Start by marking “A Tiding of Magpies” as Want to Read:
A Tiding of Magpies

A Tiding of Magpies

This ‘Deliciously Dark’ collection of stories written by Pete Sutton, tells tales themed on the counting magpies song – “One for sorrow… “ A Tiding of Magpies is an enchanting short story collection which will give you a pleasurable shiver up the spine. Whether it is waking up to unmentionable sounds in Not Alone, or taking a trip to the land of stories in Five for Silver, ...more
Published June 28th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Tiding of Magpies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tiding of Magpies

Joanne Hall
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are many rhymes about magpies, and it’s the original, lesser known version of the “One for Sorrow” rhyme that forms the basis of the bulk of this collection by Bristol author Pete Sutton from new-ish publishers Kensington Gore. I’ve been lucky enough to hear or have read a number of stories in this collection before it was published, but Pete is a fine writer and it was great to be able to go back and revisit the stories, particularly the ones I had only previously heard read aloud.

The col
Angela Brooks
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In reading A Tiding of Magpies by Pete Sutton the reader treads a pathway through the weird world of Pete’s imagination into the darkness beyond the veil. Starting with the almost innocuous “Roadkill”, in which a small child has an unusual way of dealing with troublesome adults, then falling into the world below in “Sailing Beneath The City”, a haunting tale of drifting alone in a forgotten world of mists and greyness where a memory eating trance can be induced at will, snuffing out painful thou ...more
Chris
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Tiding of Magpies is a collection of moody and unsettling tales which look intensely at death. For me the weirder tales are stronger but this may be my own preference for the genre. Whilst the stories are good and Sutton has a great career ahead of him, this is not the collection these stories deserve. I feel a better reorganisation of his stories in future is what is needed to really demonstrate the strength of the writing.

Full Review: http://geekplanetonline.com/reviews/b...
Terri
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I'm enjoying this series. However, anyone wanting to read should be prepared for lots of descriptions of things, lots of bird references, and this one...I wish I'd waited till the next in the series was out. I'm left hanging in suspense.
Teodor