Start by marking “Sting” as Want to Read:
Sting

Sting

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  18,016 ratings  ·  1,399 reviews
Librarian’s note: This is a previously-published edition of
Kindle ASIN: B01FQLZSPY.

When Jordie Bennet and Shaw Kinnard lock eyes across a disreputable backwater bar, something definitely sparks. Shaw gives off a dangerous vibe that makes men wary and inspires women to sit up and take notice. None feel that undercurrent more strongly than savvy businesswoman Jordie, who
Published August 16th 2016 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sting, please sign up.
The TBR Pile *Book review site* *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN"T READ THIS BOOK*

*SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN"T READ THIS BOOK*

The second password was under Jordie's name which is Jordan. Her brother Josh set it up, pretending to be her which the bankers thought was a man based on the name. This was at the end of the book while he was dragging her through the woods.(less)
Alex Galloway My local Walmart has it for $14.97 in hardcover

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

If you by any chance love Sandra Brown’s books and decide to give this one a go, DO NOT give up on it.

The thing is, this book starts reeeal sloooow. Nothing makes sense, you don’t know who, what, where and why. You are one hundred percent lost.

In other words, you feel stupid. Or bored to death.

I know, I know, this is a mystery, it is supposed to be mysterious, vague and confusing. Yeah, well. Tell it to my brain. It refused to cooperate and invest itself in the story. The first 30% was
Mo
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some authors are an "auto-buy" for me. The anticipation of release date is BIG. SB is one of those authors! And, it is a little bit of pressure on an author when you are waiting in 'anticipation' for such a book. Did she disappoint? Fuck, No. SHE.DID.NOT. I loved it. Every single minute!!! I sort of begrudge having to pay more than $6 for an ebook. This one was close to $13 ... but if she can give me a stellar read that keeps me interested for a number of days, it is worth it.

I really didn't rea
Melissa
This was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I have to say - well done, Ms. Brown. She delivered another cleverly crafted story. I found myself completely enamored with her writing and this cast of characters. Not to the mention, the great innuendos, the witty banter and the feels all intertwined with the suspense. I couldn’t get enough.

Ms. Brown pulled me into the story with the action, led me down a path that made me believe I knew exactly what was happening and who I could trust
♥Sharon♥
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

By now you all know I love Sandra Brown. Her books are amazing. I’ve read a number of them and most, if not all, were 4 or 5 star reviews. Sting can be added to that list. Another fantastic read.
I loved the suspense.
I loved the intrigue.
I loved Shaw Kinnard.
I loved Jordie Bennet.
I loved the sexual tension, the build-up, the anticipation.

As with her other books I would suggest not reading many reviews. Everything you need to know is in her synopsis. I won’t be saying much about the plot beca
Paromjit
This is an intense, high octane, character driven thriller set in Louisiana, its bayous and swamplands. This is the first book I have read by the author, and I thought it was absolutely terrific. Jordan Elaine Bennett, Jordie, enters a bayou bar that she normally would not be seen in. Shaw Kinnard, along with another hitman are in the bar, and Jordie is their mark. Before you know it, all hell breaks loose. Shaw abducts Jordie, after taking out the other hitman. Jordie has a wanted and criminal ...more
Kaceey - Traveling Sister
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sandra Brown is one of my favorite suspense novelists.

Her books all follow a simple recipe:
Strong professional woman falling for tough bad guy (heart of gold- just misunderstood).
Toss in a great story involving the FBI (or police), an all-out manhunt, and you have yourself a perfect Sandra Brown novel.
Oh, and don't forget a dash of romance!

Don't get me wrong, this recipe is a delicious success. Lol!
Works every time, and I keep coming back for more!

As good as always...hungry for the next!
Jill
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Unapproachable was Jordie Bennett. [..]

No two ways about it, she could make just about any man's mouth water.

Which kinda sucked.

Since Shaw had been hired to kill her.

Shaw Kinnard, assassin-for-hire and his associate are killing time in a bar in the Louisiana boondocks, when in walks Jordie Bennett, their hit. But Shaw, keen to take advantage of the situation, decides instead to abduct Jordie, whisking her off to a decrepit hideout in the bayous.

