Start by marking “The Lost Knight (Lost Knight, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Knight (Lost Knight, #1)

The Lost Knight

(Lost Knight #1)

#2 on GoodReads Middle Grade Novels of 2016

How am I supposed to save the world when I'm not strong, not brave, not smart, and not particularly good at most things? I ran away from home the day after my thirteenth birthday when Auntie and her weird friend attacked me. Now I'm on the run with the Grim Reaper and a scary soldier. And I'm no longer on Earth. They were expectin
Published May 20th 2016 by Monster Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Knight, please sign up.
Candy Atkins I am so happy that you're enjoying my books! I am putting the finishing touches on book two - The Lost Girl - as I type. We're aiming for a November…moreI am so happy that you're enjoying my books! I am putting the finishing touches on book two - The Lost Girl - as I type. We're aiming for a November release, and will keep everyone updated through the blog and on my social sites. Thank you for asking! (less)

Olivia
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of fantasy & NO romance
Blog review.
5 reasons to read it video: https://youtu.be/D1D4TsGHI8E

A surprisingly enjoyable read. *claps*

There's an alternate Earth called Ashra, where all the monsters - called curra - live. In old times, there were portals that allowed humans to visit Ashra and curra to visit Earth, but now the portals have closed and humans have spun the legacies of their former friends into the tales we know today. The antagonist wants to find the key that will reopen the portals so he can dominate both wor
Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Knight by Candy Atkins is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. I found this teen fantasy book a truly fun delight! Pre-teens and teens will love this! Who wouldn't want to read about a down-and-out girl, trapped virtually by foster parents, then suddenly whisked away to a new world! A world where fantasy animals are real! The stitching on your dress moves! Bird paintings on the wall can really fly! Satyrs, unicorns, and other strange creatures are real.( Even half snake peopl ...more
Dianne

What were you like at thirteen? Agatha was a loner, she never knew the warmth of her parents’ arms. She lives with two distant, cold and emotionally abusive guardians. Sher escape was her tiny bedroom and her painting that would take her away from the life she knew as a misfit, even at school. Let’s not forget that stupid birthday tradition her “Aunt” has of making look at a marble and tell her what she sees. Hey, the woman is whacko.

When Agatha awoke in the middle of the night with the Grim Re
Connor
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Non-spoiler video review:
Davor Vukovic
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Knight is thrilling story, the first in the Lost series. I really enjoyed reading it, can't wait for the next book, to join Agatha Stone in her new adventures in magical land of Ashra.
It is light but intense and filled-with-action read, very suitable for readers of any age.
It introduced me to a whole new kind of magical creatures : a guardian Grim Reaper, an attacking Pegasus Lenox that is not a kind of a flying horse you imagine when you hear word "Pegasus", a singing and talking tre
Elizabeth Nash
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the time I picked The Lost Knight up, I could not put it down! I love the description Candy gives, you can close your eyes and join her world! Also this book is perfect for YA readers, there isn't a love interest or curses just a GREAT story! I can't wait to see what's next!
Hannah
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, fantasy
I received a NetGalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the way that the author portrayed 'Mirror Worlds'. There is a magical equivalent of New York's Manhattan, called Manahata. While in Manahata, one could see the shadow of Manhattan. You could see the shape of buildings of New York, but they were insubstantial and you could walk through them.

The author populated her fantasy world with some of the usual fantasy species, such as fairies and elves, but inserted some creatures of h
Gordon Long
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novel is a rather special take on a standard, "Teenager Who Finds Out Why She's an Outsider" plotline. Special in that, in spite of the fact that this is Fantasy, the main character is very realistic. I mean, think about it. The kind of character who is usually the hero of this sort of story is a loser, a loner and basically antisocial. Which I Agatha is, in spades. To expect this sort of person to turn around and become a hero overnight is the greatest suspension of disbelief asked of any ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

What a feast of a book! I felt physically ill when I turned the page and realised that I had reached the end of the book.

Agatha Stone is 13 and lives with her foster parents, Aunty and Uncle. The day after her 13th birthday she realises that her life as she knew it had come to an abrupt end.

