Start by marking “The Release (The Prey #3)” as Want to Read:
The Release (The Prey #3)

The Release

(The Prey #3)

Who will survive? In the thrilling conclusion to the gripping YA postapocalyptic trilogy that began with The Prey, Book and Hope must risk everything—including their lives—in order to defeat the enemies who deem them “Less Thans” in the Republic of the True America.

This heart-pounding, fast-paced survival adventure is perfect for fans of The Maze Runner.

I knew it couldn’t
Published February 14th 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Release, please sign up.
rachel ☾ The first line of the description says that "The Release is the thrilling YA conclusion to Tom Isbell’s suspenseful post-apocalyptic Prey series" so I…moreThe first line of the description says that "The Release is the thrilling YA conclusion to Tom Isbell’s suspenseful post-apocalyptic Prey series" so I think it is!(less)

Start your review of The Release (The Prey #3)
Sarah Elizabeth

“Any final words of advice?” Book asks Goodman Dougherty.
“Yeah, don’t piss anyone off.”

This was a YA dystopian, and the end of the series.

Book and Hope were strong characters in this, but they were also quite separate for most of the book, with Hope’s dislike of her scars causing a rift between them.

The storyline in this was about rescuing the remaining Less Thans, running from wolves and hunte
rachel ☾
If you are a fan of this series, I do not think that you will be disappointed with this final sequel. It has the same tone and layout as the previous two books and if I’m going to be somewhat nice, I can say that I admire Isbell’s consistency in this series. I wish I could say that I enjoyed this series as a whole enough for a consistent finale to appease me but unfortunately, I could never claim to be a fan of Isbell’s writing, let alone this series.

The plotline suffers from so many plot holes
S61
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great conclusion to an incredible dystopian series. This book certainly did not disappoint. The pace was rightfully fast all the way up until the end, which is probably why I was able to finish this book in two days. I had an incredible time reading it and I can’t be happier that I picked up this series.
Amelia Jacobson
This was. . . good. Not even close to the best book, kinda close to the worst, but it was okay. The ending was good up until the epilogue, then it slid really, reallyfar. I found I was actually secretly happy with Hope and Book as a couple, but the epilogue changed that for me. In my opinion, it was one of the most unrealistic things in the book. I just found it kind of. . . stupid. Sorry, Tom, but it just didn't work. Too cheesy and fake.

I love the Skull People. This one part one page 169 made
Christian
Jul 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh...thank goodness that's over.🙄 ...more
Aparna
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: Hope & Despair; Friendships & Betrayals; Love & Hatred; Cruelty & Revenge; Rulers & Subjects; Captures & Escapes; every page gives you a variety in characters, emotions, plans, mishaps and terrors. A recipe for a dystopian novel successfully executed.

The Release is the conclusion to The Prey Trilogy by Tom Isbell published in February of 2017. The plot begins n Camp Liberty two months after where it ended in previous book, The Capture (https://inspirethoughts.livejour
Spencer
2019
All of these books had so much traveling. And, I'm sorry, but I can only be interested in camping and scavenging for food, and group disagreements so much. I feel like so much more world building could have been done. Or at least shown. Unfortunately, I felt like we only saw from the LTs perspectives, but that they (as children) never understood enough to explain it to us (the readers).
Nicole
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Release is the third and final book in The Prey trilogy. Without a doubt Tom Isbell is one of the most consistent writers I have read. He keeps the tone and pacing the same throughout the trilogy.

Even though the story is split between Hope and Book I still feel like Book was more of the main character. I had hoped for more growth for Book he remained the same in a lot of ways, he continued to trust people no matter what and always seemed to come up with last minute plans that miraculously s
Rafie
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-ya-novels
This was a blast! Pretty much a solid conclusion to a riveting and phenomenal series that follows a group of unlikely individuals hunted and captured by the government and were housed in camps for evil experiments.

The quick-paced survival story is also about them seeking desperation for survival, their escaped journey that test their hopes and limits, a game between preys vs predators, indefinite lines between friendship and enemies that keeps you question who are your allies, and a revolution
Joey De La Torre
Started off strong like the first two books, then got VERY cheesy towards the end. Stuff like: "a chop to the neck, and they're out cold". Then the epilogue is on a whole other level of cheesy (Kraft might sue).

