Start by marking “Lies & Lullabies” as Want to Read:
Lies & Lullabies

Lies & Lullabies

On the weekends, she’s Sugar, a woman free of the pretty prison constructed by her domineering father, who combs the dangerous streets in search of something she never quite finds. During the week, she’s Simone, the good girl and the illegitimate daughter of the most powerful and hated man in Los Angeles.

Catch—aptly named for his “career” choice—is a man shrouded in myster
ebook
Published July 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Lies & Lullabies, please sign up.
Courtney Lane I'm so happy you enjoyed Catch. L&L will remain a standalone, but I wouldn't completely rule out a free novella, for fans of the book, in the distant …moreI'm so happy you enjoyed Catch. L&L will remain a standalone, but I wouldn't completely rule out a free novella, for fans of the book, in the distant future. (less)

Start your review of Lies & Lullabies
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ½! Lies & Lullabies (stand-alone). The mysterious Catch pulls Simone into his world while keeping her in the dark!

“With Catch, my body became a battleground. I fought to detach, and he demanded the opposite with his touch.”

Lies & Lullabies (stand-alone) is very much an unfolding mystery. Simone Leone, aka Sugar, the illegitimate daughter of a mob boss spends her days as the good daughter working as an executive assistant and her nights as a bad-ass unground fighter.

O
✦❋Arianna✦❋
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
4 Stars!!

description

Courtney Lane always delivers engrossing dark and twisted reads that have the power to keep you at the edge of your seat, making your head spin with its twists and revelations. 'Lies & Lullabies', her newest standalone novel is a mystery suspense enthralling read filled with intrigue, danger and most of all secrets that will keep your interest from start to finish with a multitude of puzzles.

"Show me all your pretty, soft pink and gray past, Sugar and I'll let you into my world.
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4 STARS

You can alway trust Courtney Lane to deliver a crazy ride that is just a little on the edge of too twisted and morally questionable. Lies & Lullabies is her newest standalone, this time around she went a little less dark than her previous books...if you can believe it...there is still so much crazy going on that it's probably more risque than your average dark read. It’s just tame for Courtney’s standards.

The story from the blurb was very intriguing to me. Sugar, a.k.a Simone leads a dou
warhawke
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark, lightly mafia theme lover
Genre: Dark Romance/Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Simone lived a sheltered life under the iron fist of her infamous father. To rebel against it, she became Sugar on weekends, dabbling in dangerous activities for a taste of freedom she desperately needed. During one of her excursions, she met someone that rattled both her heart and mind.

Catch's job was to extract information and he would do it by any means necessary. He wanted Simone for his own vendetta, coercing he
Elle
3* what's the Catch? STARS!

Simply. Courtney Lane is really a mastermind for twisted story. But this one was less bizarre and not really disturbing like the previous. Maybe some of you doesn't know that she will changed her genre from erotic dark romance into paranormal romance. This will be her last standalone dark theme but I didn't really enjoy it. Puzzles isn't really my thing. LOL! My brain hurts so bad.

description

Everything happened when Sugar met Catch. He insisted her to work for him. Sugar was save
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Phenomenal. What a spectacular web of secrecy, hidden agendas, and mystery. I call Courtney Lane "The Mistress of Manipulation" for a reason. And this book is proof of her ability to make you question everything, never take her books at face value.

"His face was lethal and sold me a lie: he had a heart buried underneath the madness to match the kindness in his face."

There's absolutely no way I can spill the beans on this book. I can't give this the justice it deserves. I'd label this Dark Ro
Expresso
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me begin first by saying not one single word in my review will do this story justice. Yes! Lies & Lullabies is really that amazing! Have you ever read a book where the characters are so well developed that if you reached out you feel as if you could touch the characters? I actually became so engrossed a few times that I felt as if Catch and Simone were next to me!

Lies & Lullabies deserve every accolade in the literary world! I could say this book deserve kudos because it's a Mafia release, a
CC
4.25 Stars

description

Simone is the daughter of a high ranked mobster by birth and a fighter by choice. Always striving to be the best because it was required, Simone followed the rules until her defiance could no longer be contained. During her small escapes, Simone’s life ceased and she became Sugar; however, she didn’t expect her life to irrevocably change when a certain stranger appeared in her path.

Catch is an extractor, a man who obtains information as his profession. He is enigmatic and encounters Su
~Stéphanie's Journal~
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
description

What did I just read? You can always trust Courtney Lane to give you one fucked up story. Even if in this one, there are less dark elements than usual, it stays a twisted story.

