Start by marking “Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)

Burn

(Steel Brothers Saga #5)

Jonah Steel is knee deep into trying to solve the mystery surrounding his family and his brother's abduction, and the arrival of his best friend has complicated the situation...although not as much as his infatuation with his brother's therapist, Dr. Melanie Carmichael. The quiet humility of the blond beauty has him enthralled, and he burns for her as he never has for any ...more
Published February 14th 2017 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.
Luzmaria Morneault-welton There's some during the sex scenes but in my opinion it wasn't overdone or explicit. Mostly the names of body parts or the act of sex. Hope that makes…moreThere's some during the sex scenes but in my opinion it wasn't overdone or explicit. Mostly the names of body parts or the act of sex. Hope that makes sense and helps. (less)

Lissa
I don't have the time or energy to give this book the thorough raking-over-the-coals-how-does-anyone-like-this-absolute-SHIT review it deserves. Sadness. But, allow me to say, it's just as bad as all of the other books in this series.

A few notes I made in this WTF fest:

The "mystery" of Talon's kidnapping is getting beyond ridiculous by this point. It's clearly obvious that the author is attempting to milk this cash cow until it runs dry, and it's painful to read it. Every new "clue" in the myste
Dawn
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing !

I have to say these books are not for the faint hearted, I cried buckets !!

They will leave you with a serous book hangover, but that being said they are so well written & heart wrenching they make a incredible read. But I would say you have to read them in order or you will have no idea what's going on !

book 4 & 5 (and 6 I think) are Mellissa & joes story and your emotions are all the place they are so many twist & turns they make your head spin there are more new chara
Elle's Book Blog
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: February 14, 2017
Genre: Dark Romance

Burn is the 5th book in the Steel Brothers series and must be read in order of the series. Each of these books, this one included, falls within the dark and emotional romance subgenre as they deal with serious issues that could bother some readers (including rape). Reader discretion is advised.

As with the rest of the books in the series, this one is filled with twists and turns. Answers to questions that readers may have about previous books
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
First I found myself LMAO on page 190 to 191. Poor Melanie can never be outside in the pool without getting interrupted. Second Hail Mrs. Hardt my lord can write a damn cliffhanger so well. She leaves you so intrigued that you want to cry until you get the next book. Third my book club will tell me Jonah was better than Talon. The last book I was like wth are they talking about. Now I'm like damn Jonah and the collar. Now I'm wondering what kind of freak is Ryan. Do we have to really pick betwee ...more
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: team-spades
OMG!!!!! I am left speechless on this one. I totally enjoyed this book. the characters a re made for each other. After Melanie 's kidnapping and her not being able to get anyone on the phone I really thought she was a goner, but to my surprise she used her head to get out of the situation with one focus, to tell Jonah she loves him. My girl waited patiently and did escape. 10 points for survival skills.

Jonah wow that man is oh gorgeous. Very Dominant but when he heard from Melanie he dropped eve
Angel Payne
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, full disclaimer. The first 3 books of the Steel Saga had me in such an emotional mess, in all the best ways, that I was seriously wondering how books 4, 5, and 6 would top the experience. All of these books are slow-burn stories, much in the style of a Gabaldon or Deveraux (though a lot steamier, thank God!), that build you up to the "OMG" moments with such strategic storytelling, you're left gasping from them--then dying because the climax was that damn good. Book 5, "Burn" doesn't disapp ...more
Karen Harper
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought I might be a bit lost when Burn was released because it was a while since I read book #4, but I was wrong. It wasn’t long before my memories of events and the characters came flooding back, proving that the Steel Brothers are memorable.
While I was reading Burn, I found it very hard to put it down. People and things kept interrupting me as I tried to find out what happens next in this series. Yes, I loved this book just as much as I loved the first four books and even though I want all
Michelle Eriksen
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joe and Melanie's story continues. I just can't seem to put these books down :)
Shala
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a series that may be very triggering to readers. There will be a complete trigger list at the end of this review.

Jonah carries a lot of guilt from what happened to his younger brother Talon when they were children. He feels responsible, and can't seem to forgive himself.

