Start by marking “The Deep End (Honey, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Deep End (Honey, #1)

The Deep End

(Honey #1)

Enter a decadent sensual world where gorgeous alpha males are pleasure slaves committed to fulfilling a woman's every desire. At the elite Honey club, no boundary will be left untested, and one's darkest desires will become a sensual reality.

Published March 7th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about The Deep End, please sign up.
Yineth I am kind off feeling the same way about this book as you. I think I will read it just because its KA but not really because I cant wait for it.
She…more
She posts the dates of her releases on her website.
(less)
Em I completely agree with you, Jennie. I mean I understand if this type of book is not your cup of tea, but if that's the case then just don't read it.…moreI completely agree with you, Jennie. I mean I understand if this type of book is not your cup of tea, but if that's the case then just don't read it. Kristen Ashley is one of my all time favorite authors and I have never, not once, been disappointed by her books. I have read each one at least a couple of times and I have them easily accessible for when I get the urge to revisit her words. I commend her for trying out something new and different, something that she herself has said she has wanted to try for a long time. I am very excited to read this new series and I am very excited to see how she will rock my world with these characters(less)

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
DNF

***I felt that I should edit this to more clearly explain why I didn't like it...***

For clarification, it was NOT domme/sub the story line itself that made this unreadable for me...

It was the writing.

My best GR homie texted me asking me if I was able to finish it and I blatantly said I hadn't even started it because I was so afraid of not liking it.

description

And BOY did I want to like it.

She told me she finally had to put it down for good after numerous attempts to finish it and told me the flowery
Christy
Mar 01, 2017 marked it as dnf
 photo GIF18_zps841620e6.gif

DNF

I'm so sad I didn't love this one. Seriously KA is my favorite and the last thing I ever want to do is not finish one of her books, but I couldn't get into this one. After reading the first few chapters, nothing appealed to me about the story and the writing felt off to me.

I'm sure many will love this one, and I, of course, will continue to read more KA books in the future- I just don't think this particular series is for me.

photo 699d99b6-df9e-42bc-8e2a-baf85c390273_zps5dkf4w1c.png
Stacey is Sassy
description

Judge on the journey…not just the individual stops

I’ll warn you straight up this may end up as a whole bunch of babbling…

I was really nervous starting The Deep End. Kristen Ashley is my favouritist favourite author. I have a lot of favourite authors but she’s the Queen. So, when she decided to do something new and different I was more than interested. Then…she shared that she created a hero that was an Alpha/Sub. WHAT??? Now, don’t blame me, but all I could see was the sub part. I couldn’t take
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. It is certainly better than some of her other covers that's for sure. It's a good representation of the story within. Good composition. Ok typography (why is the title in lower case??) It's bright and eye-catching as well.description

description If you know me, then you know that KA and I haven't been the best of friends lately. Apart from the Daisy novella, her last eight or nine books have been total misses for me. In fact, I had pretty much given up on her ever getting back to the greatness that w
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★

2/2/17 - ok so I know some ppl have arcs.....so waiting on seeing if this is ok, but I am still disappointed, especially when there are so many other book ppl have been waiting on, such as Lach from Ghosts and Reincarnation, for years he has been left dangling on a cliffhanger!

Original review:

I think this is the first time I have ever been unsure about a KA book!

And I even liked Walk Through Fire, Jagged and Kaleidoscope! And rather enjoyed Mystery Man, liking both Gwen and Hawk!

So, true or fals
Aestas Book Blog
May 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
NEW KRISTEN ASHLEY BOOK!!!!!!!!

Olivier isn’t sure what he’s gotten himself into when he joins the Honey Club, only that a dark part of him craves the lifestyle offered by this secret, exclusive club.

When Amèlie invites Olivier to surrender, she pushes him
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Review to come.

After reading 54 Kristen Ashley books and rating 99% of them 4 or 5 stars, I'm the first surprised by how much I disliked that book.
Not because it's a change from her usual alpha heroes, not because it's BDSM (I enjoyed many books in this genre, displaying many kinks and even alpha submissive) but because of the writing and the lack of story, emotion and development( And I'll get back to that later in a proper review).

Seeing a few KA fans judging/accusing other readers/reviewers
Alex ♈
4.5 cliché breaking stars
“You know you give me more, Amélie. You know I’m only me with you.”

I read this book out of curiosity and in protest against cliché; and I never thought that I would like it so much.
I liked it a lot!

I don’t read much BDSM anymore, I’m tired of the same story with only different names and sometimes another kink-level. 98% of BDSM books I read had male Dom and female sub. Same old, same old.

I’m the first one to protest against sexism in books,
I’m the first one to cri
Shari Kay
Apr 04, 2016 marked it as not-for-me
I don't read K.A. for an "Alpha" sub

https://www.rtbookreviews.com/blog/13.... (view spoiler)
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5 'Risk taking' Stars!
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kristen Ashley never ceases to amaze me. I have to confess.. I was extremely scared to start this book. I knew this would throw me out of my comfort zone but I also really wanted to give it a try because Kristen is one of my favorite authors ever. I have to say I actually enjoyed The Deep End more than I thought even though it’s definitely not something I would normally read.

