Start by marking “Fort Solitude (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2)” as Want to Read:
Fort Solitude (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2)

Fort Solitude

(DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2)

The follow-up to the bestselling hit Study Hall of Justice! Clark Kent is thrilled when he receives an invite to a spring break academic retreat. After taking down the villains of Ducard Academy the previous year, going back to life on the farm was a bit dull. Better yet, his friends Bruce and Diana have been invited there, too! What better way to spend spring break than w ...more
Published December 27th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Fort Solitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fort Solitude

Jessica Kim
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was very good and fun to read!
Michelle
3.5. I really don't know much about super heroes, yet still enjoyed the book & it's unusual format. This will likely be a hit with D.C. fans who are 4th-6th grade.
Allison
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too many characters and the plot is really similar to the first book. Still . . . I loved it. It felt like a classic Superman story.
Brenda
I enjoy it. I think younger me would have been in love. A very charming re imagining of DC canon. Cute artwork. Had me Google in unfamiliar names. Will read more
Stacy Fetters
This was cute but not as cute as the first one. I felt that the story ended abruptly and the suspense wasn’t as thick as it was in the first one.

Still a great series for kids and lovers of all superheroes and villains.

I’m glad that the Joker grew up and became the clown creep we all love!!
zapkode
{My thoughts} – I enjoyed this book. It was written from the point of view of Clark Kent. Whereas the previous book was written in Bruce Wayne’s point of view. In this book the Clark, Bruce and Diana get together at Evergreen Adventure Camp. It only takes Bruce a day to realize that something is amiss. And a couple of days before Clark decides to agree with them. They re-establish their little crime investigators group and work together with a few other characters to try in solve the mysteries o ...more
Jill Jemmett
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like the concept of this story. The DC Super Hero kids get invited to a camp, and then kids mysteriously disappear.

I also liked the format. There are many different kinds of documents that tell the story, including chat messages between Clark, Diana, and Bruce, Clark’s scrapbooks, and flyers advertising events at the camp. I loved these kinds of books when I was a kid, so I’m sure lots of kids would like this format.

The images were all in black and white, which made it difficult to tell
Nathaniel Voll
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
My 6-year old son (almost in grade 1) simply adored this series. An avid and knowledgeable DC superhero fan, this series offered an accessible view of his favourite heroes as they take on the public education system, summer camp and--of course--the phantom zone! He loved following the mystery as Bruce and Clark narrate, document and catalogue their findings in lists, instant message conversations and classic graphic novel panel styles.
While he LOVED it, I scratch my head at the decision to have
Soobie's scared
Maybe this one gets only 2,5 stars, but I want to round it up.

I love the black and white art, really. But in this volume it doesn't work very well because the authors decided to introduce a lot of characters and sometimes it wasn't easy to tell them apart. I couldn't name most of the camp kids. In addition I'm not that into DC comics and I didn't know most of the kids name. For me, they didn't ring any bell and it was a bit difficult to link those kids to the adult superhero they represent.

The
Donna
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Young Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Princess Diana attend a week of camp together during spring break.