I have a hate/like story with this book. After the prologue I was intrigued because I didn't expect to have a mafia book. I never thought Courtney Lane would venture in such universe. After 25 % I wanted to stop reading because nothing made sense and I couldn't connect to the characters. I spoke with one of my friends wh
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Lies & Lullabies
Author: Courtney Lane
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Category: Mafia
Plot: 5
Characters: 4.5
Scorching Level:4
HEA: Not telling

I love this author so much!!! This book has been one of the highlights of my month!
Intrigue, danger, secrets & manipulation at its best! This book confused me and enthralled me at once with its amazing twists and turns. Maybe not as dark as the author's previous boo
Michelle
4.5 Stars!
Courtney Lane is an automatic buy for me. I love her books! I know when I buy one of her books the inside of my head will be twisting around like a tornado trying to figure everything out. This one was no different. I loved it! I dropped a half of star only because I wanted more!
If you like them dark, crazy and love a good mind fuck then this author is one you should try!
Aliana Milano
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was EPIC!!!

description

I love this bloody woman!! I adored this book. I didn't think she could get any better after I finished Opaque Mirrors but damn, L&L was fantastic!

Simone, or Sugar as I like to call her ( ;) ) is the daughter of a mob boss. Catch is hot as sin and ruthless and brutal and PERFECT for her! I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single one of their interactions!

I'm used to Courtney being a dark author. Reading her fucked up, dark books made my day. But I wouldn't class Lies and Lul
Nawal
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Courtney Lane always writes hero's which I feel I should be hating on, but instead I love them.

I always read every book this author releases so it was a bonus that I won this in the Shh summer event (yay!). Once again this woman had me hooked from beginning till the end and I am still guessing whether there will be a part 2 to this (please say yes Courtney).

Sugar is living a double life, one where she is a fighter in the streets and another being locked up in her home by her father, a dangerous
'Q' aka CoCo
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've been up and down with Courtney Lane... I loved The Sordid Promise and The Sect, but it went downhill for me with Delusive. Unfortunately, I didn't much care for Lies & Lullabies either...

Simone Leone is the illegitimate daughter of a mob boss. Every minute of her life is controlled and accounted for, watched by the bodyguards her father put in place...except for the weekends. During the weekends, she sneaks out and roams the streets as Sugar, an underground fighter, for reasons we don't lea
Brendy
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is such a good book.
Sugar lived all her life in a world full of lies and deprivation of a real family and freedom until destiniy plays a sick joke for her, and now the only way for her to get what she ever wants comes in the most dark of the packets she would ever imagine, making her embrace the most scariest and doubtfull of journeys that she could ever imagine herself to be into.

Cash, the perfect example of what a life of hard turns and restriction of what a person
Laura Lee
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just finished this one and am still trying to piece together what all was told in this book. The twist and turns almost had my head spinning non stop. A couple times I found myself having to go back a couple chapters to re-read parts just to catch up with the story line. In my opinion, this had too many twists for a reader to capture the full story. With that being said, it was a very woven story that took a lot to put it into a believable tale.
Catch aka the extractor is a mysterious man who is
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Courtney Lane delivered a raw, gritty, and utterly captivating mafia story that completely consumed me from start to finish. Anything Lane writes is infused with smart dialogue, intriguing characters and a brilliant plot, and this book was no exception. Set in the world of organized crime, Lies and Lullabies tells the story of Catch and Simone, two seemingly different individuals whose lives are forever altered after they cross paths.

"The man was a walking mental mind f***. I had an inkling I'd
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

Catch—aptly named fo
Janie
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know that feeling that you get when you are waiting in line to ride a new rollercoaster? The excitement and anticipation as you get locked into your seat before the ride starts. The slow ascent up that first big incline when you are not sure about what is going to happen or how it is going to feel. The rush and , dare I say it, fear as you plummet down the first descent. The twists and turns that you never see coming but throw you around as you are turned upside down. The final part of the r ...more
ConnieMarie Need Epic Reads
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite Courtney Lane read to date.
Completely riveting, an absolute mind bender that will have you rushing through pages, and seeking answers.
Sugar (Simone) and Catch are characters that will be etched in my mind.

