Start by marking “Willem (The Witches of Wimberley #1)” as Want to Read:
Willem (The Witches of Wimberley #1)

Willem

(The Witches of Wimberley #1)

I know a did a bad thing. I wish I could remember what it was." - Willem

Willem is an out of work actor. He gave himself ten years to make it and never got a single paying job. While waiting for what would probably be his last audition ever, the guy standing behind him in line gave him a card with a phone number and said, “If you’re definitely quitting, try the witches.”

He
Published June 24th 2016 by dba 7th House, Imprint of Andromeda LLC (first published June 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Willem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willem

Start your review of Willem (The Witches of Wimberley #1)
Becky Burciaga
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willem's story, the first in The Witches of Wimberley series, is a delightful debut for the series...and a testament to Ms Danann's ability to write equally enthralling stories in multiple genres. The book is a romance, but with just enough passion, mystery and angst to keep the pace of the story rapid and before you know it, you're at the end. This one definitely grabs you from the prologue and takes you for a wondrous ride.

Willem's personality seems to leap off the page from the onset. He cou
Tifinie Henry
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: victoria-danann
The Witches of Wimberley is the newest series by Victoria Danann. With Willem being the first book I had no idea what Ms Danann had planned except some how witches would be involved. I loved this book. I laughed, gasped, cried and yelled at my Kindle. Damn it, Ms Danann made me cry again. There is a lot of things that happen in the story and oh what fun it was to read. There are several favorite quotes from this book, but the one that caught me off guard while I was reading is "I didn't want to ...more
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love how Victoria Danann can write a book that's not a cookie-cutter! So different and it keeps you on your toes!! Love the story line, super excited for this new series and I CANNOT WAIT for the next one!!
Pam James
It starts out very different than we are used to. Hang in there. It is background & needed. It is different for Victoria. Contemporary meets PNR. Yes I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It did bring tears to my eyes a couple of times. Yes I laughed out Loud. At one point in the book I wanted to throttle Willem. OK Starting to sound like a Victoria Danann book now. It is refreshingly different. I want to live in Wimberley now. I loved looking thru Willem’s eyes. Most people might covet the Boxster. M ...more
Nelta
Wimberley has secrets.....
Willem is destined to find out what those secrets are and how he fits into those secrets. Victoria Danann has given her readers a fun, magical and intriguing start to her new series, The Witches of Wimberltey. I loved her characters and how they bring you into their world. Let Ms. Danann cast her spell and enjoy reading "Willem".
Hollie
I have really enjoyed this writers work in the past, but I found this particular book very disappointing. There was no character development. Each and every character had a vague and generic feel to them. I found the plot to be predictable and lame. My biggest complaint is that it felt like they constantly talked about food in this book. The majority of the dialogue seemed to revolve around their meals, coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages. I would have preferred some more details on the characte ...more
Terri
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new series, one I found enticing and entertaining. Willem, the first of her Witches of Wimberley, is a fantastic foray into her new world. I read this book in one sitting!
Sharon Richmond
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Willem, The Witches of Wimberley by Victoria Danann. 4 Stars

This story is actually no probably what all men secretly dream of. Hey if the tables were turned, it would be any woman's dream too.. Sweet.

Willem is in line for an acting audition when a guy gives him a card. Tells him to call the number, what's he got to lose, lol you'll see.
A failed audition leads to a phone call and then to an orientation of sorts. 2 contestants will win a year with a beautiful woman aka a witch. At the end of that
Anna-marie
What a great start to a new series.
Willem is an out of work actor, who is given a card with a phone number on. When he rings it he discovers he is entered into a competition to Win a Witch & live the life of his dreams.
I absolutely loved this and ran the gamut of emotions whilst reading it and was so upset when I finished it.
Willem is adorable and it was so great to see him bloom into a lovely man.
All the characters were fantastic & really made the story fabulous.
I want to go live in Wimberley s
Ann Ellis
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a standalone book. It is fast-paced and easy to read. But don't let that fool you, it'll keep the riveted for however long it takes you to read. I highly recommend this book for a summer read.
Stacie Russom
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! it was loads of fun to read! I totally want to move to Wimberley and find me a witch. I'd rather be a witch but heck I'll settle for a witch bff.
Ellen Sandberg
Welcome to Wimberley. Come for a visit and you will want to stay forever. This is the first book in the amazing Victoria Danann's new series. It is light, charming, and utterly enchanting.

Will has had no success making it in Hollywood as an actor. He decides he will try one more audition before giving it up. He doesn't get the job but he get something else. One of the other actors gives Will a card. It is a card that will change his life. It is an invitation to Wimberley.

Wimberley is a place whe
Ree
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW! As a lifelong fan of author Victoria Danann, I knew that her new novel, Willem, would be a hit. I was absolutely correct. Ms. Danann has created a splendid world of magic and mayhem in her new Witches of Wimberley series. Willem is the first novel, and it’s fantastic! I fell hard for the entire citizenry of Wimberley, and Willem most of all. Ravish, the prize, is also incredible. And just when I thought it was going to slow down, the storyline sped up again. Willem is a man after his own dr ...more
Bobbi
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willem is an egotistical man that doesn't really have a care in the world except to make enough money to survive and women. When opportunity knocks and he goes running there is nothing to prepare him for what he gets. They say love is blind and to a man that thinks he doesn't believe in love this rings true. Then when his mom gets a hold of him, lets just say, all those things mom tells you when your young that you don't want to listen to...can actually come around twice fold and get you when yo ...more
Pam James
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Willem is an out of work actor ready to give up on what he thought was his heart’s desire when he stumbles upon the opportunity of a lifetime.