The Deep End is the f
Bev
Jan 17, 2017 marked it as nope
Soooo, I couldn't even get through the first few pages of the preview chapter and after skimming chapter 2 I've decided this is most definitely not for me, it made me feel rather uncomfortable to say the least. I'm tapping out before I even waste my money on this. This is my very first excerpt DNF, woooo go me!

That aside, IMO no way on god's green earth can an ALPHA MALE be a sub and have "KITTEN" as his safe word. Just NO!!!

I'm definitely not reading this. Nuh-unh. Never. Gonna. Happen.
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!!!
PAPERBACK SALE! http://amzn.to/2lFv0Vu
READ AN EXCERPT HERE

Kristen Ashley is one of my favorite authors so I just couldn't pass up a book of hers. That doesn't mean I wasn't nervous going into this though because honestly I was terrified that I wouldn't like it. Sure, an Alpha-Sub isn't a fake thing and a lot of subs in the lifestyle are actually Alpha in their everyday lives. But reading about it, and especially when said sub is male, isn't really my thing. But again, this author is m
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can not believe I have finally broken my KA Cherry!! And what a way to break it!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"That magnificent beast was a sub. An alpha-sub, assuredly"

"He was colossal. A mighty beast. A magnificent beast. Exquisite."

This book tells the story of a male sub, an alpha sub and his dominatrix. I must say I have never read anything like this before so it was a bit of an experience reading a BDSM book that didn’t have a female sub. It definitely took me a few chapters to get the story however I was soon
Stacie
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
**ARC generously provided via publisher, St. Martin's Press, for an honest review! It was not finalize copy and is subject to change.**

Well... Ima have to think on this one. Maybe actually write something out to try and organize my thoughts, rather than writing what initially comes to mind just as I've finished. Right now, my thoughts are ALL OVER THE PLACE. There are parts I loved, and there are parts I hated. And then, there are all the extra words... so many words; and syllables. I'll try t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3.5 -4 STARS !!!!

This is a new series and a totally different book from everything we've ever read by Kristen Ashley. Kristen Ashley doesn't hesitate to try something new for her bringing the world of BDSM to us in her own unique way.

description

I have to admit that in the beginning I didn't know what to expect, but I found myself enjoying the story and the characters. Not as much as I wanted to but still it was very good. The Deep End is a super hot story and I loved the relationship Amelie had with Oliv
Dali
Holy hot submissiveness! The Deep End is a scorchingly sensual and provocative read wrapped up in a delicious love story, and Kristen Ashley proves she can write just about any kind of romance.

Olivier Hawkes is a firefighter, a man’s man who just joined the Honey, an elite sex club where his entire being will be dedicated to pleasing a woman’s every craving, because underneath his turnout suit lives a man with dark and lascivious desires that aren’t easily satisfied.

With his physique, Oliv
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
OK DNF AND I'M SOOO SORRY

I am a HUGEEE KA fan, I've read so so many of her books, they quench my thirst when it comes to Alpha males and feisty women. I've been reading her books for years but sadly with this it just didn't work out. I knew it was going to be different but the writing is so so different to anything I've read before and I just can't keep on. Yes there is an Alpha sub but there was no depth and again where's my KA gone? Anyway I'm just going to leave it there and move on..

That I
Jayme
3.5 stars. All these 'dnf' just made that I even more wanted to read it. And I understand lots of them, because I have myself mixed feelings, but also I really admire going beyond the comfort zone and except certain things, I liked the story.

Amèlie liked to play. She is Mistress Amèlie, a Dominatrix, who is well known and appreciated in the Honey. After many years of this lifestyle, she was looking for a challenge. She missed the true connection and relation that could happen also outside the p
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I could get lost in this one, she thought. Lost and never found.

Known for her hot alpha heroes and her strong heroines, Kristen Ashley breaks new ground with this novel by offering to her reader not only a story that is decidedly more erotic than any of her previous works, but also by making the distinctive sexual dynamic between the characters the key building block in their relationship. With no holds barred, the author pulls us into a sensual new world where pleasure and pain are intimate
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Wow! KA totally did it. Doubters have no fear. This rocks!

Completely impressed! KA has stepped out of her box and into the playroom of sexual debauchery and I like it! I know many KA fans have raised an eyebrow due to the couple dynamic in The Deep End. I mean, I had reservations as well. An alpha submissive? How in the world can that work? Honey, it doesn’t only work, it goes down smooth as… well…honey!

It’s written with such care that it comes off just right. Oliver is a reluctant sub, but he k
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF sooner than I want to admit.

photo 0A21FF06-5AF4-400E-B6A4-BBD547952CB6_zpsvoub6efo.gif

This book just didn't work for me and I'm so bummed. I love Kristen Ashley's writing style and this is POLAR opposite the style I'm accustomed to. It's frankly almost as if she used a ghost writer. I know that's not true but the prose is very flowery and lyrical and the FemDomme plot isn't holding my attention. It's a bummer but I'll cut my losses at 10% (oops, I said it) as I've put it down three times now.