A Grand Wizard tries to intimidate her, Aunty was her prison guard, she meets Jonah, a Knight Krawler who resembles The Grim Reaper from popular literature. He saves her from the Gr
Preeti
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
MY TAKE ON T L K:

My hands were hovering for past twenty minutes, over the keyboard… Why? As I wasn’t able to formulate my thoughts into words. After reading the book, there are so many thoughts whirling in my brain, simultaneously, that it is becoming difficult to hold onto one. But as I write, the clarity seeps in. One thought surpasses every other thought-

Reading this book made me feel like a teenager once again; it made me feel so young and alive.

General Overview:

A coming of age story with as
JD Estrada
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although I adore fantasy, I also love reading something fresh and new and in that sense, Candy Atkins has deliver something wonderfully fresh in the Lost Knight. This tale may start off like your typical YA venture with a young protagonist living in unenviable conditions, but what feels familiar is quickly dissolved when Agatha sees something in an orb… what was it? She can’t tell but she knows her aunt and a visitor show great interest in this. And that’s when a specter shows up to take Agatha ...more
Veilsnekmna
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My sister kept talking about how much she loved The Lost Knight series and insisted I read it. I'm glad she did because I really liked it too. Agatha is real. She's not a superhero. She's just an average girl from Queens, who's overwhelmed and scared.
The world building is expertly done. I have a vivid image of Ashra and its creatures but I never once read paragraphs of description. My favorite characters are the trees, followed closely by the pegasus named Lenox.
Some parts of the novel remind
Scott Carlow
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A lot of other people already left really detailed reviews, so I'll just list the reasons why I like it:

-Atypical heroine; I love that Agatha isn't the hero anyone wanted, but she is still the hero they need. She herself doesn't think she is worthy of the "hero" title, and the inner conflict that creates is refreshing.

-Beautiful scenery; The picture the Author paints of the world, from the colors to the natural phenomena of the world, is vivid and captivating. This is probably what I loved most
Carol Pennington
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a young adult fantasy that is full of humor. The main character is a 13 year old girl and the author nails it! The character’s thoughts and actions are just what you would expect from a 13 year old girl. Agatha lost her parents at a young age. She was raised by what she thought was an aunt and uncle. She wondered why they never showed her any love. Then shortly after her 13th birthday she was abducted by a Knight Crawler that looked like the Grim Reaper. Then the adventure begins. This i ...more
Deborah Harnden
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible journey into an exciting new world. Excellent character depiction, plot lines that encourage you to enter this new arena with the heroine, and plenty of excitement. Teenagers will love this book and want to read the entire series. I loved it and can't wait for the next one to be published.
Felicia [Felicia's Ink(t)]
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, 4-5-star, arcs
4,5 stars, Review coming soon!!
Raymond Mathiesen
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Knight (Lost Knight, #1) by Candy Atkins

The Lost Knight

The adventure of turning 13…

What if there was a doorway to another parallel world? What if that world was filled with tree dwelling fairies, castle dwelling elves, pegasus' and unicorns, and other strange creatures? What if magic was true? If you are intrigued by these questions this book is for you.

Agatha lives with faster parents in New York. She doesn't have much of anything and isn't exactly a social success. Nothing much of anything has happened in her quiet life. On her thi
Erin
"I'm not scared. And because I'm not scared, I'm worried. I'm not a brave person. This monster should be terrifying me out of my mind, but instead, I'm overcome with relief."

Agatha is a 13 year old who comes from a very unloving home where she lives with her Aunt and Uncle. This all changes when Jonah shows up in her life and things start to go absolutely crazy. Not only does she find out who she really is, she also finds out that she is far more important then she ever thought she would be.

"Fin
Lauren
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
Note: I received a review copy of this book via Xpresso Book Tours in return for an honest review. This in no way influences my opinion.

I’ve read some pretty positive reviews about this book – so when I saw that it was up for review on Xpresso, I had to grab a copy and give it a try. This book was definitely used to set up the series in terms of the characters, the settings etc. but I loved it! It was all so real and our MC has already come a long way from who she was at the beginning!

Our MC has
Eugene Knight
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA
Recommended to Eugene by: found it on my own
I really enjoyed The Lost Knight. I’m glad I stopped where I did before going on. I paused around page ninety because how busy I wsd, and it was at a good spot right before Agatha went to the other world. After I went back reading the book I flew through the rest of it. There is always one aspect I enjoy when I read any book not just fantasy, I get a glimpse of someone's imagination. Not necessarily how they perceive the world but the world they create and can enjoy. I love the world Candy creat ...more
Adan Ramie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! Which is saying something, since this one had a cliffhanger ending. At first, this reminded me a lot of Harry Potter. Then it was more like The Labyrinth. But by halfway in, it was its own creation, and an astonishingly good one. I love Agatha, Jonah, and Dathid. I love the world in which they're traveling. And I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Jumman Khan
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I was given an ARC of this novel in return for an honest review.