This is a fantastic tale of romance with enough witchy happenings to really keep you on your toes and wondering what will be happening next.

Once again, Victoria has created amazing characters that feel very real to her readers. You immediately feel invested in what will happen to them and whether or not they will get the happy ending.

This is the prefect st
Rebecca Stigers
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story made so many emotions slide through me. I laughed, snorted, sighed, cried a little but ended up feeling very good! Willem is quite the man, he's smart, although he had me wondering at times! He was kind and loving. Ravish is a witch and very proud of it. The way Ms. Danann writes her stories I'm packing my bags and moving to Wimberley even if to see Deck Durbin's ghost! This is definitely a must read as are all Victoria Danann's stories!
Lisa
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story overall, I felt that the story is so original especially when it comes to being about witches that it brought a new light to the genre. Willem is a loveable man, who makes the reader happy to learn about him. I can't wait to read the next in the series. Another great series from Victoria Danann.
Marinda
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review.

What happens when an out of work actor is offered a chance at living with a beautiful and perfect witch for the rest of his life? A lot especially if he doesn't believe in "love".

Willem is an actor or would be if he could get a acting job. One day when he's at a audition he tells another guy there if he doesn't get this part he's finished. The other guy gives him a card with a number to call to "win a witch". Now this is where th
Jessie Hines
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am huge fan of Victoria Danann's and let me tell this book is no different. At first I had a hard time getting into it because it just didn't catch my interest. But within the third chapter I couldn't put it down and I for one am glad that I didn't. Willem is so unlike the series that Victoria has written before but in a good way. The character in the story have great personalities. I think this is the first book I have ever read that their wasn't at least one character that I didn't like. I h ...more
Tifinie Henry
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victoria-danann
Deb Smith
When Victoria Danann decides to write a new series, I am immediately interested. Why? Because of all the many authors I read, she can ALWAYS be counted on to deliver a great story with life sized characters, so real they become friends and world building that is multi-layered and awesome! Willem has lived up to that in spades! I loved the world of Wimberly and Willem is my new book boyfriend. This is the perfect summer read and although there were some ups and downs and some tears, it was such a ...more
Kim
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ms. Danann has outdone herself. She has created a wonderful world with magic. This book is bright, enlightening, delightful and fun. The characters are so well written it is amazing. The storyline flows perfectly. Once I started I was enthralled and could not stop until I was finished.
Kim
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Foreman
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willem and Ravish are the perfect couple for a new Victoria Danann series! Love her writing and will and do recommend her to everyone I know! Cannot wait for the next book !
Victoria
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. As with all Victoria Danann books I found it really hard to put down! Really great story, plot, characters etc. Another winner
Joan
Feb 17, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2d-characters
dnf at 20%

I couldn't work out who this was aimed at - teenagers? women who like pointless descriptions of supposedly handsome men? It read a bit like those fan-fics written by love-struck fans. I wanted to like Willem but he was simply too smug and perfect and yet totally devoid of personality. So I gave up.

Not rating
Coco.V
Feb 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/16/2020)! 🎁
Ingrid Thomas
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book did not tickle my fancy.

First off I’d like to say that I loved The Black Swan series, and I loved the Exile series, so I was really looking forward to this new series.

But this book has none of the appeal the others have.

Willem is an out of work actor, that has devoted 10 years of his life to try and get a role, but doesn’t seem to get anywhere. So he decides to drop the acting gig and find a new form of living. By chance a stranger gives him a card to call.

He ends up ca
Bobbi
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 next »
Victoria Danann (...: Willem (The Witches of Wimberley #1) 1 2 Oct 04, 2017 12:51PM

• Dark Widow’s Curse (The Children of the Gods #24)
  • Dark Widow’s Blessing (The Children of the Gods #25)
  • Dark Dream’s Temptation (The Children of the Gods #26)
  • Dark Overlord’s Clan (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 40)
  • Dark Prince's Dilemma (The Children of the Gods #30)
  • Dark Overlord’s Wife (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series #39)
  • Dark Widow’s Secret (The Children of the Gods #23)
  • Dark Survivor Reunited (The Children of the Gods #22)
  • Dark Prince's Enigma (The Children of the Gods #29)
  • Dark Queen’s Quest (The Children Of The Gods #32)
  • Dark Spy’s Resolution (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 37)
  • Dark Prince's Agenda (The Children Of The Gods #31)
  • Dark Dream’s Trap (The Children Of The Gods, #28)
  • Dark Spy’s Mission (The Children Of The Gods, #36)
  • Dark Spy Conscripted (The Children Of The Gods, #35)
  • Dark Survivor Echoes of Love (The Children of the Gods #21)
  • Dark Queen’s Knight (The Children Of The Gods, 33)
  • Dark Dream’s Unraveling (The Children of the Gods #27)
OVER ONE MILLION COPIES SOLD.

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Victoria Danann, is the author of over thirty eight romances: paranormal, scifi, fantasy, and contemporary.

Her Knights of Black Swan series won BEST PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. - Reviewers Choice Awards, The Paranormal Romance Guild.

She also won Paranormal Romance Novel of the Year FOUR YEARS IN A ROW

The Witches of Wimberley (3 books)
  • Witch Wants Forever (The Witches of Wimberley #2)
  • Wednesday (The Witches of Wimberley #3)