Start by marking “One Part Plant: 100 Meals for a Whole New You” as Want to Read:
One Part Plant: 100 Meals for a Whole New You

One Part Plant: 100 Meals for a Whole New You

"This book is joyful, playful, delicious, and guess what? It will also change your life. I invite you to follow Jessica into the vast green wilderness."

—Lena Dunham

Wellness advocate and podcaster Jessica Murnane is the friend you never knew you had. And she's here to help you make a change you never thought was possible.

In One Part Plant, Jessica has a friendly request: th
Published February 14th 2017 by Harper Wave

To ask other readers questions about One Part Plant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Part Plant

Start your review of One Part Plant: 100 Meals for a Whole New You
Katie/Doing Dewey
Summary: Fantastic! Everything I made from this book was easy, delicious, and relatively healthy.

Author and podcaster Jessica Murnane advocates particular eating one plant-based meal a day and begins this cookbook with some suggestions for pantry staples to help you achieve that goal. She also recommends particular recipes as 'gateway meals' to bring reluctant family members on board with plant-based cooking. Personally, that's not why I picked up her book. My husband and I already cook a lot of
Punk
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Murnane espouses a diet that is one part plant—that is, at least one meal a day that is entirely plant based. It's a diet the author started to reduce the inflammation—and pain—caused by her endometriosis. She likes to focus on what you can eat rather than what you can't, and I really appreciate that she makes a point of saying the ingredients in this book only represent what she's comfortable eating and that you're free to make different choices based on what's healthy for you.

The entire book i
Mairead
Simple... but I gave it an extra star because of that. This would be such a great starter book for plant-based eating. Not overly complicated without too many extra, crazy ingredients.

Not sure it's a buyer for me, though it's tempting because so many look like solid workhorse repeatable cooks, especially as A eats more.

For example: blueberry corn cakes, chilaquiles with cilantro cream, strawberry chia jam, white bean buffalo hummus, breakfast potato bowl, mushroom and lentil stuffing, coconut
Barbara
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love to cook and obsess over finding new cookbooks to add to the house. Typically, I will check a cookbook out of my local library, make a few recipes and if I like what is on the plate I will purchase the book for myself. However, with One Part Plant, I knew this book had to be a part of my collection after reading just the first few recipes. The author describes how changing the way she ate to plant based helped her recover from severe pain and endometriosis. She does not preach to the reade ...more
Lory Hess
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See my full review at The Emerald City Book Review. I'm not a fan of the term "vegan," which sounds like its adherents come from another planet, nor of defining an eating style based solely on what it doesn't include. So Jessica Murnane's positive, joyous approach to "plant-based" eating appealed to me from the start. Eating should be fun and delicious as well as healthy, she maintains, and her recipes provide a very doable path to achieving that. The basics for cooking novices are provided, wit ...more
Kym
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I love the format of this cookbook. One page recipe, facing page beautiful photo. Murnane hopped into healthier eating because she has endometriosis. She has found that adding plant-based meals to her diet has improved her overall health. This works for anyone!

I love that the ingredients do not include sugar. She uses sweeteners like dates and maple syrup. This a good cookbook for anyone trying to add more plants their diets.

In case you are wondering about the fewer stars, there are quite a few
Lara
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one more than I thought I would at first glance! The recipes are really simple, quick and easy, and a lot of them are things that I wouldn't normally be interested in, but something about the combination of the way they're photographed and the way they're described has won me over. And I like Murnane's outlook--I think we'd get along just fine! Although her references are super old! Down with OPP? Sisterhood of the Traveling Plants? Uhhhh....

