Start by marking “A Note Yet Unsung (Belmont Mansion, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Note Yet Unsung (Belmont Mansion, #3)

A Note Yet Unsung

(Belmont Mansion #3)

A master violinist trained in Vienna, Rebekah Carrington manages to wheedle her way into an audition with the maestro at the newly formed Nashville Philharmonic. But women are "far too fragile and frail" for the rigors of an orchestra, and Rebekah's hopes are swiftly dashed because the conductor—determined to leave his mark on the world of classical music—bows to public op ...more
Published January 31st 2017 by Bethany House Publishers/Baker Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about A Note Yet Unsung, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Note Yet Unsung

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

Most readers tend to get into a loop; they know what genres they typically like, and what genres they typically don't like, and then they go out and pursue books that are in the category of the former, while actively (or subconsciously) avoiding the latter. Even though I'm a late starter to the romance genre,
Sometimes, the most enjoyed and appreciated books are the hardest ones to write a review for. Its kind of like viewing a spectacular mountain range, and you take a picture of its awesomeness, yet the picture just doesn't capture the authentic beauty of it. In a similar essence, I lack the ability to fully describe the beauty of Tamera's books when I finish one of her novels. A Note Yet Unsung was written with heart. It caused my emotions to soar with the musical quality of writing. I wish I coul ...more
m a r y l i z
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-Read Feb/March 2019:

I lovelovelove this book, but unfortunately, it took me over a month to read it and I wasn't in the mood. *sighs* I hate when I don't feel like reading books I love.

Still, this is one of my favorites and I will hopefully be more in the mood next time! Highly recommend you read my previous reviews for my "actual opinion." ;)

Re-Read March 2018 //

Can I just say . . . this book was even better the second time?

I love this book. SO FREAKING MUCH. The world and the characters com
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
There's a unique quality to Tamera Alexander's storytelling that stays with me after I finish her books. The narrative is not fast-paced, but the descriptions steadily develop the setting and characters until I feel immersed. The world of music and composing in the 1800's was fascinating and I loved the historical details that brought the story to life. Rebekah and Nate have an interesting dynamic, although I didn't quite feel the chemistry between them. They are both strong personalities that d ...more
Robin Hatcher
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novel on so very many levels. The love story flowed so easily and naturally from sparks of dislike into sparks of love. There were beautiful lessons to be learned within these pages too. Highly recommended.
Staci
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
A lovely conclusion to the Belmont Masion Series. I love how the author used three of Adelicia Acklen's favorite things: art, nature and music as the motivation behind each book in the series.

In 1871 Nashville it wasn't acceptable for a female to be part of a symphony. And yet, this is exactly the heart's desire of Rebekah Carrington. Initially, the local symphony's maestro, Tate Whitcomb is not kind to her or the idea of a female musician on stage.

Both Rebekah and Tate have difficult circumstan
Beth Erin
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://wp.me/p7ngfE-z2

Music lover or not, A Note Unsung will capture your heart, reader friends because the story is about much more than the wonderful music! Reconstruction Era Nashville, as well as the struggles and triumphs of her residents, is brought to life once again by talented storyteller and bonafide southern belle, Tamera Alexander. The tenacious dreams and complex lives of the main characters will keep readers riveted to the pages.

I requested the opp
Julia
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Note Yet Unsung by Tamera Alexander is a wonderful Christian historical romance. It is the final book in the Belmont Mansion series but can be read as a stand-alone.
Once again Tamera Alexander has woven fact and fiction to produce a first class story. The world is changing. Women are no longer content to sit demurely in the background. The novel features strong modern women who know what they want and set out to achieve their goals. They are also kind women who give others chances and notice t
Pamela
Music * Culture * Romance * Southern Charm and Grace *

Everything that makes for a transporting historical/romantic work of morally astute fiction come alive with the sheer joy of reading it. I'm fairly certain fans of Romance and button-tidy-endings will graciously award this beautifully crafted story five stars.

As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed the historical, musical, and cultural elements. It's important to celebrate the pioneering woman spirit and the sisterhood of accomplishments into fields
Emily
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
After living in Austria for several years, Rebekah Carrington returns home to Nashville. Desperate to find somewhere to live other than her family home, she auditions for the Nashville Philharmonic Symphony, only to be turned down because of her gender. So Rebekah takes the next best job she can find—tutoring the daughter of Adelicia Acklen, owner of the Bellmont Mansion and one of the symphony’s most influential supporters. But how will Rebekah achieve her dreams of playing professionally when ...more
Tamera Alexander
Oct 09, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
From the beloved USA Today bestselling author of Rekindled, To Whisper Her Name, and A Lasting Impression comes the final novel in the sweeping Southern Belmont Mansion series.

