Start by marking “Worthy of the Dissonance (Mountains & Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
Worthy of the Dissonance (Mountains & Men, #2)

Worthy of the Dissonance (Mountains & Men #2)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
He is loyal.
He is steadfast.
He is the home she never knew.

She is broken.
She is afraid.
She is worthy of his fight.

Millicent Valentine is a woman in love—and it scares the shit out of her. Pushing away the keeper of her heart felt like her only option, but it doesn’t take her long to realize she was wrong. She may be frightened to admit it, but to deny how much she needs him
Published October 2016

To ask other readers questions about Worthy of the Dissonance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worthy of the Dissonance

Carlene Inspired
4.25 Stars
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

The discordance that exists between my girl and me is the mountain I face.

Worthy of the Dissonance is the second installment in the Mountains & Men series, it opens up where Worthy of the Harmony left off and brings us immediately back into the story of Millie and Sage, a couple who hasn't figured out how to defy the odds of a long distance romance. Sage is finally achieving his dreams, at twenty-one he's on a massive tour with his band
Beth
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION DATE: October 7, 2016
CLIFF HANGER: Yes

4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

SYNOPSIS:
He is loyal.
He is steadfast.
He is the home she never knew.

She is broken.
She is afraid.
She is worthy of his fight.

Melanie A.
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-favorites
There is only one Sage Lawrence McCoy. He's earned my heart, and I don't want it back.
The best thing about RC Martin's writing? It's the utter definition of romance.

Spending time in the Mountains & Men world with Sage and Millie is like being surrounded by a warm blanket on a cold night, cuddled up with the person you love most in the world --> you can insert whatever scenario you find appealing of course, but you get the idea. I love this series.

And while no book is perfect and I c
Nicla

My favorite book in the series so far. When I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it wondering if everything was going to be okay between Sage and Millie. I am now so emotionally invested in these amazing characters and just want them to get the HEA they deserve.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Tammy Cole
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sage is my #1 book boyfriend ever! I seriously am in love with this man! I have been anxiously awaiting for this book because I just couldn't stand thinking of him being so heartbroken from the previous book. I devoured this book in hours and I loved every single word.

"You make my heart sing. You're my best girl, baby. I love you because I can't help it. "

RC Martin has fast become one of my favorite authors ever. Her books have so much depth and emotion to them. I feel like her characters are m
Crystal
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Worthy of the Dissonance is volume 2 of the Mountains & Men series. If volume one, Worthy of the Harmony, was Sage’s story, then this is Millie’s story. We find out more about her past and why she was so afraid to give her heart to completely to Sage. We find out about her relationship, or lack thereof with her parents, and how this shaped her into the person she was until the day Sage sung his way into her life and put the music into her heart.
Millie’s life was filled with disappointment a
Tracey
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I am really enjoying the Mountains and Men Series! Love the characters in the story. They are a band but they are more than that. They are a family who have each other's back and those important to their family members.

Millie's father left when she was 6 and her mother wasn't much of a mother to her. Millie was not nurtured by her mother like Sage was by his mother. He has a family with parents, sisters and more. Her heart was broken so long ago by her parents that she guards her heart and
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Worthy of the Dissonance is the second book in the Mountains and Men series. It continues from where Worthy of Harmony ended in a cliffhanger that had your head spinning, wanting to knock sense into Millie and Sage, and feeling so many emotions.