Over the next thirty-six hours, Shaw tries
*TANYA*
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dang!!! This book was great!! I hadn't read one Sandra's "grown-up" books in a while. This book had a little of everything romance, suspense, and mystery.
Karen
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Another jaw-dropper for Sandra Brown. I'm still in shock that I got an ARC from Netgalley... thanks for that! An intriguing plot, with characters that will keep you guessing all the way to the end. I did sort of guess the ending quite early, but I was only partially on target. I still loved the story. I would have liked a little more from the romance, but in retrospect, the intrigue and sexual tension, was probably more effective. Why not a 5? Blame some of her other books, like Envy, a
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
This is a book that I needed to take a couple of days to ponder about before I wrote the review so that I could clarify why it just didn't work for me. Sting is the second Sandra Brown book I have read in my life, actually, this is the first book I managed to finish. I read one last year or tried, but I could not finish it. And, that's because the plot was so infuriating and I just couldn't stand the characters. This book was better, marginally. Well, I did manage to finish it at least and it se ...more
Archit Ojha
4.5 Wonderful Stars.

Sandra Brown delivers a solid work here!

It was my first time reading Sandra Brown. I did not know what to anticipate from Sting and I must say that it had been a tremendously great time. At first, I was lost. But once the game initiated, I was unstoppable.

Multiple characters within the characters, offer you an opportunity to live multiple lives within just one book. Realistic actions, dialogues, their background were enough to keep me enthralled.

Suspense and Romance are th
Sue
STING by the talented author Sandra Brown always delivers a romantic suspense novel that is sure to please. This was no exception. Her characters are mysterious and intriguing and the plot grabs your attention.

This story centers around Jordan “Jordie” Bennet, and her brother Josh Bennet. Josh has problems with his employer who is trying to stop Josh from testifying against him on fraudulent missing money schemes. Josh is working with the FBI in order to avoid prison time. Obviously, his employer
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Suspenseful Stars!!

Sandra Brown is one of my favorite romantic suspense writers, her novels keep me on the edge, her character are intriguing, mysterious, and some are just plain sinister.

This story centers around Jordan “Jordie” Bennet, her brother Josh Bennet and her brother's troubles with his employer who is determined to stop Josh from testifying against him on his multiple fraudulent schemes and all of the missing money. In order to avoid prison, Josh is working the with the FBI. Natu
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

Sting is a heart racing, edge of your seat, no clue how it is going to work out string of surprises. Each chapter bringing a new revelation that left me unable to stop without knowing what could possibly happen next. Shaw Kinnard is a hit man. Probably. But it is a Sandra Brown novel, and if you have read her before you know there is a chance that you don’t know everything these is to know about Shaw. Jordie is a woman trying to hold her life toge
Ingie
Review written August 22, 2016

4.2 Stars - Jet again another 'winner' by the talented SB who never dissapoint you in this romantic suspense genre

Ah, oh, wow, yeah!! — I just finished the very NEW Sandra Brown novel. And? Goodie, good good!

Lazy as I am nowadays I chosed to listening to the audiobook — 11:40 hours splendid good narrated by a man with a perfect husky manly voice. Stephen Lang is a "safe card" you can trust.

**********************************************

Maybe Sting, Jordie Bennet's
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Every now and then I come across a Sandra Brown book that just doesn't do it for me. This is one of them. To me, Sting felt very formulaic and predictable. Everything felt a little contrived.

I never got involved with the characters, there were no 'OMG' moments, no 'I have to keep reading, I simply can't bear to put this book down' times. In fact it took me a whole two weeks to read and I would go several days without picking it up.

So, sorry Ms Brown, but while there is nothing intrinsically wron
"Unapproachable was Jordie Bennett. With that face, that body, she could afford to be selective. No two ways about it, she could make just about any man’s mouth water. Which kinda sucked. Since Shaw had been hired to kill her."
If you are a fan of Sandra Brown, you already know how good she is at writing romance and thriller suspense novels. Her 2016 release: Sting is an engaging and sexy addition to her already impressive collection. Kidnapping, lots of bad guy strategies, tons of money at
Selene
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Setting: Louisiana
POVs: Multiple, 3rd person
Romance: 2/5

Jordan Elaine Bennett is caught in a firestorm of suspicion after a Ponzi scheme involving her younger brother, Josh, comes to light. The two have a strained relationship to begin with but Jordan never anticipates just how deeply disturbed her brother is.

This story started off okay but became progressively unexciting. The dialogue seemed stiff in some areas and even the few twists in the story seemed uneventful. Th
Julie
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sting by Sandra Brown in a 2016 Grand Central Publication.

You gotta love Sandra Brown’s consistency! Sting is another solid and quintessential romantic suspense novel from Brown, whose stories have kept me on the edge of my seat for decades.