A master violinist trained in Vienna, Rebekah Carrington manages to wheedle her way into an audition with the maestro at the newly-formed Nashville Philharmonic. But women are "far too fragile and frail" for rigors of an orchestra, and Rebekah's hopes are swiftly dashed because the conductor—determined to leave his mark on
Cara Putman
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tamera writes amazing southern fiction set in Nashville in the Reconstruction years. In A Note Yet Unsung, Rebekah is a professional violinist in an era that doesn't allow women to do such scandalous things like perform with an orchestra. She's a woman who doesn't fit and can't got home. But she can't leave either. This book will suck you into the time period, the setting, and a story that won't let go. This book has a depth to the challenges facing the characters that adds such richness to the ...more
Loraine
Despite her training as a master violinist, Rebekah Carrington was denied entry into the Nashville Philharmonic by young conductor Nathaniel Whitcomb, who bowed to public opinion. Now, with a reluctant muse and a recurring pain in his head, he needs her help to finish his symphony. But how can he win back her trust when he's robbed her of her dream?

This was my absolute favorite in the 3 book Belmont Mansion series, and had such a wow factor that it made my 2017 favorites list. The combination of
Alexis Tucker
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are so many ways that I could go with this review, but I'm just going to be completely up front and honest. I cried with this book. You made me cry, Tamera Alexander. It was so breathtaking. The rhythm of it all flowed together to produce a beautiful, symphonic harmony.
Every book I've ever read by Tamera Alexander has held me completely spellbound; A Note Yet Unsung was no different.
Rebekah Carrington was sent abroad at a very tender age. Her grandmother sent her away so that she could es
Tricia Mingerink
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
The writing of this book is absolutely gorgeous. I feel as if I've listened to the symphonies described even though I was listening to words instead of music.

At first, I didn't think I was going to like the main guy Tate. He can be harsh, mean, prideful, oblivious, and did I mention arrogant? Yet the author still managed to write him in a way that I was hoping he'd wake up and change, which he does in a very slow but adorable way until I couldn't help but be totally won over by him in the end (
Cassie
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book and a lovely ending to the series. I've loved every book in the Belmont series.
Amy
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grr!!!! This book was SOOOOO close to being an amazing, 5-star read!!! I was completely swept away until the final chapters, when the sumptuous storytelling I'd been blissfully lost in for hours suddenly leapt forward at a frantic gallop to bring the book -- and the series -- to a close... with half the plot too rushed, and the other half left too vague. I wanted to see more! I needed just a few more answers! I also found the character of Billy rather pointless, but then I also did not read the ...more
Taylor Bennett
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing, heartachingly beautiful tale rich with whimsy and romance. Two gifted musicians who are facing some of life's greatest struggles come together and find love in a most unexpected way...a must-read!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 stars***

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful story. This book has cemented Tamera Alexander as one of my favorite authors.

One thing that I love about historical fiction is when I learn something interesting. I did not know that at one time women were not encouraged to play the violin. It was considered a manly instrument and men were allowed to perform on stage. Really? Wow! I am so grateful for the women who paved the way for me to have had the experience of playing the violin on stage in an
Carrie Turansky
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audio version of this story, and I can see why A Note Yet Unsung won a Christy Award! Step back in time to Nashville in the mid 1800's and into the world of music. I was captivated by the characters and plot. Well done!
Chesney
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
First off, this will definitely be in my library of paperbacks. I love Tamera Alexander's novels. They keep you engaged and connected with the characters. This is the third installment of the Belmont Mansion series, although they are all stand alone. I love the banter between Rebekah and Tate! They argue and get each other! One of my favorite scenes:
Tate took her in his arms and kissed her, his lips gentle at first. Then slowly, deliberately, as he wove his hands into her hair, his kiss grew mor
Karen Barnett
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
Oh, my word! People have been telling me to read Tamera Alexander's books for years, but this is my first one. Now I'm going to have to go back and get the rest of her titles. She's THAT good. I was sucked in by this story from the first page and it didn't let go until the end. Actually, I'm not sure it even let go then because I'm still thinking about it. A keeper!
Joleen

Adelicia Cheatham, Wealthy patron of the arts, Rebekah’s employer
Nathaniel Tate Whitcomb, Nashville Philharmonic maestro
Barton Ledbetter, Rebecca’s evil step-father
Delphia, Ledbetter housekeeper, sister to Demetrius
Demetrius, ex-slave, inspired and taught Rebecca on the violin

Sigh.

