Start by marking “The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)

The Wish Granter

(Ravenspire #2)

The world has turned upside down for Thad and Ari Glavan, the bastard twins of Súndraille’s king. Their mother was murdered. The royal family died mysteriously. And now Thad sits on the throne of a kingdom whose streets are suddenly overrun with violence he can’t stop.

Growing up ignored by the nobility, Ari never wanted to be a proper princess. And when Thad su
Published February 14th 2017 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about The Wish Granter, please sign up.
C.J. That's the plan! It depends, of course, on my publisher continuing to buy each book of the series, but I do want to bring it full circle with the last…moreThat's the plan! It depends, of course, on my publisher continuing to buy each book of the series, but I do want to bring it full circle with the last book. (less)
C.J. A couple, but you can read this one without reading the first one and be fine. Every book in the series is a stand alone.

Start your review of The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)
C.J.
Aug 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I really love these characters, and I hope my readers do too. <3
“In the stories, wishes always comes with a price.” The prince squared his shoulders as if braced for a blow.
“Everything comes with a price.” Teague stepped closer. “But I’m all that stands between your sister and death. Is there a price you wouldn’t pay for her life?”

It would be doing a disservice not to explain that this book is a standalone within a series of standalone novels - all of which are fairy tale retellings. They are set in adjoining kingdoms with the possibility of characters fro
Alyssa

Publication Date: February 14, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

An epic fantasy inspired by the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale, about a bastard princess who must take on

“Teague would destroy her if he caught her trying to ruin him.
She had to do it anyway.”

This was a YA fantasy retelling of Rumpelstiltskin.

I liked Ari in this, and I liked the fact that she had ‘generous curves’ and ate like a real person. She was also brave and kind, and I liked how she wasn’t bothered about titles, and treated everybody the same no matter if they were nobles or servants.

The storyline in this was about Ari’s twin brother beingEdelweiss.)
Stacee
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know why I waited so long to read this one because I loved it.

Love love loved Ari and Sebastian. She’s sassy and calculating and loves pie. He’s quiet and loyal and claims to be able to live without pie. Together they’re adorable. She gets him to open up and he gets her to plan before she acts. I absolutely loved every scene of them together.

Plot wise, I was captivated from the start. I loved how crafty Rumpelstiltskin was and how Ari and Sebastian get things worked out is perfection.
Suzanne
This was a cute book but I did find my mind wandering. There were parts that kept my interest but some were like going through the motions. I love fairytale retellings and I am not the biggest fan of the Rumpelstiltskin tale but this was a great spin on it.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
I was never a huge Rumplestiltskin fan but I think CJ has made me one! I loved this! I think I may have even liked it better than The Shadow Queen! And Sebastian *swoons* I have a new book boyfriend!
Sarah Louise
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
"He'll grant you the deepest desire of your heart, but in ten years he'll return for your soul."

As soon as I saw mention of a Rumpelstiltskin retelling, I knew I had to read this. Alistair Teague was exactly the conniving, cruel, vengeful character that I hoped he would be. While also being The Wish Granter, he's also somewhat of a drug lord in the kingdom of Súndraille, and no one dares to defy him. That is, until Ari Glavan.

Fooled into a wish, Ari's brother, Thad, is the new ruler of Súndraille. To protect her br
sam  {Multi Dreamer}⚔
So so good...I loved it so much. This is more of a 4.75 stars but it is still an amazing book. First of all...The cover is insanely beautiful and I loved Ari's humour and everything about Sebastian....❤ I loved the concept of creating a rumplestiltskin themed retelling and since rumplestiltskin is my favourite villain apart from the evil Queen...I enjoyed it even more. If you haven't read this already... your missing out on a lot so go read it!!!

Rtc
Katie
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

Warning: Possible spoilers below.

I wanted to like this book so much more than I did. I absolutely love fairy tales and retellings, but this one just wasn't for me. Maybe part of me was biased going into it (I decided to read it more because I liked the first book in the series than because I was actually interested based on the summary).

The Wish Granter is a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. Thad and Ari Glavan are the bastard twins of the king of Súndraille
Amber
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Arianna is now a Princess to the Sundraille throne with her brother Thaddeus as the youngest King in the land. When an evil little Fae man known as Alastair Teague makes her brother keep out of his criminal drug business or else, Arianna is determined to save her brother and their kingdom from the creature's evil plans. Will they succeed? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good take on the Brothers Grimm Fairytale Rumplestiltskin. Whenever I read of Alastair Teague's
Colleen Houck
This was a great take on the Rumpelstiltskin story. You will root for the hero and heroine and if you don't end up craving pastries by the end, I'd be shocked. Love immersing myself in this world. Hope another one is coming.
Alaina
"Thad: But this is a boy, and you need to think of your reputation if you're spending time alone with him...
Ari: Learning how to put a man's eye out or take him down at the knees. Very romantic stuff, Thad. Very romantic. Oh, and we also hid a body together, so we're practically engaged."

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I READ THIS BOOK.
I LOVE THIS BOOK.
I LOVE C.J.

Now The Wish Granter is a standalone
Alexa
4.5-4.75 stars. I'm utterly delighted by THE WISH GRANTER. It takes elements from the tale of Rumpelstiltskin, and integrates it into a fun, fast-paced story of a girl determined to save her brother and her kingdom, and a boy who is determined to escape his past. A few minor quibbles, but I definitely enjoyed this one!
mith
Jul 29, 2016 marked it as maybe-read
so um
what retelling is this of?
Ry
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I need to make this clear: I HATE Rumpelstiltskin. So I was going into this book with really low expectations. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually liked this book. It's definitely not as good as The Shadow Queen, in my opinion, but it's very interesting.
My favorite thing about this book is Ari's love for eating. She's so passionate about it and so I am. Just... she's A M A Z I N G!
Frankie Lovely
review to come

Ok well ....
I liked a lot of things about this book. The MC is awesome, the characters are interesting and somewhat complex, there is magic and its a freaking Rumpelstiltskin retelling which is awesome!