Are his interactions with therapist Melanie Carmichael help him heal? Or is he now love blind, and unable to help Talon catch the culprits?

This book handles a lot of the triggers well, while also triggering others, so t
Dee
There's no doubt about it - I'm definitely hooked and extremely frustrated that it ended on such a cliffhanger! They've all ended on a cliffhanger but this has to be the hardest as know I gotta wait nearly 3 weeks before the next part of the serial is published :((

In each of the books some questions have been answered but they then raise even more questions and I don't think we will get to the bottom of it all until the end of Ryan's story. The next story will hopefully resolve Melanie & Jon
Christina Mages
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liz Lawson
The saga is intense.

So far, every door we had opened had led to more doors. Answers had only posed more questions. We seemed further away from the truth now than we had been when we’d started this journey.

Lots of twists and turns. Jonah and Melanie have insecurities which are driving me nuts; repetitive references to theirs and other characters insecurities are frustrating, hence I’m speed reading/skipping parts of the story.
However, apart from the repetition I still recommend this saga.
Mick Grimble
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is twisted but good reading
Louise
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Nope, still not finished!
And still with the bombshell/cliffhanger endings..not really a surprise any more. How about just finishing it all ready!
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Man, oh man, Helen Hardt's talent astounds me!!! The way she can give us just enough pieces of a crazy puzzle and keep it all straight is amazing. The amount of talent that she has to possess in order to write such an amazing series floors me. I usually get lost and confused or bored when a series continues on over so many books absolutely blows my mind!!! I am hooked, addicted and completely head over heels in love with this series and Helen Hardt's writing. Its been a long time since I've been ...more
Danielle
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Tamara Drummond
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I have to say I'm not a big fan of cliffhangers. When I first read the first book was like OMG finally something good. However as the books go on and I mean dragging on this could have been one book. Not a fan of the couple just don't feel the connection between the two. Still love ya Helen....but can we wrap it up soon.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!!

Burn is book five in the Steel Brother Saga. It can not be read as a standalone, you must read the previous ones before you read this one. I'm loving the Steel Brother Saga. It slowly builds. In each book we get more pieces of the puzzle but then other things are added to the mystery too. Usually in a story I get bored and antsy if I don't get all the pieces pretty early in the story but in this story it doesn't bother me not to know everything up front. With this one the little pi
Melinda Reed
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Couldn't put it down.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic installment in the Steel Brothers Saga.
While I'm getting tired of long multiple book series, I love the writing, the characters are so well developed, I'm hooked!
Book 5 picks up right where Book 4 ends. The story of Jonah and Melanie continues but their hot steamy romance is clouded by unexpected twists and turns as well as dark moments.
Even though there is a cliffhanger, secrets are beginning to be revealed so please hurry book 6!
Brittney
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
Burn is book 5 in the Steel Brothers Series. It picks right up where book 4 left off. i am not going to lie, in the beginning I was a little bored. Until I got half way thru the book and couldnt stop. More page turning drama unveiling more clues to what happen to Talon.
and Holy Cliff hanger! I wish I could read them back to back. Now wishing for May to come sooner!!!
K.
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**READER ARC COPY PROVIDED**
I was one of the lucky ones to receive an ARC copy of this one. I couldn't put it down! This was actually my first time reading Helen, but I had no trouble following the STEELE brothers saga.
Melanie went through a lot in the book. And it seems it will continue onto the next one. Poor Jonah. He's gotta stop carrying his guilt around. It will eat him alive. Poor Bryce doesn't want to believe anything.
All in all this was a really enjoyable read. Even if it was my firs
Lisa
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shocking

Ah, more of the story unravels. And all I can do is consume this series nonstop until I have answers. Burn was another book centered around Jonah and Melanie. Some of the stuff these two do together is seriously hot. There were some shocking moments, and as I know that there are two more after this and it STILL isn't over, it's feeling a bit like the never ending story. But I'm all in now. I can't stop this train. The ending to this one is a surprising puzzle piece. I'm ready for more.
Kerri Chiaramonte
Long & tedious!
This could have & should have ended with the last book. Story is waaaaay too drawn out. It is repetitive. I did a lot of skimming. At $8.00 a book I really expect to be glued to the pages, but that definitely is not the case. If Helen needs money that bad, she should just set up a Go Fund Me page. She's not doing her reputation as an author any good at all. The theory behind the story is good, but it should have been over 2 books ago!
Ms Toyin
Dec 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow, I really tried but just couldn't anymore. It took me 2 weeks to read books 4 & 5 (didn't finish 5)
and it was just so dreadful. Sorry. Helen you've written so much better than this, what happened?
I won't be completing this series.
Michelle Austin
description

Burn was a great 5 star read.