I've read a lot of really good books over the last couple months, but this one was amazing.

This is the last of
Kav
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunningly beautiful. Alexander's words washed over me and soaked into the very fiber of my being. This story is illusive and magical and all-consuming. I couldn't stop reading but I wanted to put on the brakes because I dreaded it being over too soon.

Rich in character and setting and delicious details that make the plot zing. I loved it all -- Tate's family, Rebekah's connection with her grandmother, her villainous step-father and ineffectual mother. Sweet Opal and repugnant Darrow Fulton. The
steph
This one is probably my favorite in this "series" (I say series because the books are loosely connected with some of the same characters, but really they are standalones). I really, really liked the main character Rebekah and the way music was handled in this book - from the symphony orchestra, to the old fashioned hymms to the late night playing to get others to sleep was just beautiful. I do not play music but am a fan of it and the way it enhanced and enriched the story was well done. I also ...more
Rachael
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
If the author doesn't know much about music, you wouldn't know it to read this book. It's a tribute to both the masters--such as Beethoven and Mozart--and to early American music, particularly hymns and spirituals. Tate reminds me of famous American composers Aaron Copeland and the Gershwin brothers, who mixed elements of both kinds of music in their masterpieces.

I enjoyed meeting Tate's family; they add an unexpected dimension to Tate's character. However, I do wish Rebekah's family situation h
Amariah Dixon
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars.

It took me a while to finish this book, but it was worth it! The ending had me tearing up. It—the ending—wasn’t terribly satisfactory for me once I realized what had happened, but it’s still a good story. The characters are real and you can easily feel the struggles they go through, and the joys they encountered.

I absolutely despised Rebekah’s stepfather (I mean, who wouldn’t?) but the end result was justified. Tate’s situation was confusing and he got on my nerves at first, but onc
(Liene)
A beautiful story! Every time I had to put it down, I was eager to pick it back up! Another great book by Tamera Alexander, proving why she is on my list of top authors :)
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book that just defies your ability to craft a review worthy of it. A Note Yet Unsung was such a book. I've read and own every single one of Tamera Alexander's books and this is her absolute best work ever! Powerful story and writing that totally blew me away. I wept through part of this book and at the end, I was crying full out loud. What a ministry to be able to put words on paper like Alexander does and touch the deepest parts of the reader's heart.

Words flow from Tamera
Emily
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/26--Full review!
First. Of. All. Let me just say that I truly appreciate Tamera Alexander's attention to detail. Her rich setting and "little things" that her character do make her books so easy to just completely entrench oneself into the story. You're just THERE.

*Ahem* Going on. These characters, y'all. They will worm their way into your heart. To be perfectly honest, I actually didn't care for Rebekah too much at first. She seemed a little too egotistical, a trait that I have mentioned in re
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Jun 11, 2016 09:19AM
  • From This Moment  (From This Moment, #1)
  • Surprised by Love (The Heart of San Francisco, #3)
  • Fair Play (It Happened at the Fair, #2)
  • An Uncommon Courtship (Hawthorne House, #3)
  • Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope, #2)
  • The Captive Heart
  • Love's Awakening (The Ballantyne Legacy, #2)
  • The Mark of the King
  • Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3)
  • The Marshal's Ready-Made Family (Prairie Courtships, #2)
  • Flirtation Walk
  • The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn
  • The Treasure of the Celtic Triangle (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #2)
  • The Potter's Lady (Refined by Love, #2)
Tamera Alexander is a USA Today bestselling author and one of today's most popular writers in the inspirational historical fiction genre. She and her husband live in Nashville, Tennessee, not far from the Southern mansions that serve as the backdrop for six of her award-winning novels.

Belmont Mansion (3 books)
  • A Lasting Impression (Belmont Mansion, #1)
  • A Beauty So Rare (Belmont Mansion, #2)