But ... I did not really enjoy this book ...

AND I DONT KNOW WHY?

So I'm going to think about this before I review.
Kayla
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting novel, it was a lot darker than the previous book. I did enjoy the first book slightly more but it was still a great read.
Alja (alyaofwinterfell)
3 stars

I've read The Wish Granter quite recently and it was a fun, if not very original read.

It's a retelling of the Rumpelstiltskin fairytale, but since I'm not familiar with the original tale, I can't comment on how accurate was the adaptation.

Princess Ari never wanted her position in court and doesn't give a damn what people think of her. She and her brother are bastard children of the king, and their lives are in danger because of it. In an act of desperation her brother ma/>It's
Lisa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this, it was so much fun. I've always thought Rumpelstilskin was creepy, even as a kid, I remember my Dad reading it to me. The character always stayed with me. He was brutal in this. Story was good and Ari took no crap. I'll be watching for what comes next in this series. I hope author picks something that's not been overtold, there is so much to choose from. I liked this one more than the first, just a bit.
Jay G
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

4.5/5 Stars

Thad and Ari are the bastard children of the King. When their mother is murdered and the royal family are mysteriously killed, Thad finds himself the new King. Ari has never wanted to be royalty, but then Thad begins training her to take his place on the throne. Ari realizes that the Wish Granter, Alistair Teague, is responsible for Thad becoming the King. As time goes on, Ari learns the terms
Beth  (YA Books Central)
absolutely loved this retelling of Rumpelstiltskin! This book had me hooked from the very first chapter! I literally could not put it down! I have been obsessed with CJ's writing ever since I read Deception (the first book in the Defiance series) and I think this is possibly my most favorite of all her books!!! Full review to come!!
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Aug 28, 2016 marked it as i-need
Shelves: most-anticipated
OKAY- I need it as much as I need air!!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, otps-feels
Rating ~3.5

*Review to Come*
Danielle (Love at First Page)

4-4.5 stars

Totally did not expect to love this book as much as I did, and for it to become my new favorite C.J. Redwine book - and ship! I'm always a sucker for fairy tale retellings, and The Wish Granter had me invested from beginning to end. The best part was it's characters, Ari and Sebastian, two beautiful souls who found each other at the perfect time. Their romance gave me all the butterflies!
Sanya
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
I finally have time to read! I liked this book more than I thought I would and that's really great! And let us not forget how the cover is charming! I'm never bored of reading books and tales about faeries, they interest me so much. After I finished this book and saw the reviews I realized that this book is actually a retelling of the Rumpelstiltskin's tale... I have to read it.
The characters in this book were adorable, even the wish granter. I liked the way his feelings and cruelty
Ari
2 + 1/2 stars.

The ending was definitely the best part of the story :D
Quite an entertaining read, but (view spoiler)

Other than this, Ari was a lovely, fleshed-out character and she wasn't taking
Noha Badawi
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“There's a restless, pent-up power in the sea, and you know if it ever decided to stop respecting its boundaries, it could destroy you. But it does respect its boundaries. It stays where it should, so its power feels safe. When you stand here, surrounded by mystery and beauty and power, you feel safe.”

THIS BOOK IS FOR ALL RUMPELSTILTSKIN FANS !!

Full review: https://thebookishword.wordpress.com/...
Sara Saif
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

A villain story, a proper villain story, with no redemption arc, featuring a villain so villainous you feel the villainy in your bones, a story in which heroes are beaten down and evil wins again and again, now that sounds rather delicious.

And it was.

The Wish Granter surprised me so many times:

- It surprised me when it began with the villain's point of view.
- When it continued to have him front and center.
- When I figured out that, no, he would not be the love interest and no, he won't be joining the good side, like ever.
- It surprised me by crwas.
The

• The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • Ride the Wind (Flipped Fairy Tale #3)
  • The Beast (The Hunter Legends, #1)
  • Cashmere (Velvet, #2)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Clanless (Nameless, #2)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • Barefoot on the Wind (The Moonlit Lands, #2)
  • Hello, Sunshine
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • Paige in Progress (Reluctant Hearts, #3)
  • The Enchanted Sonata
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Dark Breaks the Dawn (Dark Breaks the Dawn Duology, #1)
  • Beheld (Kendra Chronicles, #4)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
**Please read my FAQ before sending any requests: http://cjredwine.blogspot.com/p/faq.html **

C.J. Redwine loves fairy tales, Harry Potter, and going to the movies. If the novel writing gig ever falls through, she’ll join the Avengers and wear a cape to work every day. To learn more about C.J., visit her website at www.cjredwine.com

Ravenspire (4 books)
  • The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)
  • The Traitor Prince
  • The Blood Spell (Ravenspire #4)
“Thad: “But this is a boy, and you need to think of your reputation if you’re spending time alone with him—”

Ari: ”Learning how to put a man's eye out or take him down at the knees. Very romantic stuff, Thad. Very romantic. Oh, and we also hid a body together, so we're practically engaged.”
14 likes
“Sometimes having courage means the hardest tasks fall onto your shoulders, and those leave the biggest scars.” 14 likes