Jordie Bennett is a successful business woman, but is still living in the dark shadow cast by her brother, Josh, which is how she winds up being kidnapped by Shaw Kinnard, a man hired by a powerful criminal to kill Jordie.

But, before he completes his missi
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I liked this one. It wasn't my favorite Sandra Brown book but it was definitely entertaining. I should say upfront that I am a huge Sandra Brown fan. I was reading and loving her books long before I was blogging or writing any kind of reviews. I haven't read all of her book but I have enjoyed a fair number of them and I have found then to be consistently good. This one did not disappoint.

The story starts with a bang. Shaw is with his partner
Brandie
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
And Sandra Brown does it again! This book was fantastic. Loved every minute!
Elizabeth
Judy Collins
Savvy. Sexy. Sultry. Suspenseful!

Bestselling talented "queen," Sandra Brown returns following Friction, on my Top Books of 2015 (Best Romantic Suspense), with yet another action-packed crime thriller and romantic suspense, STING.

An unlikely couple on the run hiding out; with plenty of danger, apprehension, hot sizzling sexual tension, and “signature Brown” twists and surprises.

In the boondocks of south central Louisiana, we meet Jordan Elaine Bennett totally out of place in a local dive w
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
The Sting grabbed my attention with the first line, Exactly twenty-two minutes before Mickey Bolden met his maker, he tossed a handful of popcorn into his mouth and said, "A woman walks into a bar." Mickey Bolden and Shaw Kinnard appear shocked when Jordie Bennet, the woman they have been hired to kill, walks into the seedy, bayou bar as they are discussing their hit. Clearly, she is out of her element, and they are screwed. What's going on? Twenty-two minutes later, something goes down in the p ...more
Maha
**** 1/2
When you can't be sure who your enemies are, you'd better follow your instinct. In this captivating thriller by Sandra Brown, never trust what you see.
Jordie is a successful and well known beautiful woman. However, someone wants her dead. Meanwhile, her brother is in witness protection program. He hasn't only betrayed the ruthless drug dealer, but he has stolen a big sum from him too. 30 million dollars!
While the killers are getting ready to kill Jordie, a major change in events sends ev
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I have mixed feelings about this and I'm working on the review. These were some of my initial thoughts:

When I first started reading this, I was disappointed when the "meet" between the H & h was that he was the hired assassin to kill the heroine. I had just read Kerrigan Byrnes's The Hunter and didn't like the assassin/victim trope in it so I have to admit I was immediately prejudiced against the start of this with the same trope. It took a little while to pull me into the book and truthfull
Chloe
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read a Sandra Brown book. I have fond memories of her books - Lethal remains one of my favourite all-time books to this very day. This one was sitting quite comfortably on a 4 star nearly all the way, until the last few chapters or so (I admit, I wasn't keeping track, the pages were turning fast by then!) ... when the little twists and turns gained it another star in my opinion.

I like how Sandra Brown writes her characters. They are strong, but not perfect, thus one can
Fathima
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Sandra Brown and goodness gracious can I just wow ! I definitely didn't see that twist coming . And Shaw Kinnard... Ummmm wow !!!! Looking forward to reading more from this author.
♥Rachel♥
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think reading the blurb is the most you should know about Sting. It’s best to experience all twists and turns without knowing what’s coming. I will say that once you get started on a Sandra Brown mystery it’s usually hard to put it down, and this was the case for Sting with me. Every chapter conclusion is like a mini cliffhanger making it painful if you have to put the story down! I love to be fooled with a mystery, I want the author to get one over on me, and while I did have some suspicions ...more
Play Book Tag: Sting – Sandra Brown - 4 stars 3 12 Nov 28, 2018 04:52AM
Where to start with Sandra Brown? 7 62 Jun 11, 2018 04:17PM
Play Book Tag: Sting by Sandra Brown -- 3 stars 1 21 Aug 31, 2016 06:46AM
  • Insidious (FBI Thriller, #20)
  • Frost Line
  • The Whistler (The Whistler, #1)
  • Damaged
  • Home (Myron Bolitar, #11)
  • Wired (Buchanan-Renard, #13)
  • Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1)
  • Night and Day (Eve Duncan, #21)
  • Two By Two
  • Killer Look (Alexandra Cooper #18)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)
  • Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17; Dark #2)
  • The Wrong Side of Goodbye (Harry Bosch, #19; Harry Bosch Universe, #28)
  • Reckless Creed (Ryder Creed, #3)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43)
  • The Life She Wants: A Novel

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
“What people aren't looking for, they rarely see.” 1 likes