Mafia movies are complex with lots of players and Courtney does a great job unraveling her families and their connections, interweaving the players and the teams. Well played Courtney, well played.
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
3.5 stars. I would have enjoyed it allot more but it was so twisting and confusing. I don't think my little mind could keep up lol! Great dark alpha hero though.
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"The devil was cloaked in beauty to entice the sinner, and he was birthed from a pool of the devil’s temptations."

What can I say about this book. There are not enough words to describe how truly amazing Lies and Lullabies was to me. I mean I can go and recite the whole alphabet on how truly fantastic this book was. Like I said, there are no enough words to fully describe this book. I was so excited for this book because I have been waiting for this book ever since I found out about. My other bur
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I not going give any spoilers with this review but I can stay I was hooked from page one.

Simone, is the good girl and does everything a good Daughter can be for her father who is very Controlling of her life and what she can and can’t do and is one of the most powerful AND Hated men in L.A.

But on the weekends she is Sugar, a free woman, searching the streets looking for something that she never finds.

I really liked Sugar/Simone such a great character, on the streets is where she meets “Catch” a
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
Wow Lies & Lullabies by Courtney Lane was a first for me by this author and let me tell you what a freaking story it was!!! Lies & Lullabies had me questioning not only what would happen next it had me wondering if I even liked Catch at all? He was a hard hero for me to like. At first I thought his mysterious attitude was great then I thought I could never trust someone like him and wanted Sugar to get away and stay away. I felt at every turn I had no clue what was going to happen. Usually I can ...more
EbonyMonae
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Darn Good!

I love Courtney Lane's Books. She is an amazing author. She writes such dark taboo books. She takes me away from my warm and fluffy comfort zone and brings me to a place that like uncomfortable but you can't put the book down.
For months now I was in a book slump. No author could hold my attention very long until I read this book.

I loved it from the beginning. The plot kept twisting and turning. One minute I'm like yes figured it all out and the next I'm like damn what the hell ju
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, sonal
Oh God this was such a heart-wrenching ride. The secrets, the mystery and all the dark, gritty emotions made my blood pressure rise. Of course, I can't elaborate about this book too much as that would ruin the plot. I tried to guess everything that would happen and believe me, I was really wrong. The entire story;s premise was set in suspense. I loved how dark it was and yet you couldn't help but be in awe of the characters. Can't wait to read more by Courtney. ~Sonal
Diana's
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kickass read loved it..
review to follow
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"When you're in the middle of a land without the sun, and you finally get a taste of what the light feels like on your face, it's enough."

Sugar, a wild and free spirit, fighting for her life at the weekend, her motivations complex and muddy. Catch, the knight in not so shiny armour, his rescue too well placed to be believed. Thrown together in a grand scheme of revenge and a race to undercover the truth can Sugar put all the pieces of the little together before she's drawn in too deep?

I've finis
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
3 Stars

This was the first book by this author I've read, and while I enjoyed the uniqueness of the storyline, I found the composition confusing.

We start out with a man named Marcin and his strange, unclear plot on taking down a mob leader. Then we cut to fourteen months later with Sugar, a street wise girl who competes in underground fights. While waiting for her fight she runs into a mysterious man who spars wits with her. Later at the fight, she sees him again.

Here's where I started to get los
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Shelves: suspense, must-read
Another fantastic read from Courtney Lane.

Sugar/Simone is a good girl in a controlled world that is ruled by the Marfia. Dominated by her Father who has kept her tucked safely away until Catch comes in and disrupts everything.

Simone and Catch are both complex characters and at times it is very easy to believe the lies that Catch is feeding Simone in order to keep her complacent. He is that convincing. Although he is a killer and wants to bring Simone into the Dark side of his life he has some ve
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • The Fall
  • King's Men (The Savage Fall, #1)
  • Stain (Stain, #1)
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York Book 1)
  • Stolen Innocence
  • Asher Black (The Five Syndicates, #1)
  • Claimed
  • Beautifully Cruel
  • King's Horses (The Savage Fall, #2)
  • Stealing Beauty (Captive series #2)
  • Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • Madman's Method (Madman Duet, #1)
  • A Touch of Dark (Painted Sin Book 1)
  • A Taste like Sin (Painted Sin Book 2)
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)
COURTNEY LANE has been creating her own little world since she was very young.

While many of her works touch several different genres, she has an archetype when it comes to the female protagonists in her stories.

Currently, Courtney can be found either working on her next book, playing the latest role-playing game on her X-Box (preferably a game by BioWare), or spending time with her family.

https:/