 Becca rated it liked it
This book was a mix for me, so I think the easiest way to review it would be to list the things I liked, and those I didn't.

What I liked:

A cover that accurately reflected the woman described in the story. That is Kimber Cassidy, no doubt about it.

The spanking scenes were some of the best erotic spankings I've ever read, positively yummy.

Kimber was a well developed character, smart, confident, and determined.

What I didn't like so much:

For some reason I kept thinking of Nancy Drew as I read the st
The BookChick
Jan 10, 2017 The BookChick rated it did not like it
Note to self: Badly behaving author who enjoys publicly flaying other author. Full stop for me. Don't not purchase from or support.
Deneale Williams
Jul 17, 2016 Deneale Williams rated it it was amazing
First to be honest, I sought out Judith myself. I read her bio, and the details of this book. I told her what I do, and offered up my services to her. The reason? Because I liked that she wrote about a voluptuous plus sized woman, and wanted to make an amazing story for and about her. I also liked how she presented herself, and I thought my readers would enjoy the insight into her work as well.

The character that Judith writes about in “Smart As A Whip” is Kimber Cassidy, and she is the beautiful
Little Bee
Jul 06, 2016 Little Bee rated it really liked it
I was very excited to receive this book, I had been wanting to read it since shortly after it came out.

My overall opinion is that the book is original and can hold it's own in the genre. This is slated as an erotica with an overall story beyond straight sex. My qualm with this, I feel the rest of the story has more development and I find the sex scenes more lackluster. This story is a prime example. I felt the sex scenes could have been longer or at least in more detail. Or maybe I just wanted
Ana Rita
May 24, 2016 Ana Rita rated it really liked it
I can't think of a better way to start a book that with a hot and sexy scene. Judith you treat me good, lol.
“Smart as a Whip” is the second book from Judith Anderson that I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing.
Kimber is this badass girl who does what she wants when she wants and take from guys what she needs. She's a plus size girl and very proud of it. Her life was shaken after one close friend been accused of murder one man. She's her father's daughter so she needs to get involved in the
Kathy Heare Watts
THE SEXIEST THING A WOMAN CAN HAVE IS CONFIDENCE

I enjoyed this story that will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat as the murder mystery unfolds. I thought that Kimber was ingenious, she has a good head on her shoulder for solving puzzles, maybe crosses the line of legalities, and knows what she wants and is not afraid to pursue it. That goes both in and out of the bedroom. She has confident, intelligent, and definitely resourceful.

The plot twist as this who-dun-it mystery slowly unr
Erika Daman
May 25, 2016 Erika Daman rated it really liked it
This was a great romantic suspense. It kept you guessing through the end. The more Kimber investigates the murder at the club, the more questions and suspects she has. Then there is Jeremy, so much chemistry between him and Kimber. He helps her explore a side of herself that she is unsure of and it is hot. This starts with Kimber helping a family friend and ends with life altering news.
This book has so many twists and turns, you are surprised where you end up. This was a great read and was able
Rjr
May 24, 2016 Rjr rated it really liked it
05/24/2016 05:39pm
When a friend is accused of murder outside the local BDSM club, Kimber gets the chance to help her friend and pursue her dream job of being an investigator. Her father was a police detective and taught her well. It is fascinating to follow her journey through the investigation as the reader develops suspects along with Kimber. The book also follows a charming and sizzling new relationship with one of the club members. It is a fast paced, interesting read. That said, I wish the
Hope W
May 24, 2016 Hope W rated it really liked it
While this book was a little short and could have included more sex and spankings, I truly enjoyed reading this fast paced mystery. The plot was well thought out and kept me guessing as to who murdered Jim Trace. This page turner was hard to put down with the many twists, turns, and suspects. The characters could have been more complex but still fit with the plot and pace of the story. Overall I recommend this story and encourage others to read this book for a great mystery to keep you on the si ...more
Nardia Barnes
May 27, 2016 Nardia Barnes rated it it was amazing
A superhero in her own right, Kimber, a true beauty, inside and out, embarks on journey to hopefully right a terrible wrong and just maybe find her true calling in life.