This is the fifth book in the Steel Brothers series.
We continue with Jonah and Melanie’s relationship among other things.

After a steamy night with Jonah, Melanie sneaks out and goes home. Shortly after getting home she is kidnapped. This is where she had a lot of strength and realized that she loved Jonah and hoped she would be able to tell him. She eventually get’s away and goes for help.

Jonah was hurt when he woke up and fi
Leah
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series gets better and better with each book. Helen Hardt is a masterful story teller who has the ability to weave sexy, romantic scenes into an amazing story that always keeps you guessing.
In this fifth installment of the Steel Brothers series we delve more into Melanie and Jonah’s relationship. When we last left Melanie she was fighting for her life in a garage with a running car. She had been abducted by a masked man and he had locked her in a garage trying to kill her by carbon monoxide
Debora Jiles
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book continued with Melanie being held by the man that took her from her apartment. He told her he was fixin to take her out of the room that she was in. But he took her to the garage to kill her. He had an old car there that he locked and left running. Melanie manage to get out after struggling to find something to cut the duck tape off her arms that was bind behind her back, and the rope that was tied around her legs. She took the car and ram the door with to get out. She went a few miles ...more
Cindy M. Green
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Burn is Book #5 in The Steel Brothers Saga. I would recommend reading the books in order; Craving, Obsession, Possession, Melt and then Burn. The first three books in the series follow Jade and Talon, while Melt starts the relationship between Jonah, the oldest brother, and Melanie who is Jonah and Talon's Therapist. Burn continues with Jonah and Melanie's story.

Melanie and Jonah continue to feel drawn to one another, spending more time together at his house. Melanie finds herself in an embarra
Halley
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I had taken a few day vacation so I didnt keep up with reading but i could have easily finished it in a day if given the time. I loved this book. So many intricate details just kept comming up and eventually the truth came out and of course no one can handle the truth. I wasnt a huge fan of leaving talon and jades story behind but I do like the new elements that melanies character brings. Jonah is very stubborn and hard headed and he needs to learn how to control his outbursts. The sex scenes we ...more

• Burning For Her Kiss (Serpent's Kiss, #1)
  • She's My Kind of Girl (Something New #4.5)
  • Sacred Serenity (Lotus House #2)
  • Black Forever (Obsidian, #4)
  • After Burn (Lost Kings MC, #10)
  • Expose (Crash, #3)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Handcuffed by Her Hero (The W.I.L.D. Boys Of Special Forces, #2)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Into the Fire (Bridge, #2)
  • Addictive (Deadly Love, #2)
  • Buttons and Shame (Buttons #4)
  • Room for Love
  • Mercy: Goodbye Sanity (Mercy, Bound, Released #1-3)
#1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author Helen Hardt's passion for the written word began with the books her mother read to her at bedtime. She wrote her first story at age six and hasn’t stopped since. In addition to being an award winning author of contemporary and historical romance and erotica, she’s a mother, an attorney, a black belt in Taekwondo, a gram ...more

Steel Brothers Saga (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Craving (Steel Brothers Saga, #1)
  • Obsession (Steel Brothers Saga, #2)
  • Possession (Steel Brothers Saga #3)
  • Melt (Steel Brothers Saga, #4)
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
  • Shattered (Steel Brothers Saga, #7)
  • Twisted (Steel Brothers Saga, #8)
  • Unraveled (Steel Brothers Saga, #9)
  • Breathless (Steel Brothers Saga, #10)
  • Ravenous (Steel Brothers Saga Book 11)