I won't likely continue this series but this won't dete
Ally
Nov 05, 2017 marked it as dnf
Big, fat, dripping, thrusting, quivering DNF

oh my god

Series: Obvs and not for me

Sexy times: May the BDSM gods and goddesses never look down upon this book with pride. May they hide their black masked faces and close their ball gagged mouths against this book. May they never suffer the flogs and paddles and chains of this book.

Sexy times? Every other page. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. Ever. I mean if it works, it works. This one. Nope. Not even close. In this case, KA, take that butt plug and
Natalie The Biblioholic
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dual-pov, erotic, bdsm, smut, 2017
I think this was the hardest KA book to rate that I've ever read. It was not what I expected, but then again I didn't know what to expect so I went into this with zero expectations. When I heard that Kristen Ashley was introducing a new erotica series, I was intrigued. My curiosity has been slaked but I'm not sure exactly what to say about this read. At first I was going to DNF this story for a multitude of reasons, one of which was the oddity of what I was reading. But then I looked at it from ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sadly this was a DNF for me. I love stories with BDSM, the high emotion the psychological aspect and many of my favourite books feature this element. However, in my humble opinion what I read of this story was too clinical, cold and with little emotion and no real connection. I love to see Authors trying new things, I applaud it, and also I am a long time KA fan, but this one just didn't work for me sadly.
FMABookReviews
I picked up my first Kristen Ashley book in 2011 -- Rock Chick. It was a difficult time in my life and when I found KA, I found the perfect escape. Since that time I have devoured most of her collection and proven wrong by my belief that I didn't like Fantasy. KA has always been a constant for me. Her books have been my happy place.

When I heard about The Deep End, to say I was intrigued puts it mildly. I love when authors flip the script. When what we are used to becomes different. And that is w
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
 photo THE DEEP END - header banner.png

3.5 Stars

There’s been a lot of talk about the alpha-sub dynamic and the kink level in this book, however, at its core The Deep End is a love story. It’s about 2 characters finding their other half while filling a void in their sex life. Don’t get me wrong, the lifestyle is an overt part of the story and is prominent throughout.

photo honey_review_1.jpg

Here’s the breakdown: To deal with his personal darkness, Olivier Hawke seeks the type of release only submission can provide. He experimented in the lifestyle with less
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5 ★'s

Okay, so I knew before going in that I probably wouldn't be a big fan of this book (and I wasn't) but...I've been curious about it since the reviews started rolling in and figured I'd give it a chance.

One "good" thing is that this is still told in the typical Kristen Ashley style...full of Alpha-male speak and long, descriptive sentences. I seriously don't think there's a way to edit her! ;)

And that makes the beginning of this book particularly painful because it is so very dry...ugh! Ad
Laura Elizabeth
May 09, 2016 marked it as not-reading
Alpha Sub?
Wait
What?
Just hell no
There is no such thing KA
KA you are getting my author behaving badly award for this sure to be nonsense of a book.

Update January 5th
So i decided I'd read the alpha sub teaser.

"When Amélie invites Olivier to surrender, she gives the alpha submissive what he craves."

KA needs to look up the definition of alpha and submissive. Does she not understand how ridiculous this is? That he cant be both?

Two pages in she tells this " Alpha Sub " his safeword is "kitten
Aisling Zena
Apr 10, 2016 marked it as maybe
A BDSM story about an alpha-sub? How does that even work?Not sure if I want to read this. It's KA but alpha and sub for me don't go together...

description

Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I have never read a Kristen Ashley book and I'm sad to say that I didn't enjoy this one. I made it through to the end to find out what happens but there was A LOT of skimming involved. I am normally not a BDSM, D/s, sex club, explicit sex kind of reader but the blurb caught my attention and this is KA, I have heard so much about her books and I wanted to give her a try.

I REALLY wish I had gotten a recommendation of a good KA book to read because this was just not my thing. Yes, it was sexy as h
Kristen Ashley Ad...: The Deep End (Honey 1) Oliver and Amelie 123 754 May 16, 2017 04:55PM
C.D.'s Canaries: The Deep End BR 3/15/17 19 48 Mar 31, 2017 08:56AM
  • Fathomless
  • Fighting Winter (Winter's Brothers, #1)
  • Boss (The Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Unsuitable (Unsuitable, #1)
  • The Debt
  • Split
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Honor (The Breaking Point, #1)
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • #FML (#FML, #1)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Delectable (Neighbor from Hell, #9)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Honey (3 books)
  • The Farthest Edge (Honey, #2)
  • The Greatest Risk (Honey, #3)
“I could get lost in this one, she thought. Lost and never found.” 2 likes
“You may hold me loosely,” she allowed.
His lips quirked but he didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around her loosely. Arms that were so long, they crossed at the back and his hands rested at her front hipbones.
“Something funny?” she asked.
“You’re cute when you’re bossy.”
She opened her mouth but he lifted his chin in a “shut” gesture and kept going before she could get a word in.
“Cute but hot. When you’re workin’ me, it’s just hot, Amèlie. So don’t get pissy.”
1 likes