This is a fun story where our three youngsters try to figure out both why campers are disappearing and what's going on with a monster in the lake. The graphics are interspersed with texts, old-fashioned notes that are passed by Barry Allen, call sheets for the camp, etc. The trio also make new friends such as Vic Stone (Cyborg) and are annoyed by other campers such as the kid who will become the
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Like the others in this series, this a cute little read. It's an ideal way for parents to introduce their kids to the superheroes they grew up with. The kids can enjoy the stories and the parents can enjoy how much fun the writer and artist are clearly having. The mixed media approach, again, helped to tell the story in a way that was engaging. I particularly liked that this story was through Clark's perspective. Superman's upbeat attitude was a nice change of pace from Bruce's more suspicious o ...more
Rebecca
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, humor
Although this wasn't quite as good as the first book, Study Hall of Justice, mostly because it tried to cram in too many new characters, it was still a truly fun read. Nothing quite beats grumpy little Bruce Wayne, although dippy young Clark Kent comes close. Familiarity with the DCU is definitely recommended, however, as a lot of the jokes depend upon it.
Katy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I liked this one better than the first book. I felt the story was a little stronger. It interested me enough to want to read the next book in the series, but I do think the pictures would be improved if they had color. This story had sooooo many characters that even though I'm familiar with all of them, it was still difficult to tell them apart int his style of drawing and lack of color. The drawings are a little too bland for me as well as confusing in this particular story.
Zachary King
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is just delightful. The Secret Hero Society goes to summer camp and finds all is not well in the woods... Lots of continuity kicks in seeing which future Justice Leaguers (and their rogues) show up. I figured it out early on - I'm probably too old for these books, but I won't let that stop me - but the book is a real treasure with beautiful art by Dustin Nguyen.
Adam
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was just hysterical with a lot of DC references. I enjoyed the artwork and it effectively does it's job but I wish it was in color. This was a solid follow up to the first book an this time it was centered on little Clark Kent instead of Bruce Wayne. I would most definitely read this to a young graphic novel/superhero fan.
Karen
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommend reading book #1 in this series, before reading this one. Crazy mixed format about superheroes as children, this time at spring camp where children keep disappearing, and the counselors seem "robotic". Definitely involves reading and inferring, to understand the story. Not for literal readers. Grades 4-7
Shiela
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wish they'd release a colored edition. While I love Dustin's art style, it doesn't lend well to this amount of characters in civilian clothes, making some panels were confusing. Still a solid 4, though. Definitely a fun read. :)
Jkeeler
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute continuation of the DC Comics Secret Hero Society books. I liked that this book was from Clark Kent’s point of view (the previous book was from Bruce Wayne’s). Now I wonder who will be the narrator of the next one😊
Andy
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(DC Comic: Secret Hero Society #2) Fort Solitude by Derek Fridolfs is the best comic I've read. This book shows team work, and courage- this is through the hole story. Every time I get this book I love to read it at school and at home. I recommend this book to people who like comics.
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
300th book read on Goodreads! Great graphics.
Katie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Great expansion on the first. Lots of great nods if you're already a comic fan.
Brittany
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and I can't wait to share it with my children.
Jillian
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
It still needs....something. Color illustrations? Because a lot of the kids look alike, and it's hard to tell who's who.
Good story this time, though - a full mystery to solve.
Rhythm Johnson
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ela
this book was alright
Dani
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good! Like the first book, but in a different setting.
Katie Guttenberg
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm not writing a full review but this book was super cute and I want to read the others now.
Chris
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Reviewed at Brunner's Bookshelf
Jaq
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable mystery with enough twists to make it an entertaining read.
Macee Davis
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was just amazing!I want the next book
Matt Piechocinski
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Nguyen's art is great in these books, but I actually think the Superhero High stories are better.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Alabaster Shadows (Alabaster Shadows, #1)
  • Paths & Portals (Secret Coders, #2)
  • The Golden Lion (Cleopatra in Space, #4)
  • The Great Big Boom (HiLo, #3)
  • Wonder Woman at Super Hero High
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)
  • Hyacinth and the Secrets Beneath
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • The Return of Meteor Boy? (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #2)
  • Cici's Journal: The Adventures of a Writer-In-Training
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • The Adventures of Beanboy (Beanboy #1)
  • How to Be Cool in the Third Grade
  • Toy Stories: Photos of Children from Around the World and Their Favorite Things
  • Zombie-Kids
  • Mini Myths: Good Job, Athena!
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now
  • The Moon Platoon (Space Runners, #1)
Derek Fridolfs has worked professionally as an writer, inker, cover & sequential artist for DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Boom, IDW, and a majority of comic companies the past 20 years.

#1 New York Times Best Selling Writer for the DC Secret Hero Society book series through SCHOLASTIC. And Eisner Nominated co-writer of Batman: Li'l Gotham at DC.

He's also written for such titles as Adventure Time, Reg

DC Comics: Secret Hero Society (6 books)
  • Study Hall of Justice (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #1)
  • Detention of Doom (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #3)
  • Science Fair Crisis (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society, #4)
  • Field Trip Disaster (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #5)
  • DC Comics: Secret Hero Society (3 Book Series)