What's there to say but I want to be just like Kimber, not just because she is smart and witty but the internal strength that she poseses. There were times of vulnerability, but she never let that hold her back.

This story was well written and that it held a true meaning to the suspense it held, I look forward to reading more of K
Amy  S
May 24, 2016 Amy S rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a thoughtful, kinky well-written story. The romance between Kimber and Jeremy is a wonderful example of a very realistic grown-up relationship – with ups and downs and quick to bed. The author wrote a group of wonderful supporting characters that provide Kimber with lots of suspects and ultimately help her solve this murder mystery. Even the murderer, when discovered, was very sympathetic. This is the first book that I read by the author and I would read another one.
Susan Landowski
Jun 06, 2016 Susan Landowski rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery Readers, Those like BDSM
Recommended to Susan by: BLUSHING BOOKS
This book was a little slow in the beginning but quickly picked up pace and held my attention with the sexual chemistry between the 2 main characters and the suspenseful, twisting and winding mystery. Extremely strong and confident in herself sexual ( several guys on hand including sex in opening sentence) BBW woman and a more dominant man , whom helps her explore the BDSM world, are the 2 characters driving this story with lots of supporting characters. This book has more suspense and sexual te ...more
Toni L
May 26, 2016 Toni L rated it really liked it
Overall the more I read of this book the more I enjoyed it, it took me most of the first half though. I have to admit that I found the habit of all the characters of constantly winking at each other off putting & slightly creepy. Can totally understand if that's just me though! Both characters are very strong & at times Kimber can close to overpowering Jeremy & I found it had to connect to them. Basically, I found it a pleasant read as a time filler.
Julie Clark
Never Give Up - The Truth is There

Trying to prove the innocence of the man she referred to as Uncle Manny Kimbra has her hands full. Uncle Manny the prime suspect did not kill the man though the police believe he did through the stacked evidence they found. Kimbra uncovers much more than she intended as she digs thru the victims past which connects to the future and his killer. It was an emotional ride with many twist & turns but a joyful read. Cannot wait to read your next book.
Leona Bowman
Jun 14, 2016 Leona Bowman rated it it was amazing
I loved the mystery, and how it unfolded, but Kimberly too be a little to cold, even when she was warming up. But the action and suspense was unbelievable. Like most readers, this is my first story wrote by  Judith Anderson. And I look forward to more great stories. I was given for a honest review.
Linda Rimer-Como
May 24, 2016 Linda Rimer-Como rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting story full of mystery, surprises and hot steamy sex. The characters are intense and have remarkable interactions throughout. Kimber and Jeremy have an instant attraction as the story line keeps you guessing, who done it, til the very end. This was the first book I have read by this author but it will definitely not be the last. Awesome read!
Laurel
May 24, 2016 Laurel rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this murder mystery which was an action packed story with some mild elements of BDSM, spanking and plenty of twists and turns to keep me turning pages as fast as I could in this Who Done It. The author explored the characters feeling and emotions and kept me guessing until the end. A very good read!
A.J. Storm
May 29, 2016 A.J. Storm rated it it was amazing
I loved Kimber. I found myself wanting to have the same personality and confidence she had. She's quite a woman.
This book was so much fun. The twists and surprises added more to it. I will just say I was delighted to discover the bad guy wasn't who I feared it was. A great, fun read.
Jaye Vasquez
Jaye Vasquez rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Elise Sodeman
Elise Sodeman rated it it was amazing
Stacy Mayfield
Stacy Mayfield rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Princess Jasmine
Princess Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Jennifer Vazquez Bennett
Jennifer Vazquez Bennett rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Candace
Candace rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Patty Devlin
Patty Devlin marked it as to-read
maureen
maureen marked it as to-read
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Maria "Rosie" Poli marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Pauletta Baker
Pauletta Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Lyss
Lyss marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Joanna
Joanna is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Krishna Thapa
Krishna Thapa marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Kimberley Jaksina
Kimberley Jaksina marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Ashley Scales
Ashley Scales is currently reading it
Jan 08, 2017