We are brought back to Millie and Sage trying to figure out how to make a long distance relationship work. Their reconciliation not the greatest moment, Sage making me hate him for his treatment of Millie and
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is not a standalone, and this story picks up straight on from where Worthy of the Harmony ends. I never thought it was possible when I started reading this series to love the characters more with each book, but it is happening! Sage and Millie are perfect for each other, and support each other no matter what. When Millie finally admits to herself about her feeling for Sage, she finally feels at peace and complete. When her past comes back to haunt her and she has to face her childhood ...more
Denise Anderson
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOT A STANDALONE!!!! This book picks up right where Worthy of Harmony left off. In WOH we were left with a cliffhanger and we got answers and RC did not disappoint. Sage and Millie's relation is growing and Sage's band is getting bigger. I know I said before that I loved this series but I really do and I know if you read it you will too. One thing about this book you will be left with a cliffhanger so RC HURRY UP and write write write!!!
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

This is one of those stories that you MUST read the previous books, as the last one ended in a cliffy. So Worthy of Harmony book 1, ended with Millie ending things with Sage, and Sage having to leave for a six week tour. Sage isn't dealing with this absence and with the silence from Millie too well. When she is talked into going and surprising Sage half-way through, things don't really go the way that Millie had intended them to go, in fact, Sage storming off and leav
Kelly
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog
Another winner

Worthy of the Dissonance is book 3 in the Mountains and Men series and please note you do want to read these books in order. It picks up where Worthy of the Harmony leaves off and Sage and Millie are both miserable as they are separated while Mountains and Men is on tour.

I thought Millicent continued to show nice character growth through the story ( I especially loved her at the end leading up to the cliffhanger) and all the elements I loved from the first two books continue here.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ stars.
The more I read about Mountains and Men, the more I love them. I feel a part of their lives. I love Sage so hard! That boy can have my heart! I know it'll be safe with him. I still feel how fragile Millie is. I can't fault the writing or the storyline. It just flows along at a perfect rate.
Millie is getting stronger with Sage's love and constant reassurance and support in all areas of her life. He is always saying and doing the right thing. The band's success is building now and we ar
Louise
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the best rock romance series I have read in a while. Every book is 5 stars so far and I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the final installment.
This story had me glued to my Kindle. It picks up right at the end of book 1 and we go on a pretty heavy emotional ride. My heart was actually breaking for Sage and if my younger self didn't share a few behaviours as Millie I might of not liked her for how she upset him.
Sage again is so book boyfriend worthy. He is such a combination of sex
Tara
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This is my favorite series by her so far and I cannot get enough of the sexy rocker, Sage. SWOON!!!!!
I enjoy reading about Millie and Sage's journey as they grow in their relationship. There were times I was frustrated with Millie for being so stubborn and nearly wrecking her relationship with Sage. I was able to relate to her on many levels, so it made for a decent read.
There were times that I felt like Millie's character fell short and was too needy and unstable. Much unlike how she was wh
Sharing
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I still can not get enough of Sage and Millie! They are made for each other! Millie has tried to fight her feelings for Sage, and has wondered if she was really worthy of his love. When she finally realizes she can't live without him, she feels complete. They will get through everything together; his touring that will separate them for long periods of time, her issues with her childhood and her family. Sage is determined to be there for Millie through every up and down and support her, as s ...more
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Oh I am in love with this series! Sage and Millie all I will say! And everyone in the band! Now I am anxiously hanging again! Great read!
Kelley
Susan
Feb 24, 2017
Melissa
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! Millie and Sage did not dissapoint, wow!!
Worthy of the Dissonance is not a standalone, this is the second book of the Mountains and Men Series and you should read two more books before this one.
I love how things are turning out for Millie and Sage in this book! They've been through so much, specially Millie, and it's like finally they start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Millie's character is simply fascinating, she grows so much as a person in this one, Sage's pa
Jennifer Mitsada
Ankita
Oct 18, 2017
Krystle
Mar 26, 2018
There’s a place where your mind can escape, your body can find rest, and your heart can soar – and R.C. Martin wants to take you there.

R.C.'s journey into the world of indie-publishing began like so many of her peers – with a big dream and a basket full of rejection. Confident that she’d one day pen a book someone would say yes to, she spent years crafting stories which became the foundation of h
More about R.C. Martin

Mountains & Men (4 books)
  • Encore Worthy (Mountains & Men, #0.5)
  • Worthy of the Harmony (Mountains & Men, #1)
  • Worthy of the Melody (Mountains & Men, #3)