But, if you can look past all the liquid gold, it's actually a pretty solid ending to the trilogy.
Dee Price
Hope finally redeems herself in this final battle between the Sisters, LT's, and the Browm Shirts. She was not one of my favorite characters throughout this story. There were so many twists in the finale to this series!! Some were expected and some were not but this was a great way to tie up the series. ...more
Anne
3.5 stars - probably would have been higher if I'd read the other books in the series first...
This is the conclusion to the series and appears to wrap up all the loose ends in an action-packed thriller. For those looking for a dystopian series, this seems to be one that has some unusual twists and interesting characters within the standard tropes. I'd go back and read the first two books, just based on this one.
Madison Eaton
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good ending to the series it really leaves it open ended for what can happen for the future but not really leaving you with to many questions unanswered. Also love that Argos lived through the entire series I really expected the dog to die.
lisa  grace ♡
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, dystopian
Oh dear god.
1. The two protagonists were just beyond dumb. Hope's moodiness was starting to get on my nerves, and Book was just plain gullible.
2. THEY KILLED OFF THE ONE SMART AND DECENT CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES!!! WHY, CAT, WHY! AND ONLY 50 PAGES AWAY FROM FREEDOM, TOO.
Rebecca
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a good, satisfying ending to the trilogy. I really enjoyed following these characters on their journey
T. Jackson
Did not like this one as much as the other two.
Paul Perry
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thought it was a pretty decent book never left you bored overall a good read
Barbie
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All three books are 4 star but the endings bring it down in each one.
Matt Mckenzie
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid ending with some twists and turns.
The
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The shortest of the trilogy but it still packs a punch. Great way to end the series that will keep you wondering till the very end!
Dominique
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I have to say is the ending could have been better but it was very satisfying the way it ended overall.
Bo
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters we lose😭 but overall pleased
Brighney
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it; perfect ending to the series.
Tommy Benson
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live today, tears tomorrow.

Tom Isbell's final novel in The Prey series is fantastic. I couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat after The Capture and couldn't wait to get my hands on the final installment. He does not disappoint with The Release.

We join our friends Book, Cat, and Hope two months after the events of The Capture. They are still struggling to survive and bring down the government who are trying to wipe them from the face of the Earth. This time, with the help of all the
Beagle Lover (Avid Reader)
Taylor
Well that was disappointing.
The Not Boring Book Show
We loved our interview with Tom Isbell about The Release. Listen to the full show here: http://www.thenotboringbookshow.com/2... ...more
Bernie
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this last of the trilogy. Sometimes it's ok to have to stay home and sink into a book! Thanks Tom Isbell! ...more
H. J.
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Release is an amazing ending to The Prey trilogy! This third and final book brings together the major events that began to surface in the first book, and the ending to not only the book but to the entire series is just so satisfying. I did not stop reading once I started and tackled this book in the course of two days. There was so much action, just as the first two books! I was constantly fearing for all of the characters' lives that I could not put the book down.

This third part to The Prey
Audrey Laurey
Tom Isbell has secretes the final installment to The Prey series, or did here? Not satisfied with the conclusion, which seems to open up the possibility of another related series.

The Prey is a trite imitation of The Hunger Games that jumps from scene to scene, heavy on action, and light on character development or meaningful interactions that would have helped to propel the narrative (for 3 books!!).

• Skylark (Skylark, #1)
  • Origin (Corpus, #1)
  • This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil, #1)
  • Minecraft Dungeons: Complete Guide: How to win the game, Everything You Need To Know
  • The Grimm Legacy (The Grimm Legacy, #1)
  • The Lost Girl of Astor Street
  • The Poe Estate (The Grimm Legacy, #3)
  • Chaos Walking: The Complete Trilogy
  • The Skinjacker Trilogy: Everlost / Everwild / Everfound (Skinjacker, #1-3)
  • Scythe / Thunderhead / The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #1-3)
  • Downsiders (Downsiders, #1)
  • Thirteen (The Last Thirteen, #1)
  • The Wells Bequest (The Grimm Legacy, #2)
  • The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tale of Troy
  • The Jungle Books
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Classic Books)
  • The Assignment
  • Shadowfell (Shadowfell, #1)
A graduate of the Yale School of Drama and the University of Illinois, Tom Isbell spent his professional career acting in theatre, film and TV, working opposite Robert DeNiro, Ed Harris, Helen Hunt, Lynn Redgrave, Rosemary Harris, Hal Holbrook, Anne Bancroft, Sarah Jessica Parker, John Turturro, Angela Bassett and others. TV credits include Designing Women, L.A. Law, Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote ...more

The Prey (3 books)
  • The Prey (The Prey, #1)
  • The Capture (The Prey, #2)