Anyway, I might not rush out to buy a cop
Cathy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I'm a lucky Goodreads winner of ARC of this amazing cookbook, well it really is a unique way to start eating "one part plant" every day, even every meal can include OPP. I enjoyed the author's real view of food and can't wait to try some of these delicious plant recipes
Whitney Pittsenbarger
I really liked this book. The author was down to earth. The recipes were very accessible, with nothing too fancy or exotic. I love them all and am planning on trying many of them. I may have to buy this one.
Anna
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for those who have endometriosis (and those that don't as well). As someone who does not have internal distress do to gluten or eggs, I was glad to see that there was a real accepting of those who don't and no judgement. I will be trying these recipes in the near future.
Lindsay Mizell
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super helpful and down to earth for women with endometriosis....but probably good for everyone.
Lisa  Keegan
a good refresher
Mindy
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun plant based cook book! I love the grace she gives to get into the lifestyle with trying 1 meal a day! The recipes have ingredients I am familiar with and are easy to follow!
Susie
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great cookbook!
Jackie Friedland
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The recipes look amazing. Sadly I’m just not into veggies enough yet to try most. Will try a few though!! I like just making one meal a day vegan. I can do that!
Just Commonly
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
"One Part Plant (OPP) is an eating philosophy; it means at least one meal a day is made up of real, whole, plant-based foods." (1)
One Part Plant by Jessica Murname is a cookbook devoted to sharing about the One Part Plant philosophy and what options there are. If you've read some of my food or nutrition based book reviews, you know I'm always intrigued by the idea of healthy eating, especially eating that minimizes inflammation. Many illnesses or physical issues derive from inflammation. The mor
J.
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When was the last time you read a “cookbook” front to back cover? I can say never, until now! I loved this book – the author’s approach and style, insightful reflections, stories, recipes, guest chef recipes, tips and photos – all great. The information and recipes are very good and practical for those who already eat healthy but also for those who would like to start making some small changes. As someone who has moved toward a more vegetarian lifestyle over the past several years for health rea ...more
Tamara
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is beautifully put-together. It has great, motivational information about adding plant-based foods to your diet. The recipes are straightforward and accessible to a home cook. I've already made some nice salads and look forward to trying some of the other food. The photos are lovely, my only thought is that I wish there was a photo for each recipe. Altogether a great book and I'm glad to have received a review copy.
Chris
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just got this book today and stared reading it immediately. I do try to ear lots of plant-based meals and much of the information I already know. But there is some new stuff, too, and it's presented in a very clear and readable style. The recipes are really interesting and look delicious. I have picked out quite a few to try after just one skim-through. I look forward to trying a bunch of them. Thanks to Goodreads for this copy!
Diana
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Book received through Goodreads Giveaways.

While I'm not Vegetarian, I am looking for some new recipes that will work on the new fairly strict diet my doctor has me on. I will definitely be trying out a few recipes in the book. There are some however that I would never be a fan of, way too much coconut. It definitely has some good ideas in it.
Susie
Jan 24, 2018
Leanne Reikowsky
Feb 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sweet Potato Soul: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes for the Southern Flavors of Smoke, Sugar, Spice, and Soul: A Cookbook
  • Acid For The Children
  • Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains
  • Player One: What Is to Become of Us (CBC Massey Lectures)
  • Instant Loss Cookbook: Cook Your Way to a Healthy Weight with 125 Recipes for Your Instant Pot®, Pressure Cooker, and More
  • 30-Minute One-Pot Gluten-Free Cooking: Allergy-Friendly, Fast and Delicious Recipes with Easy Cleanup
  • The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Vegan Recipe Book: From Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal to Creamy Thyme Polenta, 175 Easy and Delicious Plant-Based Recipes ("I Love My" Series)
  • Lose Weight by Eating: 130 Amazing Clean-Eating Makeovers for Guilt-Free Comfort Food
  • At Home with Natalie: Simple Recipes for Healthy Living from My Family’s Kitchen to Yours
  • Nat Enough (Nat Enough #1)
  • Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business
  • Penguin in Love (Penguin)
  • Oh She Glows Every Day: Simply Satisfying Plant-Based Recipes to Keep You Glowing from the Inside Out
  • Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body
  • The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook: 75 Easy Recipes for Light Meals to Make in Your Electric Pressure Cooker
  • Cravings: Hungry for More