I read The Lost Knight and immediately read The Lost Girl. I wish The Lost World was out already because these books are meant to be devoured.

Agatha Stone is a 13-year-old girl with a rough past who must leave the planet and save the world. She has no special skills nor does she get any.

Her only skill is reading a map that will lead to the key that will open the portals between Earth and Ashra.

Her abusive past ma
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can walk on the ocean, interact with Pegasus, Unicorns, Faeries, and Elves, or have Disney like adventures. Candy Atkins provides everything in this book except thankfully another yet overused romance plot. It’s about time a YA author managed to write a beautifully enchanting adventure without requiring her female character to meet, fall in love and need a man.

Even though this is a fantasy, Atkins manages to write so realistically you almost believe this world and these people she has creat
Book Lover
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Knight is a trendsetter in YA Fantasy/Fiction. The hero Agatha is not typical at all. She is chosen to save both Earth and Ashra but does not believe she is up to the task. She often only goes along with her friends Jonah and Dathid on the journey through because her life on Earth was so cruddy.

The world building is amazing and the main characters actually have a genuine human relationship that does not involve any romance or sexual tension. A real bonus in a YA novel!

A page turning rea
Karen Thompson
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book that is filled with creativity and imagination. I absolutely loved it! The main character, Agatha, is a 13 year old that finds she is the long awaited ‘Knight’. She is introduced to a new world, where she is expected to find the ‘key’ and destroy it before it can be used by those wanting to do harm. She must learn not only about the peoples, places and customs in this new world, but also herself. I won this book on Goodreads.
Epiphany
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: candy-atkins
This book is a well written book with a 13 year old heroine that is on a mystical and magical adventure. She meets many magical creatures and visits places that fairy tales could have come from. I recommend this book for all ages, it just might bring back your vivid imagination from you youth. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Jo Penn
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been wanting to read this book, The Lost Knight, and a few others but had not as yet had the opportunity. I'm glad I took the time as wow, what a vivid story! The characters were intriguing, there was angst and wonder, adventure and heart. I very much enjoyed this!
Megan Miller
Jan 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
Fantastic the heroine made me laugh out loud through the entire book. The plot was a fantasy yet believable. The characters were all well developed and made you feel what they were feeling/thinking. I would definitely recommend this book to other fantasy fans.
Savannah Jackowski
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book and am so excited for the rest of the series to come out , for my full review check out the video at https://youtu.be/vks6k0W_lco
Yana
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, fantasy
I received a free ebook review copy of this book but was under no obligation to post a positive review
The Lost Knight is the first book in a 6 books series that follows 13-year-old Agatha Stone.
When we meet Agatha she lives with her foster parents in a very crowded and small New York apartment. Agatha likes to paint- her only joy and outlet in a very sheltered and neglected life. She also likes to listen to the beautiful songs and melodies she hears around her, which it seems only she is able to
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Lying Planet
  • Undressed (The Men of West Beach, #1)
  • Swing Vote (Safe Harbors, #3)
  • Love's Journey Home (Lincoln Love Stories #2)
  • OMG… I Did It Again?!
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • For the Love of Laura Beth
  • The Songs That Brought Me Back (The Songs #2)
  • Karmack
  • An Informal Date (Informal Romance #4)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book One
  • Bronze (The Glister Journals, Book One)
  • The Night Human Hunter (Hunter Trilogy #1)
  • Snow and Mistletoe Box Set
  • Perfectly You (Perfect #2)
  • Next Door to a Star
  • The Billionaire's Stray Heart (Burke Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Sweet Illusions (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #4)
Candy Atkins is a full-time writer who lives with her husband and two kids in Orlando, Florida. She's an avid reader and lover of all things fantasy and sci-fi. Her debut novel, The Lost Knight, is volume one of the six-part Lost Knight Series.

Her life's journey has taken her from dining with the President to being on food stamps to running her own company. And since all author bios end by namin

Lost Knight (2 books)
  • The Lost Girl (Lost Knight, #2)